• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character weight list, fall speed list and random things

Linkguy

Smash Cadet
Dude, your my hero mad props on the project. It's very interesting, i thought Link had the fastest fall speed.. but i guess i was mistaken.

Revolce

Smash Cadet
No offense to M2K (who i think is great) but this is more accurate than ..well any weight list IMO.
Would it be okay to post on GameFAQs? I'm assuming no, but if yes that'd be awesome.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
very nice, very nice

but one thing though, wouldnt it change the weight value for a different character since u only compared it to mario? what if u compared it to fox? or any character at that.

v = d * a / m + b + f * c

v = is the velocity a character has when it flies away.
d = the damage the character has after the attack
a = is the incremental knock back of a move on Mario
m = the weight of the character being hit from the list I posted
b = the base knock back of a move against Mario
f = is the value in the fall speed list above
c = is a value that determines how much the base knock back differs based on fall speed. For attacks where b is smaller then 2200 (the vast majority of moves in the game) this value is 100. For attack above 2200 it seems to vary between 70 and 170.

another thing about this formula of yours. would it be possible to manipulate it and solve for another value?

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
In the official SSBB book I got when the game came out it said that King DDD was the heaviest. of all.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
In the official SSBB book I got when the game came out it said that King DDD was the heaviest. of all.
that can't be right. Bowser is and always has been the heaviest.

who wrote the book? because i got one of those "official" game guides during the midnight release of Brawl and it gave MK a 6/10 character rating and gave Captain Falcon an 8/10 rating. the numbers just don't add up.

AuraKid

Smash Cadet
This is alot simpler, and I think more accurate than M2K's. Thanks for taking the time to make this

RXFOX

Smash Rookie
I love fox for this because he fast falls well but you can drift left to right a lot better than other starfox animals.

Top Bottom