• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character unlocking issue...anyone got an answer?

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so my son and I have both been playing this game pretty much non stop since last night...I unlocked everyone, and my son almost has, except Mewtwo keeps kicking the ever loving hell out of him, and now he has unlocked EVERYONE else...and done all classic modes (except obviously mewtwos) and we can NOT get the rematch thing to come back again now. We have played vs matches....he re played classic a couple times randomly...and nothing seems to bring Mewtwo back to challenge. I man I had no issue, but my son is 11, and while he can set the difficulty of the classic mode to easy as hell, the later unlockable characters have been DESTROYING him with precision and ferocity that I do not think even level 9s dish out. This is kind of dumb when you already have to put a healthy amount of time in even FIGHTING them...

Anyway...my question is, has anyone else had this problem where they just CAN'T make hte rematch icon appear??

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Don't have the game but figured I'd bring up World of Light to you. Couldn't he play it and find Mewtwo to unlock him there? Probably won't be long till someone has a map up showcasing everyone's location. Also I think the time spent in it counts towards unlocking so exiting out can spark a challenger as well.

And goodness, you both binged on Smash!!! When it does get here, work will hamper my binging of it for a bit. But come Tuesday...

Last edited:

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
Don't have the game but figured I'd bring up World of Light to you. Couldn't he play it and find Mewtwo to unlock him there? Probably won't be long till someone has a map up showcasing everyone's location. Also I think the time spent in it counts towards unlocking so exiting out can spark a challenger as well.

And goodness, you both binged on Smash!!! When it does get here, work will hamper my binging of it for a bit. But come Tuesday...
Ha yeah we arranged to spend the majority of 72 hours on it XD....eh the WoL doesn't interest him and Mewtwo is like 20+ hours into it.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Ha yeah we arranged to spend the majority of 72 hours on it XD....eh the WoL doesn't interest him and Mewtwo is like 20+ hours into it.
Wait what!?! WoL is over 20+ hours long?!?! Eek, I was planning on using it to unlock everyone since it'd be like a little adventure saving everyone. I may have to rethink my strategy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I used WOL mostly to unlock characters but there was a trick. Play WOL for 10-15 mins then go out and you usually have a newcomer ready for you. You can also find some in WOL while exploring so you get characters both ways. Classic is another great way to unlock characters.

Hipotenusia

Smash Rookie
since unlocking characters is based off of how much you move around (in vs mode), if the rematch doesn't show up play a quick stock match and just run around for a few minutes, and then you could win or lose the match, and check again.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is the ultimate Pokemon so it is natural that he would lose.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Honestly, I unlocked all of them and the battles aren't that bad. I lost a few ones where I had the wrong character and wrong stage. It took 3 tries to get Pit but the rest were done the first time or two tries. It took two tries with Mewtwo because I had Fox first and it was on a level where he couldn't maneuver well. I used Mario the second time and won handily (wasn't close).

I use different characters with AI versus humans. I found it better to use players with powerful Smash Special moves against the AI (even if they are slow). Donkey Kong has been my Main through WOL.

Top Bottom