• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Speculation: Jibanyan from Yo-kai Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekina~

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone I'm Tekina~ and I'm new to smashboards and I decided to do a certain post for my first one (as you can also tell by my profile pic...) I want Jibanyan. So here I go
Jibanyan is a D rank nekomata yokai from the game Yo-kai Watch, which released on the Nintendo 3ds in Japan 2013, and got localized out of japan around late 2015. The series also has many more games, ranging from Yokai watch 2-4 (4 is in development for the Nintendo Switch) along with spin offs like Sangokushi and Busters/Blasters, a song in just dance and even it's own mobile game (the localized version was removed may 30th 2018!) And has had 3 movies (selling way more than any other japan movie those years), and is starting it's 4th anime season in JapanSO why should Jibanyan be in smash ultimate? Well I'm here to say a few reasons.

Level-5 has been usually the closest company to Nintendo so far, producing many games for them, like Ni No Ku Ni (which originated on the DS I believe), Professor Layton, Fantasy Life, Inazuma 11, Yo-kai Watch, LBX, and some Dragon Quest games. When you even look up Level 5, it's known for it's 2 most popular Nintendo franchises: Professor Layton, and Yo-kai watch. Like, why would Nintendo's closest company not have any reps in smash ultimate?

Even source gaming made an article for Jibanyan, check that out.

Spoiler section here, yokai watch 2 story, so if you got past this part, you can read this here.
Jibanyan wasn't actually a Yo-kai (like many others) He was once a cat named Rudy and he was owned by Amy. As Rudy, his appearance was that of a regular cat with red fur and has a curved muzzle instead of a wavy muzzle, he also had white inner ears and paws tips with a regular tail and also had a belt. As a Yo-kai, he tries to fight oncoming traffic, and inspirits (possesses) people to run into traffic without thinking. He thankfully got befriended by whisper and Nate. Jibanyan/Rudy got sent back in time by Gin and Kin and they asked Rudy if he wanted to be a Yo-kai again. Rudy said yes.

Yo-kai watch ideas in smash bros. Here's the thing- There isn't a lot to pull from Jibanyan for a moveset, making moves for him would be really difficult. We do know of some basic attacks we can use (claws, kicks, etc.) and some special moves (Blaze, a jump like being summoned (see the anime for that part)) We can also take inspiration from his soultimates NOT SPECIALS, SOULTIMATES Paws of Fury, Victory, and Nyext. We can also look at many other "forms" of Jibanyan, like We got melonyans, gemnyans, thornyan, baddinyan, shogunyan, hovernyan, meganyan (not playable) darknyan, jetnyan… I could go on. But we can also use their colors as palette swaps, changing jibanyan's color from red, to say black for baddinyan. Imagine it!

So a yokai watch stage is next. We can either have Springdale, or St. Peanutsburg. were we can travel around each town in the background, or like skyworld. We can also use the Infinite Inferno too. (the "USA" location in YKW3) and there is a plethora of music to use, as we got boss themes from 1-3, battle themes, final boss themes, secret boss themes, or since we got many lighthearted music in S4, we can use the town themes, but we can also use the terror time theme (a bit sped up and remixed) if we want something more "creepy" as the franchise is in it's hidden roots.
I'm sorry but this is all I got so far, if anyone would like to help/give advice and whatnot, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom