• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Character Model Imports

zankyou

Smash Lord
Wow that's amazing! So we can import models over fox now?
Have you figured out a way to work this into the Mario/SheikTargets Model Converter?
Not quite. I cannot get his tail to appear. Im guessing its an issue with fur.

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Not quite. I cannot get his tail to appear. Im guessing its an issue with fur.
I never would have even thought of that as a problem. Damn furries.

Well, feel free to let me know if you need any help. I guess for now, we can just rejoice in knowing we're a small step further.

JayGuy

Smash Rookie
Can you do My Melody over Peach please. Use the My Melody model that was in Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
import the .dat file over the corresponding .dat in your iso. just like a normal ol texture

edit: Asriel (Soul) Asriel (Soul) this post was responding to you but i just realized i didnt (and am unable to) answer your question soz

Last edited:

oso!

Smash Rookie
any idea why these textures on smash 3 marth's hair are like this?

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
can the hooded marth model (or any, i suppose) be retextured? id love to have a full suite of be-cowled marths on my build

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
Are imports over other characters than Mario available now?
Well the answer to your question is technically "Yes." but Zankyou only released a program for putting models over mario. Keep in mind I don't know how to import other characters, so it is very possible but only a select few know how to do it.

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
like, for example, using white falcon instead of green falcon for the ryu model
Ohhhh, sadly no. DTW only converts the textures, therefore if you try to convert, you will only get the textures on the other model, not the actual custom model. A way to get the model on a different color is to model edit on that specific color yourself, or have someone do it for you.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
It's actually much easier than that, or at least so i was told, it has to do with changing some strings to point to the new costume's data, but i don't know exactly what are those.

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
It's actually much easier than that, or at least so i was told, it has to do with changing some strings to point to the new costume's data, but i don't know exactly what are those.
Maybe can you ask the person that told you? Then that could help I'm sure.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I already know what was it, you know how usually at the end of the .dat there's a list of bones? Well just add the color to the end of the name string, so for instance, yellow mario would be "PlyMario5KYe" instead of "PlyMario5K", and the byte before it has to be changed (If it's 19 it has to be 17, and viceversa) and the first few bytes in the file have to be changed to reflect the new ending offset of that .dat

So with this i can finally make that Ryu in Melee i have been dreaming of all this time!

Also, interestingly this could also work for porting characters over others, as the problem that makes them crash is basically the incompatible model. (Along with the different character effects file)

Last edited:

N0XXKATT

Smash Cadet
I made it as a joke once, not sure where the file is, but it's not worth posting anyways since I made it with zankyou's importer

TheOtherEthan

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
TOE#355
any idea why these textures on smash 3 marth's hair are like this?
Probably because the textures aren't transparent. After exporting the texture, open up some sort of image editing software (I use piskel for these) and make all of the greyish parts transparent. Then import the file back in and it should be fine

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Probably because the textures aren't transparent. After exporting the texture, open up some sort of image editing software (I use piskel for these) and make all of the greyish parts transparent. Then import the file back in and it should be fine
That won't fix it. The model itself only will use a texture format that can't store transparency at all, so there's nothing to do other than hack around with a hex editor.

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
hey im looking to replace all of pikas alts with differently colored party hats. would anyone be willing to tell me how to do something like that?

Red Keaton

Smash Rookie
Z zankyou Hi hi
Could you put Awakening Roy on Roy? I've been playing Melee with him since 2003 and it would be a dream come true to play with Awakening Roy <33

Amazing work, btw

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Z zankyou Hi hi
Could you put Awakening Roy on Roy? I've been playing Melee with him since 2003 and it would be a dream come true to play with Awakening Roy <33

Amazing work, btw
You do realize he's not made a single import since 2017? Also I guess I can try to do it if you send the .pac file from Project M (or was it Project +? Idk).

Top Bottom