• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Progress Character Model Imports

zankyou

Smash Lord
Gonna put stuff here

Smash WiiU falcon

Note, this isnt really playable. Way too many vertices for a smooth experience. Its more of a proof of concept. On dolphin the game runs at 45fps unless you enable cpu override.

N64 falcon

Retro Falcon

Smash3c

Casshern Sins

Ryu

Grand Dad Mario

NES Mario

Penguin Mario

RoboMario

Toxic Mario

Hooded Marth

Smash3 Marth

My Waifu. Will not share.

Chrom

Roy over Marth

These arent perfect and the character bones are moved somewhat so its not really tourney legal (though the shifts are minuscule and shouldnt make any difference to gameplay). Well after I change the scale of the characters so they arent giants.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
nope.

first one only the eyes appeared
second one froze after selecting the stage when the characters where supposed ot appear
same with the third
and fourth
and fifth
the 6th worked

all where different models.
There is one issue Ive found which is more of a brawl thing. The metal textures do something weird. Try deleting the metal ext materials in those files, saving it. The reopening it in brawlbox and saving again.

RoyalFoil

Smash Rookie
Hey zankyou, I know you may have some stuff on your plate, but can you put PM Melee (Remastered?) Wolf over Fox and/ or Melee Remastered Lucas over Ness? I'm working on a PM Wolf PSA for Melee (His attributes are finished, but I just need to edit some textures like the laser color and edit the attacks via animation swapping) Thanks if you respond.

ninjasmasher03

Smash Rookie
Would also like to know how to add these into my melee.

Is there a guide anywhere?
Follow these steps since the files here are larger than the ones in vMelee

1.) Open melee iso in GCR
2.) Right click on 'root' and click 'Export' (Can take a minute or two)
3.) Head to the folder where you extracted your files
4.) Replace the file with whatever stage you want (Make sure it has the correct name though)
5.) Open the 'Root' file back up in GCR
6.) Click 'Save' (Can take a minute or two)
7.) Click 'Rebuild' (Can take a minute or two)

Your iso now has your new character

zankyou

Smash Lord
Alternatively you can use DTW to replace the file and it will rebuild for you.

fletchers

Smash Rookie
yo, that's crazy cool. I've been waiting for this. if I may ask: is it feasible for you to make a guide or tutorial of some sort for someone like me who would love to delve into making models himself? something like the "remove parts of models in the hexcode" tutorial, which enabled me to do that sort of stuff? or would that be too much/undoable for beginners?

Minerali

Smash Apprentice
Just tested the Ryu model in dolphin and it looks amazing. Does it work on Wii too?

How did you do it? I want to start importing models too :004:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Giraphe

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1821-9946-0555
id love to learn how to do this . Ive been thinking of making a fox with a bandana over his snout but gave up because I didnt think it was possible in melee

ChaoTea

Smash Rookie
Would it ever be possible to have Hooded Marth with no bone changes, or is that unfeasible at this current point?

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I've been trying to import stages over other stages but my game always crashes when I try to play them...

Most recent one was me trying to put regular Battlefield stage over Brinstar [kraid] stage but then the game always crashes when I try to play it....

Anyone know what's going on? asante

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
This is crazy! You are something else, zankyou.
I'm eagerly awaiting Slippy over Fox/Falco.

KenyaBoy

Smash Rookie
If this really starts to work (smooth on Wii hardware) then

THIS
WILL
BE
HUGE!!!!!!!

Imagine importing chars from any game into Melee!!!! (like you can already do in PM / Brawl :p)

DRGN

Technowizard
These arent perfect and the character bones are moved somewhat so its not really tourney legal (though the shifts are minuscule and shouldnt make any difference to gameplay). Well after I change the scale of the characters so they arent giants.
Is this true for all of the characters you have in the OP? I was wondering if any of Mario's might have original bones/proportions and be tourney legal.

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question, would anybody be able to make a custom C. Falcon Jotaro Kujo model? Something like this: http://jerichoakemi.deviantart.com/art/Jotaro-Kujo-Download-527574761

Just curious if possible and somebody might be willing to make one. Thanks.
That's a lot of work. Besides the models in this thread are ported from Brawl. If someone has made a Jotaro model for Brawl then maybe it'll be ported in the future. (And maybe you'll be able to do it yourself.)

You'll have to be patient though. It's probably gonna be a while.

Cyiatic

Smash Rookie
That's a lot of work. Besides the models in this thread are ported from Brawl. If someone has made a Jotaro model for Brawl then maybe it'll be ported in the future. (And maybe you'll be able to do it yourself.)

You'll have to be patient though. It's probably gonna be a while.
Good to know, thank you. The link (which leads to deviantart and has a download) is a mod for brawl, PM etc. Is that what you mean by the models here are ported from brawl?

_yuna

Smash Apprentice
Good to know, thank you. The link (which leads to deviantart and has a download) is a mod for brawl, PM etc. Is that what you mean by the models here are ported from brawl?
Welp, only took a cursory glance over your link so didn't realize it was a model for Brawl. Thought you wanted someone to make a model for Melee specifically. (Which wouldn't work anyway.) What I meant is that the models in this thread were all models taken from Brawl. I just misunderstood what you wanted.
I don't see why the model you linked can't be imported though. I'm not able to do it. To my knowledge the only person who's able to so far is zankyou. So the patience part remains the same sadly. haha

kanbaru

Smash Rookie
I'm a big dumb dumb but I'm assuming there's no way to have these hurtboxes align with the vanilla models?

Cyiatic

Smash Rookie
Welp, only took a cursory glance over your link so didn't realize it was a model for Brawl. Thought you wanted someone to make a model for Melee specifically. (Which wouldn't work anyway.) What I meant is that the models in this thread were all models taken from Brawl. I just misunderstood what you wanted.
I don't see why the model you linked can't be imported though. I'm not able to do it. To my knowledge the only person who's able to so far is zankyou. So the patience part remains the same sadly. haha
Thanks for the info! I hope that might get added soon.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Is this true for all of the characters you have in the OP? I was wondering if any of Mario's might have original bones/proportions and be tourney legal.
Unfortunately yes. The bones are in different locations and unless I shift the melee bones slightly, it distorts the model when in motion. Without changing the model I cannot see a way around this.

Last edited:

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Have we made anymore progress on being able to import models for characters like Fox, Sheik, Samus, and Falco? And is there anything I can do to help?

D

Deleted member 269706

Does anyone have the Chrom .dat file? Would really appreciate it if someone could re-upload it for me...
Z zankyou

Top Bottom