• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Character Match-Ups

Brookman

Smash Hero
give me some anti-peach knowledge
Combo perfectly, never miss L-cancels, combo PERFECTLY don'tget shield grabbed, don't get grabbed, don't get hit, shoot lasers, combo perfectly. Play ganon or marth.

Edit:: Note I didn't say anything about recovery. That's because if you're off the stage your dead. Read: Don't get hit/shoot lasers/combo perfectly

Cort

Apple Head
Great advice, but as long as Falco can recover onto the stage against Peach he has a good chance of doing so. If he can be just edge hogged he's doomed.

Honestly, you have to be a fairly amazing Falco to deal with Peach. Even poopy Peaches can beat okay Falcos if they're not familiar with the matchup.

If you don't miss L cancels and time dairs close to the ground you have a very very minimal chance of getting shield grabbed. And most bad Falcos jump out of their shine without thinking too much as to where the Peach may DI after getting shined, and their combos just stop. You have to space out your double jump to actually dair/uair/whatever her most of the time.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
what about recovering if you're really good at edgeteching eh? that can throw a peach player off if you edgetech her dsmash then sweetspot a firebird or phantasm behind her.

Brookman

Smash Hero
what about recovering if you're really good at edgeteching eh? that can throw a peach player off if you edgetech her dsmash then sweetspot a firebird or phantasm behind her.
teching her downsmash is simple, and a good peach won't try doing it more than once if you tech it. It's also possible to time the downsmash so that the first hit knocks you into the stage and the last hit hits you again, though this could be a result of the fox/falco being too high to really sweet spot. I'm not sure

Cort

Apple Head
If you edge tech to instant illusion Peach can smarten up and charge her dsmash and let go as soon as you approach the ledge, so as soon as you tech you just get nailed again. I've seen this happen a bunch of times, and it works with many characters.

It'd probably be better to wall jump tech and illusion through her or sweetspot the ledge with up b.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah, I was hoping that some one would work on a full match -up thing. Oh, and lol at saying to play ganon or marth. I main ganon, and I get absolutely wrecked by peach. the neutral airs cut through most of my air game.

I just have to be more patient I guess and get peach to make more mistakes.

Brookman

Smash Hero
yeah, I was hoping that some one would work on a full match -up thing. Oh, and lol at saying to play ganon or marth. I main ganon, and I get absolutely wrecked by peach. the neutral airs cut through most of my air game.

I just have to be more patient I guess and get peach to make more mistakes.
No, actually, all you have to do is space fairs and then L-cancel and tap a or forward tilt. Ganon is the only man in the universe that peach doesn't enjoy ;-)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I totally agree. Fox and Falco are dead even. And Sheik and Falco are dead even.
Better matches to watch of Fox vs Falco would be Bombsoldier vs Jing, they are pretty much experts with their characters and **** eachother evenly. Watch that instead of PC vs M2K, PC knows how to fight Fox, on the other hand M2K is not to good at fighting Falco.
Bombsoldier vs Jing are good videos to watch for FD and dreamland although they are a bit old they give you a small idea of what foxes normally do or should do vs falco, however they dont go to the smaller stages that fox players can sometimes mess falco up on.

The KDJ vs pc matches are good too i think, the more recent ones although they too are mostly on fd there are one or two on fountain and pokemon

Razed

Smash Ace
heheh, wow, I was like "hmm i needa find a guide for falco's matchups"... The first thing I see when I clicked on the Character Specific was this xD! Pleaseeee add peach soon! I'm playing one soon =p

Great guide I love it

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
heheh, wow, I was like "hmm i needa find a guide for falco's matchups"... The first thing I see when I clicked on the Character Specific was this xD! Pleaseeee add peach soon! I'm playing one soon =p

Great guide I love it

How soon do you need Peach?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
lol. 'combo perfectly don't miss lcancels don't get shield grabbed.'

i think if i do one maybe it sohuld be a little more detailed than that?

oh welll.

PudgeSX

Smash Cadet
dont forget when edgeguarding a marth, aside from the usual dair, dmash, and firestall edgeguard, you can use the light shield guard.

where when a marth is recovering and you expect him to sweetspot the edge with his up b, you can go to the edge, roll toward it, gently hold L/R for light shield and direct it down and towards the edge, if the marth hits you through the stage youll fall back and hold on the the ledge causing such a DIRTY edgehog... i love doing that lol youll make them fear that **** bubble of yours

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
on the captain falcon- laser laser laser Dair his recovery... as long as u dont let the captain get any momentum u shouldnt have any trouble capt. falcon's strength lies in knee'ing u out of everything: raptor boosts, upsmashes, stomps, u throws (at higher percents) so really just avoid gettin hit and combo the **** out of him

thats the only matchup i know anything about i was wonderin how should u play grab happy marths on stages with gay platforms that give him magical tippers? i swear the only way marths kill me is with really gay tippers.

also brookman how should i play peach if i dont have godly technical skills? the only thing i can do out of all the things u said is spam lasers...

this thread is good but like someone said u should go more into details on the matchups, like wat to do in certain cases example dash attack happy shiek ( shiz once told me to block and jump out of shield and do a shine to Bair) or tech chase happy shieks etc etc..

also u might want to add like wat stages are good vs certain characters and wat stages to avoid against certain characters ( like watch out for chaingrabbers on FD and dont play dreamland against peach) well that was my 2 cents ill try to watch this thread and give tips here and there...

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
bumping because i've seen like 5 'what do i do against marth' threads come up.

sorry this hasn't been updated in a while.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
you have to outmaneuver and outspam peach and keep her above you in the air and also using lots of grabs helps

peach is one of my better match ups as falco ._.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
take out the chris vs friend video. its not a very good example of how to fight marths in general.

edit:

heres some advice:
-dont roll so much
-use ledge hop double laser. it owns marth.
-always jc your shines
-learn better combos, you couldve milked more damage out
-you should put this in the guide if it isnt already, but use the light shield edgeguarding trick against marths. if you dont know what it is, watch the forward vs ken video. it owns marth.
-youll learn from experience, but you need to space yourself better. even though you destroyed the marth lol.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Thanks for the tips. I'll take it off soon. I have a 5 page paper due in 3 hours and i'm only on page two. Tomorrow, when i get home from school, i'll finish the marth, update shiek, add to fox, and write a falco matchup. just to give the guide a nice little update :)

after that i think i'll start adding characters by order in tier list. so i think that means Peach is next? i haven't memorized it but i think she's 5th.

*This is my 100th post* sorry bwill for not putting it on your thread!!!!!!! :-D

eidt/ now i'm a journeyman!

mathos

Smash Champion
Rofl

Drephen vs. Dope is the guide for what to do about Sheik. Drephen doesn't know how to play a typical sheik much less takes 1 match from Dope.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
about edgeguarding Marth : I always find it useful when I knock Marth away to go ahead and do that trick where you roll to the ledge, back facing edge, lightshield, hold it towards the stage, cause when he tries to up B sweetspot you auto-grab the ledge and edgehog him when his up b hits your shield. Marth's really hate that. Anyways, I usually do that if I know he has to use his up B. cause even if he makes me grab the ledge he will still land on the stage, so you can smack him from his lag. That's my Marth tip for everyone really but I do it as Falco a lot.

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
LOL! How many times are people going to bring up the lightshielding trick? It isn't even falco specific and doesn't everyone already know about it anyhow?

Thanks much for writing in these character match-ups, man. I've been a falco nut for a long time, but it's still nice to see all of his matches compiled in one place. I would just re-emphasize the point made a few times about fox and how he tries to pressure the **** out of falco. If you can tell fox to GTFO just a couple of times by breaking his offense (shine him on missed L-cancels, DI up out of throws or utilts into shine or dair, things like that) all he has left is shffl nairs to shine/grab + uair to come at you with and the match gets quite simple. I recognize that I'm not a well-known or reputable smasher so I'll decline to give more specific input than that. Keep up the good work, though!

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
Rofl

Drephen vs. Dope is the guide for what to do about Sheik. Drephen doesn't know how to play a typical sheik much less takes 1 match from Dope.
they might not be typical but they are regarded as some of the best and their matches are pretty nice.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Almost everything was updated! I added/changed something here and there everywhere. I added colors, an update list, a FALCO MATCHUP! (which isn't really complete yet but good for now), as well as NEW VIDEOS for almost all the characters. it just overall looks nicer now. hope you guys like it!!!

PS: I added that the match-up's will most likely be in order of the tier list from this point on unless i receive a specific request for one of the lower characters.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
This thread looks like its coming out pretty good. Good stuff GameGuitarist :chuckle:.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
keep up the good **** GG. let us know wat the next matchup ur workin on is and we'll be sure to give u alot of help :)

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, this is definitely sticky worthy now. This thread is turning out very nice. As soon as I sort out the previous stickies (I'm trying to eliminate one or two if possible), I'll sticky it. Good work gamer.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
these aren't taken from Born's guide. i got a few tips off his guide for marth, peach, and falco, but sheik i wrote by myself, wesley wrote fox, 99% of peach was by superrvan, and

and i got those tips with permission from him :)

edit: excuse me lol, i misread your post. i thought you said 'aren't these matchups FROM BF's guide, like if i copied them rofl. but yes, his guide does have falco, fox, jiggs, bowser, marth, and peach. i plan on taking this one to eventually having every character. :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
haha dudes. i'm so sorry. i've been really busy because we moved into a new house so i had no internet for a while, then the day after we got internet i came to phoenix. i'm heading back to where i live on sunday and i promise i'll add C Falcon when i get back and start updating again haha. later dudes.

i'll work on samus too for you cyber, does anyone have tips for her?

Top Bottom