• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Frame / Hitbox Data Directory

Idk I just thought this would be a nice thing to have.

Links to threads compiling hitbox data for different characters

:4charizard: Charizard's Frame Data [1.0.4] by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

:4darkpit: Dark Pit Frame Data (WIP) by @ Furret Furret

:4dk: DK Frame Data - Smash 4 Edition by @Big O

:4drmario: Prescription Papers: Doc's Moveset Data WIP by @Macchiato

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt Frame Data by @Spirst

:4falco: I'll Take The Sky Any Day: Falco Moveset Data by @ Ffamran Ffamran

:4fox: Lylat Datalink - Fox Guide and Information Thread by @Zelkam

:4ganondorf: Ganon Frame Data - Smash 4 Edition by @Big O

:4greninja: 6IV Hasty- Greninja Frame Data (WIP) by @ Lavani Lavani

:4littlemac: "Show'em Whatcha Got, Baby" - Little Mac Moveset Thread - WIP by @Son-in-Law

:4lucario: Lucario's Technical Data: Frame Data, Attributes, and More! [WIP] by @Jaxas

:4lucina: [1.0.4] Lucina's Frame Data by @ Locuan Locuan

:4luigi: Professor E. Gadd's Research Papers : Frame Data by @ Furret Furret

:4marth: [1.0.4] Marth's Frame Data by @ Locuan Locuan

:4megaman: Mega Man Hitbox Data by @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

:4gaw: Mr Frame&Data- Frame Data Information + KO% by @lllp3lll

:4palutena: "I will quickscope you." - Palutena's Frame Data & Hitboxes by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

:4pikachu: Pikachu Moveset Data (WIP) by @Pikabunz

:4pit: Flying instruction manual: Frame Data by @ Furret Furret

:4robinm: Raziek's Robin Research Room and Repository by @Raziek

:4sheik: Sheik Frame Data [1.0.4] by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

:4shulk: Shulk Hitbox Data by @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

:4sonic: Moveset Thread - WIP by @Sonic Orochi

:4villagerf: Blathers' Blathers: Villager Hitbox Data + Other Research by @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

:4wiifit: Human Anatomy: Wii Fit Trainer Hitbox Data by @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

:4yoshi: Yoshi Frame and Misc. Data Thread (WIP) by @ Yikarur Yikarur

:4zelda: The Great Fairy Fountain II by @BJN39

:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4dedede::4diddy::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4peach::4rob::rosalina::4samus::4tlink::4wario::4zss:

If you're interested in compiling frame data feel free to message anybody in the Character Data Research thread

Also, check out these links:

http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/ (your sparknotes)

http://smashboards.com/threads/character-data-research-thread.378874/ (your lecture)

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/mastercore2/index.php (your textbook)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
probably should have included a list of characters who haven't had a thread mentioned here. so people can update if they create one or if we find one (also Alphabetical list thank you)
If I start any new threads I guess I'll inform you on it as well (and If anyone asks me or you to make a thread on Olimar frame data I call not it)

Last edited:
probably should have included a list of characters who haven't had a thread mentioned here. so people can update if they create one or if we find one (also Alphabetical list thank you)
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4gaw::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4mario::4metaknight::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4peach::4rob::rosalina::4samus::4tlink::4wario::4wiifit::4zss:
If I start any new threads I guess I'll inform you on it as well (and If anyone asks me or you to make a thread on Olimar frame data I call not it)
I got that wii fit on lock yo

I'll add this to the OP though

ayyy I didn't bother looking past page 1 thanks for the heads up

Yikarur

Smash Master
You should probably call this thread more like "Charakter Frame Data Directory"
It's more accurate and people know what's inside. I was confused reading "Hitbox Data" and wasn't sure what I have to expect inside the link :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Some of them have really basic frame data like ZSS and Captain Falcon.

Also, @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans , that avatar you have now made me think you were locuan128. :p

You should probably call this thread more like "Charakter Frame Data Directory"
It's more accurate and people know what's inside. I was confused reading "Hitbox Data" and wasn't sure what I have to expect inside the link :p
Hitbox/Frame data? I think I'll do that :4dedede:

Some of them have really basic frame data like ZSS and Captain Falcon.

Also, @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans , that avatar you have now made me think you were locuan128. :p
Great idea @ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans . This will definitely will be useful for a lot of people.

*looks at Indigo's avatar* Wait what?
tricked :^) also Ill add those two in once I get back home

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
the Pits have a general tech video stickied and not my super cool table filled frame data. I'm like salty about it for no reason, but then again I'm salty about everything
Ever asked the mod?

Edit: Derp. Wrong thread to ask that in.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Like three people have done Rosalina and Luma's frame/hitbox data so to be honest I am not sure what to do
*Cough* oh excuse me,
anyways I'd recommend you find the most complete one and if any are at similar levels of complete choose the one made first

Added your Dark Pit thread to the OP

man and here I was thinking that nobody cared about dark pit

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Like three people have done Rosalina and Luma's frame/hitbox data so to be honest I am not sure what to do
Really? Why? Did nobody get a memo of, "Hey, I'm doing Rosalina's frame data, so don't worry."

Heh, Lavani started Rosalina's frame data, then the next day icraq started it too without knowing this. Then somewhere in all of this confusion DanGR made a sheet himself too

What can I say, Rosalina is a popular gal ;^)

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Added your Dark Pit thread to the OP

man and here I was thinking that nobody cared about dark pit
nah, dark pit just took a total to of 10-15 minutes to get his moves adjusted (I even double checked each single move) from Pit's there is only one difference all the way between jab1 and get up attack from the ledge. All the actual differences are in specials. If only every character was so easy to make new Frame data threads for
Heh, started Rosalina's frame data, then the next day icraq started it too without knowing this. Then somewhere in all of this confusion DanGR made a sheet himself too

What can I say, Rosalina is a popular gal ;^)
(insert inappropriate comment about Rosalina's profession here)
Really? Why? Did nobody get a memo of, "Hey, I'm doing Rosalina's frame data, so don't worry."
this is why Frame data should be a sticky in every character board

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As a Falco mod, I get to sticky threads in the Falco boards. I DECIDE YOUR FATES! :p

From what I remember, the Ganondorf boards don't have Big O's thread stickied, but I believed it's talked about from time to time, so that all right.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So much data is missing/buried.

://///////////////////////////////////////

Yall people who collect and do this all for free need to WORK HARDER *cracks whip*

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
this might be a dumb question, but i've glanced through a couple of the character-specific frame data threads at random and i've seen a variety of information like hitbox active frames, IASA keyframes, and autocancel windows or autocancel-after keyframes, but i haven't seen any lists that give the total animation length? curious if that's just information that we don't know how to get yet?

edit: nvm http://smashboards.com/threads/dk-frame-data-smash-4-edition.381083/ has total frames listed, so it's just not common

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
this might be a dumb question, but i've glanced through a couple of the character-specific frame data threads at random and i've seen a variety of information like hitbox active frames, IASA keyframes, and autocancel windows or autocancel-after keyframes, but i haven't seen any lists that give the total animation length? curious if that's just information that we don't know how to get yet?

edit: nvm http://smashboards.com/threads/dk-frame-data-smash-4-edition.381083/ has total frames listed, so it's just not common
It's not accessible through datamining so we have to get it by going frame by frame and seeing when the move ends manually. If a source has it it's because they took the time to do that.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
From what I keep hearing, Brawl's frame data came with animation frames in its move data, but that's not present in this game's code. And Melee was even better since the debug mode was still accessible in the released version of the game.

Getting total animation frames sounds like an easy task, but every method I can think of would allow for human error. There's also the misconception involving how we use shields to note FAF frames. The frame that the shield visibly appears (frame 2) is not the same as the frame that the Shield activates (Frame 1). And I imagine people have a lot of numbers off by one from that discrepancy alone.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
From what I keep hearing, Brawl's frame data came with animation frames in its move data, but that's not present in this game's code. And Melee was even better since the debug mode was still accessible in the released version of the game.

Getting total animation frames sounds like an easy task, but every method I can think of would allow for human error. There's also the misconception involving how we use shields to note FAF frames. The frame that the shield visibly appears (frame 2) is not the same as the frame that the Shield activates (Frame 1). And I imagine people have a lot of numbers off by one from that discrepancy alone.
All of my data has this accounted for. There's still a visible shielding animation that plays even though the shield itself doesn't appear until frame 2.

Also this topic needs updating.

Try this: http://smashboards.com/guides/authors/aerodrome.143799/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ledge drop takes just one frame, iirc. If you mean the minimum time you are forced to stay on the ledge, I'm pretty sure it's 20 frames.

Mai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Corisette
Boy. this will be a ton to memorize with the plethora of mains i have. it will take time but it will be worth it. Improving takes time and wont happen over night. thanks for this post

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I wish someone would work on C. Falcon and Mario already. :(

Top Bottom