• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's from Nintendo themselves, though since Reggie was still working for them at that time.
And is referenced in Smash by Sakurai. Point stands.

Those were just pictures and he usually posts those on his Twitter account if I'm not mistaken.

In this case, it's about trailers. When it come to character trailers, they always make references to the series that they're from. They can reference Doom Slayer's love for his pet rabbit but Pikachu and Pichu fit that much better due to their looks and roles in their series while Daisy has the name reference. Isabelle lives a lifestyle like a regular human in her series, so her being referenced as a cute pet is just really awkward to me. There's just no real connection there compared to other characters.
That doesn't really make a difference here. Smash has memes referenced. it's just part of what it is. One thing being a meme will not change it possibly being referenced.

They're popular together for actual reasons that aren't a meme. I already explained that. Daisy isn't an animal or a cute fuzzy fur creature. There's no reason for them to bother with her. It'd be actual animal creatures, humanoid or not, that make sense for Doomslayer to actually get along with. Isabelle is also a major popular character and has yet to be in a trailer, and it makes a lot of sense for them to use her in it, as the characters are, again, very popular together. That's what actually matters for trailers, having fun. Not extreme stretches like just having the "name" of the character(he wouldn't even known who Daisy is. They have zero potential connections in that regard). Who said anything about Isabelle being referenced as a cute pet? You're the only one making it sound like that. It's him seeing people in trouble, who are all cute and fuzzy, something he'd definitely protect as part of his character. That's actually what people are talking about as an idea for the trailer. At the end seeing Isabelle and Doomslayer get along and give a high five is just a fun thing to do anyway. And more the one little thing I personally want to see. Cause I actually like seeing them together. It's cute and fits them both extremely well. I mean, if they really want to add bonus points, they could throw Bunny Ears on Pikachu, PIchu, and Isabelle. But really, there's no rabbits in Smash anyway(only a Mii costume), so... it's not like that would work as a straight reference either way.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
And is referenced in Smash by Sakurai. Point stands.
But it's by Nintendo, so that's a different story.

That doesn't really make a difference here. Smash has memes referenced. it's just part of what it is. One thing being a meme will not change it possibly being referenced.

They're popular together for actual reasons that aren't a meme. I already explained that. Daisy isn't an animal or a cute fuzzy fur creature. There's no reason for them to bother with her. It'd be actual animal creatures, humanoid or not, that make sense for Doomslayer to actually get along with. Isabelle is also a major popular character and has yet to be in a trailer, and it makes a lot of sense for them to use her in it, as the characters are, again, very popular together. That's what actually matters for trailers, having fun. Not extreme stretches like just having the "name" of the character(he wouldn't even known who Daisy is. They have zero potential connections in that regard). Who said anything about Isabelle being referenced as a cute pet? You're the only one making it sound like that. It's him seeing people in trouble, who are all cute and fuzzy, something he'd definitely protect as part of his character. That's actually what people are talking about as an idea for the trailer. At the end seeing Isabelle and Doomslayer get along and give a high five is just a fun thing to do anyway. And more the one little thing I personally want to see. Cause I actually like seeing them together. It's cute and fits them both extremely well. I mean, if they really want to add bonus points, they could throw Bunny Ears on Pikachu, PIchu, and Isabelle. But really, there's no rabbits in Smash anyway(only a Mii costume), so... it's not like that would work as a straight reference either way.
It would, though. Like I said, you put the bunny hat on Daisy herself with Doom Slayer standing next to her, people would get the reference immediately. It really doesn't matter if Daisy is not a cute animal or that he would know her name. It's a reference that fans of the series would be able to pick up on. Anybody would be like "Daisy...and she's wearing a rabbit hat? Oh! I get it! It's a reference to his pet rabbit whose name was Daisy." Clever references like that.

Seeing Doomslayer interacting with any of the characters would be a fun thing to do. But if we're talking references, Pikachu and Pichu would fit that better than Isabelle. As we know, Pikachu is also a popular character so seeing him with Doom Slayer would be fun too. But even then, it doesn't have to be big reference. It would be brief one shown either in the middle of the trailer or near the end of it.

If it's something you just want to personally see, then that's different. Doomslayer being in the game would mean he would inevitably appear with Isabelle anyway and I'm sure Sakurai would pics to point out how both of their games came out at the same time (which is how the meme started in the first place).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't recall any memes being referenced in Smash.

I think other characters would fit that better than Isabelle. There's characters like Pikachu and Pichu (both could fit the cute pet-type) and then there's another character who just happens to be named Daisy. Put the bunny hat on her and people familiar with Doom would get the reference very easily.
Smash does have **** like say, Steve's meat taunt which is a meme in Japan, the Xeno characters each have a meme in their taunts, Smash 4 had a Metroid Crawl meme, etc.

That's fair but there's really no harm in also using Isabelle alongside other cutesy characters who fits aesthetically better than Daisy would as the joke, though I agree a gameplay segment would need a mini Bunny Hood Daisy run to Slayer while he crouches at her

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
people peole might i suggest agreeing to disagree. come now let us move this discussion along. have we covered stage ideas yet?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Since DOOM and Wolfenstein are basically the grandfathers of the FPS genre, do you think there is a good way to implement elements of that style in either Doomguy’s moveset or stage? The closest we really have is some Final Smash attacks and a few of Duck Hunt’s moves. I’m not really sure what the best way to go about that is.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’d love Doomguy. Given his history with Nintendo and the rather colorful and cartoony nature from his games (more specifically the old ones) I think he’d fit well. I also believe they can give proper representation to Doom even with no gore or pentagrams. A stage based on areas like these should work just fine:

11CA1FB1-5BE6-4A96-8B11-F4227CC08C4C.jpeg

593E2AE7-A9D5-4B1F-BA4D-DAA01F542363.jpeg

FF93174D-4C68-4076-913F-9065A42C89C6.jpeg
BC59D3F6-65C5-477C-8130-03C6D62E4283.png

It’s true that Doomguy is one hell of a beast (no pun intended), but I’m pretty sure that Sakurai is definitely able to safely tone him down without it feeling too forced and create a pretty unique moveset based on his inventory of really heavy weaponry. Besides since the use of real guns seems to be less and less of a problem with Nintendo lately when it comes to Smash, I don’t think Sakurai would shy away from the non-lazer weapons like the pistol, the super shotgun or the machine gun. Maybe the chainsaw can be used for his forward Smash move.

As for his design, I’m afraid I happen to be one of the few guys who hates the armor design from the new games and much prefers the og one as the default. I mean if not for the amiibo I wouldn’t really mind having the classic one as only a few alts.

1631026292813.jpeg

I think he's got more history on Nintendo than any other character in the genre.
I’d say both Doomguy and Duke Nukem take the cake, but yeah between the two I guess Doomguy would probably take the nº1 spot on that.

Since DOOM and Wolfenstein are basically the grandfathers of the FPS genre, do you think there is a good way to implement elements of that style in either Doomguy’s moveset or stage? The closest we really have is some Final Smash attacks and a few of Duck Hunt’s moves. I’m not really sure what the best way to go about that is.
Maybe a Spirit of BJ Blazkowicz. I don’t see much else they can go with. For moveset I think it’d be more fitting if they were to give a gun from Quake to Doomguy, since Doom and Quake have more similar themes, and Doomguy was playable in Quake III.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d love Doomguy. Given his history with Nintendo and the rather colorful and cartoony nature from his games (more specifically the old ones) I think he’d fit well. I also believe they can give proper representation to Doom even with no gore or pentagrams. A stage based on areas like these should work just fine:

It’s true that Doomguy is one hell of a beast (no pun intended), but I’m pretty sure that Sakurai is definitely able to safely tone him down without it feeling too forced and create a pretty unique moveset based on his inventory of really heavy weaponry. Besides since the use of real guns seems to be less and less of a problem with Nintendo lately when it comes to Smash, I don’t think Sakurai would shy away from the non-lazer weapons like the pistol, the super shotgun or the machine gun. Maybe the chainsaw can be used for his forward Smash move.

As for his design, I’m afraid I happen to be one of the few guys who hates the armor design from the new games and much prefers the og one as the default. I mean if not for the amiibo I wouldn’t really mind having the classic one as only a few alts.

View attachment 329538

I’d say both Doomguy and Duke Nukem take the cake, but yeah between the two I guess Doomguy would probably take the nº1 spot on that.

Maybe a Spirit of BJ Blazkowicz. I don’t see much else they can go with. For moveset I think it’d be more fitting if they were to give a gun from Quake to Doomguy, since Doom and Quake have more similar themes, and Doomguy was playable in Quake III.
Oh I didn’t really mean to use elements from other games, just the gameplay style of FPS games in general. An example is Snake’s Final Smash where he targets opponents with a crosshair to fire grenades. Something along those lines might make for a fun Final Smash at least but I’m not sure if we could do more with that concept.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Oh I didn’t really mean to use elements from other games, just the gameplay style of FPS games in general. An example is Snake’s Final Smash where he targets opponents with a crosshair to fire grenades. Something along those lines might make for a fun Final Smash at least but I’m not sure if we could do more with that concept.
Oh I see. Well maybe his FS could be cinematic and have a First Person perspective (maybe the UI from the original games as well to really capture that retro FPS vibe) with Doomguy shooting the BFG at the opponent.

However if you wanna expand on that old school FPS feel, since one of the most memorable things about those games are the unforgettable secret areas, what if Doom’s stage had that element? Like it had to be a big stage of course, but then you’d have walls where if you hit them they lead you to a place with random Smash Brothers collectables and once you get there you’d have a message saying “secret area found”? Idk that’s the best I could come up with. I think it would certainly help capture the feel of a classic fps game, and it would also bring some uniqueness to Doom’s stage, which is definitely a good thing since Sakurai said that’s one of the things he looks most forward to when choosing DLC characters.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Oh I see. Well maybe his FS could be cinematic and have a First Person perspective (maybe the UI from the original games as well to really capture that retro FPS vibe) with Doomguy shooting the BFG at the opponent.

However if you wanna expand on that old school FPS feel, since one of the most memorable things about those games are the unforgettable secret areas, what if Doom’s stage had that element? Like it had to be a big stage of course, but then you’d have walls where if you kick them they lead you to a place with random Smash Brothers collectables and once you get there you’d have a message saying “secret area found”? Idk that’s the best I could come up with. I think it would certainly help capture the feel of a classic fps game, and it would help bringing some uniqueness to the stage since Sakurai said that’s one of the things he looks most forward to when choosing DLC characters.
Yeah, that sound like a fun idea. Maybe there could be some stage specific items like some of the more over the top guns from DOOM the characters could use if they made it to the secret area.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Yeah, that sound like a fun idea. Maybe there could be some stage specific items like some of the more over the top guns from DOOM the characters could use if they made it to the secret area.
Now that’d be awesome. Man, if only DLC characters came with items. I could also see the soulsphere being used to restore 100 hp to the player.

1631032039350.gif

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now that’d be awesome. Man, if only DLC characters came with items. I could also see the soulsphere being used to restore 100 hp to the player.

View attachment 329544
So, a Maxim Tomato reskin? Personally, I'd go with the Doom Powerups like Quad Damage and the super speed stuff

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
So, a Maxim Tomato reskin? Personally, I'd go with the Doom Powerups like Quad Damage and the super speed stuff
Pretty much but it’d be exclusive to the Doom stage, specifically its hypothetical secret areas that we were talking about. Of course there’s a lot you can expand on. Maybe even have the health bonus potions, even if they’d pretty much be just a reskin from the food items in Smash.
1631033528713.png

But I guess if you want something a little more unique, those you just mentioned are good options too, of course you should however bear in mind of how insufferable Sonic and Captain Falcon would be with the super speed powerup.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
people peole might i suggest agreeing to disagree. come now let us move this discussion along. have we covered stage ideas yet?
I picked Mars from the 2016 Doom game since it doesn't have religious references or grotesque features. Plus, I'm not mistaken, some parts of that stage can be used platforms too.

What do you all think would be Doomguy's reveal trailer?

I've shared this a few times in other threads but I got the idea of his trailer being a sequel to Hero's. When it starts out, you see the 4 heroes exhausted and still surrounded by the possessed Smashers. Suddenly you see people being taken out within the crowd. Some are thrown into the air, you hear shotgun blasts going off, and yet you don't clearly see who is doing the rampaging. Then, the newcomer goes on a cliff, jumps down, and lands on top of one of the possessed characters. The camera shows the guy's feet and then it tilts up while he is switching out to a different gun to reveal who it is.

"The Doom Marine rips and tears!"
while At Doom's Gate plays
That's kind of similar to my idea for his reveal trailer. The only differences is that my idea had Fox, Falco, and Samus fighting against either one enemy like Ridley or a group of enemies like the possessed Smash characters.

Then it switches to a first-person perspective with somebody shooting at the enemies a little while, switching between the regular gun and super shotgun.

Afterwards, the three look at the person to see who it is. The camera shows the guy's boots and then raises up to reveal who he is.

"Doomguy/Doom Slayer rips and tears!
while At Doom's Gate plays

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Well, I think I'm gonna call the day over by now. Lotta new faces around here. Welcome!

Schnee117 Schnee117 x15 (20 Total)
DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 x10 (15 Total)
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth x15 (20 Total)
GolisoPower GolisoPower x20 (25 Total)
amageish amageish x5 (10 Total)
Megadoomer Megadoomer x15 (20 Total)
Gengar84 Gengar84 x10 (15 Total)
Wonder Smash Wonder Smash x15 (20 Total)
Baba Baba x5 (10 Total)
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen x15 (20 Total)
AmphabulouSnake AmphabulouSnake x5 (10 Total)
L Lionfranky x5 (10 Total)
fogbadge fogbadge x5 (10 Total)
Mr. Stevenson Mr. Stevenson x20 (25 Total)
JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 x10 (15 Total)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh **** it's Himbo Time

Ichiban Kasuga is the star of Yakuza: Like A Dragon, the latest game in the series and it sees a sizable shake up from the Kiryu saga, most notably the gameplay switching from a 3d brawler to a full fledged JRPG. Ichiban is an extremely lovable dumbass with a heart of gold and an immense love for Dragon Quest, hence why Like a Dragon plays like a JRPG, Ichiban envisions his fights as JRPG battles.

So how would he fight exactly? Well whilst he's a very competent brawler, he's better known for using a Baseball Bat, or the Legendary Hero's Sword because he quite literally pulled a random bat from a "Sword in the Stone Excalibur" type deal so he's the chosen hero. With it he's able to use wide sweeping attacks as well as apply buffs and minor healing. One of the core traits of the Hero class is that certain attacks deal heavier damage the more damage Ichiban has sustained and this could be reflected in a Special attack. The Freelancer job would also inform other aspects of his moveset, namely the grabs which entail a German Suplex and a headlock among others as well as a dash attack which would be a dropkick.

Ichiban's buffs entail boosting attack and evasion but the biggest one is a buff that blocks one potential deadly attack.

Other skills Ichiban can get independent from his jobs are the ability to attack with stacks of money and call in an Orbital Laser strike. There's also a summon system known as Poundmates where you're able to summon various characters you meet on Ichiban's journey including a Crawfish, a Chicken and even a town mascot.

There are also extreme skills often called "Essence of XYZ" which transports the character and the foes to a new area in which the attack is carried out. This would inform Ichiban's final smash and in particular it would be the Tag Team: Essence of Mayhem in which Ichiban and his party members all attack the foe in a sequenced attack. This would be randomised party members though if they had to stick to a set three characters it would be Nanba, Adachi and Saeko, the first three party members you're introduced to.

In short, Ichiban is all about battering his foes with his Legendary Bat, applying buffs and using his skills to deal heavy damage in wide areas and score his KOs. He's an average guy so he wouldn't be too remarkable in terms of weight, speed or jumping but he's a Legendary Hero so maybe he'd be slightly above average, a Smash fight would be another one of his wild JRPG fantasies after all. He certainly isn't actually calling in actual Orbital Laser strikes on random thugs in the sewer after all.

Yakuza: Like A Dragon is a phenomenal game with a lot of fun side content, a very well written story and a fantastic cast of characters with a banging soundtrack. It also features one of my favourite voice acting performances ever in Kaiji Tang playing Ichiban in the English Dub. If you have a PC, Xbox or Playstation then Like A Dragon is a must play, and don't be intimidated by it being the eighth mainline Yakuza title, this is a soft reboot that's largely independent of the Kiryu saga.

Noms:
All in on God Eater

osby

Smash Obsessed
I take it that Ichiban's delusions mean that he can potentially have goofier stuff than Kiryu when it comes to his moves?
Yes but also not necessarily?

There is a lot of anime JRPG bull**** he does that makes no sense in reality but I also imagine Kiryu would doing similar stuff like pulling bicycles out of nowhere so the big difference would be his animations, involving magic effects and such.

If they give him his different class abilities and summons, then yeah, some of them are downright cartoonish.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Oh hey! Hey! Ichiban actually made it! Thanks for tagging me!

So, I've made a whole thread about Ichiban! It has some appropriately-tagged spoilers so tread carefully but if you're at all interested in the character we'd LOVE to have you there!

So, the reason I want Ichiban in Smash is because Yakuza Like A Dragon is one of if not THE best RPG I've ever ever played. It's one of my games of the year this year hands-down, with only No More Heroes 3 and The Great Ace Attorney 2 nipping at its heels. Ichiban himself is a truly wonderful character, a beautiful mix of hot-headed impulsiveness and a childlike wonder and naive sense of justice - he just wants to be a hero despite losing 18 years of his life due to serving in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He commits to everything he tries and succeeds with the help of his friends. He's selfless, kind, funny, a bit dumb, and a bit angry, but has so much love and good in his heart.

Did I mention he absolutely loves Dragon Quest and that his current goal in life is to be a Hero just like in those games? Tell me you don't want to see him interact with the Heroes he grew up idolizing!

YLAD has one of the best dubs I've ever heard and it helps tell a strong, meaningful, layered story I adore. Combine that with a fun, fun battle system that combines turn-based combat with environmental damage as well as a killer soundtrack and you have a classic. Humor, heart, and super intense subjects all wrapped into one.

My concept for his moveset, well, I'll crosspost some stuff!

Playstyle overview & gimmicks: When putting together Ichi's concept I wanted to focus on two things that make him him, which are his friends and party members, and his hot-headed nature. Appropriately his moveset should have him teaming up with his friends as well as focus heavily on strong pressure and throwing your all into potentially very risky attacks.

Ichiban has an MP meter that is depleted when he uses his specials but is increased when he uses his normals. His normals are all strong moves using his bat, which is his primary method of offense. On top of that, his other big gimmick is his down-special, which allows him to burn a large chunk of MP to cast a buff on himself, a buff that changes all of his specials so they involve his main party members. I'll repost the handy infographic I made!

1631290922935.png

The idea behind Ichiban's moveset is the utilization of pressure and strategy that is key to every Yakuza game, but it also incorporates extremely unique things for Ichi himself as he is from a party-based RPG. With the help of his friends and smart MP balance, Ichi can trap the opponent and unleash devastating blows.

Normals: As mentioned, his normals are all bat moves, but his throws are all based upon his moves as seen in his Freelancer class. He knows wrestling moves, so expect to see him bust out a suplex and toss a guy to the ground in between bat pummels. All of his normals are chargeable, leading to some potentially devastating bat attacks that have a high MP reward but slow startup, so they can be risky.

---

If you want more ideas on his alts and additional pieces of his moveset, check out this post I made for Speed Weed's Sega Smash project!

---

And I know how much y'all love music! I won't post my whole tracklist from the support thread, but check these out:

Yokohama Battle Theme
Geomijul Encounter
Liumang Battle Theme
Substory Battle Theme

And these aren't even my favorites! My favorite ones are rather spoilery in their YouTube titles so I don't want to post them but they're there in the thread if you want to join us.

Ichiban is a wonderful character and part of an absolutely amazing game! I hope I can get you all to love him as much as I do!

1631291121452.png

GolisoPower

Smash Master
What specific part of Tokyo would Ichiban come with as a stage? I mean, considering how big the city is, it makes you wonder which one they'd settle with.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What specific part of Tokyo would Ichiban come with as a stage? I mean, considering how big the city is, it makes you wonder which one they'd settle with.
Ijincho, Yokohama is the main setting of Yakuza 7
You could opt for a travelling stage that goes around the area from the homeless camp to the waterfront to the Liumang HQ to the Seiryu Clan's HQ to Isezaki Road to Koreatown and Geomijul HQ. This would cover several key areas of the game and each area would have it's own set of cameos like Dragon Karts at the Waterfront with Dragon Fighter in the background whilst Seong-Hui shows up in the Koreatown area. You could also have the various enemy types show up like Chomp-and-Chargers and Cutpurses near the Liumang HQ or Burnout Bullies and Battle Bums by the Homeless Camp

Flyboy

Smash Hero
A traveling Ijincho stage makes a lot of sense for Ichiban specifically, allowing for tons of cameos and a cool way to explore the vastness of the city in the game. One really cool idea I once heard is that the Omega form of the stage is totally different, being the roof of the Millennium Tower, a recurring location in all the games.

i thought the games were always set in the same place?
They are not! Yes, Kamurocho is the most recurring location, but there are often other cities present in the series as mainstays, such as Sotenbori or the setting of YLAD, Yokohama.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They are not! Yes, Kamurocho is the most recurring location, but there are often other cities present in the series as mainstays, such as Sotenbori or the setting of YLAD, Yokohama.
well then I misunderstood the videos I’ve seen about them

amageish

Smash Master
Whoops! I missed a notification once and therefore fell behind... Lemme catch up. Oh, but first, work before pleasure...

75+ noms
Velvet Crowe - x110
Tsubasa Oribe - x105
Octoling - x97
Rintarou Okabe - x95
Brian - x95
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Toad - x85
Black Mage - x85
Alm - x80

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Ryu Hayabusa - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Ori - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Heavy - x60
Goomba/Goombella - x55

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Vectorman - x45
Carmen Sandiego - x45
Crypto - x45
2B - x40
God Eater Rep - x35
Jonesy - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
FEH Summoner - x10
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Scizor - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

Anyway, I've seen people invoke Ichiban's delusions before... How do you think that would impact his reveal trailer? Is he really getting into Smash, or is it all in his head?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Whoops! I missed a notification once and therefore fell behind... Lemme catch up. Oh, but first, work before pleasure...

75+ noms
Velvet Crowe - x110
Tsubasa Oribe - x105
Octoling - x97
Rintarou Okabe - x95
Brian - x95
Axel Stone - x90
Endo Mamoru - x90
Toad - x85
Black Mage - x85
Alm - x80

50-75 noms
Shovel Knight - x75
Ryu Hayabusa - x75
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70
Ori - x70
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x65
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x65
Heavy - x60
Goomba/Goombella - x55

26-50 noms
Bubsy - x50
Vectorman - x45
Carmen Sandiego - x45
Crypto - x45
2B - x40
God Eater Rep - x35
Jonesy - x32
Wilfre - x30
Wadanohara* - x30
Zero Escape Rep - x30
Jason Frudnick - x30
Sly Cooper - x28
Trauma Center Content - x28

11-25 noms
Chun-Li - x25
Meowth - x25
Dart Monkey (Bloons) - x25
Master Hand - x20
Mega Man X - x20
Morrigan - x20
Daitoryo - x20
Darkest Dungeon Content - x11

5-10 noms
Gunvolt - x10
FEH Summoner - x10
Jack (Final Fantasy Origin) - x5
Scizor - x5
Carl Johnson - x5
SMT Content - x5
Frogger - x5
Ezio - x5
9-volt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Ahri - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Chell - x3

Anyway, I've seen people invoke Ichiban's delusions before... How do you think that would impact his reveal trailer? Is he really getting into Smash, or is it all in his head?
wait ive gotten toad that high already?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think, if his main costume is his Hero costume (the first one pictured here), it would have to be some level of delusion as he only sees himself in his Hero costume when in battle. What can I say, the guy has an overactive imagination!

I actually think it would be SUPER funny to make his trailer a dream! I don't want to say too much due to spoilers, but he HAS been known to have hefty delusions while in his dreams including one major cutscene, so a whole trailer where he is talking about how excited he is to be in Smash and to see everyone, all while the other party members are weighing in incredulously, would be adorable. It would end with him waking up as a reference to the scene in question, you see him talking in his sleep about Smash, and then his party members are there to greet him. Cue the "And you were there! And you, and you..."

By the way, if someone could tag me on Okabe's day that'd be wonderful! Also, have we discussed a Dishonored rep yet? I missed the RTC day which was upsetting but it's a series I'd love to get into the conversation.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I think, if his main costume is his Hero costume (the first one pictured here), it would have to be some level of delusion as he only sees himself in his Hero costume when in battle. What can I say, the guy has an overactive imagination!

I actually think it would be SUPER funny to make his trailer a dream! I don't want to say too much due to spoilers, but he HAS been known to have hefty delusions while in his dreams including one major cutscene, so a whole trailer where he is talking about how excited he is to be in Smash and to see everyone, all while the other party members are weighing in incredulously, would be adorable. It would end with him waking up as a reference to the scene in question, you see him talking in his sleep about Smash, and then his party members are there to greet him. Cue the "And you were there! And you, and you..."

By the way, if someone could tag me on Okabe's day that'd be wonderful! Also, have we discussed a Dishonored rep yet? I missed the RTC day which was upsetting but it's a series I'd love to get into the conversation.
Ahhhhhhh, interesting! I would enjoy the implication that all of Smash Bros is actually the delusion/dream of Ichiban. We get to find out whose room the Smash 64 opening was taking place in! He does seem like a very fun character; I have been meaning to get into Like a Dragon, but, uh, there are finite hours in the day, unfortunately...

We'll keep that in mind about Okabe! That probably won't be too far away now, huh...

As for Dishonoured, I'm fairly certain we haven't discussed it yet, if you're interested in nominating it!

Top Bottom