• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Exploration Thread - Day 79: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Who is Amiya anyway? Like, what's her story? I think I remember something about her being a combat medic...?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright. It's question time.

So, uh, this is one of them anime girls with the animal ears, huh? What animal is she supposed to be?
She's a donkey Cautus, which is a reace that takes traits from rabbits and hares. In her case, she's also noted to be a Chimera; This isn't really elaborated on, but given the dual classification it's implied she's meant to be a hybrid, and it also supplies her powerful (If not risky) third skill.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, I guess I'll ask why Arknights should get into Smash, because all I know about the game is that one DYKG episode that was clearly meant to shill the game.

Nominations: Laharl xMax

Pillow

Smash Lord
So, despite my limited experience with the character, I was trying to see if I could develop a moveset for her anyways. Apparently she has 2 forms (Caster/Defender). Are they alternative versions of the same character, or can she switch between modes? Should she have some sort of stance switching mechanic?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
For anyone unfamiliar, Arknights has some killer promotional videos. Anyways despite being clear anime weeb bait, it's interesting to note that Arknights would represent two genres not yet in Smash - Phone Games, and Tower Defense games.

I'm only familiar with the game by reputation, as a friend of mine was really into it. What would her general gameplay be? I'm guessing she'd be some heavily defensive zoner.

Noms:
x10 Innkeeper
Looks like a rabbit to me.

Hey so first off who the ** is this, what the ** is the game they're from and what the **** can they do
Who is Amiya anyway? Like, what's her story? I think I remember something about her being a combat medic...?
Amiya's a character from Arknights, a mobile tower defense game with RPG elements developed by Hypergryph. She's the face of the game's marketing, and acts as the public face of Rhodes Island, a pharmaceutical organization dedicated to the treatment of Oripathy and a world where Infected and non-Infected people can live in harmony... Yeah, I should probably back up a bit.

Basically, Arknights takes place in a world called Terra. There are no humans, but there's a lot of different races that largely resemble humans but with animal (And sometimes mythological) traits. Their technology is fueled by a substance called Originium, which has a high energy yield and allows usage of magic known as Originium Arts. However, this comes at a cost: Exposure to Originium can cause Oripathy, which is effectively incurable crystal cancer. In short, Oripathy causes your body to slowly crystalize into Originium, alongside other potential health disorders, which is... Not exactly pleasant. Making matters worse, Originium causes events called Catastrophies, essentially really frequent natural disasters. Terrans build nomadic mobile cities to move away from the Catastrophies, but since everything is run by Originium the Catastrophies just keep following them, creating a vicious cycle.

Those suffering Oripathy, known as Infected, are also heavily discriminated against, which makes the tough situation with Originium and Catastrophies even bleaker. Rhodes Island, as mentioned earlier, is dedicated to the treatment and equal rights of the Infected. Amiya ended up serving as the organization's leader, which is really impressive when you take into account the fact that she's only 14.

In terms of abilities, she's a Caster, casting dark-colored Arts. She also has three skills; Tactical Chant γ buffs her attack speed, Spirit Burst has her send off buffed attacks in random directions before being stunned, and Chimera, which is a massive buff in attack and range and ignores any defensive stats the enemy has, but also immediately retreats her. Later updates note that she has empath powers, and also gives her a sword-wielding Guard form. Note that said Guard form is an alternate form and not a separate character, and Caster!Amiya and Guard!Amiya cannot be on the same team. In this state, she has the skills Ying Xiao - Fleeting Night, which basically gives her a double attack, and Ying Xiao - Shadowless, which shreds through all low-health enemies around her but can only be used once per stage. There's also that one time she apparently used protective dark matter in a cutscene but she never uses that power in-game so...

Gameplay-wise, she'd probably be a zoner, but if we take the Guard version of her into account she might be a bit more melee-oriented, perhaps both if there's a stance-switching mechanic involved. I'm also thinking she could utilize the tower defense mechanics, dropping an Operator onto the field to help her out in battle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When I envision tower defence, I imagine something like how Jack-O worked in Guilty Gear Xrd, she'd put these blobs down and they'd spawn minions to attack the opponent and the longer it stays on the field, the stronger it and the minions get. Would this concept work for Amiya?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
When I envision tower defence, I imagine something like how Jack-O worked in Guilty Gear Xrd, she'd put these blobs down and they'd spawn minions to attack the opponent and the longer it stays on the field, the stronger it and the minions get. Would this concept work for Amiya?
That...does sound like an interesting way to interpret her, but in the context of Smash, the opponents are basically the mooks trying to reach the end. If anything, I could imagine Amiya using a deployment beacon that can summon one Rhodes Island Operator to fight alongside her.

Pillow

Smash Lord
It's called a Tower Defense game, but in Arknights the anime girls (like Amiya) are the towers, so it would def feel a bit weird I think.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, I guess I'll ask why Arknights should get into Smash, because all I know about the game is that one DYKG episode that was clearly meant to shill the game.

Nominations: Laharl xMax
Realistically speaking I don't know if Nintendo and Hypergryph have ever interacted, but Amiya would represent mobile gaming and the tower defense genre. There's also the whole thing with the gacha system, but in Arknight's case it's been praised as actually decently fair. Apparently the rates are pretty decent for a gacha, and there's two different quality-assurance systems; First, a guaranteed 5- or 6-star operator within the first ten rolls on a banner, and second, a pity system that essentially guarantees a 6-star within 100 rolls at most, carrying over between banners. And even then, you don't need the shiny new godmodded operator to win; The tower defense aspect means you need to big brain your way through the stages instead of just throwing your strongest unit at them. So I suppose being pretty generous for a gacha is something going for it.
Noms: Frisk x10

How many options does the game have in terms of stages and music?

Also, does Arknights have a gacha system?
The obvious stage would be Rhodes Island, being the player HQ they're always going back to and allowing for a lot of cameos. There's also Chernobog and Lungmen, which are two very important cities in the first arc (Which just wrapped up, for reference). As for the music... Hoo boy...

Let's just say there's a reason people joke about Hypergryph being a music company. Here's some examples of the songs they put out outside of the game:
There's a lot of different genres here; This is just a small sample of what they've put out. Of course, that's not to say the in-game tracks aren't bangers either

And while it might be rather unlikely due to being licensed music, the band Starset had some of their songs used in a couple trailers and the songs used pretty much stuck as the Arknights songs. In the one timeline where we actually get Arknight content and somehow bring Starset with it, I will %$#@ing ascend.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I made a moveset for Amiya. She definitely has more gimmicky options like summoning buddies or self buffs, but I chose to ignore all that for a simpler more accessible character. I took some creative liberties based on the art I saw of her as well, as I'm not sure she uses those big rock pillars or the blue dragon thing on any of her attacks in game. But they looked cool so why not?
General Gameplay
A stance swapping defensive character. Both forms are inherently defensive in playstyle, though one has an emphasis on zoning, and the other on close combat. Basic gameplan is to force approaches in her caster mode and fight in defender mode, though both stances should have multiple applications. She generally has poor recovery and approach options to reflect her status as a TD character.

Stats
Weight - 80 (Light, same as ZSS)
Run Speed - 1.8 (Average, between Mario/Pit)
Dash Speed - 1.76 (Below Average, same as DHD)
Jump Height (Full/Short) - 46 / 19.98 (High, tied with Greninja/Luigi)
Air Speed - 1.0 (Average, same as Palu)
Fall Speed (Regular/FF) - 1.9 / 3 (Fast, same as Pichu/Link)

Specials
Down + B (Caster Stance / Guard Stance)
Simple enough, Amiya switches between her two forms. It functions more similarly to Pythra's stance change than Pkmn Trainer's, fast with i-frames but without halting aerial momentum.

Neutral B (Spirit Burst / Fleeting Night)
A chargeable special move. In both stances the move can be cancelled with shield, but cannot be stored like Charge Shot. If Amiya is in Caster form she'll use Spirit Burst, if in Defender form she'll use Fleeting Knight.

Spirit Burst fires a short burst of dark red energy projectiles in a straight horizontal line. Similar to Sephiroth's flare, it has 3 stages depending on how long the move is charged. The first stage will fire 3 projectiles at medium distance, the second will fire 6 projectiles (at the same speed) at a slightly further distance, and full charge will fire a single fast moving projectile that travels the full stage similar to Theron.

Fleeting Night has Amiya slashing twice in front of her. The first second slash will always do more damage, but the first slash does much more shield damage. Similar to Spirit Burst, it also has 3 stages depending on how long the move is charged. The first will be a simple double slash, the second will be a double slash accompanied by blue energy which adds a small shockwave to the move dealing minor damage, and the fully charged form will be a double slash with a blue spirit dragon following the sword of which the first slash will always completely break a shield and the second will deal heavy damage.

Side B (Chimera / Shadowless)
Chimera has Amiya extending her palm and shooting a wave of red energy. If the opponents are close enough to Amiya, the move will ignore their shields and deal decent damage and knockback. (The move functions similarly to Lucario's Side B, but with a different twist on the command grab portion). Amiya will also knock herself back a fixed distance (about the length of a Belmont smash attack) when using this move, which can also make a decent get off me option, though this move has a lot of endlag so it shouldn't be spammed and is easily punishable.

Shadowless has Amiya doing a teleporting slash (similar to Fox or Mythra Side B). This move deals more damage and knockback at higher percents, and does negligible damage and knockback at lower percents, making it a decent move for killing but not for racking up damage. While the startup is fast, it also has lots of endlag and is easily punishable if whiffed.

Up B (Tactical Chant / Wrathful Cerulean Flame)
Tactical Chant has Amiya shooting a trio of red energy projectiles to launch her upwards at an angle. This move functions similarly to Robin's Elwind, but with less air control and distance. After using this move, Amiya's next use of Spirit Burst will start at its 2nd rank charge.

Wrathful Cerulean Flame has Amiya do an upwards slash similar to Roy's up B. It travels similar distance in the air but comes out much slower on the ground compared to Roy's up B (which makes it a much worse OOS option). After using this move Amiya's next use of Fleeting Night will start at its 2nd rank charge.

Tilts
Jab - Amiya will extend her palm forward and exude a burst of dark red flames (functions similarly to Mewtwo's jab but more red) / Amiya does a simple horizontal slash with her sword

Ftilt - Amiya makes a finger gun and shoots a single red projectile which travels a very short distance / Amiya does a downward slash with her sword

Dtilt - Amiya does a forward leg sweep which propels her forward a short distance (similar to Joker/Cloud's) / Amiya does a low lunge with her sword

Utilt - Amiya's arm does a crescent arc swing from in front of her to above her, and 3 small red projectiles are sent at different angles during the swing / Amiya does an upward slash from her sword which ends / hits behind her.

Smash Attacks
Fsmash - Amiya summons a large black pillar in front of her which descends quickly and deals heavy damage to any opponents it connects with / Amiya lunges forward slightly with her sword, with a blue dragon spirit traveling along the length of the stab (the dragon spirit does less damage than the sword but has slightly further range, both the dragon and the sword can connect on the same opponent if they're close enough)

Dsmash - Amiya summons two large black pillars on either side of her which descend quickly (the pillars are smaller than the Fsmash and the move is even slower but it hits on both directions) / Amiya does a sweeping strike with her sword hitting both sides with a blue dragon spirit circling around her.

Usmash - Amiya makes a finger gun and shoots a single large red projectile which doesn't travel very far (functions similar to Ivysaur/Lucas Usmash) / Amiya does an upward stab with her sword, with the dragon following and making a separate bite animation at the tip of where the sword is.

Aerials
Fair - Amiya makes a finger gun and fires a small red projectile forward which propels her backwards slightly (similar to Mii Gunner's fair) / Amiya does a downwards slash with her sword

Bair - Amiya makes a finger gun and fires a projectile (identical to Fair) / Amiya does a sweeping slash with her sword

Dair - Amiya extends her palm forward and fires a single red projectile downward which propels her upwards slightly (this move can help vertical recovery slightly), Amiya does a downward stab with her sword which spikes.

Nair - A red sigil of red energy appears behind Amiya and deals damage to anything it connects with / A blue dragon circles around Amiya striking opponents in its path

Grabs
Amiya has the same grab in both stances (which is somewhat slow and stubby) and her throws are the same / are generally pretty basic

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Hey, what happens if Amiya puts on a Bunny Hood? Does she just get another pair of rabbit ears? Does any being need three sets of ears?

I made a moveset for Amiya. She definitely has more gimmicky options like summoning buddies or self buffs, but I chose to ignore all that for a simpler more accessible character. I took some creative liberties based on the art I saw of her as well, as I'm not sure she uses those big rock pillars or the blue dragon thing on any of her attacks in game. But they looked cool so why not?
General Gameplay
A stance swapping defensive character. Both forms are inherently defensive in playstyle, though one has an emphasis on zoning, and the other on close combat. Basic gameplan is to force approaches in her caster mode and fight in defender mode, though both stances should have multiple applications. She generally has poor recovery and approach options to reflect her status as a TD character.

Stats

Specials
Simple enough, Amiya switches between her two forms. It functions more similarly to Pythra's stance change than Pkmn Trainer's, fast with i-frames but without halting aerial momentum.

A chargeable special move. In both stances the move can be cancelled with shield, but cannot be stored like Charge Shot. If Amiya is in Caster form she'll use Spirit Burst, if in Defender form she'll use Fleeting Knight.

Spirit Burst fires a short burst of dark red energy projectiles in a straight horizontal line. Similar to Sephiroth's flare, it has 3 stages depending on how long the move is charged. The first stage will fire 3 projectiles at medium distance, the second will fire 6 projectiles (at the same speed) at a slightly further distance, and full charge will fire a single fast moving projectile that travels the full stage similar to Theron.

Fleeting Night has Amiya slashing twice in front of her. The first second slash will always do more damage, but the first slash does much more shield damage. Similar to Spirit Burst, it also has 3 stages depending on how long the move is charged. The first will be a simple double slash, the second will be a double slash accompanied by blue energy which adds a small shockwave to the move dealing minor damage, and the fully charged form will be a double slash with a blue spirit dragon following the sword of which the first slash will always completely break a shield and the second will deal heavy damage.

Chimera has Amiya extending her palm and shooting a wave of red energy. If the opponents are close enough to Amiya, the move will ignore their shields and deal decent damage and knockback. (The move functions similarly to Lucario's Side B, but with a different twist on the command grab portion). Amiya will also knock herself back a fixed distance (about the length of a Belmont smash attack) when using this move, which can also make a decent get off me option, though this move has a lot of endlag so it shouldn't be spammed and is easily punishable.

Shadowless has Amiya doing a teleporting slash (similar to Fox or Mythra Side B). This move deals more damage and knockback at higher percents, and does negligible damage and knockback at lower percents, making it a decent move for killing but not for racking up damage. While the startup is fast, it also has lots of endlag and is easily punishable if whiffed.

Tactical Chant has Amiya shooting a trio of red energy projectiles to launch her upwards at an angle. This move functions similarly to Robin's Elwind, but with less air control and distance. After using this move, Amiya's next use of Spirit Burst will start at its 2nd rank charge.

Wrathful Cerulean Flame has Amiya do an upwards slash similar to Roy's up B. It travels similar distance in the air but comes out much slower on the ground compared to Roy's up B (which makes it a much worse OOS option). After using this move Amiya's next use of Fleeting Night will start at its 2nd rank charge.

Tilts
Jab - Amiya will extend her palm forward and exude a burst of dark red flames (functions similarly to Mewtwo's jab but more red) / Amiya does a simple horizontal slash with her sword

Ftilt - Amiya makes a finger gun and shoots a single red projectile which travels a very short distance / Amiya does a downward slash with her sword

Dtilt - Amiya does a forward leg sweep which propels her forward a short distance (similar to Joker/Cloud's) / Amiya does a low lunge with her sword

Utilt - Amiya's arm does a crescent arc swing from in front of her to above her, and 3 small red projectiles are sent at different angles during the swing / Amiya does an upward slash from her sword which ends / hits behind her.

Smash Attacks
Fsmash - Amiya summons a large black pillar in front of her which descends quickly and deals heavy damage to any opponents it connects with / Amiya lunges forward slightly with her sword, with a blue dragon spirit traveling along the length of the stab (the dragon spirit does less damage than the sword but has slightly further range, both the dragon and the sword can connect on the same opponent if they're close enough)

Dsmash - Amiya summons two large black pillars on either side of her which descend quickly (the pillars are smaller than the Fsmash and the move is even slower but it hits on both directions) / Amiya does a sweeping strike with her sword hitting both sides with a blue dragon spirit circling around her.

Usmash - Amiya makes a finger gun and shoots a single large red projectile which doesn't travel very far (functions similar to Ivysaur/Lucas Usmash) / Amiya does an upward stab with her sword, with the dragon following and making a separate bite animation at the tip of where the sword is.

Aerials
Fair - Amiya makes a finger gun and fires a small red projectile forward which propels her backwards slightly (similar to Mii Gunner's fair) / Amiya does a downwards slash with her sword

Bair - Amiya makes a finger gun and fires a projectile (identical to Fair) / Amiya does a sweeping slash with her sword

Dair - Amiya extends her palm forward and fires a single red projectile downward which propels her upwards slightly (this move can help vertical recovery slightly), Amiya does a downward stab with her sword which spikes.

Nair - A red sigil of red energy appears behind Amiya and deals damage to anything it connects with / A blue dragon circles around Amiya striking opponents in its path

Grabs
Amiya has the same grab in both stances (which is somewhat slow and stubby) and her throws are the same / are generally pretty basic
Hm. I feel like I say this all the time, but I'm never sure how I feel about characters that are actually multiple characters. Or rather, I think if you want to make a character something, it better be practically the first thing one thinks about when thinking of that character. All this to say... I don't know, I'm not convinced that making Amiya's thing stance switching is really right, considering it sounds like you don't switch between her... "modes" mid-level.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, what happens if Amiya puts on a Bunny Hood? Does she just get another pair of rabbit ears? Does any being need three sets of ears?

Hm. I feel like I say this all the time, but I'm never sure how I feel about characters that are actually multiple characters. Or rather, I think if you want to make a character something, it better be practically the first thing one thinks about when thinking of that character. All this to say... I don't know, I'm not convinced that making Amiya's thing stance switching is really right, considering it sounds like you don't switch between her... "modes" mid-level.
It's sort of like with how it works in ARMS; You switch between them before you enter the level. Granted, it's a bit more drastic than with Min Min, but it's the same sort of adaptation.
Maybe? Having something to spawn minions is more like how the enemies work. In Arknights, you just plop down characters directly. There is some level-ups involved, but the characters are a bit more personalized than like in PvZ or BTD, where you can just plop down as many of the same down as your funds allow. In AK, there's only one of each character, there's a cap on how many Operators can be on the field at one time, and once you remove them there's a long delay until you can redeploy them, so they're usually not something you can just throw out willy-nilly.

Perhaps a gradual level-up could work, but I think it'd be more source-accurate if the charge-over-time thing was instead allocated to the skills. In AK, each Operator usually has 2-3 skills to select between, and most of them either buff every other attack or slowly build up over time. I think that could be carried over fairly naturally as a summoned character.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
It's sort of like with how it works in ARMS; You switch between them before you enter the level. Granted, it's a bit more drastic than with Min Min, but it's the same sort of adaptation.
Right. But in general, I can get down with stuff like Min Min or Pyra/Mythra because most of their moveset is the same between stances. This concept is two different fighters stapled together, and my bar is even higher for concepts like that. Representing a loadout screen is generally under that, unfortunately.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
General Gameplay

Stats

Specials

Tilts

Smash Attacks

Aerials

Grabs
I think Amiya is the first character discussed so far that I had never even heard of before. This moveset seems really cool. I’m a big fan of shadow magic users so I would enjoy playing as her. I think the idea of a Tower Defense character in general is pretty fun as well.

As far as a question goes, most of my usual questions have already been asked so I guess I’ll ask about bosses and assist trophies again. Is there anything that would work well as a boss or assist trophy if she makes it in?

x15 Sarah Kerrigan

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think Amiya is the first character discussed so far that I had never even heard of before. This moveset seems really cool. I’m a big fan of shadow magic users so I would enjoy playing as her. I think the idea of a Tower Defense character in general is pretty fun as well.

As far as a question goes, most of my usual questions have already been asked so I guess I’ll ask about bosses and assist trophies again. Is there anything that would work well as a boss or assist trophy if she makes it in?
Well, I'm not too far into the game (These levels can be pretty hard, NGL), but so far, I'd say W could be a good Assist Trophy. She's a sniper/mad bomber kind of character that you fight during the first levels of the game, and she's pretty tough to beat.

You summon her, and she throws powerful explosives at the nearest enemy, then it explodes, causing immense damage.

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
In terms of Tower defense, who has better chance? Crazy Dave or Amiya? Amiya is from Chinese developer. I am not entirely sure how that makes her any easier than contacting EA. I guess timezone and kanji make somewhat easier... I'm not entirely sure. Then again, EA seems to have stronger relationship with Nintendo afaik.

Nom: Ryza x Max

amageish

Smash Master
If I remember didn't I get some noms in the previous day, I remember I got 15 or 20 something and never uses it?
Ah, okay, yes, you actually have 25 bonus noms on top of the normal 5 then. Sorry, I haven't been keeping track when they go unused for a day. I'll note that when counting stuff up tonight...

You open a portal to a rabbit dimension and Smash Bros Ultimate is revealed to have been a front for the long-awaited Nintendogs spin-off, Nintendbunnies. All the DLC led up to this one moment, as everyone copy of Smash Ultimate is permanently and irreversably turned into a copy of Nintendbunnies and we all welcome our new rabbit overlords.

(or, you know, she just jumps higher I guess)

In terms of Tower defense, who has better chance? Crazy Dave or Amiya? Amiya is from Chinese developer. I am not entirely sure how that makes her any easier than contacting EA. I guess timezone and kanji make somewhat easier... I'm not entirely sure. Then again, EA seems to have stronger relationship with Nintendo afaik.
Gentle reminder this thread is not meant to be for discussion of likelihood!

So, my Arknights knowledge begins and ends with "I have friends who enjoy it," so let me ask a vague and general question: How do you narrow down the spirit selection when pulling from a gacha game, which inherently means it has a lot of rare/fancy png files to choose from?

Noms: Whoever I did yesterday x 5. I have already forgotten and will check before tonight lol.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

x15 Sarah Kerrigan
Ah, okay, yes, you actually have 25 bonus noms on top of the normal 5 then. Sorry, I haven't been keeping track when they go unused for a day. I'll note that when counting stuff up tonight...

You open a portal to a rabbit dimension and Smash Bros Ultimate is revealed to have been a front for the long-awaited Nintendogs spin-off, Nintendbunnies. All the DLC led up to this one moment, as everyone copy of Smash Ultimate is permanently and irreversably turned into a copy of Nintendbunnies and we all welcome our new rabbit overlords.

(or, you know, she just jumps higher I guess)

Gentle reminder this thread is not meant to be for discussion of likelihood!

So, my Arknights knowledge begins and ends with "I have friends who enjoy it," so let me ask a vague and general question: How do you narrow down the spirit selection when pulling from a gacha game, which inherently means it has a lot of rare/fancy png files to choose from?

Noms: Whoever I did yesterday x 5. I have already forgotten and will check before tonight lol.
The potential for a tower defense gimmick kinda overlaps with ATs, so I'll just use this to rattle off a few notable Operators
  • SilverAsh
    • The CEO of godmod
    • Has this skill called Truesilver Slash that makes everything die, best seen at 1:40-2:10
    • My first 6-star actually
    • Don't have Truesilver Slash yet though
  • Ch'en
    • Effectively the other main character of the recently-finished first arc
    • Has a skill called Chi Xiao - Unsheath that annihilates everything and can do so immediately after being deployed
    • Used to be a meta god but dropped off after other Operators did her thing cheaper/stronger
  • Kroos
    • Early Sniper Operator
    • Shoots you with a crossbow
    • If she ever opens her eyes we're all screwed
    • Says "Ko ko da yo." A lot.
  • Eyjafjalla
    • I can never spell her name without help
    • Almost blind and almost deaf
    • Literal GOAT
    • You see every other Caster in the game? They're all invalid now (Swear warning)
  • Siege
    • Has hammer
    • Creates shockwave with the hammer using the Aerial Hammer skill
    • Once she's properly promoted she will spam that hammer
  • Shaw
    • Firefighter
    • Has no combat experience, still shoves everyone around with a water hose
    • Speaksreallyreallyfastandhasnospaces
    • bulli
  • Lappland
    • No: The Character
    • Seals your gimmicks
    • The most cursed interpretation in Smash is that she seals your specials, recovery included
  • Exusiai
    • Current PFP
    • Probably the cheeriest person in the messed-up bleak world of Arknights
    • Guns. Lots and lots of guns. (Skip to 2:50 to see her in action)
  • Jessica
  • Aak
I can probably make a serious Spirit Board but I've been wanting to do a comedic list like this for a while

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I don't have any experience with Arknight other than some "interesting" fanart around the internet so I'm all up to question, is there any important character that could be turn into a spirit? All I know is that the game has literal furry on top of cast who has animalistic feature like Amiya.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't have any experience with Arknight other than some "interesting" fanart around the internet so I'm all up to question, is there any important character that could be turn into a spirit? All I know is that the game has literal furry on top of cast who has animalistic feature like Amiya.
Yeah, about that...

Most characters just have a couple animal traits, but some characters are just furries for whatever reason, mostly drawn by this one artist KuroBlood. Even then, it's inconsistent; Kuro's characters are still fairly humanoid and anime-styled (Including, um... Well, it's supposed to be "Huai Hu" in Mandarin, but they ended up saying it in Cantonese instead), but others are just normal animals but "What if they were bipedal?", namely the giant rat that makes up all the rules. And then there's just an actual penguin.

I dunno, it's never really explained. A lot of the time the more animal-like characters are of the same species of the human-like characters, even in the same family.

Anyways, aside from my jokey list above, some of the more important characters include:
  • The Doctor, the actual player character and the tactician of Rhodes Island.
  • Kal'tsit, head doctor of Rhodes Island and a major player in the story. Also was a playable Operator in the beta, was removed for being overpowered, and was then added back in with changes, still overpowered
  • Ch'en, the deuteragonist of the first arc (0-8)
  • Siege, heavily implied to be the deuteragonist of the upcoming second arc
  • Skadi, who's the most notable member of the Abyssal Hunters, who have a lot of lore behind them. Also the second character to get a second version after Amiya
  • Jessica, who's used as a player substitute in the training missions
  • W, a notable boss character who also ended up getting promoted to playable for the first time
  • Talulah, the main villain and final boss of the first arc

Pillow

Smash Lord
Right. But in general, I can get down with stuff like Min Min or Pyra/Mythra because most of their moveset is the same between stances. This concept is two different fighters stapled together, and my bar is even higher for concepts like that. Representing a loadout screen is generally under that, unfortunately.
I get where you're coming from. In hindsight I suppose the two forms for the character didn't really have to be separate, and could've just been represented by different moves on the same character, though I don't think the "two in one" fighter thing is inherently that bad either. She effectively would two sets of movesets, but has the same physical statistics in both stances which is different from Trainer and Pythra which would still tie them together better than say, Sheik and Zelda were.

amageish

Smash Master
Fun Fact: There's a guaranteed 5 or 6 star noms list within the first 10 points of mine on a given day!

50+ noms
Maxwell - x110
Chosen Undead - x110
Imperial (Etrian Odyssey) - x100
Sarah Kerrigan - x95
Gran/Djeeta - x85
Amaterasu - x85
Filia (Skullgirls) - x70

Laharl - x55
Frisk - x54

26-50 noms
Estelle Bright - x45
Endo Mamoru - x45
2B - x40
Saber - x40
Elma - x38
Hearthstone Innkeeper - x35
Jill Stingray - x30

11-25 noms
Octoling - x25
Ryza - x25
Black Mage - x20
Master Hand - x20
Isaac (Golden Sun) - x20
Mega Man X - x15
Shovel Knight - x15
Astral Chain rep - x15
Trauma Center Content - x12

5-10 noms
Daitoryo - x10
Saber - x10
Bubsy - x10
Bill & Lance - x10
Scorpion - x8
Chibi-Robo - x5
9-volt - x5
Gunvolt - x5
Nathan Drake - x5
Spyro the Dragon - x3
Tracer - x3
Sly Cooper - x3
Chell - x3
Chun-Li - x1
Shantae - x1

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Yeah, about that...

Most characters just have a couple animal traits, but some characters are just furries for whatever reason, mostly drawn by this one artist KuroBlood. Even then, it's inconsistent; Kuro's characters are still fairly humanoid and anime-styled (Including, um... Well, it's supposed to be "Huai Hu" in Mandarin, but they ended up saying it in Cantonese instead), but others are just normal animals but "What if they were bipedal?", namely the giant rat that makes up all the rules. And then there's just an actual penguin.

I dunno, it's never really explained. A lot of the time the more animal-like characters are of the same species of the human-like characters, even in the same family.
Ah I see so it's just the artist preference, kudos to them I actually find KuroBlood's really interesting and probably the reason I'm interested in the series with the other one being that banger YouTube ad, I love when mobile games has a more detailed artwork for their character rather than a flat tv anime art which has a habit to cut down details in order for the animator to easily copy like the Im@s mobile game which felt boring really quickly, I mean it's just a png there's no reason to hold back.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
One thing Amiya can use in her moveset to reflect her game's tower defense mechanics is to deploy static objects used in the levels. In the game, you can place some objects on the map to control the flow of enemies, and I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to make her summon them at will.

For example, she can place Originum Flow Generators that power up the fighters around them while also dealing gradual damage. She can also make use of drones for recovery or cover fire.

Obviously, her Arts would be the focus of her moveset but these can help to make her stand out more and reflect her game better.

BlueEyedGrimmbat

Smash Apprentice
There's a thing about Amiya in-lore that could make for a interesting mechanic in-game.

Amiya's passive in Arknights is "Emotional Absorption", which allows her to gain 1 SP (Skill Point) whenever she attacks. SP in Arknights is required to activate skills, and is gained over time, or by attacking or being attacked (depends on the character).

My idea is an SP system for Amiya, in that she gains 1 SP after a few seconds and gets 1 SP whenever she hits someone with a normal attack. After she gets a certain amount of SP, she can consume them to buff a Special move. In that sense, if her Final Smash was some sort of install, she could have all her Specials buffed during activation.

And about the Caster-Guard thing, well, I think it's better to just stick to her Caster form, since Guard Amiya is kinda spoiler-y - very minor spoilers, but still spoilers. It's a cool concept, but we shouldn't stuff too many things into one character. (Then again, Sakurai gave us green-haired Byleth, so...)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
One thing Amiya can use in her moveset to reflect her game's tower defense mechanics is to deploy static objects used in the levels. In the game, you can place some objects on the map to control the flow of enemies, and I think it wouldn't be too farfetched to make her summon them at will.

For example, she can place Originum Flow Generators that power up the fighters around them while also dealing gradual damage. She can also make use of drones for recovery or cover fire.

Obviously, her Arts would be the focus of her moveset but these can help to make her stand out more and reflect her game better.
I like this idea a lot. I have never played Arknights so I can’t speak for that game specifically but I think something along these lines is great for a Tower Defense rep in general.

Has anyone brought up classic mode yet? I’m curious what hers might be like. The best I can come up with is a route based on humanoid animal characters like Fox, Banjo, Sonic and Incineroar but I’m not sure if there’s a better theme.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Oh yeah, forgot to mention those. About halfway through chapter 4 now, plus a couple side missions that are a lot harder, and so far we've got:
  • Roadblocks - It blocks the road
  • Stun Generator - Deals damage and stuns the opponent
  • Detector - Reveals invisible enemies
  • Originium Flow Generators - Pretty much what you mentioned
  • Originium Ice Crystal - Slows/freezes Operators and enemies alike periodically
Could be interesting to see how those could be implemented

GolisoPower

Smash Master
To make this discussion active again, I'm gonna bring back this post I made:
If I had to guess, it'd have to be colors based on various and popular Operators. SilverAsh McOverpoweredPants is the first thing that comes to mind.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Now I've never played Crypt of the Necrodancer, but the fact this game managed to get a Nintendo-approved ZELDA crossover gives Cadence herself all the more spotlight. I can imagine Cadence having a unique movement mechanic that's dependent on the tempo of the music that plays, though I'm sure that'll be difficult to program tempo values into all 1000+ songs in the game, but hey, Sakurai managed to change all of the stages for Steve's mining, so I'm not gonna count that out.

Noms:
10 for Chosen Undead

and because of recent announcements, all the rest for Monika.

EDIT: Oh, wait, is it alright to post right now?

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Noms: Frisk x10

Back on the Cadence thread, there was once a discussion on what her stage would be. I'm partial towards basing it on Zone 1 (the basic cave) from the original game and add background elements referencing the other stages, but someone else suggested having it transition between the 5 different zones (2 is jungle caves, 3 is fire/ice, 4 is purple catacombs, 5 is electric equipment). Thoughts?

Now I've never played Crypt of the Necrodancer, but the fact this game managed to get a Nintendo-approved ZELDA crossover gives Cadence herself all the more spotlight. I can imagine Cadence having a unique movement mechanic that's dependent on the tempo of the music that plays, though I'm sure that'll be difficult to program tempo values into all 1000+ songs in the game, but hey, Sakurai managed to change all of the stages for Steve's mining, so I'm not gonna count that out.
Personally, I think basing Cadence's gameplay on over 1,000 songs would be more trouble than it's worth. My own moveset (link to a doc in my signature) instead has her specials only be powered up by hitting B in a specific rhythm for each. Other than that, I just gave her basic attacks where she mostly wields the Greatshovel (her exclusive weapon from Cadence of Hyrule).

Technomage

Smash Champion
Should any of the Spirits on the CotN board be Zelda characters?

Edit: I forgot to place 10 noms on Imperial.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Should any of the Spirits on the CotN board be Zelda characters?
Maybe they'd include Octavo since he was original to Cadence of Hyrule (and I could see them using CoH artwork for Cadence, Frederick, and Aria's spirits), but I think they'd want to avoid "blurring lines" between franchises.

If they did include Zelda characters, it would probably exclusively be CoH versions.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Do you guys think Cadence would bring any Cadence of Hyrule tracks with her if she gets in?

x15 Sarah Kerrigan

Top Bottom