• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character CUT

• Thread starter MarioRayFalconSmash X
  • Start date
M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

If Nintendo called you over to cut a character and replace him(or her) with another character, who would it be? Personally, I'd put in either Sephiroth or Issac. Issac was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, but now, I think he needs a chance to be an actual fighter. And Sephiroth? I think he's cool. Besides, Cloud can't go alone to Smash 5. So, what do you think? Who do you think should be cut, and who do you think should replace that fighter?

D

Deleted member

This would've been much better suited to post in Smash Wii U General Discussion, but anyways...

Nobody, honestly. Nobody took any slots from anyone and everybody in this game has some sort of valid reason to be on the roster. Everyone has their own unique flair: even the clones.

I really do want Shantae in Smash though, but I wouldn't cut anyone on the roster for her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
This would've been much better suited to post in Smash Wii U General Discussion, but anyways...

Nobody, honestly. Nobody took any slots from anyone and everybody in this game has some sort of valid reason to be on the roster. Everyone has their own unique flair: even the clones.
This. Nobody stole anyone's spot, each characters has a reason for being there. Even clone characters have enough differences to make playing them a different experience.

To keep on topic, if I HAD to cut somebody... I guess I could live without...?
Here's the problem. I LIKE Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Lucina isn't bad either. None of them really DESERVE to get cut.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I wouldn't cut anyone. I think every character has devoted fans that would hate to see them go.

However, if I had to, I'd probably cut one of the more egregious clones like Dark Pit or Lucina.

I'd replace them with Banjo and Kazooie, probably. Such an easy fighter to make and certainly a fan favorite.

M

MarioRayFalconSmash X

How do you put a character in the background of your posts? (To Smudges' post)

Last edited by a moderator:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'd replace:

-Dr. Mario with Toad
-Dark Pit with Wolf
-Lucina with Ice Climbers
-Cloud with Inklings
-Bayonetta with King K. Rool

I'd replace:
- Dr. Mario with Captain Toad
- Dark Pit with King K. Rool