• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Attributes Directory

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'm making this thread so I can easily find where characters rate with air/walk/run/fall speed and weight. Basically this thread will house topics that deal with a characters fundamental attributes.

Character Weight Rankings
by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Running & Walking Speed Rankings by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Air Speed Rankings by @Indigo Jeans

Fall & Fast Fall Speed Rankings by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

Intangibility/Invincibility & Armor List by @Luigi player

Aerial Landing Lag Data by @A2ZOMG

Characters That Can Walljump, Cling & Crawl by @SonicZeroX

Counters, Reflects & Absorb Multipliers
by @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer

If you guys have any threads you think should be added, let me know!

Signia

Smash Lord
Request: Minimum Fox Trot lengths and Perfect Pivot lengths.

"My Smash Corner" has already ranked pivot lengths using the squares on the left side of Omega Green Hill Zone to measure:

Perfect Pivot Lengths (in squares)

Falcon - 6

Little Mac, Luigi - 5.5

Sonic, Metakight, Fox, Greninja - 5

Lucina, Sheik, Pikachu, DHD, Dark Pit - 4.5

Mario, Yoshi, Diddy, ZSS, Pit, Shulk - 4

Marth, Zelda, DK, Palutena, Samus, Toon Link,
DDD, Falco, ROB, WFT - 3.5

Charizard, Peach, Lucario, Bowser, B.JR,
GAW, Ike, Ness, Olimar, Dr Mario, Pacman, Megaman - 3

Wario, Link, Rosalina, Robin, Ganon, Villager - 2.5

Jigglypuff - 2

It'd be nice to also have minimum fox trot lengths to get a handle on who would improve the most from the technique (shorter is better). I know Little Mac has both a short foxtrot and a long pivot slide, and good back-turned tilts so he would definitely improve the most, so he benefits the most by far, but who else...

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I know it's not super important or anything, but is there a jump height list for this game hiding anywhere? Was just curious. I know the game says it's Falco, Greninja, and Zamus for the top 3. Was wondering what the others might be. I imagine there's lots of characters with the same jump height. I'm also not sure how much jump height changes on the second jump or more.

SwingRipper

Smash Rookie
NNID
fire-squirrel
3DS FC
5172-1417-9342
It would be SO cool if you added match ups to this list like the pokemon type chart With the characters lined up from both ends so there is a line of neutral match ups in the middle

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Requests:
height
crouch height

EDIT: Never mind

I am bad at reading

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
why are all data on that awkward kurogane page? you can't even sort the tables there :(

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I'm thinking of making a thread for jump height rankings for every character including any Customs that alter jump heights. Testing characters having more than 2 jumps will be a problem as I don't have an idea of how to test their heights but I have a custom stage in mind of going about ranking them.

Does a stage using a drop-through platform for the floor in order to test doublejump heights sound good? And would having platforms 1 grid unit stacking 27 platforms high from the ground sound good? I'm also taking into account for ledge-jump heights & I have that covered by making the 27 platforms overlap the ledge so that just pressing a jump button without any drifting movement has them landing on said platform.

Thoughts? I'd like to figure out how to make the ideal stage & know the best way.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have no idea. It would be easy to test normal jump height, but double jump is not quite so simple.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So far I thought of two ways to test doublejump heights using the custom stage I made on 1/4x (Hold L) speed:
  1. Be on the platform's ground floor & hold :GCD: before pressing :GCLT:. Next, tap :GCLT: once so that it shows the character ducking down to begin dropping through the platform & let go of :GCLT:. Then, hold :GCX: or :GCY: to perform doublejump to land on said platform above you

2. Get to the very end of either ledge so that the character is teetering. Next, hold :GCL: / :GCR: & tap :GCLT: once to make the character begin running off the ledge. Then, hold :GCX: or :GCY: to perform doublejump & land on said platform above you
It definitely won't be simple to test doublejump let alone triplejump / quadruplejump / quintuplejump / sextuplejump . . . . .but I can at least find out doublejumps

EDIT: I should mention that doing either #1 or #2, Falco will land on the 10th platform both ways. Comparing one Falco doing scenario #1 to the Falco doing scenario #2, both will simultaneously land & put up shield but the Falco doing scenario #1 needed two taps of :GCLT: because it takes longer to drop through the platform floor. Meanwhile the Falco doing scenario #2 only needed one tap of :GCLT: so I might just consider testing scenario #2 entirely.

Last edited:

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Jumpsquat data compilation?
I feel like there may have been a post on jumpsquat data in the past, maybe by Shaya... but Googling "jumpsquat data smash 4" isn't getting me anything.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So, now that I understand character attributes, I did a diff...and...whelp, lets get to labeling guys!
Seems like special characters were pushed down. I think Mewtwo is in Giga Bowser's spot.

Is it possible to have these two changes?
  • Character name column is always visible. It's really difficult to keep track of which characters to compare for each column if you move too far to the right.
  • Column/Attribute number. A lot of attributes are referenced as numbers and it would be nice to have them in the doc.

Thanks for your work!

Yikarur

Smash Master
How is the difference in physics between size and width from Mii's calculated?

Top Bottom