• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character analyses - Why do you love Lucina?

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I can definitely relate to the "swordsman" feeling, for sure. I like the wide arc attacks and good range, and I'm not the type of player that feels I have to use any kind of projectile, so I sacrifice those for speed... something I feel Lucina does well.
Finally someone who understands me but sometimes I use link to support my spaceing in curtain situation's

Last edited:

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I used to use Link a lot back in the 64 and Melee days, but overall I just felt I needed a faster character. Marth/Roy/Lucina seem to match my speed preference well. There's faster characters like Sheik, ZSS, and Sonic of course, but I don't click well with them and don't do well controlling the extra speed. lol

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
She's a manly Marth.

Plus she doesn't have a tip, so more combo options :p

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I don't focus so much on combos as much as I do hard reads. But there are times I get too aggressive and end up getting myself punished.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
In melee I use mainly Young Link but you can find me using marth or Roy and in brawl the meta game was slow so I just used ike.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Yay, I have a follower, now I feel like I'm on Miiverse. LOL

Yeah, I kinda miss the old Melee Roy. I was very comfortable with his style and range, and some of his speeds and attack ranges seem to have changed now. Lucina gives me the closest feel to what I was used to with Roy.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I use Lucina alot at a aggressive level but use yoshi alot at defense and aggressive level but lucina is my main and yoshi is second yesterday at a local tournament I pulled off a sweet combo and had the tournament in my bag.What I did was up throw to a neutral air to a spike at a low % stealing the stock in 20seconds

Last edited:

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Strangely enough, my preferred secondaries are Palutena and Zelda, with a small interest in Rosalina. A friend and I agree that Smash needs more female representation.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Strangely enough, my preferred secondaries are Palutena and Zelda, with a small interest in Rosalina. A friend and I agree that Smash needs more female representation.
Wanna fight sometime on smash 4 as a friendly match?Maby learn a bit between are Lucina skills

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Sounds good to me. I may be good, or I may not be. It's kinda relative. :)
When will be a good time I was thinking today around 4:00pm because I'll be free around that time and what's your miiverse name so I can send you a friend request mines DarkSperow

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I already added you. :) I'm usually available in later hours of the night, so maybe around 6 or 8pm.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I already added you. :) I'm usually available in later hours of the night, so maybe around 6 or 8pm.
Alright so 6-6:30 might be fine but we can do later so I'm going to be doing a lot of training with my combos because most of the combos are hard to get down.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Me and a friend are probably going to play some Smash, so most likely some time after that. I'm a late night owl. :)

Wilty

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiltyHolten
3DS FC
2294-6756-9246
In the time, before time... and smash...

My main in smash, mele and brawl was samus, and zss, when the trailer of SSB4 come out... i was so hype... and then i bought 2ds (and some how i got the 3ds for the same price... XL) i was using zss and i was like...

the feling was so goooooooooooooooooood, an then ... a new challenger approaches... and for the first time i met lucina.... "Lucina la capuchina" she grows my cuirosity... the very first time i play with lucina... "ho great a marth's clone" i don't know, but she feels more.... there is no word that i can explain the feeling... 2 k online matches before ...i fell in love, 3 moths later i was playing fire emblem awaking... some videos of smash corner, zero's, Jtails, AceStar chanels, and 12 k online matches before, i mastered lucina, and thats how i meet yor mother (lucina)

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
You played 12k online matches? Yeah, I'm hardly at 200 and I feel like breaking down my wall. lol

I'm not the kind of player that learns by getting my rear handed to me. I learn when someone teaches me new things, and I test them out on my unskilled friends LOL

Wilty

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiltyHolten
3DS FC
2294-6756-9246
on the 11 k match i restore the default factory set ups, im on 4 k matches, i only get mad playing vs mario or rob... they are so anoying... the rest of the crew, im playing like epic fight, and recognize the hability from the oponent, if the things get serious, i play with my hearth on my hand (lel)

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
I'm pretty sure I'll never get that high. I use a Gamecube controller as well, as I found an adapter at Gamestop for 20 dollars, so I thought sure why not, I have over 4 Gamecube controllers at home. But I'm pretty sure I won't be playing much online anymore. I'll play with my friends, and I'll play FE:A and Splatoon and other games. I think filling out support log books are more fun than this training for nothing crap when I'm not looking to make money this way.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Why do I love Lucina?
When I decided to try out Lucina after getting the game and playing with other characters, she proved to be a lovable character for me with her personally and playstyle. Marth didn't fit the bill for me like Ike in brawl and Smash 4 along with his character. Since I don't have Fire Emblem: Awakening, I watch some videos on Youtube to learn more about Lucian and she even proved to be more of a great character for me to love and to put more work into her. While she's not one of my strong mains like the Mario bros, Doc, Pikachu, and Rosalina, she's close to be my secondary or pocket main like Kirby(who was my former main). So she'll always be a fun character for me to use in both causal and competitive and if I get the game sometime, then I'll see how great the game can be.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Honestly, the lack of a sweet spot really makes all the difference here. Some people think that it's because people don't want to learn to tipper. And while that might be the case for some, there is a genuine competitive edge to having a wider margin of error and more homogenized attacks.

Does it make her better? Meh. Not really. I honestly don't have much issue if people say that she's worse than Marth. But I personally feel that the consistency is worth it.

The honest answer to why I like her more is kind of disappointing, but it's also true: she just feels better to play as for me. Pretty much the long and the short of it. She just feels more comfortable and consistent to play.

BgXERO

Smash Rookie
NNID
BgXERO
It mainly started because I had a huge love of Marth ever since Brawl. I looked back and realized I played him a lot in Melee as well. Then combined with the fact that in almost every other game I've played females. I saw Lucina as prettier Marth and chose to play her. Never got the chance to play any Fire Emblem game, so I never had any pre interest in her, but when I saw that her and Robin came from the same game I knew I had to start playing FE.

Biotype

Smash Rookie
NNID
DuoBiotype
I enjoy Lucina because she feels light on her feet while running, and not needing to be good with a tipper is extremely helpful. Her counter has saved me multiple times while fighting hard hitters such as; Ganondorf or King Dedede. EDIT: I forgot to add that all of my old mains just felt clunky and not as fun to play, so i tried out Lucina once i unlocked her. I instantly fell in love.

Last edited:

The Brazilian Afro

Smash Cadet
Why I like Lucina??
It's actually a hard question...
When I got the 3DS, I started playing the classic and every single character felt... weird. Well, except for 5 that felt less weird. I guess Lucina just clicked with me as a character. I felt that the tipper was actually a liabiity due to Marth's lack od defense in this game.
Patch by patch, my hope on the character goes away, though...
(Pleas, we need double range on Lucina & Marth. Their range is stupidly low...)

ScarletRed012

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScarletRed012
3DS FC
2079-4334-7623
Personally... I fell in love with Lucina while looking at a roster for smash 4 before I bought a 3ds and the game. I fell in love with her immediately! She has been one of the best characters I've ever used in a video game. Her looks, personality, and fluent motions provide for an appealing view. I did actually pick up fire emblem and have been playing it a good bit!

sgtbutterknife

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtbutterknife
I'm gonna be honest I've never played Fire Emblem. But the the first time I played as Marth In Melee, I was hooked. When I got smash four I tried out Lucina and she is awsome. She may be a clone of Marth but she is still great. Her moveset is balanced. She has a great voice actress and she's also very pretty. If anyone is a fan of Marth, definitely try out Lucina.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
Honestly, the lack of a sweet spot really makes all the difference here. Some people think that it's because people don't want to learn to tipper. And while that might be the case for some, there is a genuine competitive edge to having a wider margin of error and more homogenized attacks.

Does it make her better? Meh. Not really. I honestly don't have much issue if people say that she's worse than Marth. But I personally feel that the consistency is worth it.

The honest answer to why I like her more is kind of disappointing, but it's also true: she just feels better to play as for me. Pretty much the long and the short of it. She just feels more comfortable and consistent to play.
I feel the same, I can do more "free pressure attacks" with lucina than with marth, sure there are some situations where your spacing was good enough (and your opponent's spacing was bad enough) and make you think Marth is a better choice... but some Marth none tipper landed attacks makes you say, "why, I'm not lucina"...

I believe Marth is more suited for riskier players, or "heavy readers?"... and Lucina is for players like me, who likes to see that 9% on hit, instead of playing roulette with "will my opponent let me space correctly for my tipper?"...

To finish this, eeehh... maybe it is just me, but Does Lucina's walking jab reaches farther than Marth's??... or I feel it reaches longer, and that's the reason I use Lucina... (well, both actually, but I have like 10x more matches with lucina)

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Well I can't comment on Awakening since I can't have a 3DS. But I love Lucina. I just have an easier time with her than Marth. :/

G-sen

Smash Rookie
I like Lucina cause shes plays lke MarthyMart, just without his annoying voice...

Top Bottom