• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changes you'd like to see in Mewtwo

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Yeah, the m2 forums are perfectly reliable, and are in no way biased or misinformed about anything.

Looking at the character list for a whole 2 seconds would have dispelled this thought if you'd had the slightest inclination to do your research before posting this wildly incorrect conjecture.
And you're also the most neutral poster in this or any thread you're in....right? Lay off him alright, said he's even OK with the possible nerfs and he doesn't even main M2. Please stop irrationally hating anyone that mentions M2 in a positive light or that *gasp* likes M2. Your hostility towards M2 mains and defenders will only be met with an equal or greater hostility.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Odds really isn't a **** poster. He may have said it in a way that didn't suit your fancy but he was just correcting some misinformation that you were spreading, which imo is worse than a little sass.

And he wasn't getting wordy, and you're trying to get wordy in response is bad. You're using really extraneous sentence structure.
No need to be his butt buddy and repeat to me what he said, but ya he kind of does cause trouble from what I have seen in other forums but that is besides the point. Couldn't he have just said, "no thats not right" and then said which characters can and cant do it? So as of now it is to my understanding he doesn't know it either and has no room to talk. So since he doesn't know, can YOU give the correct answer to what I said since it is incorrect? Oh, and am I going to be charged for those english lessons? I will work on my usage of extraneous sentence structure.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I was being a bit wordy to avoid directly calling you an idiot and/or ****poster for needlessly spreading misinformation.

Do your damn research before posting nonsense.

Please stop irrationally hating anyone that mentions M2 in a positive light
Weird that you interpret a simple correction of misinformation as "hate".

Lose the victim complex, for God's sake.

Last edited:

Mikarugi

Smash Rookie
I was being a bit wordy to avoid directly calling you an idiot and/or ****poster for needlessly spreading misinformation.

but what he said is entirely true. You may think you were just trying to correct his mistake, but you worded it in a way that seriously comes off as rude. Looking at your past posts in this topic most of them come off as arrogant or rude in some way. You can get off your point in a way that most won't see this way, and if you do people will be a LOT more willing to listen to your opinion.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice

I see nothing proving otherwise so clearly you are the one (idiot) who is posting nonsense. Do your research please. At least I have something supporting my statement, I got it from the mewtwo frame data thread go see for yourself.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo-frame-data-3-02.349436/page-2#post-16837554

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Bruh, you do go come off as antagonistic against M2 mains. It isn't from the ethos and logos, but the pathos. You try and use logos from your ethos, but it comes off as pathos in the end and arguing a topic like this with pathos isn't going to work for you. Victim complex? Ya'no.

Frost | Odds

but what he said is entirely true.
No. Just off the top of my head, Bowser, DK, Pikachu, Ganon can't buttgrab.

No. You may think you were just trying to correct his mistake, but you worded it in a way that seriously comes off as rude.
I did not. Zim/Man's collective victim complex is not my problem.

Looking at your past posts in this topic most of them come off as arrogant or rude in some way. You can get off your point in a way that most won't see this way
Apparently I can't, because I haven't been rude anywhere that I wasn't previously provoked. In this thread, I've universally been far more fair and polite than Man Li Gi (which, granted, isn't saying much), and pretty much everyone else who's constantly attacking me.

, and if you do people will be a LOT more willing to listen to your opinion.
Doubtful. The people here will continue insulting me regardless of my conduct. See the two posts directly above this one, for prime examples.

It's a shame you all are so consistently defensive, to the point that you feel the need to insult anyone who comes in here with a differing opinion. I hope you guys grow up at some point before the next patch, so we can have some actually useful discussion.

Last edited:

Mikarugi

Smash Rookie

Apparently I can't, because I haven't been rude anywhere that I wasn't previously provoked. In this thread, I've universally been far more fair and polite than Man Li Gi (which, granted, isn't saying much), and pretty much everyone else who's constantly attacking me.

Doubtful. The people here will continue insulting me regardless of my conduct. See the two posts directly above this one, for prime examples.

It's a shame you all are so consistently defensive, to the point that you feel the need to insult anyone who comes in here with a differing opinion. I hope you guys grow up at some point before the next patch, so we can have some actually useful discussion.
I'm not basing this off of just here, sure some people in this place were being rude, but you were also being rather rude back. There is no reason to be so confrontational back at them. Also, you were rather confrontational to me as well in the Charizard chat group, when I did absolutely nothing to insult you as well. You seem very confrontational and arrogant by nature and I don't think you realize this. Not trying to be rude here but it's something I've noticed over seeing you post and talking to you personally.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
You think you haven't been rude anywhere? I didn't want to have to go this far but lets see

Mewtwo destroys Roy if he has a clue what he's doing. Everything Roy does is unsafe on shield, there's no reason for m2 to ever let Roy hit him.
Right, because M2 has to ever let Roy get close enough to grab. =|

Do you know what a shadow ball is?

Proof only that you have no idea how to play M2. Not only do fsmash and dsmash have enormous, disjointed hitboxes, but teleclaw has more range than Wolf's blaster, and is near instant.

Well, Jesus - it's not like everyone's KO moves are weaker than Roy's.

Sort of, but m2's close range options beat Roy's (confusion, disable, HC Claw, utilt) and Roy doesn't have long range options - so he ALWAYS has to approach. Yeah, there's a very tiny spacing window where Roy has an advantage, but Mewtwo is so mobile as to render it moot.

If you play Mewtwo and think any matchup is difficult, you've got some problems.

I've learned the MU with about 7 different characters. I've always historically been a better player than my roommate, and continue to be his coach - yet I cannot consistently beat him with anyone now. I can barely even take 2/10 games. When I do, it's because of obvious blunders on his part.

I'm not a great player, but I'd like to emphasize that we both agree he's much worse: which is reflected when he plays Melee or Toon Link (which he's practiced a lot too) against me and gets demolished. Whether or not mewtwo is 'broken', I think it's beyond question that he's easily one of the strongest in the game.

Mewtwo isn't just a giant hurtbox - he's also a giant hitbox for whom every move is perfectly safe and every edgeguard is perfectly free, like if Marth had Fox's Shine.

He doesn't need gigantic nerfs, but either mobility options or the lag behind his moves need to be changed so that he can actually be punished for his mistakes. Making him a bit lighter so you can actually kill him with a hard read would be cool too.
Your first post in this was a somewhat hostile disagreement, then you go on and start calling people clueless and that they have problems... Also, not only are you rude here but in many of the general discussion forums. Please go hide in your shell and stick to the bowser forums.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

"I did not. Zim/Man's collective victim complex is not my problem."
"Doubtful. The people here will continue insulting me regardless of my conduct. See the two posts directly above this one, for prime examples."

I guess everyone should be as volatile as you are and constantly harangue anyone here who likes M2 right?
I wasn't feeling so insulted really as I can trudge through your pathos induced arguments, but I can't stand the sight of you attacking someone who even said he was OK with a nerf. He was so innocent and calm, yet you had to ruin it.

"Apparently I can't, because I haven't been rude anywhere that I wasn't previously provoked. In this thread, I've universally been far more fair and polite than Man Li Gi (which, granted, isn't saying much), and pretty much everyone else who's constantly attacking me."

"It's a shame you all are so consistently defensive, to the point that you feel the need to insult anyone who comes in here with a differing opinion. I hope you guys grow up at some point before the next patch, so we can have some actually useful discussion."
If your opinions weren't based off pathos....sure then. Victinicreate, GeZ, DMG, and Infinity, and even Wizkid came off as more reliable people than you.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Not flaming, no infraction needed for me to say @ Zimflare Zimflare you're being met with hostility because you offered some easily provably wrong information without testing it. It's just bad form to leave randomly wrong info on these boards. It's a think before you post thing.

And in regards to the hostility, it's a matter of humility. One of my first posts on here was me misnaming a Falco tech over and over again in a thread. I didn't know what I was talking about, yet I was consistently posting about a certain tech. Another player corrected me on it, in a kind of dry, sort of wry, way. It sucked to be wrong and feel stupid then, but I just thanked him for correcting me, and moved on.

But what you see really often now is that no one does that. No one thinks that people might be the slightest bit mad if someone comes into a characters section of a strategy based forum, without first having a reasonable grasp on what they're talking about, and making completely useless, dross posts. Even if you're scorned in being corrected, just take it on the chin, thank them and move on.

If you have the wherewithal to do that you'll improve as a poster in time. If you can't admit to mistakes based on lack of research you'll keep making semi useless posts. That's just the way of forum going.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Just to clear any confusion I never stated what I said as a pure fact, rather I said it without being completely sure. I said I am "pretty" sure that Marth and Roy are the only characters that could not grab people from behind them, I should have added if anyone knows for sure about this or something of that matter. However, what I said is yet to be proven wrong, and only thing that was said about my comment was that it was stupid and that it is easily provably wrong. My comment was not random but I had a source from which I got the idea. I linked the source but did not quote it because I did not want to bring the person who originally said it into this. Not only that, but I have found another source that I am sure you have all been to before: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Project_M#Melee_based_changes

Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 10.34.19 PM.png

Again, to clear any forward special that anyone may have, I did not say what I said to prove anyone wrong or to show that I am right in any way. Also I do not consider what a I said to be a "mistake," because again, I did not state it as a fact. I was not "flaming" because of what I said could be wrong(and I totally agree with that possibility, I am actually curios towards the characters can do this and the ones that can't), but because of the reply I received.

If anyone does know which characters can/can't grab from behind, feel free to say so as it will most likely be helpful to some people (myself included).

GeZ

Smash Lord
Well the characters Odds listed are fine examples, and a lot of characters can butt grab off of pivot grabs (Mario for instance) just because of how jank those are.

Frost | Odds

Just to clear any confusion I never stated what I said as a pure fact, rather I said it without being completely sure.
And yet you used your now-admittedly incomplete information as the basis of a personal attack:
I see nothing proving otherwise so clearly you are the one (idiot) who is posting nonsense.
...which you're still defending.

Whatever, dude.

Also, it seems like Tink can buttgrab off of pivot grabs, but only against some characters. IIRC it works on Ivysaur but not CF (or some other tall/skinny character).

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Well the characters Odds listed are fine examples, and a lot of characters can butt grab off of pivot grabs (Mario for instance) just because of how jank those are.
Luigi too. His is ridiculous.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Had never tried it with weegee. Makes sense since he's so jank though.
It was weird in Brawl too, but then when PM allowed buttgrabs again.....geez. PMBR then nerfed it.

Top Bottom