• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change your main's moveset!

Naptec

Smash Cadet
The rules are pretty simple:

- Take one (or more) aspect of your main's moveset (specials, aerials, throws, tilts, Smash, etc.)
- You can't take the move who's already here, it needs to be completly new (in term of gameplay)
- DON'T make them broken (please, don't be that guy)
- Have fun!
- PS: if you already did this with your main, you can take another character of your choice)

I'll start with my boy: :ultlink: (specials)

Neutral-B: Link takes his Sheikah Slate and use Polaris to take the nearest item and take it for himself. It can also take an item which's already in someone's hand (slow move)

Side-B: Another move using the Sheikah Slate: Cinetis. There a tilt version and a Smash version (a bit like the boomerang), which just changes the area of effect of the move. What is does is that it freezes the enemy (on the ground and in the air) for some seconds. Link can hit the target as much as he wants, and "choose" the knockback angle. You can mash out if you're the victim (and no, it's not a Roller-like mash time)

Up-B: Link uses the Revali's Gale, which makes him go up, then glides with his paraglider. He can have the paraglider for 5 seconds max in the air, and needs to be "recharged" by not using this move

Down-B: Counter time! Link uses the Daruk's Protection, which summons an red "ball" all around him. When someone hits the ball, the guy who sent the attack gets knocked away. It can also reflect projectiles. When used too much, the move won't come out, and you need to wait 30 seconds or lose your stock in order to have Daruk's Protection again

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I was just going to give Little Mac a jetpack, but fine, nothing broken, I’ll give a different character an alternate moveset.

Lemmy Koopa.

First off, I’m ditching the clown car. Lemmy is getting around by bouncing as he moves on his beach ball and has a Mario 3 style Koopa Ling Wand.

If I’m doing full Smash DLC level gimmick, this means when he moves on the ground, his left and right are reversed (unless hit with a confuse shroom, then he’s normal). Similarly he loses the ability to do anything but a sidestep dodge. This is balanced by his ability to do an aerial block in place of his aerial dodge (he retreats into his shell spinning around like in the air in mario 3. This can be toggled on and off while falling instead of a one and done shot.). Also like Yoshi his usual block is him retreating into his shell instead if the pink orb of block.

Honestly the gimmick isn’t necessary, but dlc characters tend to go that extra mile.

B Neutral: Wand shot: Shoots beach balls from the wand. Taken from mario 3/ new super mario bros wii. Can be held to shoot multiple beach balls at once.

B Down: Pipe: Drops a pipe down. Can drop up to five. Pipes are a bit wider than lemmy and about as tall as Pac man’s hydrant (and take as much damage before being sent away, doing fair damage, similar to Hydrant). Lemmy can retreat into a pipe and then use inputs to choose what pipe he comes out of, if anyone is standing on top or or next to the pipe lemmy comes out of, they take a lot of damage.). Taken from koopa ling fights in Mario World

B forward: Shell: think squirtle doing it. He does it too. But he’s got spikes and can jump and has physics closer to shell mario in the nsmb game. Taken from mario 3

B Up: Airship: a little airship skiff from mario 3 pops up, it’s got a little fire shooter for some damage to people below/behind him on the ground it, and Lemmy rides it up a bit to try to get back to the ledge.

Final Smash: Kamek powers Lemmy up, and the ball gets huuuuge. He runs everyone over. Like NSMB wii u. Only katamari like largez

Lemmy will attack by swinging his wand, his claws, his tail, the spikes of his shell, and even kicking his beach ball. He is Koopa Karnage.

Last edited:

Naptec

Smash Cadet
So does this mean that i cant change said move to function differently?
As long as it have a different function/works differently that before, it's fine (for example, if you keep Mario's Cape, it can't be a reflector, it must serve another purpose). Also, it needs to be at a different spot (keeping the same example of Mario's Cape, it can't be longer his side-B, it needs to go somewhere else in order to stay here

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Since :ultbowser: is my smash main...

His up-special has him curl into a ball and rams opponents, giving him a greater recovery.

His shield has been replaced by him hiding in his shell. When opponents land on him when he is hiding, they take a bit of damage, but don't stay in there too long.

His quick attack is the Sliding Haymaker, being quite powerful.

Also he can talk

Lines he can say in battle:

Up Taunt: Evil Laugh

Side Taunt: "Vengeance shall be mine"

Down Taunt: "I'm Ready to Rumble"

Star KO: "NOOOO"

Final Smash: "SHOWTIME"

That is all I got.

Dbombiallo

Smash Cadet
Kirby
I make his up smash the giant claws.
Replace his neutal air with needle and having it stick to the edge like ddds gordos.
Down tilt to the slide kick.
Make his up tilt to the stone punch.
Make his air gun his froward air.
His down air will be the drill with the first half of the move barring the opponent .
Spark for his down smash.
Make his grab with whip(sort'a like Luigi)
Forward smash would be parasol.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
:ultzss:
B- Tremble in fear of :ultridley: due to lingering PTSD
Side B - Mourn for Adam
Up B - SenseMove
Down B - Civilian Clothes

Final Smash: Anthony Higgs Zero Laser aka Higgs Laser on top of the Gunship as Zamus pilots the ship and fist bumps the air.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
:ultkirby:-Kirby
Neutral: Ball Roll
Side: Water Surf
Up: Tornado Ascent
Down: Leaf Twister
Final Smash: Star Allies Sparkler
--------------

:ultyoshi:-Yoshi
Neutral: Juice Spray
Side: Poochy Ride
Up: Dragon Wings
Down: Tongue Swing
Final Smash: Yoshi Mech (From the level "Go-Go Yoshi!" in Crafted World.)
---------------

:ultkingdedede:-King Dedede
Neutral: Missile Barrage
Side: Hammer Spin
Up: Clobber Copter (The one where he spins the axe like a propeller from Triple Deluxe.)
Down: Penguin Bounce (His attack from Epic Yarn where he curls up into a ball and starts bouncing around.)
Final Smash: Buff DeDeDe

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
:ultbowser:Bowser
Neutral: Fireball
Shoots a large fast moving fireball, think SMB3
Side: Hammer Throw
Lobs a hammer bro hammer in an arc
Up: Bowser Jump
Shoots upward similar to how bowser jumps back to the platform when you throw him off the arena in SM64
Down: Minion Toss
Throws out one of his minions, each one behaves differently other than they charge at you and all disappear after 30 seconds
Goombas can be killed by jumping on or punching them
if you jump on or punch koopas they turn into a koopa shell
Paratroopas jump around and take an extra hit
Dry Bones behave like koopas but only fall apart if you hit or jump on them before reforming

Final Smash: Airship Attack
Bowser jumps onto his airship in the backround which then shoots a barrage of bullet bills

oh yeah he also no longer sounds like godzilla before he takes his cough drops

Last edited:
Top Bottom