• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Change a character's Classic Mode theme

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Not happy with certain characters' Classic Mode themes or just wanna see something different? Lay down your ideas here. Keep in mind that this is just changing the theme of a character's Classic Mode route; doing the revised route in its entirety is optional.

Without further ado:
  • :ultdaisy:: In Search of a Superstar (fights every Mario series character)
  • :ultfalco:: Attitude Adjustment (fights characters with some kind of attitude)
  • :ultlucina:: The Broken Future (fights characters on stages that resemble different time periods)
  • :ultchrom:: No Time for Negotiations (fights kings or leaders who take battles into their own hands)
  • :ultgnw:: A Long Legacy (fights characters from the Switch era to the NES/Famicom era)
  • :ultolimar:: Pick on Your Own Size (fights big characters or Giant versions of other characters)
  • :ulttoonlink:: Corageous Quartet (fights characters in groups of four with three other Toon Links)
  • :ultgreninja:: Master of the Shadows (fights characters who specialize in stealth or fights brawnier opponents with its stealthy tactics)
  • :ultrobin:: Tactician Magician (fights characters who parallel ALL of Robin's tomes)
  • :ultcloud:: In It for the Money (fights all of Smash 4's DLC characters, save for himself)
  • :ulthero:: A Heroic Legacy (fights characters from JRPG's in general)
  • :ultbanjokazooie:: Class of 64 (fights characters in battles based on N64 games)
  • :ultbyleth:: Let the Lesson Begin! (Fights characters in battles based on FE gameplay mechanics)
  • :ultminmin: At ARMS' Length (Fights characters with slowly increasing range)
  • :ultsteve:: An Unlikely Icon (Fights characters from best-selling video games)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That was for revising routes entirely. This one's just for suggesting different themes.
thats a very slight difference but none the less heres an idea: how about for isabelle she fights characters based around various AC activities

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
:ultpyra: should've been more split personality based. They had Round 1 right with :ultzelda::ultsheik: but then the rest were hero/evil double types. I would've preferred it as:

Round 2: :ultlink::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:
Round 3: :ultmario::ultdoc:
Round 3: :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:
Round 4: :ultvillager::ultvillagerf:
Round 5: :ultpichu::ultpikachu: (Playing on the fan theory that Brawl's Pikachu was Melee's Pichu)
Round 6: :ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultbyleth::ultbylethf:
Boss: The hands.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
:ultsnake: (A Surprise Sneakup)
Nothing special just a brawl with all the third party characters, including a ratholos at the end

1. Sonic (Green Hill)
2. Ryu (210 hp stamina battle)
3. Mega Man (Wily Castle)
4. Team Corrin (x10)
5. Bayonetta
6. Dracula assisted by Richter and Simon
7. Rathalos

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
:ultsnake: (A Surprise Sneakup)
Nothing special just a brawl with all the third party characters, including a ratholos at the end

1. Sonic (Green Hill)
2. Ryu (210 hp stamina battle)
3. Mega Man (Wily Castle)
4. Team Corrin (x10)
5. Bayonetta
6. Dracula assisted by Richter and Simon
7. Rathalos
Why is Corrin in it?

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I'll redesign Sonic's Classic Mode to represent more of his games, rather than just four of them.
RoundOpponentsStageNotes
1:ultdoc:(red alt):greenhill:References Sonic 1 and his meeting with Dr. Eggman
2:ultbrawler:(dressed as Knuckles)Temple (omega)References Sonic 3 & Knuckles, what with the misunderstanding and fight with Knuckles and omega Temple being used to reference Angel Island
3:ultgreninja:(giant)
(stamina)
Fourside (omega)References the final boss of Sonic Adventure; the battle is fought with stamina, as Sonic isn't much of a heavy hitter, something that made the original round harder
4:ultkirby:(blue alt)
:ultkirby:(yellow alt)
:ultkirby:(red alt)
:halberd:References Sonic Heroes, its three character types, and its last two stages; same as before
5:ultsonic:(black alt)
:ultwolf:
Prism TowerReferences the Werehog from Sonic Unleashed; the game's day/night theme is alluded to with the stage choice
6:ultincineroar:Windy HillReferences Zavok from Sonic Lost World; only difference here is that he's at normal size
Bonus GameI wish they brought back Race to the Finish
Final RoundGalleomThe Ruined HallNot a reference to a specific game, but Sonic regularly takes down robots, so I think it fits better than Master Hand

I'll also do Wario's. For his, as the Wario Land games are based around treasure hunting and stealing valuable objects, I'll base it around opponents who have/are associated with such possessions. The mode's new name is "Mine! Mine! Mine!"

RoundsOpponentsStageNotes
1:ultdk:
:ultkrool:
(free-for-all)
:pirateship:DK's treasured banana hoard is stolen by K. Rool in multiple games, with the stage being Pirate Ship to reference their first battle; food in the form of bananas is scattered around the stage
2:ultkirby:
:ultkingdedede:
(free-for-all)
Dream Land GB (Castle Dedede only)References the plot of Kirby's Dream Land, where the land's food supply is stolen by King Dedede; food, though not limited to a specific type this time, is littered across the stage
3:ultpit:
:ultpalutena:
:skyworld:An allusion to the Three Sacred Treasures; though Pit doesn't use them for his Final Smash anymore, the Smash Ball has a higher chance of spawning
4:ultsonic::greenhill:Obviously, this is a reference to the Chaos Emeralds; the Smash Ball is still more likely to spawn
5:ultganondorf:(followed by Ganon)Ganon's CastleThe Triforce is a major, recurring plot point of the Zelda series and Ganondorf uses his piece to turn into Ganon
6:ultpeach:(giant, yellow alt)
:ultmario:(if too much time is wasted)
Princess Peach's CastleThis is a callback to the first Wario Land game, where Wario attempts to collect and cash in a giant gold statue of Princess Peach; if not defeated in time, Mario will appear to help her, referencing how he stole the statue from Wario
Bonus Game
Final Round:ultmario:(fought in three phases: giant, Bunny Hood, and Superspicy Curry)Dracula's Castle (boss version)Based on the final boss of Super Mario Land 2, Wario's debut, but with the roles reversed

Edit: I know Sonic’s kinda goes against the rules and should belong on the other thread, but I felt it would be a little easier to post this and Wario’s new mode here instead.

Last edited:
Ice Climbers Classic Mode route redesign
Retro Mania!

It has theme of NES Retro charactes, who were rejected or added into the Roster:

Round 1: :ultwario: (Red alt) on :mariocircuit: (Omega Form) - ExciteBike (Rejected)

Round 2: :ultduckhunt: on [Duck Hunt] - Duck Hunt (Is in the Roster)

Round 3: :ultvillager: on [Balloon Fight] - Balloon Fighter (Rejected)

Round 4: :ultpit: on :skyworld: - Pit (In the Roster)

Round 5: :ultfalcon: (Blue alt) on :porttown: - Mach Rider (Rejected)

Round 6: :ultrob: on Wrecking Crew - ROB (In the Roster)

Bonus Game: Same as in smash.

Final round: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on FD - Super Smash Bros. Melee, where Ice Climbers debuted. (Melee is not NES game, but it references their Debut on Smash Title)

Top Bottom