• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chance to get Mii's fully legalize at Genesis 3. Voice your opinion in the link.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Hello everyone! Wii Twerk Trainer here! One of the best Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Gunner mains. I got the chance to talk to one of the people in charge of Genesis 3. I talked to him with the issue regarding Mii's. He told me that they haven't gotten the chance to get on that yet, because they have other things to handle first. I told him about everything why Mii's with their alternative moves legalized is good for the meta and it doesn't break balance or make it unfair to other fighters. I used MLG as an example. Being a recent national that legalized Miis with their alt moves. Miis didn't have much of an impact at all. People still used the same characters, while Miis were almost entirely ignored. If Miis were as broken or unfair as the anti mii people claimed. Why didn't Miis dominate MLG? He told me he would get back to me in November about Miis and that they will go with their own rules. He did say he isn't opposed to Miis having their alt moves, but he wants to hear the arguments from both sides first. Mii lovers this is your chance to voice your opinion on Miis. This tournament can possibly allow Miis to become standardized if they legalize them here. We must send as much support as possible. The more support they see, the more likely they'll allow them. I was gonna go all Male-Wii Fit at Genesis 3, but will surely use Mii Gunner, if Mii's were fully legal there.

Heres where to contact them regarding Mii's: hello@genesisgaming.gg

Explain why Miis are healthy for the meta and why allowing them with their alternative moves isn't a bad thing. It's part of their gimmick and the Mu of Miis isn't that hard to learn. Also use MLG as an example, because it was a recent national that legalized them. Let's do our best to get them legalized please. This will be so amazing if it happens! :) #FreeMiis

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I'll make sure to shoot these guys an email. It's great to hear that they're open to hearing the opinions of the people. I also think that us pro-Mii people care a lot more about the rulings than anyone against us, so this could be very good for us (:

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
OMG yes this would make my day. I'm definitely gonna shoot them an email.

I also think that us pro-Mii people care a lot more about the rulings than anyone against us, so this could be very good for us (:
After surveying the opinion of my local scene, I'm inclined to agree with you. I know it's not good data practice to extrapolate my relatively small sample's data to the entire scene, but most people don't really seem to care one way or the other, with a very vocal minority being opposed to Mii freedom and a bit larger minority in favor of it. We'll need all of us to speak out if we're gonna get this done, so SPREAD THE WORD!

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Anyone happen to know the names of the people in charge of rules for Genesis 3? I've been in the competitive scene for years and have known the people behind Genesis 1 & 2 and could talk to them on a more personal level if I know them on a professional Smash TO level. Combined with the obvious facts surrounding Mii used in tournaments and my expert level of philosophical rulecrafting I think it will come down to scruples and principles on their part like all the TO's in the past. I am sure they are of greater constitution than those TOs of Paragon who were going to allow Mii fully until deciding to back down after just a minority of higher level competitors complained about it (kudos to Chibo for not backing down after the same minority of same competitors tried to use argument of authority again).
We've got all the strongest reasons to support the Mii fighters and the competitive spirit drives us; victory against vocal minority is imminent.
Welcome to the #Miivolution.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I just sent them an email advocating for the MLG rules with a few additions (no costumes/headgear, names must match moves). I gave them the reasons for it and sent them a few links showing that the community favors Miigality. I hope this works out for us.

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
Anyone happen to know the names of the people in charge of rules for Genesis 3? I've been in the competitive scene for years and have known the people behind Genesis 1 & 2 and could talk to them on a more personal level if I know them on a professional Smash TO level. Combined with the obvious facts surrounding Mii used in tournaments and my expert level of philosophical rulecrafting I think it will come down to scruples and principles on their part like all the TO's in the past. I am sure they are of greater constitution than those TOs of Paragon who were going to allow Mii fully until deciding to back down after just a minority of higher level competitors complained about it (kudos to Chibo for not backing down after the same minority of same competitors tried to use argument of authority again).
We've got all the strongest reasons to support the Mii fighters and the competitive spirit drives us; victory against vocal minority is imminent.
Welcome to the #Miivolution.
The smash.gg page for Genesis 3 (https://smash.gg/tournament/genesis-3) has twitter links to the tournament admins, if that's what you were looking for.

Last edited:

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
I should probably mention: I did actually end up sending that email a few days back. Fingers crossed! :grin:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Turns out I know a couple of the tourney admins, they are pretty good people and Smashers who just want the best tournament ever. Pretty sure if there's a way to make everyone happy they will be able to do that. I sent Boback a message asking what we could do for the Mii.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Now that the TOs have been announced with DC and Bear leading Smash 4, we should do what we can to help make sure Miis are legalized! Politely show your support and wishes for them to be allowed at the event. Their Twitter handles are @ShowdownDC and @BearUNLV

Looking forward to meeting you all at Genesis, I should be there!

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Now that the TOs have been announced with DC and Bear leading Smash 4, we should do what we can to help make sure Miis are legalized! Politely show your support and wishes for them to be allowed at the event. Their Twitter handles are @ShowdownDC and @BearUNLV

Looking forward to meeting you all at Genesis, I should be there!
Sadly, both are against Mii's with their alt moves. Even with support, they'll still say no :(

T0MMY

Smash Master
I am calling them out for their scrubbery.
Atrocities happen in this world, I accept that. But those who cause such atrocities will be held accountable.

#Miivolution

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
It's a never ending cycle.

Major tournament D runs 1111D Miis because Majors A, B, and C all did it, and they just want to be "consistent".

Major tournament E then runs 1111D Miis because previous majors B, C, and D all did it, and they just want to be "consistent".

Major tournament F then runs 1111D Miis because previous majors C, D, and E all did it, and they just want to be "consistent".

Argumentum ad nauseam...

THE STATUS QUO IS NOT A BINDING CONTRACT.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
It's almost entirely certain that everyone who contacted them about Miis was in favor of freed specials. No one else really cares. They just completely disregarded all of the fans who care enough about Smash to do something about it. I won't be watching. Not even Melee.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
The only reason they banned free Mii's, is to cater to the top players sadly. Top players complain and get loud... Fans of top players follow and complain now., cause their idol said so. It's pretty pathetic honestly

/|Sawtooth/|

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sawtooth_Raven
3DS FC
0001-3486-5335
The only reason they banned free Mii's, is to cater to the top players sadly. Top players complain and get loud... Fans of top players follow and complain now., cause their idol said so. It's pretty pathetic honestly
This kind of top-player kissup is bar-none the worst thing about the Sm4sh community. Period.

I'm a fan of a couple of top players in the scene, but I certainly don't treat their word as gospel. They are no less human nor any less prone to fallacy than anyone else.

If top players are as good as the rabid sections of their fanbases claim they are, then they should have no trouble at all handling the subtle MU differences caused by the only partially variable movesets of one low-end high tier and two mid/low tier fighters - which, by the way, not many people use to begin with - out of a soon-to-be 56 character roster, especially if sizes are standardized to default.

Got your rear-end handed to you by Helicopter Kick or Gunner's projectile wall? Learn the base matchup just like any other fighter, plain and simple. Find Mii mains to practice with; they will gladly take the opportunity to use their often oppressed character in a competitive setting. Deal. With. It.

I get destroyed by Captain Falcons, Little Macs, and Rosalumas on a regular basis, but I still gladly play the game in the same tournaments as them. Their presence hasn't remarkably detracted from my positive experience with the game.

Like it or not, Sm4sh doesn't entirely operate by the same conventions of any other Smash game. There's already plenty of new gimmicks that Sm4sh has thrown into the mix. Shulk can literally alter his attributes mid-fight, Ryu has a comparatively massive moveset, Cloud will be able to charge up has attacks and greatly amplify them on command, and these are all apparently A-OK depsite not having any sort of precedent set by any other Smash game. Yet, heaven forbid a character change up a few special moves and introduce one last nuance into the game. Even then, the incredibly vast majority of players use almost identical movesets, changing up only one or, in rare cases, two moves from the commonly preferred movesets, so the effects of these nuances shouldn't cause that much of a disturbance if you've taken the time to learn their moves just as you would any other fighter in the game.

The rules of the game have changed. Players can certainly change alongside of it.

But who am I kidding, I'm preaching to the choir here...

I just wish I was better at defending the characters that I so deeply care for in the face of true opposition, especially since I'm basically fighting a one-man battle in my region since I'm the only Mii main that I know of in the area. I'm not giving up, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little bit disheartened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom