• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Champion of the Sinnoh Pokémon League, Cynthia Accepts Your Challenge!! Cynthia for Ultimate

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I mean the bangs over one of their eyes should give the similarities away.
True. Why, there's even more that they seem to share. Same hair color (Platinum blonde), similar hairstyles (Long, flowing hair with a huge bang covering one eye), similar personalities (Mysterious kind-hearted beauties), and they both went on to be (arguably) one of the most popular female characters in their franchises. Heck, they even debuted in the mid-to-late 2000's.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
True. Why, there's even more that they seem to share. Same hair color (Platinum blonde), similar hairstyles (Long, flowing hair with a huge bang covering one eye), similar personalities (Mysterious kind-hearted beauties), and they both went on to be (arguably) one of the most popular female characters in their franchises. Heck, they even debuted in the mid-to-late 2000's.
Never taken Cynthia as the mysterious kind, then again never played any of the later Pokemon games. I do know she's an archaeologist however.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Never taken Cynthia as the mysterious kind, then again never played any of the later Pokémon games. I do know she's an archaeologist however.
Really? Honestly, she always seemed to (IMO) carry this 'air' of mystery about her that REALLY gives off Rosalina-like vibes to me. ESPECIALLY in her debut game(s), where you end up encountering her multiple times throughout D/P/P's stories. To me, she kept coming off as far more knowledgeable about the Pokémon world's mysteries than you would expect a person in the Pokémon world to be.

Granted, she IS an archeologist, but still. I can't deny that there was just something about her in her debut game. I won't lie, there was a time when I was younger and I kind of thought SHE was one of D/P/P's antagonists (Silly, I know).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really? Honestly, she always seemed to (IMO) carry this 'air' of mystery about her that REALLY gives off Rosalina-like vibes to me. ESPECIALLY in her debut game(s), where you end up encountering her multiple times throughout D/P/P's stories. To me, she kept coming off as far more knowledgeable about the Pokémon world's mysteries than you would expect a person in the Pokémon world to be.

Granted, she IS an archeologist, but still. I can't deny that there was just something about her in her debut game. I won't lie, there was a time when I was younger and I kind of thought SHE was one of D/P/P's antagonists (Silly, I know).
The only 'air' I had from her is when I first seen her I thought she was a villain apparently. Her appearance really gave it off with the black she wears. Again I never played the games where she was in and only based it off how she looked.

Looks can be so deceiving. Who knew underneath that villain-like exterior (Facial expressions at times especially didn't help) is a kind-hearted beauty. xD

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The only 'air' I had from her is when I first seen her I thought she was a villain apparently. Her appearance really gave it off with the black she wears. Again I never played the games where she was in and only based it off how she looked.

Looks can be so deceiving. Who knew underneath that villain-like exterior (Facial expressions at times especially didn't help) is a kind-hearted beauty. xD
Exactly! I know I might get a bit flack for this, but when I first saw Cynthia in 2006(?) or so, I genuinely thought SHE was Team Galactic's leader, or at the very least, one of D/P/P's main antagonists.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Exactly! I know I might get a bit flack for this, but when I first saw Cynthia in 2006(?) or so, I genuinely thought SHE was Team Galactic's leader, or at the very least, one of D/P/P's main antagonists.
I thought she may have even had some association with Team Rocket or very least some other unknown organization.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I thought she may have even had some association with Team Rocket or very least some other unknown organization.
Personally, I felt that if Cynthia WASN'T Team Galactic's leader, then she was more of an 'independent party' who was simply letting Team Galactic go about their business, and her goal simply overlapped with whatever they wanted. Thus, whatever she was looking for that they found first, she'd take from under their noses.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I gotta say, the best thing about these gen 4 remakes is all the new cynthia art
Also: I MUST HAVE THIS!!!!!!!
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't been seeing MORE Chibi-Cynthia art. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that I haven't been seeing MORE Chibi-Cynthia art. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places...?
There is a fair bit on twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its been a full day, i can share some more art. Have you guys seen this person's Cynthia art? Some of the best out there.

There are a lot more but i wonder if they may be too much here? No nudity or amytbing just sportsware and skin...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Its been a full day, i can share some more art. Have you guys seen this person's Cynthia art? Some of the best out there.

There are a lot more but i wonder if they may be too much here? No nudity or amytbing just sportsware and skin...
Yeah you may wanna be careful, also it might be best if you start putting all this art inside spoiler tags

smashkirby

Smash Hero
There is a fair bit on twitter.
Wow, I guess I HAVE been looking in the wrong places, this chibi-Cynthia art is so good! Still though, I hope the official artwork for the remake doesn't totally adhere to the chibi-look, and actually uses their correct proportions.

Can I also just say that I totally LOVE the first piece of fanart there with Chibi-Cynthia and her ancestor?

There are a lot more but i wonder if they may be too much here? No nudity or anything just sportswear and skin...
Wow, these are really good! Though, I do understand your hesitation, so I'd say the spoiler tag was the right way to go.

Hey, do you all think Cynthia's battle will be made easier? I've heard some discourse over that, considering how supposedly easy Pokémon games have become in recent memory.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wow, I guess I HAVE been looking in the wrong places, this chibi-Cynthia art is so good! Still though, I hope the official artwork for the remake doesn't totally adhere to the chibi-look, and actually uses their correct proportions.

Can I also just say that I totally LOVE the first piece of fanart there with Chibi-Cynthia and her ancestor?

Wow, these are really good! Though, I do understand your hesitation, so I'd say the spoiler tag was the right way to go.

Hey, do you all think Cynthia's battle will be made easier? I've heard some discourse over that, considering how supposedly easy Pokémon games have become in recent memory.
Glad you liked the art! Im sure more will show up as we see more of the game and get closer.

As for her fight, even if they use the OG diamond and pearl stats(where their BAse stats were higher then a normal pokemon can get), her fight will be easier because of 1 thing: fairy type pokemon exist now. Gardevoir, togekiss, and azumarril for example are going to be strong counters to her

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Glad you liked the art! Im sure more will show up as we see more of the game and get closer.

As for her fight, even if they use the OG diamond and pearl stats(where their BAse stats were higher then a normal pokemon can get), her fight will be easier because of 1 thing: fairy type pokemon exist now. Gardevoir, togekiss, and azumarril for example are going to be strong counters to her
I wonder if they’ll give her Garchomp Poison Jab or Iron Head to compensate

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's primarily what I've been hearing. That now that Fairy-types are a thing, her Garchomp and Spiritomb (to name a few) are both significantly easier to deal with or something.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Figured I’d share some art too.

Also smashkirby smashkirby could you please delete the Twitter links from zferolie’s posts you quoted just to make the thread easier to load?
As usual, she gives off such an air of superiority... Say, have any of you been coming across discussion regarding Cynthia in Smash? No joke, I've been seeing folks support the idea of her lately. I know, it's because of the Sinnoh remakes, but it's neat to see.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
New cynthia art from the best cynthia fanartist. Say hello to team rocket cynthia

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What do you guys think Cynthia was like growing up?
Uh... I... can't really see the tweet you're trying to post. Like, SmashBoards says it can't display it at the moment.

However, if that tweet is what I think it is, then I myself actually commented on it a few days ago, saying that instead of Legends: Arceus, we should have gotten a Sinnoh remake companion game that pretty much covers Cynthia's start as a Pokémon Trainer and ends with her becoming the Sinnoh champion.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
The girl in the bodysuit is showing more skin than the one flashing a literal thong?
I was talking about her Alt, with the short short and tube top. if you really think its too much i can remove it...

Top Bottom