• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching REBUILD - Delzethin Revisits Geno

i'm going to sleep right after this article gets published.jpg

With Min Min out and no news about the next DLC character in sight, things have been pretty up in the air about who's going to make it into Smash next. Amidst all of this, Delzethin has gone back and revisited one of his earliest moveset concepts with a new spin on the character.

Rather than the more long-range keep-away approach that he took with his first take on the character, Delzethin's newer moveset concept envisions Geno as a mid-range footsies-based character, with a strong focus on careful spacing and precision pokes.

As with many Geno moveset concepts, this one has an action command mechanic associated with it, based on the timed hits of Super Mario RPG and the action commands of the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series. Most of his moves, a handful of exceptions, have a timed input associated with them that increase their damage, knockback and in some cases range, at the cost of having additional endlag.

Delzethin also notes that Fighter Pass 2 may be the best chance Geno has ever had of making it into Smash. We've already seen a clear pattern of Sakurai revisiting and revising old concepts that didn't make the cut in past games - including the return of every past Smash character in Ultimate, including fighters cut from Brawl and Smash 3DS/Wii U, the return of most past stages and the addition of Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo after over a decade of requests. It just so happens that not only is Geno in the same camp as those other four characters, but Sakurai has also voiced an interest in including him in Smash.

Author's Note: How do you think Geno would play in Smash? Who do you think will be the next DLC character? Let us know in the comments.

Scribe

Comments

Looking back a little, and im just so glad its not twintelle, of course i knew it wouldnt be, the main character always comes first...

Besides the fans wanting this character, I still can tell Sakurai would be pleased to add this character he's been wanting to get his hands on for a long time. ;)

Does anyone else have trouble listening to the video because of the narrator’s over the top voice modulation?

I hope this doesn’t come across as mean - curious if this is just a “me” thing

A timing mechanic would fit perfectly with Geno's character and would be interesting. Also am a fan of SMRPG so that's a double plus for me.

Top Bottom