• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab percentage caps?

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Since sheik is my secondary alongside Rosalina, I think it would be useful if we all knew the maximum percentage with sheik's chaingrab, untilit stops working.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
Sheik doesnt have a CG, no character does, in smash 4 you can only regrab after a second after either a grab release or a throw
Unless you meant sheik's psuedo CG, which is extremely unreliable, in which case the percent where it works at is under around 30 ish if they don't know what to do (I've gotten it to work on my friend's DK up to about 60, but he learned out how to get out of it fast)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik's regrab in sm4sh is kinda not that good in the first place. It was hyped in the 3DS days and the early wiiu days, but people quickly realized going for fair strings is a lot better cuz the dthrow uair regrabs were kinda unreliable. That being said, at some point I used to do it a lot but mainly only against heavies, and it works on them up until 55-65%. I'm actually under the belief that it's kinda good but only against heavies, not any other character. I just haven't really gotten much time to test it or anything.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
The chain grab is purely a mix-up now, after the nerf U-air got. That said, it is a good mixup. If you usually go for a F-throw -> Bouncing fish at low percents, your opponent will come to expect that and just accept the damage, not making an attempt to escape. Thus, they don't anticipate the chain grab and you get free damage before finishing with a F-throw to BF.

But ANYWAY, I don't think this is really worth investigating, seeing as how unreliable the chain grab is. Usually it stops working around 25-35%, which is something I'd generalise for all characters, give or take depending on weight.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
ok thanks just thought I ask because I've been neglecting the sheik boards a bit I decided to go on them after the mewtwo patch, sorry for wasting your time.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
ok thanks just thought I ask because I've been neglecting the sheik boards a bit I decided to go on them after the mewtwo patch, sorry for wasting your time.
No problem. If you wanted you could test what percentages short-hop -> U-air stops connecting on all characters. It's not something urgent but still cool if you wanted to do something with the chaingrab. Up to you.

GHOST4700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MeatloafLP794
Yh I'll try and do something like that with what the "chaingrab" percentage caps are if anyone will appreciate it.

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
The chain grab is purely a mix-up now, after the nerf U-air got. That said, it is a good mixup. If you usually go for a F-throw -> Bouncing fish at low percents, your opponent will come to expect that and just accept the damage, not making an attempt to escape. Thus, they don't anticipate the chain grab and you get free damage before finishing with a F-throw to BF.

But ANYWAY, I don't think this is really worth investigating, seeing as how unreliable the chain grab is. Usually it stops working around 25-35%, which is something I'd generalise for all characters, give or take depending on weight.
Excuse my ignorance, but when did Up Air get nerfed?

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Excuse my ignorance, but when did Up Air get nerfed?
Patch 1.0.4. (3DS) I think. Really weakened the spiking effect of the U-air multi-hits. It hits fewer times as well.

Top Bottom