• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[CH] Geneva Brawl Garden 3 - 30/07->01/08 -100+ people limit

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Geneva Brawl Garden 3

YESH Zudenka and Kudemo's third tournament, which still takes place in Geneva, Switzerland.
As planned, this one is aiming 100+ players.

Hosts
-Kudemo
-Zudenka
-Saï
-neXus
-Skeezoh
and probably me as a help

When ?
30th & 31st of July.

The date is now 100% confirmed, rules also updated. No infos yet if the price changed.[/U].

Price ?
Entry fee : 5 CHF (=3.2 Euros)
Singles : 8 CHF (5.3 Euros)
Doubles : 8 CHF (5.3 Euros)

CASH PRIZE:
singles:
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

doubles:
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 15%
4th 10%

Schedule :
Friday
- Middle Tier* tournament
- Low Tier crews

Saturday
- 2vs2
- 1vs1 pools
- France/Switzerland crews**

Sunday
- 1vs1 brackets
- Freeplay

* : Allowed characters will be from the lastest tier list.

** : If there is enough time and if there is other foreigners, we'll try to have 1 or 2 more crew battles.

Where ?
Centre oecuménique des Avanchets
17 rue du Grand-Bay
1220, les Avanchets

Note : This place is a parish. (Zudenka calls it Avanchets' Church)
It has no showers.

How to get there ?

•From the Cornavin train station
Map : http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7837/gbgiitrajetgarel.jpg

By tramway. A ticket costs 3 CHF (don't forget to change, you can pay in Euros in most places of Geneva (though you get paid off in CHF), but you can't in a bus. It'd be too bad to have to pay a 100 CHF fine bill. :/)

Go through the main hall of the Geneva station (in which you can see a kiosk, a bakery and stuff), and take the exit which is on the right side of escalators.
Once outside, on your right, you should see the tramway. Take tramway 14 or 16, heading to Avanchets. The venue is on that station.
Someone will be waiting for you and will lead you to the venue.

•From the airport
Map : http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3417/gbgiitrajetaroport.jpg

When you arrive, you'll notice a machine in which you can take a free TPG ticket for 90minutes.
Once you're here, head on the right (in front of a café), you'll notice turnstile-like spinning glass doors.
Once outside, go straight forwards and you'll be on a bus stop. Take Bus 10, heading to Onex-cité, and then stop once you reach the De Joint-Ville bus stop.

Then, as for people coming from the train station, someone will lead you to the venue from there.

Housing
As the tournament is 2 days long, you can sleep in the venue. A separate room will be available for that.
Bring your own sleeping bag !

Still, that room will not be huge enough to allow everyone to sleep there, so we'll be trying to get a new room for that.
If we can't, players who are not from Geneva will have priority to be able to sleep in that room.

Food & Drink
Bringing your own sandwiches or drinks is allowed. There's a kitchen in the venue, with two fridges. We'll just ask you to keep that place clean.

If you didn't bring anything, the Balexert mall is nearby. It opens at 9:00AM and closes at 7:00PM on Saturday, and is closed on Sunday.

So, on sunday, you can go to filling stations near the Terroux bus stop (Esso and Migrol) if you need something.

If you're afraid to get lost, don't hesitate about asking a TO to lead you to these places.

There's a McDonald's too, open until 10:00PM.

Rules
Pools : Best of 3 / 3 stocks / 8 minutes

Brackets : Double Elimination / Best of 3 (GF will be bo5) / 3 stocks / 8 minutes

2vs2 : No pools, double elimination / FF ON / Best of 3 / 3 stocks / 8 minutes

Stage banning is allowed.
Stalling is forbidden.
MK's infinite cape glitch is forbidden.
Dave's stupid rule is on. (You can't cp a stage on which you already won during a set, except if your opponent agrees.)
Standing regrabbing after a grab release is strictly forbidden.

Stages Neutres :

* Final Destination
* BattleField
* Smash Ville
* Yoshi's Island
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks :

* Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Place Delfino
* Frigate Orphéon
* Lylat Cruise
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Norfair
* Jungle Japes

First match :
Stage striking with starters.
Then the looser chooses his CP.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Luigi Player and me will come if it's the week after Bushido. That'd be by far the best week so PLEASE make it there, we will most likely not come on any other date.

Edit: We'll need housing (especially for me since a shower is mandatory for me).

:059:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
meh i dun think ill go to this probably can't afford 3 trips this summer

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
WTF another Tournament .___.

So now we have:
Bushido Brawl Impact - Paris - 23.7 to 24.7
Geneva Brawl Garden 3 - Geneva, Swizz - 30.7 to 31.7
Braul in Berlin - Berlin - 13.8 to 15.8

There is also planned HoT Summer Days in Hamburg this summer, but atm there is nothing more then a thread and I think it be canceled soon.

Anyway, 3 tournaments are already A LOT and I could see this a big problem for mine, since it will have the least amount of Top Players I think, there are already Germans which think about going to bushido but not having enough money for mine ;___;

Anyway good luck, I may be interested in this, especially when the date will be the 21-22th.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
just looked at the OP and .. rules are horrible.

no stage striking? only starters in teams? really stupid stages like LM? ****, that sucks.

I dunno yet if I'll go to this or the tourney in germany, I'll try to go to both but it's kinda difficult ( I'm going to bushido for sure).

btw there will also be an europan tournament in spain but we'll do it after summer.

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
Tournament combo, spanish players will be very interested if there are housing between 25/7 and 30/7
Interested

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed for me =D !
Bbi + 1 week smashfest + GBGIII = epic week !

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Jujux WUT
1 WEEK SMASHFEST WUT
Might be, at Charby's.

Also, the trains ticket are not 20€ worth anymore, because Zudenka and Kudemo didn't hurry on announcing the date, renting the venue and stuff, as I told them to -_-

Now they still haven't given any news, and the tickets rose to 39€...

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Is the date now confirmed or not ?

As the venue didn't change, I just copied-pasted the GBG2 post, so I don't know yet if anything else will change. Also, the date is not yet 100% confirmed, as Zudenka is hesitating to move that tournament to the 21-22th of August because of Berlin's tournament. But he told me he might have the confirmation of the date this evening.

Maze95

Smash Rookie
Might be, at Charby's.

Also, the trains ticket are not 20€ worth anymore, because Zudenka and Kudemo didn't hurry on announcing the date, renting the venue and stuff, as I told them to -_-

Now they still haven't given any news, and the tickets rose to 39€...
Link?^^ for the Ticket =O

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Zudenka said on Storm Armada's chatbox that the venue was free for these dates, but didn't say if they rented it or not...

He also confirmed that the rules are going to be changed (stages, etc).

Link?^^ for the Ticket =O
http://www.voyages-sncf.com/

From Paris to "Genève", it's 39€ right now (for one way), if you leave on July 29th at 3PM.

EDIT : Date is now 100% confirmed ! Zudenka is also trying to see if they can have sunday morning too, but right now Friday and Saturday are confirmed !

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
ok, We'll try to leave late sunday in case there's something on sunday we don't miss it xD

now I need housing in Paris for a week along with other smashers, anyone could house us ? D:

I'll post a list of the spanish interested in doing this combo later

edit: new rules are way better but I'm still surprised at teams having only starters D:

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Oooops, important update !

Kudemo announced that they'll be using the room where we slept last time as venue, so for now there's no guarantee we'll have enough room for everyone to sleep. Stay tuned.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Update on rules.
Norfair is back.
Jungles Japes is back.
RC is back.

CPs allowed in teams.

Also, for housing, there will definitely not enough place to house everyone before the tournament, so Kudemo is trying to get the venue opened on thursday night, but not sure he will.
Otherwise, Zudenka showed me youth hostelling around Geneva train stations.
http://www.genevahostel.ch/en/prices.html
http://www.cityhostel.ch/english/rooms.html

Looks like it costs ~22€ for a night.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Yo guys, I'm very interested in this tournament. Will be my first Geneva Brawl Garden. Will be fun.

Achoral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Achoral
Update.
-Schedule is ready.
-Tournament will last 3 days, not 2.
-Middle tier tournament. (Allowed characters : C, D and E tiers, from Pit to Bowser included)
-Euros aren't allowed anymore. You can change in most of Swiss banks, though. (Note: in malls, most of the shops accept euros, but give you back the change in CHF)

About housing :
-The venue will be open for 15 people only on the night from Thursday to Friday.
Zudenka still leads us to these hotels :

Youth Hostel : http://www.genevahostel.ch/en/prices.html
http://www.cityhostel.ch/english/rooms.html

-Playing in the night won't be allowed. (He didn't say anything about the time when we'll have to turn everything off yet, though)
-As the Avanchets mall should open during July, food and drink won't be sold in the venue anymore.
-Please bring TVs/Wiis if you can ! And please label them !

Original French post:
http://stormarmada.xooit.com/t2011-Geneva-Brawl-Garden-III.htm?start=105#p54310

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
flights for this are still 50 euros from here going and getting back.

How many housing spots are available and which days? depending on it some spanish will go

Kudemo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-3102-0316
Sorry Marcbri but we have no more room for housing...

However, you can sleep in the venue on the night from Thursday to Friday. (like say achoral)

So now, who can confirm his coming to Geneva ?

I would like to see new brawlers from Switzerland !

Top Bottom