• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

bbb

Smash Champion
way better

I don't want to go to norcal to be at a tourney with brawl in it lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah, i'll also money match Plan

then i'll hang out with Waffle in his dorm
maybe play ssb64 with Smoke and then go to Psycho's house in irvine

onski?

Smash Ace
ladies and germs. we need as many TVs, GCs, Memory Cards, Copies of Melee, power strips, etc. as possible. remember we gots teh free water hook ups and can knock off your venue fee if you chip in. we're going to need as many set-ups as possible with So-Cal coming up. LOOK SHARP!

Zoap

Smash Master
DAJUAN: I'm bringing your tv so bring a cube for it.

I'ma try and bring two tvs but I don't have wii or cube for them so yea... I also bring my laptop for TIO so melee and brawl can be separated(assuming someone brings one for brawl.)

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Hello, long time lurker of Smashboards, first time poster.

I'm a Danish smasher who's part of the very small Smash community in Denmark. The scene is small in Denmark but we've been trying to make Smash (especially Melee) more popular through tournaments, events, gaming camps and whatnot.

Anyway I'm currently staying in San Francisco and I'm interested in coming to your event, mostly to practice. Is it only for locals or would you accept a foreigner? :p

If so, I have a few questions. Do we have to register beforehand or do you just show up and pay the entrance fee? Also, I didn't bring my GameCube controller with me to SF (shame on me), is this going to be a problem or will you have spare controllers available? If not, any idea where I can get a (first party) Gamecube controller in SF, preferably around downtown?

Thank you in advance. :)

L__

Smash Master
You should come, I'm sure you'll find a person willing to lend you a controller. Also, you just show up and pay the entrance fee.

SuperRad

Smash Master
You can just show up and pay. If you don't have a controller you could probably find one to borrow at the tournament. Otherwise I'd find a Gamestop and see if they have any there. [I think there is one on Powell St downtown].

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the quick responses (and thanks for the encouragement stelzig, lol)

I tried the Powell St. Gamestop actually, all I saw was a 3rd party controller, and I hate those. Yeah I'm being picky. I will probably go look around some more this week, I'm glad I can borrow one though.

Assuming I'm not going anywhere this week (and I can find the place, doesn't seem to difficult though) you'll probably see me there!

Lovage

Smash Hero
this tournament is now international...lol

and yeah, ssb64 should be pretty good, isai, darth fox, tigerbombz, s2j and me...****
we'll probably record for isai's channel

D

Deleted member

I'll try to practice 64 a bit before I come

and play a lot cheaper

Top Bottom