• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pokemon master unbanned? too good

hey tell me what manga ur avatar nad sig are from

onski?

Smash Ace
hey people, we need wiis and TVs this weekend. club fee will be waived for a full set up

onski?

Smash Ace
What's the policy on recording matches there?
(I'm thinking of coming and I have a recording setup)
recording matches is highly encouraged. in fact you get a waived club fee for bringing recording equipment and recording tournament matches. i'll be editing the next highlight video, so if you do record anything throw me some footage.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
no, when the wii saves matches it just saves what buttons were pressed, so its more like a text file than a video file. When you replay on a wii, the wii just makes the characters do whatever the file says.

A computer program being able to read the file for replays is very unlikely to ever exist from what i've read. :(

pockyD

Smash Legend
but i mean, when you watch the replay, at that point you can stream it to your recording stuff right?

the point being that all wiis are effectively "recording setups" (with this hack)

SSD

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, it's solo.

I didn't have the right cables to set up my recording equiptment, but I did managed to have some people point my camera at the screen. I'll edit the videos into this post when I have them up, so all of you can see them.

Hope to see you all again in two weeks, if there is another one in two weeks.

Eber

Smash Rookie
when is the next tourny for this? im pretty sure ive seen everything on AiB but i feel like im missing something, probably because this will be my first time attending a "in person" brawl tourny LOL

onski?

Smash Ace
the next tournament is going to be CGC VI, on Feb 28th. if we have 4 TVs, GCs/Wiis, and 1 power strip... then we will be having a Melee Tournament.. and with any luck, Jeff will come back.. i was so surprised to see him at CGC V.. lulz

so if you melee folk want a Melee Doubles/Singles tournament, bring TVs and Cubes.. and post here if you can so i can get an equipment count.. we have 6 Brawl TVs so far, and our goal is 12 for Brawl, 4 for Melee.

SuperRad

Smash Master
are you still in the same room/
i think you need more space for both to happen reasonably

edit:
i've been asked to ask if you would let sheridan/pocky and associated people run melee.
i'm assuming you wouldn't have a problem with this

onski?

Smash Ace
not a problem, last time we were double booked and forced to take a smaller room. it wont happen again. our capacity for HUM 111 is about 64 comfortably, but obv we can increase that number with standing persons. as for Melee, i want to start running Singles and Doubles but we simply don't have the equipment for it. so if Melee participants would be willing to bring 4 TVs, 4 GCs, and at least one powerstrip then we can have Melee at every subsequent CGC

R00R

Smash Journeyman
Yo Onski, Ill give you a ****ing power strip if we can get melee singles going.

Ill try to bring my TV and wii to the next one but Im gonna get my **** duck taped down to the table so people cant steal it. Also Ill need help with my equipment because I'm a gimp atm and I have a fat *** TV.

We need to have another smoke and smash sesh sometime soon.

onski?

Smash Ace
Yo Onski, Ill give you a ****ing power strip if we can get melee singles going.

Ill try to bring my TV and wii to the next one but Im gonna get my **** duck taped down to the table so people cant steal it. Also Ill need help with my equipment because I'm a gimp atm and I have a fat *** TV.

We need to have another smoke and smash sesh sometime soon.
lol for sure tommy, if you and eric brought set ups for Melee, that'd be enough to run Melee. ill throw down a set up and if PockyD throws down a set up... we will be all good.

just come over with eric to the next CGC, you guys are VIP, the only people ever allowed to come back through the house of onski.. lulz

done! if we can get a few more set ups, we will be set for Brawl/Melee.. and in case anyone is wondering, Melee will start during Brawl Doubles.. ~11AM
yay. meleeeeeeeeeeeeee. if i can get dajuan (shroomed) to come i think he can bring 2 complete setups and a laptop that can record matches. he can bring a mic too commentate if anyone is down also. just to hype it up.

onski?

Smash Ace
daamn, livestream much? i'll have my PA system there, so i have a professional mic and mixer at our disposal.. and there will be Melee Doubles/Singles

WHEN THE **** DID THIS HAPPEN?

i heard melee =)
i wanna play
lol i already said that you would bring 2 set ups plus laptop for recording. they needed set ups to add melee and i knew my man dajuan is ****ing jet set ready 24/7 with melee gear.

grats norcal
you finally get a tournament lol
i know right. ****.

good **** onski?!!!!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Did they fix the right side of the Third Strike machine yet?

Also I hope that mold on the GG machine is gone.

Maybe.

Top Bottom