• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
it doesn't take real skill to breed good pokemon (you can't be good at it, though you can easily be bad at it)

but if one person cheats and the other person doesn't, how does that make for an interesting match?
he's cheating the single player aspect, not the multiplayer.
if he didn't tell you he was cheating, you likely wouldn't know. (that's an assumption since i'm not familiar with the game)

i think of it like this.
back when pokemon cards were the ****, there was always that rich kid who got any specific card he wanted from his parents. then there were the poor kids who bought all their cards in random packs from the flea market. (flea market sold thin ***, see-through, fakes) i never thought it was fair that rich kid is legal and poor kid wasn't.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i dont think that 'time' and 'dedication' are sound examples as to why not using pokesav is better. i think that zoap put it best, that its merely a pride thing. this isnt the pokemon cartoon show, where you and your pikachu will get stronger the more time you spent together, this is a competitive game.

i fully agree with sheridan, that raising near perfect legit pokemon is utterly skill-less. i hate when competitive games have a grind. take wow arena for example, first you gotta get to 80, then you gotta gear up, then you gotta get your full season 8(?) and now finally you are able to compete at high level. ideally, a competitive game should only factor in character choice and player skill.

shoddy is great because every pokemon is at their best, so its up to team composition and the players prediction ability. while i do mildly enjoy the ds spirit of [if pokemon were real all i could do was get the best ones possible and battle] and the inherent imperfection of all pokemon in the tournament, its still a flawed system. if me and my opponent have the same lead out and his has 1 speed iv higher than mine, because of luck outside of tournament, why is this a logical reason as to why i should lose?

because if pokemon were real that what would happen? yeah i agree that pokemon are sick, but i cant think of any other reason. i respect all like minded people who realize this is a flawed system and cut to the case via pokesav.

imo thats the next step in the meta. sucks that thats not how the game was meant to be played, but why wouldnt you cheat. no offense, but to me the people who **** all over pokesav are very similar to scrubs who say no wavedashing, or stop spamming the fireball. non-pokesavers will battle other non-pokesavers in their own little world, while the competitive community will break down the game and play to win.

in a perfect world all pokemon would have full 31's (or whatever combination they need for HP ____) so noone would be able to *****

also calm the **** down about dajuan. how can you honestly get upset that he pokesav'd a team with random stats. it is in no way different that catching pokemon with random ivs. him "cheating wrong" is irrelevant. 'not being able to believe the words of a pokesaver' is ****ing stupid. and he wasnt bragging, he wanted to make sure no one was going to pitch a ***** fit, which you all are. the only ill will that should be harbored is that of envy, that he doesnt have to play through the game again if he doesnt want to

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm pretty sure that anything that can be construed as actual *****ing at dajuan is a joke, since i personally don't even play the real game, cheating or not (and i'd roll him if i did, GAUNTLET DOWN)

and i'd know the second that his jirachi came out

this is different from whining about wavedashing and "fireballing" because those exist within the game... the ability to use pokesav exists outside the game. Why wouldn't you cheat? ...because not everybody can!

Shroomed

Smash Master
since pokesav is so gay, you can get ur jirachi at ur once a year/month or w/e event
i see it as ur ****ing dumb for NOT using pokesav
why would i spend unnecessary time on training pokemon?

and yea leon is rite, i gave them random IVs so ppl wouldnt ***** at me for using pokesav
but to no avail obviously

and in today's world, who wouldnt have access to pokesav?
EVERYONE has a computer, and on the very slight chance they dont, their friend probably does

pockyD

Smash Legend
don't you need AR or some other hack-card to actually use it?

also if you think it's dumb to not cheat, then i think you're dumb to not have perfect/near perfect IVs :laugh:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i great leon's long *** post. all makes sense to me.
i completely see shroomed's side of the argument and respect it.

also if you think it's dumb to not cheat, then i think you're dumb to not have perfect/near perfect IVs :laugh:
i see what you mean but he wants to play against people who don't use pokesav and he sees random IVs as a way to do that. sounds OK to me.

DUJUAN, STFU AND PLAY SHODDY!!!!

problem solved.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i see what you mean but he wants to play against people who don't use pokesav and he sees random IVs as a way to do that. sounds OK to me.
people who don't think it's cheating will do it themselves, except with perfect IVs

people who do think it's cheating will think it's cheating 'irregardless', so may as well

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
itll be cool to see u again paul =)

also, we got some pretty good news on the fund

im gonna make the video once everything is 100% set in stone

i don't wanna get anyone's hopes up hahaha

DJMirror

Smash Master
DizShizWiz is coming?! I'm down but sadly i can't go

*tears*

I hope MacD bring Zhu along so we can watch some epic Falco ditto if not then at least we got SS vs DSW, DSW vs Scar etc

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I play Shoddy and when the next gen poke gets out I'm going to buy it and use AR on it to ge tthe pokes I want with the right IV's I want and to help EV train easily.

I don't see the point in taking hours upon hours catching a certain poke and calculating IV's when I'm going to get the same end result.

It's not like I'm teaching Blastoise fireball, it's the same end result.

Edit: It's awesome that Shiz is actually coming to this :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
ok so who from so cal wants to go now

i'm still iffy if i can/should go

dang though, paul are you really going or just saying that?

Shroomed

Smash Master
i am ****in pumped for this now

EDIT: we mite need pools at this since attendance will shoot up cuz shiawia is coming

Top Bottom