• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

Shroomed

Smash Master
i didnt want perfect pokemon

i jus wanted trained pokemon without having to actually train them?

you guys are ****ing stupid

Shroomed

Smash Master
Ok well you have legendaries that are hella hard to get.

For example you have a jirachi, I have to wait until the event pokemon next month, and even then that is the ONLY jirachi i can get.

you just **** them out.
that doesnt change the fact that everything ive done, you can do the "right" way

as i stated before, i jus took a ridiculously easy route

you CAN get a jirachi, you CAN train it with the EVs i have, and you CAN give it the abilities i gave it

stop *****ing like i made some ******** wonderguard team or something

either use pokesav or get to training!

**** you joey i'll **** you again!

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
that doesnt change the fact that everything ive done, you can do the "right" way

as i stated before, i jus took a ridiculously easy route

you CAN get a jirachi, you CAN train it with the EVs i have, and you CAN give it the abilities i gave it

stop *****ing like i made some ******** wonderguard team or something

either use pokesav or get to training!

**** you joey i'll **** you again!
Yeah but your pokemon all have the right nature and good IVs.

I had to save in front of heatran and then catch him with a masterball check his nature and ivs and then reset like a hundred times just to get one with decent average of 20 in each iv and a acceptable nature.

you are like click click done.

timid heatran 31 in each IV, and if you keep saying you dont have perfect IVs you are either an idiot or a liar.

Shroomed

Smash Master
so im an idiot for wanting my pokemon quickly, w/o having them be OP?

well that's a dumb statement to make

there's this button that says RANDOMIZE, that gives your pokemon random IVs

and i used it

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i will never understand people being bitter about other people using pokesav

imo, not cheating is an incredibly stupid time sink

400 hours to get 1 pokemon. do it 5 more times.

not cheating is merely a personal choice, its hardly a moral high ground

Zoap

Smash Master
but why randomize them? it doesn't make sense to train(or not train) a heatran with ****ty IV's. I mean if the point is to cheat why not go 100% and at least 31 the IV's that matter SpA and Speed.

My point being when you randomise its like taking the heatran that you first encountered, catching it, not checking its **** and then EV training it. If your going to cheat at least be effective or rather Super Effective :)

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
As long as the stats aren't engineered to be something impossible to achieve with normal methods, I don't really see why you shouldn't just be able to make whatever pokemon you want with some program.

Shroomed

Smash Master
because if i battled ppl using perfect IV's i'd hear a bunch of complaining

didnt know i'd get **** for having randomized IVs

and why catch a heatran/get a ******** amount of rare candies etc, when i can jus make a lvl 100 heatran?

i'd rather spend 45mins making my pokemon, then hours upon hours lvling ONE pokemon

that's like, walking across the US or teleport across

either way will get me across, but why the **** would i walk?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Are IVs are totally random with no restrictions on the combinations you can get? Can you randomly find a pokemon with 31 (that's the max right?) in everything with the same probability as any other random combination? If so, that's fairly ******** and I would consider that a minor game design flaw, and I'd ask why doesn't the Pokemon community impose some kind of constraints on IVs for competitive play?

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Are IVs are totally random with no restrictions on the combinations you can get? Can you randomly find a pokemon with 31 (that's the max right?) in everything with the same probability as any other random combination? If so, that's fairly ******** and I would consider that a minor game design flaw, and I'd ask why doesn't the Pokemon community impose some kind of constraints on IVs for competitive play?
in competitive play using the cartridges there is no limit for IVs its as good as you can breed them. but haxed pokemon are banned.

in simulator/emulator play everyones IVs are at 31 unless it is different for a certain moveset.

and zoap and kevin both said what i said dajaun if oyu are gunna cheat do it right.

if you pokesaved and didnt make your ivs 31 you are dumb.

and if you are pokesaving at all

well you are just lame, play shoddy if you want to "save time".

saving time on the DS games via pokesave is just gay.

you are gunna especially if you are gunna play people with honor such as myself lucky etc....

<3 shroomed

I always wanted to know if your name was related to doing shrooms??

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Also

i will never understand people being bitter about other people using pokesav

imo, not cheating is an incredibly stupid time sink

400 hours to get 1 pokemon. do it 5 more times.

not cheating is merely a personal choice, its hardly a moral high ground
As long as the stats aren't engineered to be something impossible to achieve with normal methods, I don't really see why you shouldn't just be able to make whatever pokemon you want with some program.
Getting a perfect pokemon with all IVs at 31 is nearly impossible.

**** Im just gunna say it is impossible.

Wth is the point of cheating if your not going to be perfect about it. I found this very interesting btw:

Parent A
31/31/31/31/31/31

Parent B
31/31/31/31/31/31

Odds of Offspring with 6 Flawless Iv's with Parents above:

1:59916

Shroomed

Smash Master
if i made 31 IV pokemon, ppl would ***** and moan when i battled them

i would play on shoddy, but i cant do that when im not home right? yea

so i should make stronger than normal pokemon jus because im MAKING my pokemon?

that's not smart

and i never did shrooms, im shroomed because i used to main mario and i was like MUSHROOMS

and then it turned into shroomed

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I see. Well why not standardize the IV junk that a pokemon can have for competitive play? It's pretty asinine to let it come down to the randomness of encounters/breeding since that is basically skill-less and not really distinguishable from 'cheating.' For example why not say that all pokemon must have less than X amount total IV distributed however you like?

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I see. Well why not standardize the IV junk that a pokemon can have for competitive play? It's pretty asinine to let it come down to the randomness of encounters/breeding since that is basically skill-less and not really distinguishable from 'cheating.' For example why not say that all pokemon must have less than X amount total IV distributed however you like?
On DS tournaments where there is no limit on IVs, just no haxed pokemon, so the best thing you will see is like ID an average of 25 per IV with maybe 31 in the two important IVs. There is no need to limit it, you can use anything legit and NOT HAXED.

So on the rare occasion (if it is even POSSIBLE to have 31 IV in each stat) that persons hard work would be worth it and his pokemon would excel through that persons toil and dedication. Which would be justly earned.

On shoddy battle/other emulator sights, you make your team (this is not on the ds, so you literally imput any (legal/legit) value for your stats. So everyone has the option of having perfect IVs.

Pokesav is literally just to cheat on DS and make perfect pokemon on DS.

If you want to save time play Shoddy battle emulator.

And who are you playing DS with all the time Dajuan?

Infinitely more games on shoddy.

Pokesav is weak, lame, blah blah blah.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK so on shoddy, it's acceptable to have full perfect IVs? Then that's fine. I semi-understand not using an emulator for DS battling since not everyone has access to editing that stuff, but having to spend hundreds of hours breeding your pokemon to get to a good level is dumb because it's a non-skill and there's no strategy - having more IVs = better universally. So I guess I don't see why, given the choice, anyone would battle over DS as opposed to shoddy.

Zoap

Smash Master
I dont care so much that your ivs arent all 31 dajuan Im just saying if your gonna take the easy road then put 31 in the necessary stuff.

Also once you know the proper order for breeding and get decent dittos breeding takes far less time as long as you don't strive for the 6 perfect stats. Which in most case people want 2-3 with decent in the other 3-4.

DS shows time and effort, anyone can go on shoddy and input what they want. So more of a pride thing then anything else. Thats why Pokesav is often looked down upon as it takes literally no time and no effort.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if both you and your opponent cheat, then it's fine (if two people agree to pokesav a team then battle, it's perfectly legit)

the problem is that shroom cheats and nobody else that he plays does, then he comes and brags about it

Shroomed

Smash Master
the way i obtained my pokemon may not be legit, but my pokemon themselves are COMPLETELY legit and in no way overpowered

i dont see the problem

im battling with a team that i COULDVE trained normally, i jus decided to not put in that effort

jus because you look down upon the way i obtained my pokemon, doesnt change the fact that they are in no way obtainable urself and any average team can beat my team

if you wanna spend hours breeding ur pokemon, be my guest

pockyD

Smash Legend
what you're talking about is like submitting a TAS as a real speedrun

sure they COULD do it...

...but TAS are only compared to other TAS for a reason

Shroomed

Smash Master
that's not the same at all

if we battled, our pokemon would both have "normal" stats

how they were obtained has no influence on the battle

so what's the problem?

ppl r jus sour cuz of how easily i obtained my pokemon and how hard they worked for theirs

DJMirror

Smash Master
I dont get it and i dont feel like read that huge massive texts from pockyd, zoap and shroomed

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
they just like to read their own posts.

if you guys have a problem with it just dont let shroom play, or let him play and stop *****ing

pockyD

Smash Legend
they just like to read their own posts.

if you guys have a problem with it just dont let shroom play, or let him play and stop *****ing
this is a message board

what's the point of shutting up and not posting messages?

if you aren't interested in it you don't have to read it

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
so dujuan is like the trainer who beats his pokemon to make them stronger?

it seems to me like all he's "cheating" is time since he's not getting perfect iv's.
unless he's doing something you can't (reasonably) do the "legit" way, i don't see an issue.

i also don't see the point in being mad about the time you put into something that doesn't take skill. it seems like training/breeding the right pokemon with the right iv/nature takes time and chance. not skill.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so dujuan is like the trainer who beats his pokemon to make them stronger?

it seems to me like all he's "cheating" is time since he's not getting perfect iv's.
unless he's doing something you can't (reasonably) do the "legit" way, i don't see an issue.

i also don't see the point in being mad about the time you put into something that doesn't take skill. it seems like training/breeding the right pokemon with the right iv/nature takes time and chance. not skill.
it doesn't take real skill to breed good pokemon (you can't be good at it, though you can easily be bad at it)

but if one person cheats and the other person doesn't, how does that make for an interesting match?

I say it's cheating because doing it his way requires using things outside of the game itself. Not everyone has access to those resources... consider a TCG deck made of all proxies or something

...too late for what?

Top Bottom