• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South CEO 2016 Fighting Game Championships

CEO 2016 Fighting Game Championships
Posted by CEOJebailey
Wyndham Orlando Resort
Friday, June 24, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Get all the info on CEO 2016 at www.ceogaming.org/ceo2016!

CEO 2016 Takes place at the Wyndham Orlando Resort on June 24-26 in Orlando, Florida for the 7th year! This year will feature 10 Official Tournaments:

Street Fighter V
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Mortal Kombat XL
Killer Instinct
Guilty Gear XRD -Revelator-
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Pokkén Tournament
Smash Melee
Smash WiiU
Tekken 7

In CEO 2015, Melee and Smash WiiU made history by becoming the largest single game entries in a Florida tournament with over 1,000 players across both games. While we did not expect such a huge turnout and had to cap at the last minute we're preparing ourselves for this year by Starting Both Game Tournament pools Friday at 12 Noon so that there will not be any cap.

Also For all Official Tournament games at CEO 2016, there will be **NO ON SITE REGISTRATION**. All players must register online before June 12th at 11:59pm est to be able to compete. We've also opened up registration for Doubles in advance this year and will be capping them at 128 teams per game.

This year we want to feature BOTH games inside of the infamous CEO Wrestling ring stage with Top 8 entrances for the best of Smash Personalities, however we will not be able to fit them both in on the same day as we host 10 Official Tournaments throughout the weekend.

One Smash Top 8 will happen Saturday evening in the ring, the other on Sunday afternoon. Times TBD

To give both communities a fair shot at a Sunday finals we are giving that slot to the game with the most registrations by June 1st. If either game happens to hit 1,000 entrants this year at any time before the registration deadline, they will be guaranteed 2nd to last finals slot on Sunday night before the Capcom Pro Tour Street Fighter V Top 8 takes place.

For more information or rules on all of our events taking place at CEO 2016 please visit http://www.ceogaming.org/ceo2016

Final Schedule will be posted on June 13th after registration has closed.

If you have any questions about CEO 2016 please contact us at CEOGaming@gmail.com.

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
What if Hungrybox takes another major?

What if Hungrybox becomes HungryGOAT?

dufflyon

Smash Rookie
Can't wait to attend. I'm entering Sm4sh Singles, despite how I'll most likely get MURDERED my first game, can't wait to get together with the community!

AngelicHearts457

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mega-Flareon54
3DS FC
2208-8621-9736
REALLY wanting to participate, despite my lack of playing on a tournament level. How many top smashers are going to participate in melee single?

leavingmirror

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2036-9604-4326
Let's say that I'm a baddie. I know that if I enter the tourney I'll get whooped, but I would like to get some experience in. Will there be a dedicated area for playing friendlies considering I pay the 35$ spectator fee?

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
REALLY wanting to participate, despite my lack of playing on a tournament level. How many top smashers are going to participate in melee single?
CEO is one of the biggest tournaments of the year, you can expect to see dozens of recognizable names attending.
Let's say that I'm a baddie. I know that if I enter the tourney I'll get whooped, but I would like to get some experience in. Will there be a dedicated area for playing friendlies considering I pay the 35$ spectator fee?
No dedicated friendlies area, but the best way to get better is to participate in tournaments. As the tournament dies down and requires less setups, there will be friendlies allowed.

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
Man I would HATE to miss this... I live in Miami which is SUPER far down south and I'd love to show my moves. I'm only a Smash Wii U... well technically 3DS player and my mains are :rosalina::4villager::4yoshi:. But how would I manage to show up... -_-

Captwin

Smash Rookie
So Ive been playing the game for years but this would be my first tournament. I know is going to be rough but is it worth it for a new beginner to go.

dufflyon

Smash Rookie
Best way to train is to attend tournaments. Can't wait to train with those who're attending!

Indie_Smash

Smash Rookie
It would be great to join but I just recently started playing competitively so I've got alot of training to do. XD

Da Loc

Smash Cadet
Anyone need a last minute wii u doubles teammate when registration reopens tomorrow

herbmaster%

my dankchu is 420XX
3DS FC
2836-1534-7477
kinda hoping melee doesnt get a sunday/late sunday spot so i can be there before driving back home midday for work

but what be better than melee top 8 before the events headliner?? that would be sick.

milkmafiamaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
milkmafiamaster
I cant wait to go tommorow

At the last CEO I went 0-2 so this year I want to majorly improve and go 1-2 :p

Man I would HATE to miss this... I live in Miami which is SUPER far down south and I'd love to show my moves. I'm only a Smash Wii U... well technically 3DS player and my mains are :rosalina::4villager::4yoshi:. But how would I manage to show up... -_-
I bet players that are coming from out of state are like "he is complaining because he is in the south of his state!" :p

Last edited by a moderator:

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
I bet players that are coming from out of state are like "he is complaining because he is in the south of his state!" :p
Well when you consider the fact that I don't really have a way of getting there myself coupled with the fact that a family reunion is on the same date as the tournament... yeah my luck was pretty sour.

Top Bottom