• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida - CFL Smackdown Ruleset.

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith

@Campus Cards & Games
12226 Corporate Blvd Orlando, FL 32817

Melee Monday at 6:30PM
Tuesdays Sm4sh at 6:30PM
$4 Venue, $3 per Tournament
Stream @ twitch.tv/gamingknights1
Join CFL Melee and/or CFL Smash 4/PM on Facebook for more updates
Melee
General Rules
  • Items off, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks
  • No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
  • Wobbling is legal, stalling past 300% is illegal
  • Double Blind and Neutral Start is offered at request
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
  • If I match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock.
  • Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order
Following stages decided by winner banning 1 stage and then loser choosing
3/5 Sets will have no bans

Super Smash Bros 4 WiiU
General Rules
  • 2 stock, 6 Minutes, Items set to off, Customs set to off.
  • Best of 3, Finals Best of 5
  • No excessive stalling
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have a 1-1-1-1 Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner available for use (Using Default A Mii). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not
    allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
Starters/Neutrals
  • Smashville
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Town & City
Counter-picks
  • Dreamland
  • Duck Hunt
  • Omega Stages*
  • Miiverse **
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is
banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa.
** Same rule as omegas but it applies to Battlefield

First stage picked by striking from neutrals, P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
The winner bans 1 stage and the loser counterpicks

Project M
General Rules
  • Items off and set to none, 8 Minutes, 4 Stocks, Buffer off.
  • No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc.)
  • Double Blind is offered at request
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
  • If I match times out, the winner is determined by remaining stocks, then lowest percentage on the same stock.
  • Pausing Results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • No Giga Bowser (This should go without saying. SoPo is fine).
Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee) (Singles only)
  • Distant Planet (Doubles only)
Counterpicks:
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • WarioWare
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Dream Land 64
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by winner banning 2 stages and then loser choosing

• 5 stock, 8 Minutes, Items set to off,
  • Best of 3, Finals Best of 5
  • No excessive stalling
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage on the counterpick list you have won on
  • Gentleman's Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Swallowcide), the player who initiated the move wins.
Starters/Neutrals
  • Dreamland
Counter-picks
  • Peaches Castle
  • Kongo Jungle

EDIT: 3 Stock PM in preparation for BH4, 4 stock will probably return at a later date.
EDIT 2 - ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Switched up the PM stage list for Doubles.
EDIT 3 - REVENGE OF THE EDIT: Changed from Smash Academy to CFL Smackdown and added 3DS Rules
EDIT 4 AND THE CRYSTAL SKULL: Returned to 4 stock PM
EDIT 5: Smash WiiU rules added (subject to change), PM stage changes, 3DS removed
EDIT 6: Changed Smash 4 Rules to Apex set until future notice
EDIT 7: 64 rules added
EDIT 8: changed wiiu rules to the CEO set
Edit 9: Changed WiiU to the Paragon LA set

Last edited:

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith
Yeah. This is official. Cherry wanted me to post something he could link to on the event page.

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
Slightly confused by one line in the 3DS rules. Are custom moves allowed, or are they banned along with Mii Fighters?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
In regards to Smash 4 suicide moves like Bower's Side-B why would I lose? It has been show in some case characters can use their recoveries to get back to the stage. Also ugh 2 stocks...

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
are these events streamed, if so, where?

edit: Upon downloading the great music pack, when trying to extract it it continually gives me an error that the song T02.bstrm is corrupt and wont extract that song. Could this be replicated on your end and be fixed in a re-upload please? Id like to use this music/SSS. Thanks!

edit2: your PM ruleset states Distant Planet as a doubles starter, but it's nowhere to be found on Page 1 or 2 of your Stage Pack. :/

Last edited:

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith
are these events streamed, if so, where?

edit: Upon downloading the great music pack, when trying to extract it it continually gives me an error that the song T02.bstrm is corrupt and wont extract that song. Could this be replicated on your end and be fixed in a re-upload please? Id like to use this music/SSS. Thanks!

edit2: your PM ruleset states Distant Planet as a doubles starter, but it's nowhere to be found on Page 1 or 2 of your Stage Pack. :/
Events are streamed at twitch.tv/GamingKnights1
VODs are Uploaded to CFL's Youtube Channel
T02 probably corrupted during the packing, I'll look at it
And the distant planet problem was an oversight when were trying to rush the pack out for the event, it should be fixed in future releases

Last edited:

Cuban Legend

Smash Apprentice
Events are streamed at twitch.tv/GamingKnights1
VODs are Uploaded to CFL's Youtube Channel
T02 probably corrupted during the packing, I'll look at it
And the distant planet problem was an oversight when were trying to rush the pack out for the event, it should be fixed in future releases
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to tune in and maybe come by if I'm in the area! If you add Distant Planet to row 1, if guys plan to add a counterpick to have an even number of starters/counterpicks I'll offer a suggstion... I carefully charted half a dozen PM3.5 stage lists and compared them... Lylat Cruise seemed like the next popular counterpick, besides I noticed you guys used to use it back in the 3.02 days.

And also, I'll just let you know that I've adopted your stage list for my local tourneys that I host, as it's similar to S@X's and the upcoming Paragon Tournament's PM 3.5 StageList, nice to see FD swap with FOD from starter/counterpick. ;)

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to tune in and maybe come by if I'm in the area! If you add Distant Planet to row 1, if guys plan to add a counterpick to have an even number of starters/counterpicks I'll offer a suggstion... I carefully charted half a dozen PM3.5 stage lists and compared them... Lylat Cruise seemed like the next popular counterpick, besides I noticed you guys used to use it back in the 3.02 days.

And also, I'll just let you know that I've adopted your stage list for my local tourneys that I host, as it's similar to S@X's and the upcoming Paragon Tournament's PM 3.5 StageList, nice to see FD swap with FOD from starter/counterpick. ;)
We had Lylat as a counterpick, but most people in the area didn't care for it
Distant Planet will probably just be an alternate doubles started
And the Paragon list is this list lol

FuzzyPickles

Smash Rookie
NNID
xGiygasx
3DS FC
2921-9652-8241
Could you explain to me why exactly Omega Stages are banned opposed to Final Destination? I'm not sure that I understand what the difference is other than adding more variety to the scenery???

Xenoba

Smash Rookie
Hey i was wondering if there was a specific date each month? Like last friday of each month at said at what time (as an example) that way i could just come once a month with my entry fee and controller worry free? Thank you (please respond - Xeno

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith
Hey i was wondering if there was a specific date each month? Like last friday of each month at said at what time (as an example) that way i could just come once a month with my entry fee and controller worry free? Thank you (please respond - Xeno
Easiest way to keep track is through the facebook groups (Melee 4/PM)
The monthlys are planned around the card shops schedule, but the weeklies are almost every tues. (starting back up on Jan. 13th)
Monthlys Start about noon with Melee Doubles
Weeklys open at 5 with reg closing about 6:30

Edit: I'm 90% sure there isn't a monthly in January because of Paragon

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Just to clarify a few things for the 64 ruleset: i think the second to last rule was added on accident? since there is no gannon, DDD, or plats that move out of bounds. Also just to be more clear on the final rule: after the first match ends loser picks stage ->winner picks character ->loser picks character. also if one of the players pauses during a match that players must forfeit a stock unless the other player wants to be a gentleman

Azzy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azoraith
Just to clarify a few things for the 64 ruleset: i think the second to last rule was added on accident? since there is no gannon, DDD, or plats that move out of bounds. Also just to be more clear on the final rule: after the first match ends loser picks stage ->winner picks character ->loser picks character. also if one of the players pauses during a match that players must forfeit a stock unless the other player wants to be a gentleman
My b.
I believe Swallowcide still exists in 64, so ill keep that. also added pause clause

Cable10

Smash Rookie
Are the weeklies still happening on Tuesday at 6:30? I noticed the last few have been on Sunday at 8.

Top Bottom