• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central America Panama

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
Is there any good smashers that live in Central America Panama? I am going to Panama (my home town) in most likely July and I wanted to see if I could smash with anyone. Let me know, btw iam not a noob at the game ;)

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
Hey there -

While I do not live in Panama, I have many relatives who do, and I was there for 66 days last summer.

I'm sorry to say this, but after searching far and wide, there are not very many good Smashers in Panama City. I met dozens of scrubs while I was there, and if you look hard enough, you may even find a tournament.

Sadly, there are no tournaments there that even come close to adhering to the MLG ruleset, at least since I was there.

I played some guys who were considered (at least I was told) the best in the country. I beat them all regularly, and only one gave me much trouble, who was just a hair better than I was. This isn't saying much, considering I live in Iowa. Yeah.

If you are truly "not a noob at this game," you will be sorely disappointed with the level of play there.

Good luck finding some Smashers. (Although, I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a ton of Halo 2 players. :p)

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
yeah , i went last year in November and I played some kids " claiming to be the best in town" and got slaughtered. Some which funny enuogh played with handicap on O_o which i was like wtf? But yeah , wanted to see if anyone with skills did play at my lvl. Going to keep hoping for someone to pop up. BTW where did you go to find people? was there like a tournament an any of the malls or anthing? Maybe they got better lol.

and I also played them in Halo 2 beat all of them as well as Naruto since alot of them played that as well , got slaughtered! but oh well.

victor2000

Smash Journeyman
BTW where did you go to find people? was there like a tournament an any of the malls or anthing?
I went to local card shop stores and various places like that. I even found a couple people here on SmashBoards, but they don't log on anymore (not that they were any good).

I saw some gaming tournaments at malls, but just weak stuff...no Smash.

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
right here

I'm flying to Panama today (Tuesday) and I'll be staying in Panama City for 2 weeks (July 3-July 17). If you think you're up to the challenge, I main Falcon. I don't consider myself VERY good...I'm not THE best at Florida International University, but I am definitely among them, top 3. I would love a good challenge. Here's my e-mail, if anyone is interested: JFizzle0202@aol.com

Let me know!

shiekfreak

Smash Journeyman
Lol I dont live in Panama, I live in miami, but i was saying for when I go to Panama. So you smash in FIU , I go there sometimes, but nobody gives me competition. Dont know if Ive seen you there or not. But the last smash tournament FIU threw, I beat everyone there that goes to FIU O_o maybe you know some of the peolpe that were there like XIF he played peach, Green mario ( he won the tourny ), there was a good falco, fox link and shiek. I didnt compete, I just went to play. But yeah, when ever your back, send me a PM and ill go play your buddies in FIU

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
I am also a panamenian smasher. In Melee, I main Ness. There is good level of Smash Melee in Panama City, don't doubt that. I went on vacations. I am now in Buenos Aires, Argentina, trying to find a Brawl Community.

axlion26

Smash Rookie
shame shame shame.... you didn´t get a chance to play me....

and YES ... there aren´t many REAL good players... but I know a couple who would have some fun with u....including myself... I recommend you look for the L!on next time u get down here....

pana la que te espera!....

axlion26

Smash Rookie
shame shame shame.... you didn´t get a chance to play me....

and YES ... there aren´t many REAL good players... but I know a couple who would have some fun with u....including myself... I recommend you look for the L!on next time u get down here....

pana la que te espera!.....

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
Why are we talking in English in here? Que sopá con ustedes panameños... por qué no hablan como tales friend? xD

We should arrange an online panamenian tournament to start with something. Then we can get together to have some offline Smashness ... I created a facebook group called Smash Brawl Panamá ... in order to gather a community of players and do some tournaments and friendlies..

Zephil

Smash Ace
the people that are talking bad of panama... WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!! so you go fight a couple of people and you already are talking that panama is full of noobs!! is like if I go to Florida and I play with a couple of guys and all suck then I get to the conclusion "the people in USA are not good in Brawl"... I agree with the problem we have here with the very few amounts of tournaments but there are people here working on it to bring more tournaments and OFFICIAL tournaments... anyways if you go to panama and you want to a good match look at this page http://panamagamersleague.com/foro/index.php?board=3.0 here they are some of the best players in panama

FraanTicK

Smash Rookie
i think some guys just fail. it's not that there crazy or there's something wrong with them

raph21

Smash Rookie
mmm no there arent many, but theres goin to be a tourney in febrary 28. if ur here rigt now and ur interested in it u can check panama gamers league(look it on google or something) there will be info bout it

ADA//Peach

Smash Rookie
Soy de Nicaragua .. una ves fui a panama .. es posible q vaya dentro de poco...y me gustaria jugar con uds ..

suludos (:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Aunque nadie a posteado nada en la seccion de Panama desdel 2009, vamos a ver si alguien la encuentra ahora....XP

Vivo en la Ciudad de Panama, para cualquiera que tiene un ''Smash Scene'' local, porque yo no se de ninguna! haha

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
Aunque nadie a posteado nada en la seccion de Panama desdel 2009, vamos a ver si alguien la encuentra ahora....XP

Vivo en la Ciudad de Panama, para cualquiera que tiene un ''Smash Scene'' local, porque yo no se de ninguna! haha
Heyyy. Si la comunidad en Panama esta super super activado!

Ayer hicimos un torneo con 36 entrantes para Smash Wii-U y 24 para Melee con doubles y todoo.

www.facebook.com/groups/SmashPanama

Tenemos power rankings y todo. Estoy tratando de hacer que toda la comunidad empieze a usar Smashboards ya que todo se esta manejando por FB por ahora, pero va poco a poco!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Heyyy. Si la comunidad en Panama esta super super activado!

Ayer hicimos un torneo con 36 entrantes para Smash Wii-U y 24 para Melee con doubles y todoo.

www.facebook.com/groups/SmashPanama

Tenemos power rankings y todo. Estoy tratando de hacer que toda la comunidad empieze a usar Smashboards ya que todo se esta manejando por FB por ahora, pero va poco a poco!
Wowww no sabia de eso! Me unire a la pagina de inmediato :3 Gracias~

Adonde puedo ver el power ranking? :D

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Por cierto me dijeron que este fin de semana habrá un torneo en la Universidad Tecnológica. Por si quieres ir y conocer un poco más de la competencia.
D: Ese fin de semana tengo que trabajar....
Pero si voy al torneo el 22 de marzo! =3

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Ah bueno, practica que acá hay buen nivel! :D
De los tops, he jugado a Kewl y MDL. MDL me gan 3-0 con su Yoshi vs mi Sheik y a Kewl, le he ganado a veces en friendlies, pero me gano 2-1 en el mismo mini-torneo en que perdi para MDL XP

Pero si he visto que hay buco nivel, tengo que seguir practicando XD

Dott

Smash Ace
De los tops, he jugado a Kewl y MDL. MDL me gan 3-0 con su Yoshi vs mi Sheik y a Kewl, le he ganado a veces en friendlies, pero me gano 2-1 en el mismo mini-torneo en que perdi para MDL XP

Pero si he visto que hay buco nivel, tengo que seguir practicando XD
MDL es buen amigo mío, yo le daba talla cuando empezó a jugar Smash 4 pero debe haber mejorado muchísimo desde ese entonces.

Por cierto hay un podcast en el que se habla de la comunidad de Panamá, por si no lo has escuchado te lo dejo

http://www.smashenespanol.com/podca...a-parte-1-y-zero-responde-nuestras-preguntas/

Un saludo!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

JahKnows

Smash Rookie
Algunas personas están activos ahora? Soy de Jamaica pero estoy en Panamá ahora, es mejor que hablen ingles porque no hablo español elocuentemente, por favor me envia una mensaje privada, juego a Melee solamente pero si es necessario que juegue smash 4, puedo

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Algunas personas están activos ahora? Soy de Jamaica pero estoy en Panamá ahora, es mejor que hablen ingles porque no hablo español elocuentemente, por favor me envia una mensaje privada, juego a Melee solamente pero si es necessario que juegue smash 4, puedo
Messaged you :3

Top Bottom