• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Celica hears Smash's Call!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Welcome to the Celica support thread.

Celica is the second main character in Fire Emblem Gaiden, and its remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. She is the childhood friend of Alm, the first main character. She was later separated from Alm and placed in hiding at an obscure temple. Celica's journey begins in a when the goddess Mila disappears, and she, along with three mage friends set off to find out what happened to Mila.

Having played Fire Emblem: Gaiden, I have enjoyed Celica's maps FAR more than Alm's maps. Alm's maps are just...tedious and boring. Personality-wise, I also find Celica to be a much more intriguing character. As the first main character in the Fire Emblem series to wield magick, Celica has the potential to be more than just another plain old sword wielder--and I intend to prove that. And since Fire Emblem: Gaiden is getting a remake, I could see Celica for Smash happening--if the game is as successful as Fates and Awakening.

Similar to Fire Emblem: Fates, in Fire Emblem: Gaiden, weapons never break--and if a unit wields magick, they'll lose HP when casting spells. How much HP they lose depends on the spell's level of power--and there are some spells that will even absorb enemy HP.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As one might be able to tell by the fact that I, too, made a Celica thread today without seeing this one (whoops :x) I support Celica. I'm in the midst of making a moveset, but it likely won't be done until I get my copy of Shadows of Valentia and play through it.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I support her. I haven't played the original nor do I know that much of the story but I adore her design and her red mage concept.
I'd say the most likely way for her to get into Smash is as a Robin clone that removes the tome durability/levin sword gimmick and adds on % when using spells and has a single sword with more power, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if she gets in as a unique fighter.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
As i said in the alm thread i support and think celica would be the best rep from the "new" fire emblem game assuming they even add any more reps and that it isnt anna (whom i also support)

Altais

Smash Champion
As one might be able to tell by the fact that I, too, made a Celica thread today without seeing this one (whoops :x) I support Celica. I'm in the midst of making a moveset, but it likely won't be done until I get my copy of Shadows of Valentia and play through it.
I, too, am currently working on a moveset. I already have the special attacks, Final Smash, and overall playstyle figured out, but haven't figured out the normal attacks.

I support her. I haven't played the original nor do I know that much of the story but I adore her design and her red mage concept.
I'd say the most likely way for her to get into Smash is as a Robin clone that removes the tome durability/levin sword gimmick and adds on % when using spells and has a single sword with more power, though I'd be pleasantly surprised if she gets in as a unique fighter.
Having played the original Fire Emblem Gaiden, I can say that Celica has the potential to be a totally unique character.

Just going to go ahead and give the same warning i gave the Alm thread.

Keep spoilers in spoiler tags.
I'll keep this in mind. Most of the info in the OP is revealed fairly early on in Fire Emblem Gaiden, so I thought I'd use that to add interest in the character and her story. Nevertheless, I'll revise it and see what I can trim out.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
No idea what shes capable of but I like her design more than the other main guy.

I have still yet to finish Awakening and fates (mainly since i just bought it in advance to summer and have no time rn.) But if I really like those I would get Echoes...tho Im worried by that time i'd be tired of FE. Then again im planning to buy 20 more games too. so probably not.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
I think Celica would be a very interesting addition to Smash, I made a thread about Alm myself, and I wouldn't mind if some ideas of mine were included in her move-set to make an already unique character even more unique. If she were added, I'd imagine a quicker version of Robin, who would have more powerful magic, at the cost of self-inflicted damage. Her physical attacks would not be as strong as Robin's though, and she'd probably also be a bit lighter.

No idea what shes capable of but I like her design more than the other main guy.

I have still yet to finish Awakening and fates (mainly since i just bought it in advance to summer and have no time rn.) But if I really like those I would get Echoes...tho Im worried by that time i'd be tired of FE. Then again im planning to buy 20 more games too. so probably not.
Don't worry about that, Gaiden/Echoes is extremely different compared to those two, but is easy enough to get in to that I think you'd enjoy it quite a bit. Plus the story is way better. Not gonna get into spoilers about that, but trust me when I say that.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I daresay, I love her character design (also plan on getting her amiibo too)! I would not mind if she plays identically to :4robinm:, whom I am getting the hang of using. Right...I don't know where to start with a move list, but a few attributes I imagine her having: :4luigi:'s weight, high offense/defense, average recovery, and good ground speed.

Yeah...I'm so going to support this...:love:

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord

Man, are we the same?, i too bought Awakening and Fates fairly recently and now Echoes is coming, but i'm just starting FE:A, and there's FE Warriors and FE Switch coming too, too many games so little time.

When it comes to design Alm is one of my fav FE characters, and i love the new artwork for Echoes, definitely feel fresh.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whether we get Celica, Alm, both, or neither... what I really want is this as a soundtrack:

Gosh the organ picking up at the two minute mark is euphoric, never get tired of it.

Altais

Smash Champion
I honestly think Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a test, and that Fire Emblem for the Switch will be a more complex version of it, gameplay-wise. I really like the idea of exploring caves and dungeons.

Oh, and I added two videos to the original post. I've been meaning to overhaul it, but have just been swamped with finals.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Eh, I've always been a bigger fan of her than Alm.

So why not?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Whether we get Celica, Alm, both, or neither... what I really want is this as a soundtrack:

Gosh the organ picking up at the two minute mark is euphoric, never get tired of it.
Fire Emblem music has escalated quickly among Nintendo soundtracks, sometimes i prefer it over the likes of Zelda imo.
Music is definitely one of the things i'm hyped about this game.

PF9

Smash Lord
If they decide to use popular rock bands to provide the music for Smash Switch, I could see a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia" as a theme for this character if she gets in (maybe Kiss can perform it).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Our first look at Celica in Heroes!

If they decide to use popular rock bands to provide the music for Smash Switch, I could see a cover of Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia" as a theme for this character if she gets in (maybe Kiss can perform it).
But Cecilia's a completely different Fire Emblem character.

Altais

Smash Champion
I actually voted for Celica during the Fire Emblem Heroes ballot. Glad to see she's in the game.

If they ever remake Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu and Fire Emblem: Tracia 776, I'd like to see characters from those games appear in Heroes as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually voted for Celica during the Fire Emblem Heroes ballot. Glad to see she's in the game.

If they ever remake Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu and Fire Emblem: Tracia 776, I'd like to see characters from those games appear in Heroes as well.
A few of them do, actually! Notably, Seliph is in it, alongside a few others like Reinhardt.

As of now though, the only main lords not yet in the game are Micaiah, Leif, and Sigurd. I'm thinking Micaiah will be the next to be added alongside other Radiant Dawn characters like Sothe. Ike, Titania, Soren, Mist, and Sanaki are already in, so Micaiah has one foot in the door, pretty much.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Celica's an exception I wouldn't mind seeing if she debuts in a hypothetical Smash. I like both her and Alm's designs. Also, I for sure am looking for her when she debuts in Heroes too!

And just when I'm already looking for Azura and optimizing the build for four different characters (Lucina and Kagero are my highest priorites, then Xander and Siren later). Games coughing off my wallet! Lol

AutismSpeaker

Smash Rookie
I'd be alright with seeing Celica in Smash. Having magic tomes that pack a lot of power but deal a bit of damage to Celica with each use might be the way to go with her...but hey, just opinions here.

Altais

Smash Champion
Recently ordered mine copy of Shadows of Valentia, and am waiting for it to arrive in the post. Fire Emblem Gaiden was one of mine favourites in the series, so I'm definitely looking forward to playing its remake.

Anyhow, now that school's out of the way, I should have more time to fix the original post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd share this for now. I'm still working on the full moveset, which contains more spells and such, but for now, here are my ideas for Celica's special moves.

Neutral: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up a fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable, but Celica continues to take more damage the longer it is stored, so releasing it sooner is recommended.

Side: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash white light. A giant ball of white light descends from the sky once the side special is input again, or until ten seconds have passed, causing it to fall automatically. A trap-styled spell to catch goes off guard once they forget where it was summoned from. Celica is only damaged with this move if the move hits the opponent, unlike Ragnarok.

Up: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica kneels and enters a praying stance. If this move is held for five seconds without breaking, Celica's damage percentage will reset to how it was thirty seconds prior to use. This move can only be used once per stock, and Celica must be on the ground in order to use it.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscenes plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica.

My basic idea for Celica's playstyle is to have her be what Pichu SHOULD have been. That is, having her magical moves be insanely powerful to compensate for heavy recoil, and have her moves built around that concept. Very few of her attacks utilize her sword, the Beloved Zofia, focusing instead on her magic. Her jab, neutral air, two of her throws, and one of her tilts are the only attacks I currently plan to use the Beloved Zofia for.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got asked to tell people Celica is in Warriors.

Surprise.

Altais

Smash Champion
Excellent. I had already heard rumours of her inclusion beforehand, but since there was no solid proof, I never said anything.

It seems she has the same three-dot mechanic as Marth. As of now, she, along with Marth, Takumi, and Robin, are the characters I'm looking most forward to playing. Personally, I prefer precision over brute force.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finally got around to finishing up my Celica moveset! It only took about six months of procrastination. :p

Celica Drops In for a Spell!

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is changed, however, if Celica charges her Fire special. If it is charged, this move makes Celica take minor recoil damage, but also makes the move hit much harder. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi-hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit and finishing blow animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur, sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica points her arms downward, spreading her fireball into a stream of fire beneath her in a parabolic arc.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic-based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms overhead after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her pummel or forward throw, however.

Side Special: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash of white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and it slowly moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up Special: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down Special: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica kneels and enters a praying stance. A counter-styled move, if Celica activates this move at the right moment of impact with the foe, the foe is pushed away, doing no damage. However, Celica is healed by ten percent, making it a very risky way of restoring health. Note, though, that the move has far stricter timing than other Counter-like moves. Celica must be on the ground in order to use it, and it may only be successfully used twice per stock.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

Extras:

Entrance Animation: Like all Fire Emblem characters, a Warp spell brings her to the stage. She then ignites her fire spell.

Taunts:

Side Taunt: Celica swipes the Beloved Zofia to the side as it glows red with flames.
Up Taunt: Enters a praying stance and says "May the fighting be over soon."
Down Taunt: Lightly brushes herself off and says "Rest now."

Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Twirls before placing a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." A direct reference to her Shadows of Valentia victory animation.
Victory 2: Sheathes the Beloved Zofia while saying "Mila has seen me through this day."
Victory 3: Holds her hand skyward as a giant fireball bursts, creating a firework-like effect, and smiles.

Victory VS Marth: Animation 2, but she says "The Hero of the War of Shadows...it was an honor."

Snake Codec Conversation:

Codec:

Snake: Colonel, this girl is using magic. What do you know about her?
Colonel: That's Celica, Snake, though she's also known as Princess Anthiese of Zofia.
Snake: So she's royalty, huh?
Colonel: Princess Anthiese went into hiding at a young age after an attempted coup led to the murder of her entire family. She's since stayed at a priory, and in turn became a priestess of Mila, skilled in both swordplay and magic.
Snake: I wouldn't expect a holy woman to be fighting here.
Colonel: She may be kind, but don't underestimate her, Snake. Her magic can call upon the powers of fire, thunder, wind, and holy light. You'd do well to stay away. Her magic is powerful, but it comes at the cost of her health. Prolonged use of her magic makes her easier to take out. Use that to your advantage.
Snake: Have her whittle away at her own health, huh? Got it.

Overview:

Celica mainly relies on her spells, with a few moves utilizing the Beloved Zofia, like her jab. The Beloved Zofia acts more like a conduit for her spells here than an actual weapon for most of her moveset, where she makes graceful guiding motions with it to focus her spells, not unlike a baton, or how Toon Link uses the Wind Waker. For the few attacks where she uses the Beloved Zofia for offense, she takes a more rapier-like style.

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell special. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice for the greater good coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

So yeah, tell me what you think!

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Finally got around to finishing up my Celica moveset! It only took about six months of procrastination. :p

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using the Beloved Zofia, Celica performs a three hit combo attack. The first strike comes downward from overhead, the second comes from the side in a sweeping motion, and the third has Celica twirling a bit, swinging the blade from behind in an upward motion. This is based on her in-dungeon combo from Shadows of Valentia. Specifically, it comes directly from her second, third, and fourth strike.

Dash Attack: The small wisp of fire following Celica creates a wall of flames in front of her as she charges forward. Unlike her other magical attacks, no recoil is done here. This is taken directly from her dash attack in Shadows of Valentia.

Up Tilt: Celica points the Beloved Zofia skyward as the glowing flame beside her becomes three fire balls, which twirl around the tip of her sword. A multi hit move.

Side Tilt: Celica thrusts the Beloved Zofia forward, moving slightly in the direction she's facing while doing so. This move comes from the first and fifth strike of her in-dungeon combo in Shadows of Valentia.

Down Tilt: Celica, while crouched, moves her hand outward, launching a small, thunderous spark toward the ground. Due to the stun effect, this move can combo into itself twice before knockback forces foes away.

Smash Attacks:

Up Smash: Celica, using the Beloved Zofia like a sort of baton, casts Excalibur above her, creating a slow-rising razor wind. It travels higher up and does more damage the longer it is charged. The move has a trapping effect due to it being a rapid multi-hit move.

Side Smash: Celica leaps up and smashes the Beloved Zofia downward onto opponents. This is based on her critical hit animation in both Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia. However, this move does far less knockback than the rest of her smash attacks, due to not being magically backed.

Down Smash: Celica performs her casting animation and casts Thunder, hitting both sides of the ground beside her with bolts of lightning.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Air: Celica's fire ball splits into a small stream of fire. Celica moves the Beloved Zofia in a circular motion and the stream of flames circles around her twice, clockwise.

Forward Air: Celica, using a variation of Seraphim, quickly grows angelic wings and uses them to slam foes both forward and downward. This move is based on one of Celica's attacks in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Back Air: Celica quickly makes a backhanded strike with the Beloved Zofia. Here, the tip of the blade is blessed with the Thunder spell, creating a small orb of electricity at the end. Hitting with the spark does much more damage.

Up Air: Celica uses another variant of Excalibur and sending a small gust of wind upward. Knockback-wise and potency-wise, it is somewhere between Mega Man's and Mr. Game and Watch's wind-based up airs.

Down Air: Celica slices beneath her in a back and forth motion with the Beloved Zofia. A two-hit attack.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws:

Grab and Pummel: Celica has a fairly standard grab, and pummels by imbuing her hands with fire to burn the opponent. The pummel does not, however, cause recoil damage, despite being magic based. This holds true for Celica's throws as well.

Forward Throw: Celica releases the foe as three columns of fire erupt in front of her, beneath the foe, carrying them away before causing severe knockback.

Back Throw: Celica tosses the foe back and releases a blast of light magic from her hands, sending them flying.

Up Throw: Celica waves her arms over her after bringing her foe upward, shocking them with electricity before launching them.

Down Throw: Pointing her Beloved Zofia to the ground, three strikes of compressed wind energy pummel the foe before bouncing them off the ground of the stage.

Specials:

Neutral: Fire (Ragnarok) - Celica charges up her fire ball that shoots forward before exploding. At full charge, this becomes Ragnarok, which is incredibly powerful, doing roughly 35% damage and quite a bit of knock back, but at the expense of Celica taking hefty recoil damage. Chargeable and storable. While it is stored, however, any attack using Celica's fire ball will grow in power, but the recoil damage of the move will be more severe. This does not effect her dash attack or forward throw, however.

Side: Seraphim - Celica clasps her hands together as she is bathed in a flash white light. A giant ball of white light surrounds Celica when the button is released, and slowly it moves forward. If the opponent is overlapping Celica's light, they will be trapped similarly to Mewtwo's neutral air, before being carried forward with the ball of light and being erupted from it when it reaches its full distance. A "get off me" move' befitting Celica's connection to Mila and having one of her weaknesses protected.

Up: Excalibur - Celica summons a gust of razor wind around her as she ascends. Nearby foes get cut by the wind, though Celica also takes minor damage from this move (less than five percent).

Down: Mila's Turnwheel - Celica kneels and enters a praying stance. If this move is held for five seconds without breaking, Celica's damage percentage will reset to how it was thirty seconds prior to use. Celica must be on the ground in order to use it.

Final Smash: Ragnarok Ω - If foes are in range of the attack's start up, a cutscene plays, based on Celica's in-game cutscene when activating this move. Visually, they're essentially the same. The move then ends. Unlike in Shadows of Valentia, this move does not cause recoil damage to Celica, due to being her Final Smash.

Extras:

Entrance Animation: Like all Fire Emblem characters, a Warp spell brings her to the stage. She then ignites her fire spell.

Taunts:

Side Taunt: Celica swipes the Beloved Zofia to the side as it glows red with flames.
Up Taunt: Enters a praying stance and says "May the fighting be over soon."
Down Taunt: Lightly brushes herself off and says "Rest now."

Victory Animations:

Victory 1: Twirls before placing a hand on her hip, saying "All thanks to the Mother." A direct reference to her Shadows of Valentia victory animation.
Victory 2: Sheathes the Beloved Zofia while saying "Mila has seen me through this day."
Victory 3: Holds her hand skyward as a giant fireball bursts, creating a firework-like effect, and smiles.

Victory VS Marth: Animation 2, but she says "The Hero of the War of Shadows...it was an honor."

Snake Codec Conversation:

Codec:

Snake: Colonel, this girl is using magic. What do you know about her?
Colonel: That's Celica, Snake, though she's also known as Princess Anthiese of Zofia.
Snake: So she's royalty, huh?
Colonel: Princess Anthiese went into hiding at a young age after an attempted coup led to the murder of her entire family. She's since stayed at a priory, and in turn became a priestess of Mila, skilled in both swordplay and magic.
Snake: I wouldn't expect a holy woman to be fighting here.
Colonel: She may be kind, but don't underestimate her, Snake. Her magic can call upon the powers of fire, thunder, wind, and holy light. You'd do well to stay away. Her magic is powerful, but it comes at the cost of her health. Prolonged use of her magic makes her easier to take out. Use that to your advantage.
Snake: Have her whittle away at her own health, huh? Got it.

Overview:

Like in Shadows of Valentia's dungeon segments, Celica is followed by a small wisp of fire. This is mostly cosmetic and serves as a neat way for her to animate some of her attacks, but also benefits from her neutral special, wherein she can increase its size the more she charges her Fire spell special. This increases the size of some of her attacks' hit boxes at the expense of more recoil damage, and after firing off her charged Fire or Ragnarok, the wisp fizzles back to its original size.

In reference to Gaiden and Shadows of Valentia's unique magic system, Celica takes a variant of Pichu's self damage gimmick, but better executed. Celica does more self damage the more potent her spells are, but can reliably kill using them. Her issue stems from her being the epitome of a glass cannon, as she can't take hits well at all, especially when using her higher recoil spells. In addition to reflecting her game of origin's mechanics, her moveset also reflects her personality and character, with her gracefulness coming through in her use of the Beloved Zofia and her penchant for self-sacrifice for the greater good coming through in her powerful spells' recoil.

So yeah, tell me what you think!
Loving the full on mage concept, much better than what I expect to be in Smash. It seems incredibly powerful and varied, but I'm guessing that's offset by self-damage by nearly all her moves.
I'm not sure of the concept of Mila's Turnwheel though. It could easily be too situational or too OP. Perhaps give her a hard to land Nosferatu instead?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Loving the full on mage concept, much better than what I expect to be in Smash. It seems incredibly powerful and varied, but I'm guessing that's offset by self-damage by nearly all her moves.
I'm not sure of the concept of Mila's Turnwheel though. It could easily be too situational or too OP. Perhaps give her a hard to land Nosferatu instead?
Robin already has Nosferatu covered, haha. My concept for Mila's Turnwheel went through a lot of revisions until I found a happy medium of usefulness and practicality, as well as difficulty to pull off. The fact that you need to stay grounded is justified by her entering a kneeling prayer stance, while the five seconds needed to pull it off is justified by needing concentration. Like Cloud's limit charge, it's best used immediately after a kill while the foe is respawning. That way it gives Celica a bit more survivability, since she likely took severe damage GETTING the kill. I think the cost/benefit is fairly even for a high risk/high reward character.

And yeah, as a basic summary, the more powerful a move is, the more knockback you can expect to take.

D

Deleted member

Opossum brought me here. I say she looks like a suitable fighter in my eyes, and she does have a good potential move-set. I feel like Lyn and Chrom alongside her would be nice. I like Fire Emblem.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
This is a hard one for me. I think she could be very unique, which would be amazing. But I super despised her character when playing SoV (Tbh I didn't even finish the game despite how much I love Awakening and, to a lesser extent, Fates). I wouldn't hate to see her but personally I'd rather see someone from the FE Switch game (Which I'm secretly hoping is a Genealogy remake so feel free to give me Deirdre or Arvis)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a hard one for me. I think she could be very unique, which would be amazing. But I super despised her character when playing SoV (Tbh I didn't even finish the game despite how much I love Awakening and, to a lesser extent, Fates). I wouldn't hate to see her but personally I'd rather see someone from the FE Switch game (Which I'm secretly hoping is a Genealogy remake so feel free to give me Deirdre or Arvis)
What made you despise her?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
What made you despise her?
It could very well just be the 20-year-old writing but I just didn't like her personality much. I found her being an absolute jerk to Alm in midgame completely unnecessary. I'd have avoided her army altogether if Boey and Mae weren't adorable

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It could very well just be the 20-year-old writing but I just didn't like her personality much. I found her being an absolute jerk to Alm in midgame completely unnecessary. I'd have avoided her army altogether if Boey and Mae weren't adorable
Honestly I completely get why she acted the way she did, and Alm definitely wasn't without fault in the scene either.

Given the vision she received from Mila at the start of Act II, and the fact that Alm was attempting to wage war on an empire built on strength in warfare I'd say there was ample room for her to question Alm's judgment. And then at the same time Alm is implying the Zofian royal family is totally useless (inadvertently calling Celica useless in the process) despite Celica literally having liberated Zofia's ports immediately beforehand...and yet, she can't say that to him because she can't reveal her identity. Add in Alm throwing in some snide remarks ("If I didn't know any better I'd think I was talking to a blueblood.") and I can see why she was upset.

Celica did step over the line too (by implying Alm had a conqueror's bloodlust), but the game later goes to outright show that both were at fault.
That's my take on it, anyway.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Echoes was amazing. While I could more easily envision Alm in Smash due to his combat animations (literally 50% of his moves could already be drawn from them), Celica is also a great option, and I'd be very excited for her inclusion. Shadows of Valentia was a great game. Also her army was pretty tight with all the Dread Fighters (my favorite class). Anyway she's the first actual Mage Lord of the Fire Emblem franchise. I think they'd make her a sort of Robin semi-clone honestly, just for convenience sake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm honestly really excited that Brave Celica is gonna be a thing. Hoping they use her Rigain design for it. The Overclass designs in general are either really good or really terrible, in my opinion, but the Rigain was one of the really good ones.

Plus, Hidari art.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm honestly really excited that Brave Celica is gonna be a thing. Hoping they use her Rigain design for it. The Overclass designs in general are either really good or really terrible, in my opinion, but the Rigain was one of the really good ones.

Plus, Hidari art.
If Brave Alm also gonna be a thing? I really liked his persona in Echoes honestly. Tho, I'd love to have both or either on the roster honestly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unfortunately Alm only got to 4th on the male side. I believe it's Hector and Ephraim who will get Brave alts for the boys.
Still, at the very least Alm did really well. Only beaten by Hector, Ephraim, and Marth on the guy's side.

Top Bottom