• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Caution - High Voltage - Pichu for Smash Switch

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder if Rage being a thing will actually be a game changer for Pichu....

Also, PICHU'S BACK! Holy crud, I was holding out VERY slim hope, and it actually happened!

PF9

Smash Lord
If you don't like the character then this thread is not for you. There are rules against coming into character support threads and stating a dislike for the character if I am not mistaken.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I Agree; I honestly despise BOTH of them; Pichu for being too Weak, and Bayonetta for Being too Super-OP(and Other Personal Reasons) TBH, I Really DO feel that way about both characters
Yeah but the issue there is that "too weak" and "too OP" are not inherent traits of those characters. They're simply how those characters were implimented in their last installment.
Power levels can change so there's no good reason to use them as basis for whether or not you'd like to see a character back.

If you don't like the character then this thread is not for you. There are rules against coming into character support threads and stating a dislike for the character if I am not mistaken.
There are rules against flaming and the way in which detractors usually enter these threads definitely falls under them. I do not believe that there is any rule against actively disliking a character in their respective threads, though, so long as it's not "I hate this character, lol, need more words." spam, actively attacking the fanbase or trolling them for a reaction.

I have been doing my best to educate MiisForSmash6 above and will continue to do so so long as their is hope for them.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I just wish they gave the electric mice realistic fur. If it's good enough for Lucario then the Chus should have it too.

D

Deleted member

Congrats, guys, I played a lot of Pichu in Melee and he's gonna be on my list of prospective mains.
Just remember, you're gonna be the cannon fodder for a lot of complaining children, along with the Bayo guys (except for the opposite reason of being broken), so good luck.
You're not a true Smash Bros. champion unless you can beat Bayonetta as Pichu. That's the 'ultimate' challenge. ;)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mentioned this before, but Pichu has his own little bar thingy that was shown in the trailer. Pichu was fighting Marth in that shot but even when their portraits were blurred, Marth didn't have one like it. Either I'm late or Pichu has way more to show than we think.

pichu.png

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Mentioned this before, but Pichu has his own little bar thingy that was shown in the trailer. Pichu was fighting Marth in that shot but even when their portraits were blurred, Marth didn't have one like it. Either I'm late or Pichu has way more to show than we think.

View attachment 148231
It's a zoomed in shot of the Green Greens platform.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Very happy to see my old Melee favourite back in the action once more!

I am curious as to how they will balance Pichu out this time as well. Perhaps give him more damage to really live up to the high risk-high reward character he should have been? Perhaps it's just me, but he does seem a bit faster like in the Mewtwo vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCpZHVIv9Q

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The decimal damage percentage is interesting. That nerfs his self-damage downside by quite a lot.

With rage, it will be interesting to see how he shapes up Hopefully he gets some proper balancing. If the stars align, he could be a dark horse.

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
I'm late, but I'm very happy Pichu's back. I really wanted him back, as I can't explain it, but he's a lot of fun.
Plus, his expressions and details are astounding. Such a well used color pallet for Pichu.
I'm very much looking forward to the SSBU's release, to see Pichu going head-to-head once again.

I understand the self-damage isn't ideal, and honestly I think they should remove that from him. So in turn, it won't or possibly won't be a big burden for him, when it comes to playing as him.
Would actually make sense too. As Pichu more then likely has been putting in the time to hone his body.

Still. It may be hard to tell by reading text, but I really am super excited about this!

We know Pikachu never forgot his little brother. As he had his little brother's goggles on loan, as wish of good luck.
Guess Pikachu thought he was ready this time to return. Pichu put in the hours after all.

Let's see how Pichu's hard work payed off.
No matter what happens, do your best Pichu.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Hehehehe who’s ready to lay down some savage level disrespect by whooping some ass with Pichu

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Both my most wanted veterans were revealed at the same time, it feels like absolute perfection. Literally the most hype part of the entire direct for me.
Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 1.07.38 AM.png

Also, since no one else has posted it yet, here's everything from the main site.
Pichu.png
I can't wait to play as him.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I can already see pichu players abusing the self affliction gimmick to take advantage of rages knockback effect x_x

Trolololol?!
Sounds less trollish or more like optimization, if I'm at a high enough percent where most attacks'll kill me, it'd make sense to boost my percent and rage further, right? Also sounds like it could be pretty good in doubles, just going full glass cannon, but that's just me theory crafting lol.

Watch Out!

Smash Rookie
Yes! My main is back! This is definitely going to be the best game in the series so far.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not gonna lie, of all the returning veterans, Pichu, Young Link and Squirtle felt the most hype for me. Especially since NOBODY would ever expect them back! Wolf felt kinda tame for this very reason for example. So did the Ice Climbers, but the fact EVERY character in Smash ever is back is just amazing. Am gonna give Pichu a try yet again. Hopefully this time there's actually certain advantages of picking Pichu over Pikachu, because in Melee ... picking Pichu was the inferiour choice (much like Marth and Roy lol).

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Both my most wanted veterans were revealed at the same time, it feels like absolute perfection. Literally the most hype part of the entire direct for me.
View attachment 148266

Also, since no one else has posted it yet, here's everything from the main site.
I can't wait to play as him.
:3 Awww, too much adorableness to handle! ^u^ It brings me back so many memories of using him in Melee, and now I can experience that again along with my favorite dragon and villain of all time.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Dtilt into thunder combos. Uthrow into uair as well. Might be a legit killthrow? Im hoping pichu will at least be mid tier

PF9

Smash Lord
I hope Pichu still falls asleep when he crouches. That is so adorable (especially since I have the sleeping Pichu plush).

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I hope Pichu still falls asleep when he crouches. That is so adorable (especially since I have the sleeping Pichu plush).
What would be insane is if Pichu recovered health while crouching. As weird as it sounds, I'm kinda hoping they don't buff his weight. I love the idea of Pichu being a glass cannon, and heal-crouching would give him a fantastic way to force approaches and counteract being lighter than Jiggs.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What would be insane is if Pichu recovered health while crouching. As weird as it sounds, I'm kinda hoping they don't buff his weight. I love the idea of Pichu being a glass cannon, and heal-crouching would give him a fantastic way to force approaches and counteract being lighter than Jiggs.
Yes, it would be insane. I really hope they don't do something like that.

I am curious as to how they will balance Pichu out this time as well. Perhaps give him more damage to really live up to the high risk-high reward character he should have been? Perhaps it's just me, but he does seem a bit faster like in the Mewtwo vid? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCpZHVIv9Q
Pichu should not be more of a heavy hitter than Pikachu. It wouldn't make sense. His power should lie in speed, combos and multihits.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I had an event match idea. This event would force you to choose Ness, Lucas, Young Link, Toon Link, Villager, or Inkling - all of which are children. The objective is to protect Pichu, who is sleeping while crouching, from being KOed. You would face a random villain character (representing a "bully") during the event. The event name is "Babysitting".

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Just dropping in to say congrats to all the Pichu mains and faithful on the return of Pichu! There are only a few left I'm sure, but those that held on for 17 years have been rewarded.

I complained about the deletion of Wolf, but when coming back here for the first time in years, it occured to me that you guys are the fanbase that has it worst. Waluigi supporters moan and groan, Wolf, Snake and ICs rejoice about an annoying decade wait, but you guys had to wait 7 years longer and get belittled the whole time by naysayers that insisted it would never happen.

Your character was treated as a joke by everyone, but after 17 years you guys finally get the last laugh. Congrats guys.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I had never expected that Pichu would be back. But, it's good to have her back in the Smash Arena.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'd like the Snake Codec to involve Mei Ling and the Palutena's Guidance to involve Viridi.

If they thought Pikachu was cute, wait until they get a look at Pichu.

Hekpo

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
1085-1940-2511
I'd like the Snake Codec to involve Mei Ling and the Palutena's Guidance to involve Viridi.

If they thought Pikachu was cute, wait until they get a look at Pichu.
What does that even mean. Mei Ling isn't in the game and has nothing to do with Snake. Same with Viridi. And that last thing too, what does that even mean! Is that supposed to be a signature or something.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I seriously never knew how much I wanted Pichu back until I saw him.

Seriously, with how long it's been since Melee and Gen 2, Pichu as a character/species has had time to develop more of an identity from Pikachu, and the trailers shows that. He's bouncy, he's expressive, he's silly, he's just as he should be.

Really happy for you guys, and really looking forward to see how they continue to make Pichu better. Seriously, from the looks of his character trailer his side tilt can STUN people now, that's nutty.

Now you BETTER give us Spiky Eared Pichu as an alt, Sakurai...

Last edited:

Hekpo

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
1085-1940-2511
Yea, we definitely need spiky ear Pichu. In melee we had more than just different colors, we had goggles and stuff like that. Point being that there are no limitations with color palettes only being held to colors. So I believe we can get spiky ear.

MetroLSD

Smash Apprentice
I heard that the Rage mechanic has been toned down, do you guys think that would hinder Pichu’s role as a glass cannon?

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
What does that even mean. Mei Ling isn't in the game and has nothing to do with Snake. Same with Viridi. And that last thing too, what does that even mean! Is that supposed to be a signature or something.
PF9 is referring to the Shadow Moses and Palutena's Temple special taunt conversations. Mei Ling talks to Snake about Pikachu in Brawl & comments on how cute he is -- same with Viridi to Pit in 4.

Now, not positive that they'll add in more Shadow Moses Codecs or Palutena's Temple Guidances (or even keep them in at all), but it would be cute. I'll gladly take any amount of new Pichu flair :drflip:

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I heard that the Rage mechanic has been toned down, do you guys think that would hinder Pichu’s role as a glass cannon?
If it is still in the game, then that could be beneficial for Pichu. However, I still would find it hilarious if they are able to make Pichu one of the best characters in Smash Ultimate.

Top Bottom