• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm V - CT - Might happen some day.. maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Actually it's a valid question, this tournament was supposed to happen over a year ago and finding a new suitable and affordable venue has been extremely problematic. I do intend to hold one final event for the smash community as somewhat of a farewell event but I can't say when that will happen sadly. Time is just very hard to come by lately and I now work 9pm-5am making it even more complicated.

Essentially I just want to thank everyone for their continued interest in this event, and I will do my best to get an amazing venue and date set for the most fun smash event you can imagine in 2011 :)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I intend to make it happen but the venue I had was just too expensive, and I haven't found a new venue yet. On top of that I have to wait for the full MLG schedule and Blizzcon date so I can schedule around that as work won't allow me to have more than 1 long weekend a month.

Hope is not lost! Patch dat balloon son

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I now work 9pm-5am making it even more complicated.
This isn't a typo, right? You actually work at night and sleep in the day?

I intend to make it happen but the venue I had was just too expensive, and I haven't found a new venue yet. On top of that I have to wait for the full MLG schedule and Blizzcon date so I can schedule around that as work won't allow me to have more than 1 long weekend a month.

Hope is not lost! Patch dat balloon son
Do you actually work for MLG as a second part time job? Is that why you have to wait until they post their full schedule? I was under the impression that Brawl is no longer supported by MLG so scheduling shouldn't be an issue.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
This isn't a typo, right? You actually work at night and sleep in the day?

Do you actually work for MLG as a second part time job? Is that why you have to wait until they post their full schedule? I was under the impression that Brawl is no longer supported by MLG so scheduling shouldn't be an issue.
Not a typo correct, i work at night and sleep during the day. It sucks a lot haha

MLG is indeed like a second part time job, I should be a Starcraft II referee this season (i'm pretty active with that community also)

Nomads was several thousand.... I don't even remember the asking amount but it was high... too risky , event would need a minimum of 200 people to break even before considering other expenses like chair rentals and such

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I really doubt the owner cares whether or not some of his staff works there in terms of the pricing format for his venue.... but your welcome to try XD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you should just delay it a full year and make it october of this year or so

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Yeah at this point im just going to say the event is off until further notice. If I do end up setting up another event it will likely be under a different name. Sorry guys~

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Actually I would like for the thread to be closed. I will run events in 2012 but 2011 is looking impossible just due to life being absurdly busy.

If I wish to keep the thread I'll just have it unlocked when the time comes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom