• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm V - CT - Might happen some day.. maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
As far as i know both whitemage and jake said they'd let me spearhead the running of brawl plus, so you can def look forward to brawl + happening at this event : )

(doom, no more trashin bplus or imma slap you -____- )

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I'm working on the contest guidelines as we speak. :)

We'll have plenty of time. There will be prizes available (even a free singles entry to this event....), all the custom stages chosen will have reports written personally by me with videos to test them. This includes an actual custom stage tournament, so you know they aren't just friendlies!
good stuff, looking forward to this

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Doom talk to Veril or some of the other people behind Brawl+ they could probably explain better. Like I said, i don't play Marth and don't know the specifics of why. Just tossing out a quick version of what I've gleaned.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Sorry OBM, you's my d00d and all, but what they're doing to that game is getting stupid imo. :/

And Ace, I asked JCaesar at Pound and he said it was to reduce camping.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well usually when people introduce a new ruleset, there's some sort of explanation that goes with it

i'm wondering why corneria was brought back but some of the others (floats, mute city, etc) weren't

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well I told KevM I wanted a more liberal stage list for melee and that's what he gave me, I'll shoot him a message and have him explain it for you.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
well usually when people introduce a new ruleset, there's some sort of explanation that goes with it

i'm wondering why corneria was brought back but some of the others (floats, mute city, etc) weren't
Basically the fact that OWM wanted a more liberal stage list, and I didn't want to go bringing back all the ridiculous stages, floats and MC being two of the more noted ones which you had already mentioned. However the fact was if OWM wanted a more liberal stagelist instead of taking away some of the stages that irked players with the pound4 stage list (namely brinstar) I added a stage that would in theory directly balance that counterpick. As in a good floaty stage being brinstar being balanced by a good fox, falco stage in corneria.

I didn't want to bring back a multitude of stages for fear of it becoming to much of a hassle to explain why each one of them could technically be allowed in tournament play, I for one haven't seen anything banworthy in a lot of the CPs that were magically removed off the list in the seemingly last year or so. But if we're not going to include floats, green greens, mute city, etc, that was the most basic balance I could find.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You did a pretty good job. You have two floaty stages (brinstar is great, DK64 is okay), two ffaller stages (Corneria is great, PS1 is okay), and one stage that greatly rewards mobility. The original starters do not reward mobility nearly as much save for DL64, and due to 3/5 being your greatest number of matches I don't forsee any issues in the sense that someone would have all their CPs banned or someone would have too big an advantage.

Theoretically characters that prefer small stages are at a heavy disadvantage due to having only Yoshi's Story, but that'd be a really long discussion I don't want to touch.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone get hyped for my $5 MM with OS, no timer, no stalling rules, MK vs ROB. I hope I have enough time after we're done to run the tournament.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If Hazy goes to this, there's no way I'm not going.

Just put everything good on Sunday.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You did a pretty good job. You have two floaty stages (brinstar is great, DK64 is okay), two ffaller stages (Corneria is great, PS1 is okay), and one stage that greatly rewards mobility. The original starters do not reward mobility nearly as much save for DL64, and due to 3/5 being your greatest number of matches I don't forsee any issues in the sense that someone would have all their CPs banned or someone would have too big an advantage.

Theoretically characters that prefer small stages are at a heavy disadvantage due to having only Yoshi's Story, but that'd be a really long discussion I don't want to touch.
That was actually one of the concerns I was looking at but for the most part they have BF and FoD as well. I didn't want to bring back green greens for fear of imbalancing what I had already set out to do.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Awesome now everyone who wants to qq about their infractions/bans can now call Kevin.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Omg Please Make It Ct...please... Ma Has Tournies Every ****ing Weekend And Ct Has No Tournies Anymore Since Dm Closed...

i hate smashboards auto "get rid of caps lock" function... ^^^^ is supposed to be in all caps

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Hot Karls Shaft

Smash in Chelmsford

DNA Gaming 2

Every single week this month has had a tourny in mass, which is about the same amount of tournies ct has had in the past 5 months. Plus, CT is closer to everywhere basically except maine.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Mass has no regular series left save DNA. No one else is hosting anymore, it seems. And you could be running stuff at that Stratford venue.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If its anything like cata 3 for melee i'll be there. Before p4 cata 3 was my fav tourney ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom