• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Casual] Ness in multiplayer

BahnCalamari

Smash Rookie
I have a regular play group that often likes to unwind with some 4p free-for-all. I have been finding that my Ness is just getting wrecked in these matches as there is too much going on to properly space or combo.

Does anyone else play mutliplayer with Ness? How should I be mixing up my game for this mode?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
4P FFA is extremely volatile. as Ness the best thing to do is just run away to the sides and camp unless you have a guaranteed hit/kill. don't get involved in 3 or 4 player scuffles unless you're in a really good position. just throw PKFs in there and Flash/PKT2 if it's really stacked in there. if someone tries to chase you they're probably going to get bopped by another player. if not then hit them back into the others. shields are really good since grabbing and throwing can leave one very open. 3P is like 4P with a bit more fundamentals and less chaos.

traditionally the mindset for FFA is just to run up, make a mess and hope you come out of it relatively better off. it's like doubles, but with four "teams" instead of two. characters that rely on zoning will find the risk-reward especially unappealing in a multiplayer scuffle. so... why get involved if you can just sit back and wait for the other three players to rack up % on each other? of course there's the notion of teaming up, but if your play group decides to do that to you it'll be pretty hard for you to win anyway.

Top Bottom