• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simon Belmont CONFIRMED PLAYABLE for Super Smash Bros Ultimate! Simon Belmont-exclusive Social Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So somebody interviewed some staff of Konami on more Switch support after Super Bomberman R's decent success and they name dropped Castlevania. They took note of how popular the Castlevania IP was and the positive fan reception for the upcoming Netflix anime, but can't confirm if they have anything new for the Switch.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/06/...occurring-within-the-company-on-switch-games/

We are on to you, Konami. We will be always watching you.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Konami needs to make a new Castlevania game starring Simon Belmont for the Switch. "Super Castlevania R" has a nice ring to it. :awesome:

Also, the name I came up with implies the game is like Super Castlevania IV... which is the idea. I just love that 8 direction whip so much. But I also would like that game to be a Metroidvania style game... kinda like how Castlevania II Simon's Quest tried to be.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm not a big supporter of Simo but i cant deny his merits nor konami being konami. He would be a fantastic character and I would ptob enjoy him the most out of all the Konami potential newcomers and veterans.
I REEEEALLY hope Nintendo does something like this with their IPs. The Mario and Zelda cartoons are major disservices to those games' potential. The F-Zero and Kirby animes weren't bad, and the Pokemon anime has real good highs, but there is SO MUCH more Nintendo can do.

Imagine, like, Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin mini series all leading into a SMASH BROS anime? Yes please!
Yes. Even better an Nintendo Cinematic Universe alongside the cartoons and animes. :)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yes. Even better an Nintendo Cinematic Universe alongside the cartoons and animes. :)
I don't want a Cinematic Universe. As an aspiring director I've thought up the scenario of a Nintendo Cinematic Experience. Which is basically a Universe but each movie or show doesn't have to strictly exist in each other's universe. Like they don't have to acknowledge in a Fire Emblem movie that a near-catastrophic event occurred in a previous Zelda movie's Hyrule because, y'know, it doesn't exist in Fire Emblem.

This also allows movies and shows like Fire Emblem, Mario, and Zelda to be fully animated while others like Metroid and Metal Gear are allowed to flourish I'm live action and even allow series like Castlevania to dabble in both. This might seem jarring in some instances but it's just a way of saying "You can be a Metroid fan without liking Mario" if you catch my drift.

The characters would then obviously crossover in a fully animated Super Smash Bros. It's a big personal goal for me to try and get these game series into cinema if I ever make it to the big leagues. I even have a fully written script for an F-Zero movie! Of course, these are just ideas from an aspiring director. I'm in no way capable of it yet but I hope I will someday soon. Gotta get through film school first though. Wish me luck! :)

And if you ever want to ask about my personal ideas, you're always free to do so. Preferable through PM, of course.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... I was playing Breath of the Wild... and I thought that it would be so awesome if there's a Castlevania game like that. Imagine a huge game world where you explore Transylvania and visit many locations like the towns and mansions from Simon's Quest... and explore forests, lakes, mountains, and Dracula's Castle like we do in Breath of the Wild.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ehhh, I'd rather Castlevania just go back to basics. There's so many generic open world type games now anyway that it gets kinda stale, doing all those chores and grinding, etc. Even as good as Breath of the Wild is, I maintain the notion that if it didn't have the Zelda title and was just any other open world game or an original IP, it would've just had somewhere from meh to okay reactions and gotten lost somewhere in the shuffle. Unpopular opinion perhaps among all the hype surrounding BotW, but yeah. Not denying it could work well for Castlevania though but I'd just prefer something more classic.

Last edited:

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So... I was playing Breath of the Wild... and I thought that it would be so awesome if there's a Castlevania game like that. Imagine a huge game world where you explore Transylvania and visit many locations like the towns and mansions from Simon's Quest... and explore forests, lakes, mountains, and Dracula's Castle like we do in Breath of the Wild.
>The Vampire Killer has a 10 min rechange time
>****ty story
>Racism
>Boring OST

Yeah no thanks.

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Okay... don't buy it then.
I can't something if it doesn't exist, oh wait you we're talking about Zelda, Yeah I have no plans to buy that piece of crap but enough about Zelda, this a Simon Belmont thread so let's talk alts, Richer or Trevor colors or actually Alt Costumes?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why not both?
  1. Original NES design (default)
  2. Simon's Quest costume
  3. Haunted Castle costume
  4. Super Castlevania IV blue costume (Japanese box art)
  5. Super Castlevania IV gold costume (International box art)
  6. Castlevania Chronicles redesign
  7. Castlevania Judgment redesign
  8. Lord of Shadows redesign
  1. Christopher Belmont (The Adventure)
  2. Trevor Belmont (Dracula's Curse)
  3. Richter Belmont (Rondo of Blood)
  4. John Morris (Bloodlines)
  5. Reinhardt Schneider (Castlevania 64)
  6. Nathan Graves (Circle of the Moon)
  7. Juste Belmont (Harmony of Dissonance)
  8. Jonathan Morris (Portrait of Ruin)
I only picked the playable Castlevania characters who actually use the whip.

Captain Phobos

Smash Apprentice
(Fist attacks are point blank, and whip attacks are akin to Marth's range)

- Attacks have high knockback.
- Medium sized heavy weight (akin to Ganondorf).
- Medium-high movement speed.
- Short first jump, then slightly higher second jump.
- Jab does 4 fist attacks and does a total of 8% (2% per jab).
- Dash attack slides across the ground (akin to Mario) for a short distance and does 7%.
- F tilt whip in front of him (akin to Marth's F tilt) and does 8%).
- D tilt whip out in front of his legs (akin to Marth's D tilt) and does 7%.
- U tilt whip in an arch above his head and does 7%.
- Nair does a kick (akin to Link's nair) and does 12%.
- Fair whips out in front of Simon in an arching motion (akin to Marth's fair) and does 16%,
- Bair kicks backwards (akin to Mario's bair) and does 15%.
- Uair kicks upwards (akin to Fox's uair) and does 17%.
- Dair quickly whips downward (akin to Marth's dair) and does 19%.
(Smash attacks fully charge in 1.5 seconds).
- F smash whips outward (akin to Bayonetta's F smash) and does 19% - 38%.
- U smash whips entirely around Simon's body (akin to Ike's U smash) and does 12% - 36%
- D smash whips around Simon's feel (akin to Shulk's D smash) and does 20% - 40%.
- Neutral special pulls out a cross that functions like Peach's neutral special, but lasts shorter and does higher damage.
- Side special is akin to ZSS's side special, but has 75% of the range and does 16% with mild hit stun.
- Up special is akin to Ryu's up special, but has a fiery aura and has no "true" shoryuken.
- Down special toggles a vile of holy water that while being drank will heal 2% damage each second.
- Grab utilizes the whip by whipping out in front of Simon (akin to Samus or ZSS) but gets 10% weaker each time used per stock.
- Pummel does 4%.
- F throw has decent knockback and does 9%.
- B throw has massive knockback but only does 4%.
- U throw has decent knockback, and does 8%.
- D throw has little knockback, and does 10%.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Simon Belmont definitely deserves a spot so we can all reenact Captain N The Game Master in Smash.
Just give us Snake too. Capcom and Sega get two characters, so let Konami have two as well.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont definitely deserves a spot so we can all reenact Captain N The Game Master in Smash.
They also need to give us Captain N.

I'd settle for a Mii costume that let's you dress your character as Captain N.

I love the character, and he's been on my wishlist a while. I just struggle to think of the moveset he deserves. Every time I think of the throwing axe, I see it as a re-skinned Yoshi egg toss. The holy water vial is PK Fire. The boomerang is like Link's, throwing knives like Sheik's needles, and all whip play derivative of Zero Suit Samus.

I'm also trying to get the image of him in DreamMix TV out of my head, it being a janky Smash imitator. It's influencing my concept negatively.

But I see Simon in his Ayami Kojima art and I know this is the purest version of the character, the one that deserves to be in Smash, along with his series' settings, characters, and music. I can't think of a good moveset for Simon, but it's a good thing Sakurai's a more creative guy than I am.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I love the character, and he's been on my wishlist a while. I just struggle to think of the moveset he deserves. Every time I think of the throwing axe, I see it as a re-skinned Yoshi egg toss. The holy water vial is PK Fire. The boomerang is like Link's, throwing knives like Sheik's needles, and all whip play derivative of Zero Suit Samus.
We have a lot of characters with reskinned moves anyway.

Kirby, Yoshi, and Bowser have similar Down+B.
Kirby, Ike, and Cloud have similar Up+B.
Kirby's Side+B and King Dedede's Down+B are similar.
Fox's Down+B and Zelda's B are similar.
Bowser and Charizard have similar B.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Sign me up as a supporter! Simon Belmont would definitely be one of the coolest additions to the next Smash!

I also like the idea someone said earlier of having both Classic design and the Castlevania Chronicles design (my favorite) similiar to how Bayonetta has 2 costumes. Im guessing the classic design will be the one used though if he gets in.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have, and I do recommend watching it for those who haven't yet.
I really liked it! This show is certainly aimed towards mature audiences considering the gore and language... but the storyline and characters are pretty good. The animation and the setting are also pretty good. I just wish that there were more episodes in the first season. At least the second season will have 8 episodes.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It was nothing but quality. Said 2nd season won't come out till next year though apparently...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo just trademarked the N64 controller! Maybe it means Nintendo is working on the N64 Classic Edition and they might announce it next year.

I hope it includes Castlevania 64 or Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Are character support threads in the actual forums a thing again? Neat.

Also, the Netflix series has done a good job of raising the profile of the IP, and it stars a Belmont. So there's that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Are character support threads in the actual forums a thing again? Neat.

Also, the Netflix series has done a good job of raising the profile of the IP, and it stars a Belmont. So there's that.
I still need to see it. I've heard good things about it.

Glad the anime was popular enough for a second season in the future.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Finished the castlevania anime. It's quiete good I'd give it a 6/10.

The story is alright but it is very beautiful with some decent fight choreography. Somehow some of it felt like filler which is terrible since its only 4 episodes.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Finished the castlevania anime. It's quiete good I'd give it a 6/10.

The story is alright but it is very beautiful with some decent fight choreography. Somehow some of it felt like filler which is terrible since its only 4 episodes.
Yeah, a lot of fans disliked the short length (and the forced swearing to a lesser extent).

But at least with the second season, it will be bigger with more espies. Now that would be exciting.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am really excited about playing Super Castlevania IV again next month when SNES Classic Edition comes out. I successfully pre-ordered one from Best Buy. :awesome:

Quillion

Smash Hero
@Xeno VII: I've had a full moveset idea that I've been saving for a long time. Please add it!

Simon has his Chronicles appearance as a default, and his SCIV appearance as an alt.

His normals are mainly based on the whip upgrade system from Leather Whip to Chain Whip.
  • Neutral-A: Leather Whip. A 1-2-rapid attack. Simon whips two times, then twirls his whip. He finishes the twirl with one final strike.
  • Tilt-A (all): Morning Star. Simon whips once in one of 8 directions depending on where the stick is held. Has longer range than Neutral-A.
    • Tilt+hold A: Brandish. Simon holds his whip out and can move it in any direction. Introduced in SCIV, and similar to Sheik's previous Chain special.
  • Smash-A: Flame Whip. Like tilts, Simon whips in one of 8 directions. But the attack is even longer-ranged and has a flame property. As a nod to the final Morning Star upgrade, there is a spiked ball at the end which provides a sweetspot.
  • Neutral-Air: Simon uses his Leather Whip and spins around, hitting on both sides.
  • All other-Air: Simon uses his chain whip and attacks in the requisite direction. Diagonally down for forward-air, horizontally backwards for back-air, and up/down for up and down-air.
His specials are based on four subweapons from Castlevania: Dagger, Cross, Holy Water, and Axe.
  • Neutral-B: Item Throw. Throws the current subweapon.
    • Dagger: Weakest of the subweapons, but can be thrown rapidly and has highest range.
    • Cross: Works similarly to Link's Boomerang. Does moderate damage and can have up to 2 on screen.
    • Holy Water: Explodes on contact with opponent or floor and does heavy rapid-fire damage similar to Ness's PK Fire.
    • Axe: Can KO on opponents ~120% and does heavy damage. Travels in a high arc.
  • Side-B: Tackle: Simon dashes forward while twirling his whip.
  • Up-B: Uppercut: Simon jumps with his fist in the air with his whip wrapped around his arm.
  • Down-B: Item Change. Cycles between the four subweapons in the order of Dagger, Cross, Holy Water, and Axe.
  • Final Smash: Item Crash. Simon has four different Final Smashes based on the current subweapon.
    • Dagger -> Thousand Edge: Simon throws a flurry of daggers in front of him. Opponents are trapped in the flurry, then launched as it ends.
    • Cross -> Grand Cross: Simon levitates while a giant energy cross appears behind him. Has a vacuum effect, and opponents that are caught in its hitbox are trapped until it finishes. Finally, the cross explodes in a flash, launching opponents.
    • Holy Water -> Hydro Storm: Simon summons a downpour of Holy Water. Continuously damages all enemies on screen for up to 90% damage, but doesn't flinch anyone.
    • Axe -> Axe Sweep: Simon creates a circle of axes which then spiral outward in increasingly wide circles. Has best balance of kill power and range.

D

Deleted member

With the Wii Shop Channel being closed soon, all of the WiiWare games and the Virtual Console games currently unavailable on Wii U will inevitably be no longer available for purchase. Among these games include the excellent Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth. While there's still a chance that the former may still join the Wii U VC lineup (or you can get the PSP remake if you have that option), the latter has remained a WiiWare exclusive. So I recommend purchasing at least ReBirth while you still can if you haven't already.

As unlikely as my gut tells me it is, I'd be grateful if Konami ported Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth, along with the Contra and Gradius ReBirth games, to newer platforms like the Switch so that more people can experience them. If a Switch port happened, then it'd be interesting to play these on the go.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Always been a huge supporter of Simon Belmont! (And Castlevania).

This time, Simon is so high on my list, that if I didn't have 2 suggestions of my own, he'd be my most wanted for sure.

We need a whip-using character, and it has to be Simon Belmont.

D

Deleted member

I only played the first game (which I don't remember much of) and part of III, but I think Simon is the most deserving canidate for a second Konami character due to Castlevania being one of the most memorable NES games. That, and I think he could have a cool moveset.

I support!

inb4 they give him the Belmont's NES physics

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I want a character with a whipsword. Barring that, a whip would be fun. I support Simon (unless the whip sword in Bloodstained turns out well).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For those who enjoyed season one of the Castlevania Netflix series, I have some exciting news for you.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Always been a huge supporter of Simon Belmont! (And Castlevania).

This time, Simon is so high on my list, that if I didn't have 2 suggestions of my own, he'd be my most wanted for sure.

We need a whip-using character, and it has to be Simon Belmont.
I support all of the characters in your sig.

And yes, if we have a whip-cracking fighter in Smash, it has to be the original and iconic whip-cracking video game character and that’s Simon Belmont.

Also, glad to see that Castlevania Season 2 will have 8 episodes at least. I loved Season 1 but disliked that there was only 4 episodes. My ideal episode amount for a season is 52. One episode per week for a whole year... especially when the characters and the settings and the stories are so interesting. :awesome:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly seeing Simon in smash is so damn easy for me. I honestly could see a Dracula's Castle stage, Simon playable, Alucard as the assist trophy, and Drac as maybe a story boss or whatever. Also I expect the stage music to be on point. If we don't get metroidvania songs and just get remixes of Nes tunes I will be mad.

D

Deleted member

Honestly seeing Simon in smash is so damn easy for me. I honestly could see a Dracula's Castle stage, Simon playable, Alucard as the assist trophy, and Drac as maybe a story boss or whatever. Also I expect the stage music to be on point. If we don't get metroidvania songs and just get remixes of Nes tunes I will be mad.
Which reminds me, I've been thinking of adding Metroidvania music to the OP for some time, from Symphony of the Night in particular since that's always been one of my favorite soundtracks in the entire series.

EDIT: Added music that originated from Metroidvanias to the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Cosider me a supporter for Simon! While my most wanted character from Konami is muh boi Snake, I would love if they added alongside him Simon and Bomberman. Those three are my most wanted TP characters for the next Smash!

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I'd actually like to see Dracula as a support trophy. he could teleport around the screen, open his cape, and then use that triple fireball attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom