• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania on Netflix will end with Season 4

Castlevania.jpg

On May 13th, the entire fourth season of the Netflix animated series of Castlevania will come to an end. Castlevania has been absolutely key to both Netflix with animation, being one of Netflix's first original animated series, and Netflix's first anime series. Castlevania has also been key for more video game adaptations, which include last year's Sonic the Hedgehog and 2019's summer hit, Detective Pikachu. The show has received much critical acclaim, especially from Season 2, with Rotten Tomatoes score of 100%.

Many fans will be sad to see it end, but allegedly, Netflix is eyeing to make a new series in the Castlevania universe [Thanks, Deadline]

Castlevania Season 1, 2, and 3 are out on Netflix, with Season 4 on May 13th.

Author's Note: My memory is fuzzy. It's only what, 32 episodes in total? I may just binge the whole thing. Don't know yet. What are your thoughts?

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I'm suprised it's as popular as it is. Hell, I didn't start getting into it until the second half of season 2. Well, whatever. Hopefully the 4th season tops the last one in spades. Alucard and Isaac carried that season, and if they could just give that same care to our main heroes this go around, I'll be satisfied.

Last edited:
D
Why is this news? Does anyone on this site even care?
Most people: "NOOOOOOOOOOO NETFLIXVANIA IS OVER NOOOOO NOOOO I WANTED TO SEE MORE"
Me:
Honestly. It was so promising but they just started tossing **** around. I'm happy they're not touching Richter and Simon, Smash did them bad enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought bits and pieces of season 3 were messy, but I still liked it. As for the first two seasons, all I can say is 😍.

Wonder how it'll all wrap up.

Last edited:
I was thinking about checking the Netflix Castlevania out. Is it good?
The second season is one of my favourite seasons in all of tv, I think it's worth the watch. Season 1 is decent but it's very short, only four episodes long so it feels just like a lengthy prologue. Season 3 gets weird in places and is less exciting, but overall it doesn't damper the show too much. Overall 8/10 imo.

The second season is one of my favourite seasons in all of tv, I think it's worth the watch. Season 1 is decent but it's very short, only four episodes long so it feels just like a lengthy prologue. Season 3 gets weird in places and is less exciting, but overall it doesn't damper the show too much. Overall 8/10 imo.
Guess I'll check it out than.

Last edited:
Seems like ages since I saw the previous season. I should begin soon so that I can finish in time for the fourth season.

I'd like to see Grant, even it it was just once.

D
They play literally like the Castlevania games why are you disgusted at Sakurai? :nifty: Does he displease your truly superior etiquette of Castlevania prowess?
Uhh, no. But sorry I can't dislike things because people put "hard work and effort" into them.
I'd like to see Grant, even it it was just once.
I'm still bitter about him being dropped, but looking at it now, there's nowhere he could've fit because he had less potential than the main three. Depends on whatever the 4th season's about, I'd love to see his gargoyle form.

You can tell who didn't read the short article when they're celebrating no more Netflixvania when there's a link to an article about another show in the same universe.

D
Then what's your hate boner for the poor Belmonts?
Don't have one.
You can tell who didn't read the short article when they're celebrating no more Netflixvania when there's a link to an article about another show in the same universe.
It likely not Trevor, and it won't drag as long as this one, so I'm still happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really disappointed that it's ending. The show is a gold standard for anime and game adaptations.

Oh, well. DotA Dragon's Blood shows promise and I hope it builds on it.

It will not have Warren Ellis (the man behind many of the bonkers choices that ended making the series unwatchable for me) so that's already good enough. if all the writing team behind this show is thrown off the window but the animation team stays, i might give it a try for the next one.

Im just hoping the next show becomes a clean slate and pretends the previous series didn't happened, and get a writing team that actually played the games and focuses on action and visual storytelling (ala Samurai Jack) and not Game of Thrones-tier wannabe **** with obnoxious OCs. Wishful thinking i know.

They play literally like the Castlevania games why are you disgusted at Sakurai? :nifty: Does he displease your truly superior etiquette of Castlevania prowess?
Probably he's angry that the Belmonts are seen as "HaHa B Spam guys go Whoosh". I love how Simon turned in Smash from moveset to looks to voice, but there's an argument to be made that he and Richter could have been balanced better towards a more agressive playstyle instead of being geared towards "campy" playstyles. (like making him more reliant on his whip, and allow only one projectile on Screen to be thrown by a Belmont, as they can throw Their 3 projectiles at close to each other)

Then again, one could argue Smash Ultimate is just Campier than Adam West's Batman series, and the Belmonts aren't the only ones. (Ness, Links, Sonic, etc)

Or maybe because they are "low Tier" or whatever? I don't know i don't follow competitive Smash that much.

Last edited:
Probably he's angry that the Belmonts are seen as "HaHa B Spam guys go Whoosh". I love how Simon turned in Smash from moveset to looks to voice, but there's an argument to be made that he and Richter could have been balanced better towards a more agressive playstyle instead of being geared towards "campy" playstyles. (like making him more reliant on his whip, and allow only one projectile on Screen to be thrown by a Belmont, as they can throw Their 3 projectiles at close to each other)

Then again, one could argue Smash Ultimate is just Campier than Adam West's Batman series, and the Belmonts aren't the only ones. (Ness, Links, Sonic, etc)

Or maybe because they are "low Tier" or whatever? I don't know i don't follow competitive Smash that much.
The Belmonts are very linear but I love that they play like the actual games. It's why I'm also a huge fan of the fighting game characters, such as their auto-turn around the mechanic. It makes playing the game a lot more fun. Now if only I was actually good at playing them effectively. I feel like I need Firefox notches just to get the angle of their tilts and aerials right.

Something I wish they did was have Richter's holy water slide but being only a one-hit with knockback compared to Simon's PK Fire. Would've been so cool.

Uhh, no. But sorry I can't dislike things because people put "hard work and effort" into them.

I'm still bitter about him being dropped, but looking at it now, there's nowhere he could've fit because he had less potential than the main three. Depends on whatever the 4th season's about, I'd love to see his gargoyle form.
But what is your problem with them?

Top Bottom