• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania´s young magic caster Carrie Fernandez congrats Richter and Simon Belmont as playable characters, and Alucard as an AT!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord

Suggested theme to hear while reading this thread.

Who is Carrie Fernandez?

Born Carmen Fernandez, later adopted as Carrie Eastfield, to later change her name of Carrie Fernandez to honor both of her dead mothers; is a young female character who so far has appeared on both versions of the Castlevania 64 game.

Being an apparent descendant of the vampire hunter witch Sypha Belnades, makes her possess devastating magical powers to defeat her super natural enemies.

Inside the Castlevania story, in 1852 she joins the then Belmont family representative Reinhardt Schneider to fight Dracula and his dark forces. After that, she is never seen or mentioned again in any Castlevania game or tie-in.

So far, with her 2 appearances; she remains inside Nintendo games and systems. Making her a great choice to be inside SSB representing the Castlevania franchise. Plus she does have some loving followers.

But she is hardly known plus there are better representatives from Castlevania than she. Plus her games were not that good.

I played the Castlevania N64 games, and I have to say I did love them. Around the time of their release, Ocarina Of Time was released as well and it did have a similar feeling to it. Well many games from around those years were “transitioning” into 3D and I imagined this was going to be Castlevania’s Ocarina Of Time, and mark a new generational way for the Castlevania series. Alas I was wrong, as most people bashed the games; as indeed it was not as good as OoT but did felt it was nice that it tried and was expecting for “future” Castlevania games on Nintendo, but that didn’t go as I imagined. But at times I wonder what if the game had been released on Playstation...? Would people still hate it?

And yes I know Simon has been the strong contender to be the CV rep has the series has been a staple from the start on Nintendo systems, but remember the series itself did not start on Nintendo, as the first game had various incarnations like in the MSX.

And yes I know there are other CV popular candidates like Trevor and Alucard (despite this one had his big adventure on the PS1, his origin is from the NES/Famicom), or other females like Shanoa or Maria, but I just love Carrie and wish to know who else would like to see her in the game.

I do feel she can bring something new with her powers into the game, but of course if she gets in; maybe we will not get a whip wielder in the game which is what many want with the Belmonts. For Carrie, I can imagine she shoots her magic fireballs into enemies and they can even be homing charged at them. For melee attacks I do see her using her blade rings for quick but weak attacks.

Still as I say, she is my all-time favorite Castlevania character. There used to be this group called The Carrie Fernandez Appreciation Society, to whom I wanted to talk about this and make a similar thing to what I semi-did with Sophitia but it seems the group is dead. Hopefully if still around, their members voted for Carrie. Oh and sadly, given the current situation with Konami, it does complicate things.

Well as of August 8th 2018, Simon and Richter Belmont are part of Smash Bros history by being playable and Alucard as an AT. As well as other Castlevania monsters.

Sadly, Carrie does not seem to be a Castlevania character involved in Smash Bros so guess for now this thread will be closed.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry to bump. But seeing how Juste, Shanoa and even Reindhart are spirits on the game, I really wish at least for Carrie to be present as a spirit!

What I fear is that she is really weak and have to get rid of her to summon someone else. I really do not want to get rid of Carrie.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Then don't get rid of Carrie. Just make sure she exercises and gets her daily vitamin C.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Sorry to bump. But seeing how Juste, Shanoa and even Reindhart are spirits on the game, I really wish at least for Carrie to be present as a spirit!

What I fear is that she is really weak and have to get rid of her to summon someone else. I really do not want to get rid of Carrie.
Shanoa is in? expected, but a nice surprise anyways.

Yeah... i totally see carrie in spirit form i was gladly surprised by Reinhardt and Alexandra Roivas (eternal darkness)

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Then don't get rid of Carrie. Just make sure she exercises and gets her daily vitamin C.
Not sure if sarcasm.

Shanoa is in? expected, but a nice surprise anyways.

Yeah... i totally see carrie in spirit form i was gladly surprised by Reinhardt and Alexandra Roivas (eternal darkness)
Yeah, I saw her somewhere when they shown characters as cards.

Top Bottom