• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST4 Results. ~ Check second post for links to vids/pics

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
CAST4 - Melee Only
Central Alberta Smash Tournament - RD, Alberta, Canada.

Original Thread found here.

Want to see some vids/pics? Scroll down to the second post!

Doubles Bracket <-click to view
1st: We Carry Ourselves - Bam + PKMVodka
2nd: Le Back-Air - Kage + Firexemblemxpryde [ManLi]
3rd: Our Tank is Fight - Noobking + Eggz
4: Let's Get Party - Silent Wolf + Brdy
5: Melee Sucks - SuPeRbOoMfAn + KillLock
5: Stampede The Fire - Runawayfire + Vash
7: Marth's Dick - Nitrocidal + Levi
7: Barbara Walkters Thanksgiving Special - Kithkin + Tyson
9: Her Name Was Kristin - Victra + K Lover
9: Undamafeated - Daltsy + Dynamism
9: Team Steve - Stevo + Travis
9: Professionals of Luck - Mach5 + xpiritflare
13: Boozer Cute - CAOTIC + MagnuM
13: Beavers - Ermine + Lib3r4t3
13: Screw Victor and Anthony - Alphicans + Frio
13: The Berensteine B-airs - Fastfox + Japman
17: FUCK WoW! - Mike Monkey + FalseFalco
17: The Ron Factor - Main Attraction + Zach
25: El Pojo Loco - Dogg + Blitzmidfielder
25: Team Random - Solaris + Jumblez

Singles Bracket
<-Click to view
1st: Bam
2nd: Silent Wolf
3rd: FalseFalco
4: Firexemblemxpryde [ManLi]
5: Eggz
5: MikeMonkey
7: Kage
7: Runawayfire
9: CAOTIC
9: NoobKing
9: Levi
9: SuPeRbOoM
13: PKMvodka
13: MagnuM
13: Daltsy
13: Solaris
17: FastFox
17: Ermine
17: Killlock
17: xpiritflare
17: Chrusher
17: Brdy
17: MAIN Attraction
17: Kithkin
25: Tyson
25: Victra
25: Nitrocidal
25: Dynamism
25: Mach5
25: JAPMAN
25: Halcyon.Days
25: Toph
33: vertically challenged
33: Vash
33: Lib3r4t3
33: ICYU
33: icedteea
33: Chumly
33: RL Prodigy
33: Frio
33: [Danny]
33: Alphicans <--- lololol
33: Blitzmidfielder
33: XeroGravity
33: Sketch
33: Dogg
33: Aden
33: Pressokman
49: Jumblez
49: Un_gato
49: 5950
49: Albinoguy

Low Tier
This bracket was done by hand, so there's no bracket to post here. Sorry. D=
1st: PKMvodka
2nd: Eggz
3rd: Kage
4: CAOTIC
4: FirexEmblemxPryde [ManLi]
5: Noobking
5: Victra
5: SuPeRbOoMfAn
6: FalseFalco
6: Un_Gato
6: Dynamism
7: MagnuM
7: Solaris
7: AlbinoGuy
7: Lib3r4t3

I hope everyone had a fun time at CAST4! Feel free to post shout outs, pictures and any vids that you have and I'll try my best to update them into the OP or the following posts if they're memorable. =D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
kk, Shout outs and stuff.

Fastfox - Man, it's great to see you out of retirement man! I loved playing you again, and our money match was hella tight and fun. You should wear your glasses all the time, you have really pretty eyes. You're mewtwo is pretty sick as well. I'm glad you took the time to get good with him. =) We didn't do our Pichu vs Mewtwo money match though. =( OH, And GG against Silent Wolf in singles man! Those matche were sexy!

Eggz - We never got to play QQ I hope you and the other Washington guys enjoyed it!
Good job in low tier! That young link was a beastttt.

PALO DA SUFFOCATOR - Thanks for coming on the second day Jessica. </3

Levi - Thanks for filming all the major matches. You were looking stylin' as always. I loved playing you, it was really intense and fun. Next time, i'll be the one knocking you into losers! And daammnnnnn it son. Getting 9th in Singles along with Adam, Dan and David? Good shhhitt!

SasKATchewan - AMAZING job repping your province you guys! Good job Vash and Runawayfire for doing so well in teams! Katherine! You're way too good! I was so surprised, and I'm sure everyone else at cast4 was too. Good job in taking me out in crews too, not to mention wrecking Alphicanst in brackets! Way to ****! Fun times in crews as well, ggs to Sketch for keeping up with my fox and Clumsy for almost knocking me out. So intense you guys! Oh, and PressOKman, fun matches! Same with you XeroGravity! Thanks for helping with the TVs and cleaning and stuff! Blitz! Good job getting everyone here too! Keep up with Fox and Mewtwo my brother! Also, Dogg, you have a sexy shirt. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Vertically Challenged - Katherine, you get your own separate shout out. CAST5, let's team kk? <333

CAOTIC - DAYUHM DAVID. Thanks for making the trip here! It was amazing meeting someone as legendary as you! Fun matches at cast3.5 and at cast4! You're so nice and amazing, you're the person I'm going to miss the most. Get those pics up soon! <33

FalseFalco - I apologize for your first match ups in low tier and doubles. I hope you forgive me. =P It's a shame that we only played one match where I wasn't even paying attention. Hopefully next time during Christmas holidays, we can play again! Good job getting third too!

Brdy - Fun matches my brother! Our singles match on corneria was so awful xD Good times. You're a very positive guy aren't you! You're always smiling!

Halcyon.Days - MY BOY! You did so good! Holy cow man. It's so hard to believe that you've only been playing for 2-3 months xD You're amazing! You're already reaching my skill level! I swear to god, when cast5 comes around, you'll be getting top spots at this rate! Way to **** in crews too man! Too sexy!

Roflcans - lolol ggs Luke. Fun money match when I 3-0'd your nuts. Your fox is better though, from what i've experienced in our first mm. Maybe you should stick strictly to Sheik though, huh?

MagnuM - Fun as heck money matches, both of them. You're bowser is so good it's scary. You're hands down one of the nicest people there! You're so optimistic, even when you're losing! It didn't take long for you to get good again did it? haha.

Jumblez - Fun matches in pools and stuff man! Watching you play Clumsy on Rainbow was so intense! D-SMASH SPOT DODGE D-SMASH SPOT DODGE. Me and Taylor were dieing from the tension!

Dynamism - Jeeesussssss. Thank you so much for hosting everyone! Cast3.5 was hella fun lol, and you're Luigi is sick! It was a very refreshing change! Stick with him! I'm gonna miss you man! Oh, and thanks for driving all of us across town and stuff too. The Keg dinner was hella fun as well.

Silent Wolf- Dayuhm son, are you ever silent. Good job in finals, when you pulled off those crazy platform laser tricks in one of your finals matches, everyone was stunned, even Bam. We were in plain awe.

East Coast - Thanks. 3 guys from EC come and **** the 50 some WC guys here. GGs lol. Kage, i'm sorry we didn't get to play =( You get first priority at Cast5 kk? Hope you guys enjoyed Alberta xD

SuPeRbOoMfAn - I'm guessing you're a little upset about not having 64 at all huh? Sorry, you can save the penetration for cast5 maybe kk?

Chrusther - Gooodd job repping Manitoba my brother! Your falco rapppeeddd my falcon in that match. You should bring Lickuid and the other guys next time maybe? xP

Toph - Too bad we didn't get to play any matches man. You seem like a really cool guy. If you were from Canada, we'd invite you into our EHsians crew =P.

Frio - Nice to see you still using Pikachu aside from Marth. You've really improved as well. Good job in pools too man! Hope to play you again soon in Edmonton!

Ermine - HOLY MAN KEVIN. You did so freaking good, and with Pikachu all the way! Jesus. You're my favorite person to watch play smash, ever. You're Pika was ****** everyone. Good job taking out Sho in singles too man! Looks like we have a new Sid miright guys?

Japman - lol wtf happened man? You failed in singles =( Nah, that doesn't even matter. Fun matches! I love your pink yoshi shirt too! It was great too see you again as well. xD

Daltsy - I played you more than any other WC guy! Fun as heck matches at Cast3.5 and Cast4 man. I challenge you to a Falco vs Fox MM for cast5 and a pharmaceutical-related MM for when I graduate from medical school!

KillL0ck - You're surprising me man. I hope you stick to Melee more so you can keep your tech skill up, because otherwise you'd be wrecking most of Alberta. Good job in doubles too, I was really surprised. Oh, do you remember when I triple knee'd your marth at Cast3.5? RAWFULRAWFULRAWFUL.

Kithkin - I still suck. =( I'll beat you sooner or later! I swear to it!

Noobking - ADAMMM, Fun pools match! I wish we played more. Falcon dittos are so fun, especially with you. I hope you enjoyed coming even with your failures and stuff. =P Next time, make sure you drag your brother Eric along too!

Nitrocidal - MM FOR CAST5! I raise the bet to 50 cents this time!

xpiritflare - You came into cast4 after not playing smash since Adat and you still *****. xD Our MM was fun and intense like crazy! I MM so many Marths that day!

Lib3r4t3 - Pichu MM. Fun times at cast3.5 and cast4, sorry for ****** you so hard at both. =P You're getting pretty good, just stay away from Sheik! >=V

Red Deer - I'm a little upset that Sean and Zach didn't go into singles, but GOOD JOB BRENT. Way to place higher than me man! You've really improved! Andy, you did pretty good too bro.

The EHsians - We raaaaape. GGs Matt for wrecking with Fox, fun times getting food with you Tyson, it was great playing with you as well man. ICYU! You're IC's rappeeee. I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching you play them. It's like, you throw Nana at your opponent while she's blizzarding and then you wavedash up into a move. Sooo freaking sexy. You owe me for our MM too btw. =P Andrew, good job wrecking. Caotic, i'm so happy you joined our crew for cast4 <333 Sho, you fail lol. Finally, Allan you homo, I cannot believe you left just because you were knocked out. I wanted to MM you, and people wanted to friendly you xD. You were ****** in the friendles we had though, but you failed in crews. Sorry for not being able to play John, maybe we shouldn't have ***** so hard. It was still tight though. Ehsians representttt.

ManLi - Manuel, THANK YOU. I could NOT have done this without you! I owe you so much! I cannot believe this is your last tourney, i'm going to miss you sooooo much. Fun times at the Keg and at cast3.5 as well. Our falcon dittos were sooo funn. IMMA MISS YOUUUU.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow Solaris did really well, and so did Halcyon, I am thoroughly impressed. Also Levi did well too, GJ everyone.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Biggest shoutout IMO

KYLE- Thanks for the great hospitality, and for housing everyone at your humble abode. I didn't even get to play you in Smash! Well, maybe Cast5.

Edit:

Jumblez: Anthony, most fun IC Ditto i've ever played, props to your ice climbers, and great playing with all those friendlies, it's only a shame we didnt go into doubles together.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Shout outs:

Victor: Dude.... Although I can't use you as a full blown john, I do have to say that the pressure was too much for me, I am a light weight when it comes to that sort of stuff. W/e I lost, it's not like I would've won the tournament anyways, I am just glad that I got to participate. I hate fox dittos btw, they change way too much. The tourny was huge, but I felt that things could've gone faster, like finals!?!?!? That took forever to start up, and low tier took forever to begin :'(... You know how sad I was about that.

Kyle: We didn't play or talk much, but from what I saw, you're a pretty nice guy. Also it looked like you had more of a tourny director attitude than Victor. Thanks for hosting, and helping Victor out.

Vertically Challenged (Kat right?): No need to feel sorry, I was dumb and went marth, what can I say? You won after all, so no sorries required. It's funny, because lately I've been seeing lots of huge upsets in starcraft tournaments, so I thought that would be a foreshadowing for the results of the tournament, but it turned out to be a foreshadowing for my doom to the only female smasher that I've played. GG's and good job!

Saskatchewan Guy that I forget his name (:\): I never got your name, and if I did I forgot... sorry. It was fun to play you, I like you saskatchewan guys, you're cool. The best was when we were all in the elevator and I asked how you guys did in pools and there was a pause at first and then, "****ty," ROFL!! I hope you don't give up the smash, and maybe we will smash again, I hope so at least.

Brad: GG's I guess, even if you think I was supremely lucky. You gave me a lot of low blows all of the second day, so I guess you had it coming.

Levi: You did really well in brackets, nice! Yeah you beat me, and at no surprise. Next time we shall have another set, and we'll see how I do then.

Jack: You also did pretty good in singles, and doubles. You improved a lot since the last time we played (I think it was at Sids for Victra Oh SHI-). We had plenty of good games, and we should smash soon.

Halcyon.Days: Good job, you outplaced me (who didn't) and you've improved a lot as well. There really isn't much else to say, just that I am excited how good you can get for next tournament, I bet you'll be a force to be reckoned with soon enough.

Those are the only shoutouts I feel that I need to give out. Gratz to Bam for winning , Silent wolf for getting second, and Carl for getting third. Can't wait till next CAST.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Good sh.t Victra, finally a well hosted tournament from Red Deer :p
HD vids and shoutouts coming soon!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
When we set up again for day 2, did someone remember to reconnect the vcr to the tv at the Finals set up? I have a tape that was supposed to have my friendlies with Silent Wolf and Caotic but it was blank.

brdy_

Smash Lord
When we set up again for day 2, did someone remember to reconnect the vcr to the tv at the Finals set up? I have a tape that was supposed to have my friendlies with Silent Wolf and Caotic but it was blank.
It was disconnected? That was my Wii and all I did was unplug the Wii from the cables and then plug it in again the next morning - didn't change anything about the setup.

I hope that doesn't mean finals didn't get recorded. I'm going to be really sad lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It was disconnected? That was my Wii and all I did was unplug the Wii from the cables and then plug it in again the next morning - didn't change anything about the setup.

I hope that doesn't mean finals didn't get recorded. I'm going to be really sad lol
hmm, I'm not sure what happened then. =/

Finals were recorded by Levi's HD camera anyways.

Still though, my friendlies... ( ;_[noparse];)[/noparse]

brdy_

Smash Lord
Yeah that's too bad. I remember doing some friendlies and I was hoping you would put them up. =P

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I'm not good at shoutouts, but whatever.

Victra - For being such a sweetie <3 Thanks for putting everything together and all the encouragement. Your pichu ***** Mewtwo harder than anyone else at the tourney, I swear.

Levi - For being my favorite guy for whom I'm his favorite poster on smashboards. Good games, sorry if I kinda let you down in person. >>

Toph - FOR REPRESENTIN GFAQS, BROSKI

Manuel - Wow, I didn't even know who you were, but it was great hanging out with you all night and playing you.

Bam and PKM - For being such a cool guys, hanging out in the back of the truck with Blitz and didn't afraiding of anythign (No seriously Bam, we made so many jokes about your ****** on the way back, it was cool meeting you)

SuperBoom - Thanks for scaring the **** out of me, dude.

KEVIN - FALCON PUNCH! Enjoy your quarter, you awesome pokemon, you.

Nitro - Also an awesome guy. Thanks for the good times and big laughs, wish we played more.

brdy - For the **** in singles. Hardcore.

The SasKATchewan guys who showed up - Thanks for representing, bros (and sis). Zeriph, For being the best Link player. Champ and the best teammate I've had. Aden, Extra kudos for the ride home.

Runawayfire (seperately) - for being a wicked coach (DON'T ROLL) all through the weekend and for everything you do.

EHsian crew - for the spectacular HYPE you generated.

And finally, Kage - Thanks for being such a champ, dude, it was an honor to meet you and play.

Anyone I'm forgetting, I'm sorry. it was a blast.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
The SasKATchewan guys who showed up - Thanks for representing, bros (and sis). Zeriph, For being the best Link player. Champ and the best teammate I've had. Aden, Extra kudos for the ride home.

wut

--

brdy_

Smash Lord
Kyle - Great job cohosting. Thanks for letting me sleep at your house. Also, that bowl of cereal your mom let me have was delicious. I think she was kind of into me.(jk)

Victor - Awesome job hosting and great tournament. Also, cute Facebook pics are cute. Also GGs and it's too bad about our friendlies.

Brad - It was very cool to meet you in person, let's play more next time we see each other!

Manuel - It was cool of you to help Victor and sorry about the confusion with the entry fee and the whole 'me being poor until tomorrow' thing.

Shane - Thanks for convincing me to go and being such a badass mumra ****er your Y.Link IS TIGHT as **** BIAAATCH

Otto - Snarf lets team more that was fun. Great job in singles too *****

Adam - Thanks again for everything, those Fritos were hella good by the way. Go to Olympia and let's team (I still have to convince someone to drive over there though lol). If we both go, afterwards we can get drinks at the bar with the money we win in teams.

Max/Bam - You're a great smasher and you're a very cool guy. Nice meeting you and it was great watching you in finals

Kage - Dude your Ganon is tight, I don't think we played though =(

Jason - I really enjoyed playing those few friendlies toward the end of Sunday! You are amazing with like every character. You, Bam and Kage need to include me in the conversation next time though it sounded funny and my French is terrible =(

Levi - Sorry I didn't grab my contact solution for you, I kind of forgot after a few minutes of searching for Matt to get his keys. =( Next time I'll probably bring it into the venue because dry eyes are a *****.

Solaris - Awesome job in singles! Your Samus is tight.

RL Prodigy - Dude you are cool and tell your friend sorry for nearly trampling him when I was running to catch semifinals lol

Magnum - GGs and great job. Your Marth is very unorthadox and unpredictable.

Runawayfire - GGs your Jiggs is tough and I enjoyed our matches despite getting 2-0'd *cry*

Kat - Too bad we didn't get to finish any friendlies. You were ****** my Falco anyway though =[

Everyone else I played, didn't play, met and didn't meet - GGs and thanks for making my first trip to Canada and first Canadian tournament totally kick ***!

ALSO AN EXTRA SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO - Toph and his roommate for driving and being cool.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My Pre-shoutouts I guess.

I loved the 300+ WC DI I saw in total at least. Cmon guys, standard survival DI is pressing up on your joystick and survival DI is away from the opponent generally. lolol
Also WC recording lol
WC Alberta MC donald's service.. >_>

And it was hella funny last night at Carl's when we laughed for 2 hours!

Ermine

Smash Ace
My Pre-shoutouts I guess.

I loved the 300+ WC DI I saw in total at least. Cmon guys, standard survival DI is pressing up on your joystick and survival DI is away from the opponent generally. lolol
Also WC recording lol
WC Alberta MC donald's service.. >_>

And it was hella funny last night at Carl's when we laughed for 2 hours!
I know! You guys had practically finished eating before we even ordered...

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Away would be more like combo DI? You said survival twice. I squandered at the last second hard, boo me >.<. Anyway, are there videos? Saw in the title but don't seem to see em.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I'll do more serious **** later.

But Adam, You made this tournament for me, those hours in the hotel room were glorious

Top Bottom