• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CAST3 Results

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
CAST3 RESULTS
Discussion of results, shoutouts and anything else post tournament related should be posted here

Singles Results

1: FalseFalco
2: MikeMonkey
3: SHWN
4: FastFox
5: LemonLau
7: M
7: Tyson
9: DJT
9: MagnuM
9: Kithkin
13: GAOO
13: FoxMachine
13: Henry
13: Nicholas
17: =]
17: Beeble
17: Neat
17: Sonic
25: Volt
25: Alph
25: RJM
25: NOOD
25: Kerm
25: Nat

--------

Double Results

1: The stock warehouse (Carl + Shawn) ($28.00)
2: Team Dell (Mike + Stu) ($8.00)
3: The abusement park (Tyson + Joel) ($4.00)
4: ORLY (Henry + Allan)
5: Brad Sucks (Brad + Riley)
5: Team awesome featuring the rainbow unicorn (Levi + Chad)
7: Genetic Jackhammers (Nick + Louis)
7: Fox Twins (Jeremy + Gary)
9: SRW (Brent + Sean)
9: Ivan Ooze (Sid + Mike W.)
9: Team Splooge (Luke + Mike)
9: Joel and Nathaniel (Joel + Nathaniel)

Discuss
By the way, I'm going to apologize once again for the LOL FIVE BUCKS thing kinda grim pots for such little amounts of people, i dunno wtf happened.

____
My shoutouts:
Sid: YOU ARE GRIM, find my controller, lololol and awesome new hair AGAIN, NEW POEM? kkthxbai
Mike [beeble]: i ACTUALLY had fun playing you, the rest of the day had been horrible for me. Fun matches, wish there was more time, thanks =]
Everyone else: sorry i sucked balls [that was my worst day in my life ever no johnz gg ect] =[, and it was great seeing you guys again though. sorry for lame shoutout too, i'm tired

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Joel And I Won 5 Bucks For 3rd Place, And We Had To Split It And We Both Got 2 Bucks And 50 Cents For Winning 3rd Place In Teams. Seriously Wtf.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I knew it. It was my long, inspiring takl with Carl that made him win. He went undefeated in sets, did he? Good job.

You'll definitely pull a manli and talk to all the ladies for sure now. <33

Were any vids recorded?

Good job, Shwn =]

Mike: as expected.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I was tried when I handed this info over to Levi... >.>

The singles should read:

1: FalseFalco
2: MikeMonkey
3: SHWN
4: FastFox
5: LemonLau
6: M
7: Tyson
8: MagnuM
9: DJT
10: Kithkin

Yah, the pot sizes where pathetically small. That's because of the $125 venue fee, the extremely small entrance fee of $5, and the lower-than-expected turnout.
The amount of 'byes' in the tourney is also unfortunate. Seeding from the pools helps a bit tho.

Props to Levi for helping me out with this tourney. The little things help a lot when I'm franticly trying to finish things up before 5:30 hits.
For the record, teams took 2 hours to complete and singles, including the pools, took 4 hours.

Hopefully next time, I'll be able to participate in the next tourney! I really wanted to play alot of you guys.
Because I didn't play alot of people, there's not many shoutouts...

Sid: Always a pleasure to play 'ya. I loved the disbelief when I pulled 3 stichfaces on you in one stock, with another stichface later in the same match. You always seem to enjoy the game.

FastFox: How is it coping with Tourette's and ADD? You're a hilarious guy in person with some pretty crazy stories to tell.

Carl: Thanks so much for the sound advice and counsel when I was having problems deciding on how to run the tourney.

NameUnknown: Sorry, I didn't get to learn everybody's name. To the person who wrote on my whiteboard with PERMANENT marker: Sorry for getting so angry. I was already wound tight and seeing my brand-new whiteboard possibly ruined kinda pushed me. You tried very hard to clean it up, and I appreciate that. No hard feelings, I hope.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Whos GAOO? And Volt? And Sonic?

Sean, you and Brent didnt make it to Brackets?

kithkin

Smash Champion
Whos GAOO? And Volt? And Sonic?

Sean, you and Brent didnt make it to Brackets?
LOL Gaoo is sean, Volt is brent. (I think)

sonic is luis?

Also yeah it was great fun guys, I wonder if the PR will change at all from this (BLATANT PLOY)

Shoutouts? bah I never do those.

Stu: STUUUU HARR I WILL GET YOU NEXT TIME, too bad I couldnt make the set more interesting this time :/ At least we got some interesting character sets (sheik on sheik, bowser on G&W)

Levi: Thanks for rainbow cruise =D

Henry: you got a real nice falcon, I'm surprised I beat you, you had me most of the time.... maybe I should stop teching into that downsmash XD

Tyson: **** you tyson I was doing well, my john is that carl was sitting next to us. I really want to play your space animals again, I need more practice on them.

Joel: I shouldve taken that MM, but then you wouldve tried harder and destroyed me, nice matches though, one day I will be able to beat your fox more than once.

Also lol at rileys ness beating your fox.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
CAST3 was a wonderful tournament as long as you don't concern yourself with the monetary aspect, and since I came no where close to the money it means it was a cheap opportunity for me to play some smash :p (although the entire out-at-5:30 thing was kinda lame... oh well, good times @ BPs)

ShoutOutz (in alias alphebetical order cuz I am that anal retentive)

Alphicans - Hope you enjoyed your first tourney and will continue to attend other events. You have improved so much since I started playing you, which was only a few weeks ago. Keep it up.

BackItch - Thank you so so much for salvaging that tournament. It was very well run, with the pools and tvs and brackets all coordinated superbly. It's too bad we didn't get any games in, but I'll make sure to next time.

DJT - A pleasure to meet and play you, even if you 4 stocked me on my counterstage... GGs, hope to play you more.

FalseFalco - CARL! Congrats on winning. I didn't watch the finals live, but rather on Sid's laptop on the way home. I'm sure the fact that there was no crowd watching was to your advantage, seeing as you don't like all that hubbub. Your fox is disgusting. Don't get too disenchanted with smash, there may be some dumb stuff, but at least it's not like MvC2. Random fact: The only "space-animal killer" I performed with success was on you.

FastFox - You never shut up and I love you for it. Fox may be fast on default but yours is not default... It's faster! A couple of memorable lines to share

Joel: Can I **** on your chest?
GF on speaker phone: Yes

Joel: Bros before Hos, you know?
GF: Oh I totally understand.

Congrats on your 4th place finish and... the $2.50

PS Keep up the Mewtwo. Disable ftw!

Henry - Nice to meet another Edmontonian. We should definately play more. Your Falcon was very nice. GGs.

Kithkin: Stop holding yourself back. You play a fine game for the most part with many things that could be improved almost instantly if you thought about it. Sheiks still lame, but hey, no johns, GGs.

Lemonlau - Learn tech things! DO IT! In no way whatsoever will wavedashing, jumpcancelled grabs or improved teleporting be detrimental to your game. Had a great time bussing with you, and congrats on your singles finish. We need to seriously work on teams...

MagnuM - That Fsmashing with bowser was amazing. Your bowser in general is amazing. We need to play sometime seeing as I didn't get any matches with you.

Mariownage - Wish he had played more games. GGs for the ones we had.

RJM - Crappy to hear about the $$$ issues. Hope your observation went well. Loved playing your Luigi - that tap upB is broken.

Shwn - I haven't played you in forever, and I missed playing you here. Hmm... we need to smash sometime before the summer is over. Congrats on teams and 3rd in singles.

If I missed anyone, sorry. GGs to all. Hope to smash more in the near future.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
maybe it's just me but after the last few tourneys i think i realize the problem with our smash community in alberta.

no one cares enough!

like no one watched team finals and maybe 3 people watched singles finals at this tourney. not that im some attention *****, but it really brings down the credibility of a "tournament" when no one cares who wins.

the tournament itself was well run, all things considered and very nice job to carl for taking me out - i think i have to go fox against foxes now...well first i have to learn fox hahah

there were so many foxes at this tourney it made me sick to my tummy! at least TRY someone else!

end whambulance

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
maybe it's just me but after the last few tourneys i think i realize the problem with our smash community in alberta.

no one cares enough!
Agreed. Except maybe Randall. Everyone in our community is still wanting smash! Everyone wants to place high! Everyone wants to be on the PR! Mind you, our PR is like 10 person only. People get EXCITED about smashfests. We enjoy hanging out with other smashers. "You wanna grab some Subway then play some smash?" YES. It's not about owning others, it's about improving oneself! Smash is a -fun- game with almost limitless possibilities.
like no one watched team finals and maybe 3 people watched singles finals at this tourney. not that im some attention *****, but it really brings down the credibility of a "tournament" when no one cares who wins.
No kidding, doubles finals at CT3 reallyyy few people watched. and people only watched finals cuz there was nothing else to do - people were packing up already.
i think i have to go fox against foxes now...well first i have to learn fox hahah
Good idea. Or you could go DK :p

kithkin

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was telling people the finals were on and everyone was like 'meh' I was interested though.

and at Ct3 everyone was playing, and it ran really late on some of them, so it was hard to.

I WANNA BE ON PR D=

MagnuM

Smash Ace
Congratulations to the organizer(s) for another well run Red Deer tournament! I somehow really liked this one because it didn't seem very over-competitive. Most of the matches seemed like friendly matches, except with added pressure to them. No one was like super serious and there were no outbursts or controller throwing... at least to my knowledge. I guess there was very little hype for the final match for such a small tournament however, but it's understandable. Everyone just wanted to play Smash! How often have we seen Carl vs. Mike in some late tournament match? BOOOORRRIIINNNGG!! How about Tyson vs. Sid in the finals or something!? Now that would be a final match to remember! Congratulations to Carl for winning the tournament though...

As for my performance, I actually thought I was really on my A-game, I just really had super bad luck. I don't think I've ever SDed so much in one day in my life! Grrr! At least I got some sweet sweet revenge on my nemesis kithkin! Not once, but TWICE in a tie-breaker! You are no longer my nemesis, our feud is over, and I have a new nemesis...

That new nemesis is JOEL!!!

JOEL I HAD YOOOOU! My Bowser was closing in for the kill and then BLEW IT!!! Friggen laggy Bowser aerial attacks that don't let him recover fast enough to make the edge! IF only his attacks weren't so f*cking slow!! But then again, if they weren't, he'd be godly and I could possibly win a tournament with him! Bwa hahahaha! HE BETTER F*CKING OWN IN BRAWL I'M TIRED OF THIS ****... ... ... sry. JOEL if I would have beaten you I would probably have gotten 4th too! You and your little BYE! GRRR! And then YOU would have to feel the shame of 9th (8th?) place! I won't forget this treachery Joel, I don't love you anymore...

And now for some shoutouts:

Cral: How much money did you land up winning in singles? Good win btw.

Mike: TEAM DELL! You performed amazing. I haven't gotten 2nd in anything smash related for a long time! I think we represented the company really well!

SHWN: I didn't get to face you, but if I did, it probably would once again have turned into the most casual match ever with us in random chit chat totally oblivious to the seriousness of the situation at hand.

Siiiiiiid: You anger me. Actually it's hard to get angry at you, even though you pretty much either defeat or eliminate me out of every tournament. Your Pikachu angers me! That Raiden wannabe! I hope Pikachu self destructs or implodes.

Tyson: You Sheiked me out in pools! It was a close match if I remember, and it was good kithkin practice!

kithkin: I finally can sleep at night knowing I have gotten my revenge against your treachery at CT3. But just when I thought my insomnia could be cured, it can been replaced by a new enemy... I dare not speak his name.

Nicholas: I would get angry with you for beating me in pools, but can't somehow. Perhaps you didn't taunt me enough. Also me performing 2 suicides at 0% didn't make our match very epic.

Levi: Now our match in pools WAS epic! I hate those down to the wire last hit clutch situations. I almost lost control of my bladder towards the end there.

Anyone else I forgot, it was fun playing with you if I did, and if I didn't, it would have been fun playing with you.

All in all, great tournament, and I wish we can do these more often.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't bothered with the fact that nobody really watched finals. Two reasons:

1) No offense, but as Stu said, it's old hat for some.

2) People were playing Smash. There were maybe 2 people standing around doing nothing, while everyone else was playing. This above everything is helping the smash community, as people mingle and experience a wide spectrum of skill.

Besides, both teams and singles finals were recorded.

I felt that this was a fantastic tournament. Sure there were unfortunate circumstances, but looking past that, the experience was great. One of the main reasons I go to tournies is so that I can visit with and play against people that I enjoy the company of and rarely get to see. And that includes pretty much all of you

Also, I'm creeping my way up the top 10 ;-)

$2.50 would have been a suitable tip for that waitress...

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Yeah, but the competitive aspect isn't huge - it seems natural to me to want to see who wins the tournament. The tournament finals! wow! those have to be great matches, after all, I probably lost (at least indirectly) to these people. =]

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I'm glad people enjoyed the tournament, I had a blurry image of how the tournament actually turned out. I AM NO LONGER BEING EMO ABOUT IT [lol 1 day after the tournament]

Stu, our match in pools was epic, and it was fun too, I can't believe I almost forgot about it. lol Sid beat me in the last match of finals of a calgary tournament and it was just as close as our match. lol this is like my happy version of the shoutouts, might as well finish them up

Carl: Never got to play you, not enough time. Too bad though, I'd been playing roy recently and i could rematch you for my AZNPRYDE in the roy ditto we had at my place. Grats on winning first in both, lol. Thanks for your help with my questions.

Mike: I FINALLY, FINALLY got to talk to you, I dunno what's up with that but every other tournament, evertime I saw you, you were too busy.

Shawn: BLARG YA GOT ME, good to see you still own me =]. Hope you had fun. You honostly looked very upset outside the library, must've ben the sun in your eyes

Joel: We pretty much had a one stock match, lol. You destroyed me and then I was gay and shine gimped you. I TOLD YOU. Oh yeah and you owned us in teams

Sid: I'm sorry I insulted you when you didn't have my controller, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Good talking to you, fun matches. PIKACHU IS AWESOME

Allan: You did amazing, I'd imagine you could've even done better with a little extra sleep the night before. Thanks for the pokemon speaches. I'm glad it was you reppin' Calgary instead of Brad [lol]. You and henry were a great team and you guys didn't even know eachother prior to the tournament if i remember right, Such a close last stock in our last 2v2 match between me and you.

Tyson: You're still awesome, fun match in pools, I'm glad it was a big stage :lick: . You and joel destroyed me in teams

Jeremy: You and Gary soooo had us in 2v2. Always a pleasure to see you, you're so kind. Hope you had fun.

Stu: You're way up there before all the others [lol doing this in order of placement in 1v1]

Brad: Grats on top of your pools and placing so high like you always do. I dunno how you do it, but you do. You're looking to be on the pr imo. also I got BWEEABREWEHEBEAR BERARD

Sean: Very few matches, they were fun. Sorry there wasn't enough time left to play you more. I severly underestimated you, must be becuase you're from Red Deer. Thank's so much for helping with the tournament.

Gary: you destroyed me in friendlies, glad to see you came. HOW BOUT THAT DI ON THAT STOMP? lol that was ********.

Henry: I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to play you some time, only in 2v2 have I ever played you. those matches were fun. I'm glad you came up when i yelled who doesn't have a partner, I'd feel like a fool if no one did. Occupied yourself and Allan in the process.

Nick: You always beat me, lol. YOU SO WACKY. thanks for watching my controller, lol. Oh and thanks for coming.

=]: WTF NO JOHNS ***

Mike W.: I don't think my previous shout out was very negative. Thanks again for the best matches of the day for me.

Riley: lololololololololololololol well played

Sonic / Volt: You guys confuse me with these strange names that are not relavent to anything i've heard. lol, hope you had fun.

KWESI: WHERE WERE YOU? I don't think I saw you, either that or I'm ignorant and I didn't realize it the whole time.

Mr. Peanut: You and your nairs... lololololol Hope the time you went out there for was worth the trip.

you other guys who are or might be from red deer: I'm sorry that I always get you mixed up. Something about Red Deer folk always get's my names mixed up.

Victra: That's 3 for 3 that you've bailed now. Get well soon P.S. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

Edit: lol *****es don't know about my double shoutouts

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Manuel loves drama, and is awesome. and i stole his template. and he shares a pikachu avatar with me.
DRAMALAMA<3

there's your less than three, too

PS you are invincible

kithkin

Smash Champion
As for my performance, I actually thought I was really on my A-game, I just really had super bad luck. I don't think I've ever SDed so much in one day in my life! Grrr! At least I got some sweet sweet revenge on my nemesis kithkin! Not once, but TWICE in a tie-breaker! You are no longer my nemesis, our feud is over, and I have a new nemesis...

That new nemesis is JOEL!!!
D= </3 I will destroy you next time just for that.

Tyson: You Sheiked me out in pools! It was a close match if I remember, and it was good kithkin practice!

kithkin: I finally can sleep at night knowing I have gotten my revenge against your treachery at CT3. But just when I thought my insomnia could be cured, it can been replaced by a new enemy... I dare not speak his name.
****IT TYSON I KNEW YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS. There was no other sheik for him to practice on and you had to ruin it.

I only noticed the lack of stev-o after the tournament when I saw him on msn. lol.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Wow, already massive amounts of shoutouts. Great tournament, ****ty payout. That's okay though, because I got to see some of my many hot lovers. Not saying any names SidMikeLeviTysonShawnCarlHenryStu. I enjoyed everything, and to tell the truth I was really surprised with the teams outcome. Tyson and I have NEVER had the opportunity to see each other or even practice since the last CAST, and we still pulled a third. It's safe to say we are the best team there. Even better than Carl and Shawn, but that's only because we've got an asian on our team.

ShOuToUtz:

CPT. Sid: I loved seeing you again. Thank you for paying for my meal at Boston Pizza. That only made it more delicious. Your Pikachu is as **** as always, and the Thing will always prevail. You're awesome.

Carl: Did I expect any less from you, sir? I play you almost every week, sometimes twice. You'd think I'd be able to rip your insides out half the time by now, but no. I guess it serves me right for coming into the smash scene unexperienced. Whatever though. Great job pulling that 1st. Your thinking is amazing, but I'd have loved to see more Falco. Your Fox is gay. No offense, though. Mine is too, I just make it look good.

Shawn: WHAT? NO SAMUS? WTF IZ DIS SHT!?1 Bah, we always have the most amazing matches. My determination to beat you with my Mewtwo was appalling, I must say, but I eventually got your Falcon down to one stock, then lost. BUT I EXPECTED IT. HA. MINDGAMES. You're an amazing player, and an even better friend.

Mike: MikeMonkey my ***. Marth and Falcon are your main men. I hear you have regular threesomes to plot battle strategies. I should start doing that, although it might be hard, considering you never let me see my Mewtwo guy :( That's okay though. You know, I thought I'd take you out again. Man was I wrong. You ***** me first round. I was lucky I took the second, and third.. Well, I don't want to talk about it because it gives me a headache. In the future, Micheal Purschke, I will have your power.

Tyson: We make such a great team. Your Ganon was like.. KAPOW. During our match with the Fox Twins I hardly did anything. Your fists took care of both space animals. I love teaming with you, buddy. Our communication is top notch, I just need to help you out more :urg: I hope you bought yourself something nice with your $2.50. I think I gave mine to my little sister.

Stu: Little do you know that by typing that huge amount of text to prove that I am your new nemesis, you gave me the largest shoutout, which in turn proves that deep down inside your love for me burns with the fury of ten thousand suns. I underestimated your Bowser, and in the beginning I thought I'd take it easy on you. That's when you back threw me and fair'd me out of my jump. I'm sorry I had to kick your big buttbuddy in the face, however it had to be done. As far as your marth goes, DI STUART, DI!!! But don't stop those F-smashes. You were perfect with them. PERFECT. I'm going to have to get my Mewtwo up to par with your Boozar, then we can rep low tier along with Mike W.

Levi: I DIDN'T PLAY YOU AT ALL. WHY IS THIS? However, I remember having our one-stock match, but nothing else. I don't even remember what character I played. That's okay, though, because I'll always remember your loving smile and your mother telling me not to yell swear words in front of the library. We need more time to play, Rebi-kun. I'll whip you into shape yet.

Mike W: **** YEAH, YOSHI. Man, I love how you play. I love how you rep low-tier. The dedication you show to making a completely crappy character not completely crappy is awesome. I want to have the same dedication when it comes to my Mewtwo. I never got to play you during the tournament, but our friendlies were absolutely amazing. You said more disables.. Later on in the day, I think I ***** someone with a disable -> d-smash. Somewhat generic, but hey, I remembered your words. I'd like to keep in touch with you, as well. You're an awesome guy, and I'd like to get better at Street Fighter :laugh:

Chad: Or should I say Victor? You ran the tournament, smooth, and cashless. The smooth out-prioritizes the lack of moneys, though. Great job. I didn't get to play you at all outside teams, but it was awesome talking with you. We could use someone like you on our board of panelists. Boston Pizza was fun, I enjoyed telling my stories. Chad, you are the man.. With the van.

Brad: You should have taken my MM. I wanted your money and your pride. Just kidding though. Thinking about the tournament, you were a great guy to talk to. You're bad on the boards, but other than that you're a blast. I'll make sure that your sheik NEVER beats my Fox. EVER. EVER.

Gary: I underestimated your Fox. It's very steady, by the book. I enjoyed playing you. You gave me some solid Fox matches. I think you could have placed higher, because you're definitely a great player. Keep on keepin' on, fello Fox.

Henry: Wow have you improved. I remember when I first played your Falcon. I never thought you'd get as good as you did. Great job, man.

That's the end of my shoutouts. If I forgot anyone, be sure to let me know and I'll add you up.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman
How often have we seen Carl vs. Mike in some late tournament match? BOOOORRRIIINNNGG!! How about Tyson vs. Sid in the finals or something!? Now that would be a final match to remember!
Stu, that is exactly the lame attitude that I'm talking about you frick. TYSON AND SID WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO THE FINALS DUE TO THEIR LACK OF PASSION.

I wasn't bothered with the fact that nobody really watched finals. Two reasons:

1) No offense, but as Stu said, it's old hat for some.

2) People were playing Smash. There were maybe 2 people standing around doing nothing, while everyone else was playing. This above everything is helping the smash community, as people mingle and experience a wide spectrum of skill.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihd. Finals take up how much time of the whole tournament? There were plenty of TVs for everyone all day long, it's not like people were deprived of smash! Take a **** break - you would learn tons more from watching the finals than playing with noobs anyhow. I would be saying this regardless if I made it to finals or not. Now I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it to Melee's End anyways, but if Alberta shows this lackluster attitude at that tournament - well then sir, we just might get made fun of. DONT OUR HUGE EGOS DESERVE BETTER?!!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Stu, that is exactly the lame attitude that I'm talking about you frick. TYSON AND SID WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO THE FINALS DUE TO THEIR LACK OF PASSION.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihd. Finals take up how much time of the whole tournament? There were plenty of TVs for everyone all day long, it's not like people were deprived of smash! Take a **** break - you would learn tons more from watching the finals than playing with noobs anyhow. I would be saying this regardless if I made it to finals or not. Now I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it to Melee's End anyways, but if Alberta shows this lackluster attitude at that tournament - well then sir, we just might get made fun of. DONT OUR HUGE EGOS DESERVE BETTER?!!
Amen. I hope you go to Melee's End . Seriously. Go check out our PR.
People are at each other's throats with competition. IN A HEALTHY WAY! =]

Smash is for fun, yes. Winning is fun, yes. Passion for the game is awesome, yes. Do you have to go home and practice for 6 hours a day to get good? No. Do you have to go to EVERY SINGLE SMASHFEST and always play people better than you? No.

But it doesn't hurt to show commitment, that you enjoy the game and that you want to be better? Are you guys really okay with being ranked 24th? 15th? 12th? 9th? Even 2nd?

Smash is a game of direct input = direct output. One's personality is so reflected in a game of smash. It is man against man, in a fight of wits, knowledge, muscle memory, speed, and cunning.

I would not feel okay knowing that I lose to the same people every time, and that I will continue to do it til i stop playing this game. Enough is enough.

All these edmonton guys aren't undefeatable. They're not on some pedestal. They are smashers like everyone else, and they are very good smashers. Why? Why do you think? They like the game. They have drive.

[abrupt ending]
Except Steve.
[/abrupt ending]

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Alberta is too far apart from edmonton to get good and the rest of alberta compared to edmonton is too suck to trashtalk

your demands can only be fullfilled by Edmonton's. Although trashtalking could be fun...

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Alberta is too far apart from edmonton to get good and the rest of alberta compared to edmonton is too suck to trashtalk

your demands can only be fullfilled by Edmonton's. Although trashtalking could be fun...
That's the wrong attitude. My first tournament was in early 2006. I didn't play after that for like.. 3 or 4 months, because I had crap with gf to deal with, as in, making her happy, seeing her enough such that I didn't go crazy, etc. I actually started playing competitively summer '06. I got continously better. Every tournament/smashfest. I've never ever gone down on our PR, only up. Come 2007, about February or March, I was considered one of the top 8 players in BC.

Do you think that our BC players suck, that it's easy to just get better than most? Nahh.

But it's nowhere near impossible. and it's not impossible for you guys either. I don't practice much smash at home, but i watch vids here and there.

I like to feel I did well against the edmonton smashers. Come on, don't underestimate yourselves =[

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Finals were recorded... I've watched them at least 5 times >_> And I'm sure they'll be viewed by pretty much everyone once they get online.

Is watching a live match what you call passion? You think I have no will to improve? That I like losing to the same people?

If you talked with any of the people that went to that tourney you would realize that people do have a desire to better themselves. You make it seem as if everyone outside of Edmonton is scum because they don't like smash bros or that they're not determined to improve. **** that.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
watching matches is one thing, playing is another.

balance between both is what gives us experience, and watching vids can happen any time we want, due to access to the internet.

and seriously, we dont have to watch YOUR vids to get better, i'd probably get better watching forward or something.

we cant go home, and then start playing people in calgary, but we can go home and start watching the vids from the finals. i dunno about u guys, but it seems pretty obvious of what im trying to say.

ps. thanks for the shout guys. :) i would make shouts, but im lazy and im a loser like that. maybe if i ever feel bored ill do it.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Finals were recorded... I've watched them at least 5 times >_> And I'm sure they'll be viewed by pretty much everyone once they get online.

Is watching a live match what you call passion? You think I have no will to improve? That I like losing to the same people?

If you talked with any of the people that went to that tourney you would realize that people do have a desire to better themselves. You make it seem as if everyone outside of Edmonton is scum because they don't like smash bros or that they're not determined to improve. **** that.
It's great that you watched the finals. Maybe it varies from person to person - I'd rather watch a baseball match live than on T.V.

I'm not saying anyone's too lazy or whatever to get better. I was referring to Mariownage's comment, which gave me the idea of a hopeless and bleak outlook on the topic of competing against Edmonton.

It's not for me to judge whether you guys are actually doing anything to get better. I'm not your "smash daddy" trying to ensure that y'all are reading up the character specifics, that you're improving your walltech, that you can L-cancel against shields, etc. Everything in Alberta seems to be set in stone, and that feels odd to me, because PR is constantly changing in BC, with maybe the exception of the positions of Tiep and Adam, who've consistently been 4th and 5th, respectively. Lol.

What, then, is different between the smash communities? The most obvious thing would be the distance between smashers. Granted, BC smashers are dispersed all throughout the lower mainland, but they are still within 2 hours' bus ride of each other.

And that's exactly what happens. Each time there is a tournament at Bluntedobject10's (Eric's) house, people come from Surrey, and endure a 2 hour bus ride. But they have fun, so they do it anyway. I've only been in Alberta once. Is it difficult to get around?

oh crap, gta go, be back later.

kithkin

Smash Champion
That's the wrong attitude. My first tournament was in early 2006. I didn't play after that for like.. 3 or 4 months, because I had crap with gf to deal with, as in, making her happy, seeing her enough such that I didn't go crazy, etc. I actually started playing competitively summer '06. I got continously better.
I'm getting better, AND have a girlfriend. yeah thats right. :grin:

And that's exactly what happens. Each time there is a tournament at Bluntedobject10's (Eric's) house, people come from Surrey, and endure a 2 hour bus ride. But they have fun, so they do it anyway. I've only been in Alberta once. Is it difficult to get around?

oh crap, gta go, be back later.
uhhh, about 3 hours drive to edmonton if we wanted to play them.

I wouldnt say that was terrible if I had my own car. but my parents would never give a ride to edmonton for that, and if they did, they wouldnt wait around they'd make it short.

Konkey Dong

Smash Journeyman

Yes I do call watching a live match passion. There's a reason people buy tickets to live sporting events, Sid, and I shouldn't have to explain why. Sure it's maybe a little over the top to compare smash to professional sports, but I definately care more about Smash than any professional sport and I bet you do too.

I understand that my comments aren't going to change whether you watch the matches live or not. I don't want you doing something you don't want to anyways. That doesn't change the fact that pretty much no one cares about who wins our tournaments anymore. You can all congratulate Carl in the shout-outs thread because it's common courtesy, but how many of you congratulated him AT the tournament? How many of you cheered him on? I think I can only remember Tyson cheering him on (whom I bashed earlier for lack of passion...maybe i was wrong?).

And i'm not calling anyone scum. I never made any comparison of Edmonton to the rest of Alberta, so I'm not sure where you got that from.

watching matches is one thing, playing is another.

balance between both is what gives us experience, and watching vids can happen any time we want, due to access to the internet.

and seriously, we dont have to watch YOUR vids to get better, i'd probably get better watching forward or something.

we cant go home, and then start playing people in calgary, but we can go home and start watching the vids from the finals. i dunno about u guys, but it seems pretty obvious of what im trying to say.
You're missing my point. Forward doesn't live in our area and you will never play him. I'm making a point about how our local competition is lacking. Like Mani is saying, the BC power rankings are always changing because people are fighting to get on top. I'm not saying that if we get everyone to watch the finals of our tournaments, that will make our scene more competitive - that is not the solution. I'm just saying the fact that no one cares about the finals is an indicator of how much we lack real competition. Solution to that? Put together your own smash fests and invite everyone (how come it's just Carl that always does this?). Develop rivalries. Hold your own biweekly tournaments. Why don't I do that? Honestly, I don't have anything to prove. I did all that years ago and I'm already at the competitive level.

I can't make you guys feel like you have something to prove, but if you don't have that drive, our smash community will continue to be as mediocre as humanly possible.

Hopefully these posts i'm making will create some rivalries anyhow :)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
the time when i was cheering on carl, that was the singles finals right?
haha man.. well, at least i was there watching :)
except, for the doubles, i didnt bother watching. joel and i were trying to find what to eat with $2.50 lmao!

ya i guess ur right mike, we do lack the things uve described due to not watching matches with a "passion", but ya, i guess its kinda hard since we have a not-so-active community.

i would love to host smashfests, but its just that my mom wouldnt agree to having strangers over. sucks :/

hmm rivalries... so far i dont have any :/
everyones too friendly, i dun wanna become rivals :(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'll be your rival! We're both 50% viet! Who's the better [half]Vietgamer? OMG.
hint: its the silly rabbit.

Rivals are usually equal~ish in skill right? I guess the only person i could really be rivals with is Riley.

Or just someone i don't like, like Brad. Course, that would mean Brad would be everyones rival.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah I liked stu as my rival, but he disowned me.

no I will not be your rival victra, you (sorta) insulted riley.

I dont want a new rival in this case. I'd perfer to be outstanding as the guy nobody wants to lose to but some still do.

Top Bottom