• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Cash Smash 115 Doubles Report (QLD)

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
💥The Doubles Report 💥
www.twitch.tv/videos/1743677934?t=02h10m44s

We had a brilliant turn out for Doubles at Cash Smash 115 with 6 teams fronting up for the ultimate prize in QLD Melee and more importantly the honour of being the Doubles Champs.

The terrifying combo of Joshman and Dutch (Two Wog Girls) as well as the wily veterans of D.J Cat and Dino (BIG thingy - it's not rude, it's an acronym) were given the bye in the first round.

So up first we had Big thingy's arch rivals GYG (no idea what the team name means) the renowned Doubles Combo of Gords and Smo Pup up against the underdogs Butts and tohmais.

Despite not having warmed up together that evening Gords and Puppy came flying out of the blocks with a devastating performance that even 2 Ganon's couldn't stop.

Over on the other setup JetWheels and RavishNAH I prefer Gig (great team name) duked it out.
I don't actually know who won this match as the bracket is down as I'm writing this but I'm sure it was a ripper.

On to the 2nd round and the arch rivals had to face off.
Dino proposed a DK Challenge for the first match with both teams having a DK and to be played on a DK level.
Of course they accepted and it was time for a Rumble in the Jungle.

Gords and Puppy continued thier incredible form and no wonder seeing as how Puppy came runner up at Kong Off 1 and 2, his Kong is off the hook.

Immediately on the back foot, Big thingy took them straight to Poke Floats.
However the form of GYG was far too strong and they took the win 2-0.

Over on the other setup the Two Wog Girls went to work dismantling any who opposed them.
They won through to Winner's Final but not before GYG proved just how red hot they were taking a game off them.

It was now up to the do or die matches in the losers bracket and Big thingy were up against Jet Wheels.
Jet Wheels came out strong taking the first match with Jet in particular being in fantastic form (I'm not gonna stop making that pun) with some 8 stock performances.
Big thingy leveled it with a salty run back on Dreamland.
The final match was tight but it all ended with a dramatic Falcon vs Falcon 1 on 1 between Dino and Jet as seen at roughly 2:39:00 on the tape (yes I call it a tape)
It was a tense high stakes, high percentage situation with Dino coming out on top.

GYG were waiting in losers final and RavishNAH/Gig were to face off with Big thingy to get there.

Proving that 2 swords aren't necessarily better than one, Big thingy got through despite the terrifying threat of the 2 Marths.

Loser's Final was on and it was a rematch between GYG and Big thingy.
Both teams came out strong in the first game but GYG claimed the win despite Bob's epic off stage wizard kick as seen at roughly 2:55:40.

It was then that we learnt that it was 10pm and we had ran out of time.
Gords and Puppy had earned 2nd place with Joshman and Dutch taking home the glory and the sought after All Berry Bang.

Join us next time for more exhilarating Doubles Action!

*Notes:
-Next time I'll try and add more time stamps.
-What did y'all think, is it a bit too long or OK?
-I copy and pasted this from my forum which automatically censored the word "****" to "thingy"

Top Bottom