• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cash in your Coins, Launch the Loot!

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Um, this picture may suggest 2 things...

EDIT: I couldn't get the picture here, and don't have a photo bucket account or anything like that so, it's the last picture on this update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various20.html

1. Mach Rider playable? :confused: I'm not trying to be like " OMG MACH RIDER CONFIRMED!!!!!@!@" But, He is labeled in Red, just like Link, while the others are green. ( Red = trophies won by using them in 1P mode, Green = Random trophies)

2. It says Link ( Twilight Princess ). Does that mean there will also be Link ( Wind Waker ) ?

If there was only one style of Link, they wouldn't need to lable him as Twilight Princess.

:psycho:

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace

EDIT: I couldn't get the picture here, and don't have a photo bucket account or anything like that so, it's the last picture on this update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various20.html

1. Mach Rider playable? :confused: I'm not trying to be like " OMG MACH RIDER CONFIRMED!!!!!@!@" But, He is labeled in Red, just like Link, while the others are green. ( Red = trophies won by using them in 1P mode, Green = Random trophies)

2. It says Link ( Twilight Princess ). Does that mean there will also be Link ( Wind Waker ) ?

If there was only one style of Link, they wouldn't need to lable him as Twilight Princess.

Red signifies stickers, and green signifies trophies.

Trifas

Smash Rookie

1. Link and Mach Rider are in Red because they're stickers, not trophies, just read what Sakurai says

2.Sure, there will also be Link (inser game here) and this game will most likely be Wind Waker. TOUGH, it doesn't mean that he will be playable, it could just be a trophie, sticker or AT.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
Coins Ae Just Trophy Stands!!!!

he even hinted at that with the classic mode update

Rash

Smash Ace
Wow. I stayed up til 2 o'clock for this.
This is a good, if not great update. The problem is, no single update is worth staying up until 2 o'clock for. Besides, even if you were waiting for some MEGATON character update, just think about it this way: there hasn't been a new character in over two months, and until January I don't think that trend is going to let up.

Best advice, get some darn sleep.

M.K

Level 55
Pikmin trophies hinting towards a Pikmin character? We've seen a Bulborb AND a Fiery Blowhog.

Also, for the THREE Animal Crossing Trophies, STAGE/MUSIC, and ITEM/ASSIST TROPHY, you BET we are getting a rep! Woohoo!

ehhh i will never play this. . . I guess its a good idea for something that is worthless
YOU are worthless. GTFO.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
'Scuse me. Don't mean to be rude or anything, but when was an item confirmed? No confirmation yet on the soccer ball...

M.K

Level 55
'Scuse me. Don't mean to be rude or anything, but when was an item confirmed? No confirmation yet on the soccer ball...
The Pitfall came from the Animal Crossing Series. It was an item that people could bury in the ground, and when you or other people stepped on it, you would fall into a hole. That's where the item came from .

The Assist Trophy Mr. Resetti, also comes from the Animal Crossing Universe. He appears every time you reset the game, which can lead to harmful time travel (theoretically)

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Pikmin trophies hinting towards a Pikmin character? We've seen a Bulborb AND a Fiery Blowhog.

Also, for the THREE Animal Crossing Trophies, STAGE/MUSIC, and ITEM/ASSIST TROPHY, you BET we are getting a rep! Woohoo!

YOU are worthless. GTFO.
Yea! Of course we're getting a rep! I mean it's not like every character that could rep animal crossing is in the backround of smashville or an AT!

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Yea! Of course we're getting a rep! I mean it's not like every character that could rep animal crossing is in the backround of smashville or an AT!
dang it i still think that K.K. slider( the guidar dog) would be secret and then when you unlock him he jumps outta the back ground and challenges you.

OMG you have unlocked K.K.slider!

*dances*

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
im prety sure if not a 100 percent sure it will be the human character u will play as for the animal crossing rep. hmmmm what role will will he play in subspace emissary. Does every1 have a role in the subspace emissary???????????

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Is it just me, or does Mach Rider look like he's got a more updated look? Doesn't mean anything necessarily, they did that some in Melee with trophies.. but he looks redesigned. Perhaps pointing toward him being playable? Maybe.. probably just wishful thinking on my part, but you never know.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
dang it i still think that K.K. slider( the guidar dog) would be secret and then when you unlock him he jumps outta the back ground and challenges you.

OMG you have unlocked K.K.slider!

*dances*
Wow, I'm not the only one who want to see K.K. Slider playable. I would love to see him unlocked by this way.
Is it just me, or does Mach Rider look like he's got a more updated look? Doesn't mean anything necessarily, they did that some in Melee with trophies.. but he looks redesigned. Perhaps pointing toward him being playable? Maybe.. probably just wishful thinking on my part, but you never know.
Yes, you're right. Ordinary, stickers are nothing else than the official artwork.
(Notice Sakurai said once, Mach Rider will be his fav character in the next Smash)
But I think he will be an AT. It's only a feeling.

drackodelmal

Smash Rookie
Mach Rider playable?

Hey just noticed on the last screen posted we see Link's name on red letters. Link is playable... I really don't know who he is but he appears also in red letters and bob-omb is green and you can see himas a trophy in the back
any way just a theory

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Hey just noticed on the last screen posted we see Link's name on red letters. Link is playable... I really don't know who he is but he appears also in red letters and bob-omb is green and you can see himas a trophy in the back
any way just a theory
red = sticker
green = trophy

Maggirus

drackodelmal

Smash Rookie
yeah sorry i just went through the history never will i post without reading what everyone else has to say before....

Soddie

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, forgot about pitfall...

_:chuckle:>
.<|
._/\

[edit]
And really, in my book there's ATs, Pokeballs and Real Items in the items category.
[/edit]

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Hold tight we will get some good updates closer to the release date!!!

Well yet another boring but update but it is manditory . . . i think the reason why were getting these lame updates is becasue nintendo wants to get the boring updates out of the way and then in a few months they will get some good updates. they dont want to steal the spotlight from mario galaxy.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Well yet another boring but update but it is manditory . . . i think the reason why were getting these lame updates is becasue nintendo wants to get the boring updates out of the way and then in a few months they will get some good updates. they dont want to steal the spotlight from mario galaxy.
for a noob, you're a genius. i think in january, there will be almighty updates once more.

Zek

Smash Ace
for a noob, you're a genius. i think in january, there will be almighty updates once more.
lol, everybody said that about December too. But January will be the month that we don't need updates anymore, as soon as somebody spills the beans on a final Japanese copy.

You guys have impossibly high standards for these updates. It seems like the only updates people can agree on being good are characters or huge features like SSE or online play. The reality is that there are only so many of those and most of the other updates are going to be pretty average. The only thing that made the past two months worse were the E4All rehash updates, which was inevitable with a demo being shown, and the admittedly disappointing lack of character updates.

I admit I am a little annoyed that Sakurai is holding back so many characters for all this time. I don't care if we don't see any more newcomers until release, I just want to see more of the no-brainer veterans. Captain Falcon, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, Ganondorf, etc. Those aren't spoilers to anyone. Still, that doesn't mean the updates we're getting now are boring.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
CRazy wEEK so far...

I mean I think EVeRY BODY can agree this week has been the best week in a long time i mean!!!! hoping it gets way better but not hoping enough to get my dreams crushed

Kittah4

Smash Ace
That genius also said "in a few months" Nintendo wil start giving us the good upates. He also said that Nintendo doesn't want Brawl to steal the spotlight from Galaxy....
Well, I can see how the second part of the logic could hold true. Why build hype for a game in the holiday season when its not coming out in the holiday season? After Dedede, Halloween - Christmas went by with no characters. Coincidence? Maybe, not maybe not.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"It's getting colder. The wind's picking up.""Why aren't you wearing socks? Just looking at you makes my feet hurt.""It's my police!!""Police? You mean 'policy'?""Yeah, that."- One Piece

This is soo cool!!! I can't wait to try it out! And I might stop posting. "Might" being the key word.

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but that ISN'T all that's in the Vault! Look at this picture from Wi-Fi

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/images/wi-fi05/wi-fi05_071228a-l.jpg

Now look at this update..

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various20/various20_071227b-l.jpg

Notice anything? The first one just says "NINTENDO WFC" While the second says "VAULT / TROPHIES & STICKERS"

There's only one logical explination! THERE'S MORE TO BE FOUND IN THE VAULT!!

But what?

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Proly stuff like the 'How to Play' movie melee had, and maybe the vs. data collection stuff. No telling until we get it, I suppose.

Top Bottom