• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cash in your Coins, Launch the Loot!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
# 8 looks more like Link's Hero Bow. It would be even cooler if they came up with a whole bunch of different modes for smashers who aren't good at that one.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
That is awesome. Coin launcher is likely inspiring that old game Space invaders. Anyone notice that?

Smasher 102

Smash Cadet
Hm, this looks also like the mummies/Gibdos from LoZ: Twilight Princess. Maybe? Haven't got a picture for reference, though
That looks more like the Golden robot from the star wars seireis :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

anyway this update was cool

I wonder if you can also get trophys from subspace enemies here. That way you would not have to use the Trophy stand to get them

Just saying

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
Looks awesome, MUCH better than Melee's lottery.

-------------------
Does this deconfirm Mach Rider as a playable character since he's a trophy, or does it mean nothing?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hm, the Japanese site has exactly the same trophies and everything. Haha, looks like GET vs GOT IT for english is returning. GET is just so much more dynamic.
I was hoping for "IT GET!" myself.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
hey thanks for posting the info on these trophies!!

but its not peggy and pelly, its phyllis and pelly.

and it's dr. shrunk too.

Rash

Smash Ace
Wow. Yet another improved feature.

This is much better than lottery, which was just plain boring. It's nice to have a sense of accomplishment when obtaining trophies. That's why things like the Trophy Tussle events and the classic mode trophy stage in Melee were so great.

Sakurai, I am truly greatful that you and Sora are working so hard to up the playability of this game.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Wow. Yet another improved feature.

This is much better than lottery, which was just plain boring. It's nice to have a sense of accomplishment when obtaining trophies. That's why things like the Trophy Tussle events and the classic mode trophy stage in Melee were so great.

Sakurai, I am truly greatful that you and Sora are working so hard to up the playability of this game.
QFT on both counts. The amount of work and content being put into this game is absolutely mind-boggling.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOU SAKURAI FOR THIS GREAT WEEK OF UPDATES!!! This is cool and I like it the only thing I'm worried about is that a lot of coins will go to waste. With the lottery you could tell the chances that you would get atrophy if you left it at 90% you would usually get one. But with this once you get some trophies it should be that once you get that trophy/sticker it won't apear on the "game board" again. Because it would suck to waste coins on something you already have. For example some coins might miss their target, and looking at the picture with all the missiles you lose coins from them!! But I guess I am being a little (more than a little) pesimistic. lol

india3

Smash Cadet
yeah, but since coins can be 'wasted' so much more easily and quickly, i'll bet that they give more coins for classic and that all around coin earning will be easier than how it was in melee..

Frogla

Smash Ace
We figured out what the vault is and also that we can win coins in spectator mode. Im gonna put 100 coins on Gimpyfish (Me and him just need a code, Taunt, Taunt, F Smash)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I laughed really hard when I saw this, it looks so cheesy that it's just plain cool.

Atari games for Brawl XD (I swear to god I played something like this on my first system the 2600 as a kid XD)

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
Gah, Sakurai! Why did I even stay up last night for this? *groaaaannnnn*

I'm dying for The Knee to appear!

All in all, however, this update didn't suck as badly as I thought it was going to. We got some interesting looks at things like a WindWaker sticker, two Animal Crossing trophies, and an F-Zero trophy. Is this going to mean we can see WindWaker Link as a character? There haven't been any Animal Crossing characters announced yet, perhaps there is one in this game? And, the F-Zero trophy just makes me dance and sing. Falcon? Anybody? Pleeeeease?

Regardless, this does look like a cool mode. I'm going to have fun with it. And there were some teasing stickers/trophies. So overall, I'd give it a 6.5/10. *yay*

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
And today's Sa-quote-ai of the sakuday:
"I'm gonna have you play every inch of this game!"

/j #"type=thread&title="Sakurai's Innuendo""
/repost
/part $active

/edit
That's odd. Even on the European site it says "every inch".
/ponder
//edit

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
yeah, good job on filling us in. having only played mario, kirby, pikmin, and ac, i could only reconize a few trophies. btw i never played air ride.

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Good idea for something worthless

ehhh i will never play this. . . I guess its a good idea for something that is worthless

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
It's a ripoff of Pokemon Pinball. But this time, you're getting trophies instead of pokemon, and you're using coins.

Top Bottom