• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Cartoons: OVAH

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Welcome to Cartoon Cartoon mafia!. I reserve the right to change any of the following rules.

Helpful Links

Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Rules​

Fundamental
  1. Thou shalt put no other mods before me, and therefore inactivity in this game is not excusable by activity in other games. If you have a dispute with me, you will let me know privately through PM or instant messaging. Sometimes I will make simple mistakes; if you believe this has happened, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Mayling and Xiivi are co-mods. They may regularly vote-count and answer mod questions.
  3. Once you have died in the game, you are no longer allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless you have replaced back into the game.
  4. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread, regardless of whether or not that person is in the game and whatnot. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod.
  5. Do not edit your posts. Edits will be reversed.
  6. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  7. Do not personally attack another player.
  8. Do not quote any PMs sent to you by me in the thread. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. Doing so will get you modkilled.
  9. You are not allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
  10. Do not post hidden text. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. Posting text with the intent to hide it from other players, e.g. by changing the text color to resemble the page background, is not permitted.)
  11. Do not post in code.
  12. You must post in English.
  13. Do not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen].
  14. Do not quote logs of communication with other players.
  15. You may privately notify me via PM if you feel another player has violated any rule.
  16. Do not post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  17. Feel free to PM me/marshy/xiivi if you believe that any rules are unfair and would like to appeal for their removal.

Voting and Lynching

1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Eor. You have to unvote before voting another.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. Do not post during Night.

Activity and Deadline

1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. If feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you have a pre-planned absence, then please notify me ahead of time and you will not be prodded. However if your absence is for an unreasonable amount of time, you may be forcibly replaced regardless of advance notification.
  2. The players may majority vote for a deadline extension. This can only be done once.
  3. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement.
  4. No one will be modkilled should the game be in an objectively identifiable LYLO/MYLO situation.
  5. Disobeying any of these rules may result in your mod-kill.

Game-specific

* All roles are assigned entirely at random.
* There are no jesters in this game.
* There are no survivors in this game.
* There are no politicians in this game.
* Modkills only end days if the player being modkilled is town-aligned. Otherwise, day continues.

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Cartoon Cartoon Mafia, ! You are Edd of Ed, Edd and Eddy!. You live happily on the friday night line up on Cartoon Network. But where there are Cartoon Cartoons there are Cartoon Cartoon villians! Don’t let them take up your time slot!

Role: Vanilla Townie

Abilities: Your voice and your vote.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Cartoon Cartoons have been eliminated

Alive
1. nday
2. dzle-falz
3. vrael
4. dark_ermac
5. overswarm
6. clownbot
7. lythium replaces rocketpsience
8. exn
9. greenstreet
10. super smash bros. fan
11. the_guide
12. vanderzant

Dead

-Replacements-

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
The Setup:

12 players.
3 Mafia.
1 Serial Killer.
8 Townfolk.
No mercy.

This is a semi-open game. All setups, roles etc were chosen by random.org's random number generator/list randomiser.

The Mafia have one of the following setups:
- 3 Mafia Goons
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Tracker
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Roleblocker

There are 4 potential power roles for the Townsfolk:
A pro-Town Cult Leader
A Vigilante
A Tracker
A Jailer

So the possible Town setups are as follows:
- Cult Leader missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Vigilante missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Tracker missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Jailer missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- All four power roles, and 4 Vanilla Townies

And the Serial Killer has one possible setup:
- the Serial Killer.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey Scumbagfever, I might sign up as a replacement later. I'll hit you on AIM when time's right.

Edit: The picture in the OP convinced me :p

:059:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Confirming.

Also, yay at having the Edds in this game (if the picture above is any indication)!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Confirming, I'd like to claim serial killing mafia cult leading tracker-jailer who can switch alignment to town aligned on even numbered days and also days 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Also I'm bulletproof/hated/triple lover so don't vote for me or try to vig me or like four people die. Or something.

Fun fact: I didn't have cable growing up and never watched any of these shows

D

Deleted member

@Overswarm: Please for god sakes don't break the game like you did DBZ Mafia. I was somewhat surprise the game is still going on. If you do it again, I will make sure to blacklist you when I understand Mafia enough to host one.

And another question. From DBZ Mafia, you sound like a big-time fan of Dragonball Z. Then why are you claiming you didn't have cable? Also, if you were never a fan of Cartoon Network, why did you join this Mafia? Just wondering.

You don't have to answer the questions on the second paragraph, but please listen to the first paragraph.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No.

We will not discuss that here in regards to DBZ. Take it to PM's if you have a problem.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yes it is

D1 starts! With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is last second of May 30 EST!

LET THE SHOW BEGIN

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote OS

When are you not scum :rolleyes:

Nday, Dzle, Exn, Greenstreet: How much Mafia you guys play before? I haven't seen you around Decisive Games (although I suspect some of you are familiar with it through the Disco Room).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@Overswarm: Please for god sakes don't break the game like you did DBZ Mafia. I was somewhat surprise the game is still going on. If you do it again, I will make sure to blacklist you when I understand Mafia enough to host one.

And another question. From DBZ Mafia, you sound like a big-time fan of Dragonball Z. Then why are you claiming you didn't have cable? Also, if you were never a fan of Cartoon Network, why did you join this Mafia? Just wondering.

You don't have to answer the questions on the second paragraph, but please listen to the first paragraph.
I'll break any and every game I join if I'm given the opportunity to. Bring it onnnnnn

And I'm in this game because it's a mafia game and I've joined. I don't even know WTF Geass is, and I read it is a "geese", and "code geese" sounds like some really lame Greek encryption system.

Vote OS

When are you not scum
Tuesday mornings after breakfast, and sunday evenings juuuuust before sunset.

Scum DOES suit me though, amirite?

Not sure who are power players are in this game.

DZLE

Smash Master
Vote OS

When are you not scum :rolleyes:

Nday, Dzle, Exn, Greenstreet: How much Mafia you guys play before? I haven't seen you around Decisive Games (although I suspect some of you are familiar with it through the Disco Room).
I play a lot of Epic Mafia and I have played 3 games now in /DR/.
So you can say i'm not a huge noob, but not exactly a veteran.

Vote: rPSI
Cause I :mad:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Vote: Exn

I've played a couple of games, but I'd still class myself as 'learning'. There are a lot of roles I am not familiar with, or at least I am not familiar with their effects on the game.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I play a lot of Epic Mafia and I have played 3 games now in /DR/.
So you can say i'm not a huge noob, but not exactly a veteran.

Vote: rPSI
Cause I :mad:
I've never been mafia before, what makes you think that'll change!?!
:mad:

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Well, I happen to dislike the RVS stage, despite how lulzy it can get. I feel that more information can be unearthed by asking simple questions at the beginning of the game, so here I go:

How do y'all make your decisions in this game? Are you the sort of player who posts on a whim, going on hunches? Or are you the type who'll keep a big, fat, juicy notepad full of notes on all of the players?

Of those two, I'm the latter. But feel free to expand upon your answer in terms other than what I gave in my examples.

Top Bottom