• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carroll Fest 4 (Pittsburgh PA) Full Results and S/Os Thread!

PGH Carroll

Smash Master

MELEE SINGLES (66 entrants)

Pools Results: Coming Soon

Melee Pro Bracket: Top 4 in pools

1: M2K
2: Best Riven NA
3: TheLake
4: Ambix
5: SilentSwag
5: Abate
7: Vudujin
7: X
9: 4%
9: PGH Carroll
9: Nakamaru
9: Minnty
13: KrazyKrox
13: CaveDweller
13: Sweet
13: BigR
17: Dempt
17: S1
17: Pat
17: Kitty
17: KrazyKnux
17: Soap
17: Skyson
17: Stro
25: ThethetheLyme
25: Slarti
25: Nimbus
25: Lonnie D
25: Z Axiz
25: Morning Thunder
25: Shrouded One
25: Dr. Steinbock
33: Dees
33: Life
33: Get Low
33: SnipperWolf
33: BearsFan92
33: CoffeeMug
33: OJANYA
33: Capt. Cleveland
33: Mach
33: Dirac
33: ROH
33: Strahl (Left Early)

Melee AM Bracket

1: Kray
2: Jbro
3: Tercel
4: Hesh
5: Jiggz
5: H Master J
7: Ders
7: PiGuy
9: Stev
9: Etwas
9: FSM
9: Dokz
13: BeanWolf
13: Vits
13: MKYD
13: Boof
17: Spin2Win
17: KallieKaze
17: Tehz
17: Blue Urnes
17: Pancake
17: Avro

Melee Teams (19 teams)

1: M2K + VaNz
2: Abate + SilentSwag
3: Ambix + Sweet
4: TheLake + Naka
5: 4% + X
5: Carroll + Vudujin
7: Stro + Cavedweller
7: KrazyKrox + KrazyKnux
9: Slarti + Skyson
9: Mach + Lyme
9: Dempt + Capt Cleveland
9: S1 + Kray
13: Soap + Big R
13: Ders + Coffeemug
13: Kitty + Pat
13: Z-axis + Minnty
17: MKYD + Gay2
17: Jbro + Dokz
17: Get Low + Shrouded One

Brawl Singles (16 entrants)

1: M2K
2: Kazi
3: Fisty
4: Invayne
5: Moorwood
5: Sam
7: Vegeta
7: Spacething
9: Spin2win
9: FSM
9: Boognish
9: Jimmy FOSHO
13: Vits
13: Etwas
13: BeanWolf
13: Whiskers

Brawl Doubles (5 teams RR)

1: M2K + Sykson
2: Kazi + Invayne
3: Sam + KWAN
4: Moriwood + Vegeta
5: Djnicholasrage + Vanz

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/DjNicholasRAGE Main TV
http://www.youtube.com/user/1nnovate
http://www.youtube.com/user/thetrombowler
http://www.youtube.com/user/Vudujin

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, this was so much fun. Finally did decent at a tourney.

Also, I'll have the pictures uploaded this week hopefully.

Life

Smash Hero
Oh huh, I had just assumed I was in Am bracket since I barely escaped pools. Well then. Guess I know how that works for future reference.

I guess I'm satisfied I made it that far. I went all Marth today BTW, if that matters to anyone.

Shoutouts... hm.

Everyone I played I guess. That would be...

Pat and Dempt in bracket.
Lake, KK, Kray, Hesh, and one other person I'm forgetting in pools.
A whole bunch of Peaches and spacies in friendlies (I remember Shrouded One and Get Low and Etwas, at least)
Vegeta and that other guy (sorry ._.) in Brawl

Additionally:
M2K: So I didn't actually talk to you or anything, but I spent maybe like 5-10 minutes watching your Marth and pretty much immediately became better at this game. Thanks for coming.
Carroll: Thanks for hosting.
Fosho: Seriously, I wasn't kidding about the cookies. Probably should have played you in Brawl at some point, but eh.

Had a great time, venue was great, etc.

jbro

Smash Ace
this is my nightmare.
play kinda bad and end up in amateur bracket, but suck it up and play my ass off.
even run back and beat the guy who put me into losers.

then i end up in grand finals against a standard ohio peach and i lose 3-1.

why do i come to these things?

awesome tourney for every reason outside of that. shoutouts in a bit.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
jbro, hyun tae is super salty about that last set. Expect a runback sometime.

Shoutouts:

Dees- we are teaming next opportunity we get. We made magic happen in friendlies.
Nimbus- cool dude. Glad to have met you
Steinbock- So I win the tourney set and lose the MM. The rivalry lives.
Stro- why you gotta move man. Whisper sweet maths into my ear baby
Carroll- you're a big reason why I play. Sucks you're retiring, but you'll still be around so I don't know what I'm upset about
hyun tae/h masta j- your tag is almost as ******** as mine

thethethelyme

Smash Cadet
Great tourny! Shoutouts go to:
-Nimbus: Great friendlies, pools, and bracket matches lol. kinda crazy that we had to play eachother back to back but they were all hella close. You should come to this side of the state more often!
-Mach: Nice teaming with you and good pools matches Mr. Meatball.
-TheLake: Broomhilda!
-M2K: Enjoy our money.
-Ambix: That stitch face in teams was glorious. TWAS GLORIOUS.
-Vudujin: See you at home we gonna eat some crawdads.
-Swag: Props for harassing that poor hostess girl.
-Dempt: Close mother f*cking game. I'll get ya next time!
-Minnnty: You have such a solid fox. Hard to find any openings. Our bracket set was pretty sweet tho. Good ****.
-S1: Best heckler in all the land.
-Sweet: You did so good this tourny. Props.
-Stro: You big beautiful *******.
-Dees: Awesome mario! We love our goofy mains in PGH.
-Kitty: We have unfinished business you and I.
-Jbro: Way to stomp your way thru AM bracket.
-Kray: ^^ that
-BestRivenNa: who are you?

-Everyone else: :3

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
this is my nightmare.
play kinda bad and end up in amateur bracket, but suck it up and play my *** off.
even run back and beat the guy who put me into losers.

then i end up in grand finals against a standard ohio peach and i lose 3-1.

why do i come to these things?

awesome tourney for every reason outside of that. shoutouts in a bit.

JOE PATURNIP IS NO ORDINARY PEACH SON

Get Low

Smash Ace
I am in love with that amateur bracket.
Kray too good, and Jbro with that loser's bracket run like a beast.

soap

Smash Hero
Good **** Carroll that was very professionally run

Bearsfan: Good set. You need some work on your sheik matchup, just clean up your edgeguarding first. Grab the ledge bro!

Sweet: We finally played. You have gotten alot better. I'll make sure to bring the juice next time.

Carroll: Good ****. You call yourself a standard fox but you actually play weird as ****. Approaching with weird angles off platforms. Just not teching the dthrow. yeah whatever I'll figure some **** out.

Crews would have been dope, but OH can't really stick around late on a Sunday with a 2-3 hour drive

Ohio woulda stomped tho

jbro

Smash Ace
actual legitimate shoutout post

1: M2K - fun friendlies at our house last night
3: TheLake - bust out that smurf so we can leeeeeeague some more
4: Ambix - mama ambix always knows what to say to cheer me up
7: Vudujin - jacob this is the first tourney where i saw zero of your matches. sorry. but really glad you did so well
9: PGH Carroll - you are incredibly free, how did you place this high? (tourney was dope)
13: Sweet - goooooood **** in teams, even if your stupid ass got carried. i love you
17: S1 - standard
17: Stro - stro stomping the competition as per usual. it was the beard
25: ThethetheLyme - #bringbackMachLymetoCF5
25: Morning Thunder - awesome to chill with you and the other philly heads last night
25: Dr. Steinbock - DA DOC. how did you not win this whole tourney
33: Dees - my future husband
33: Get Low - ggs, not surprised i lost to you and also lost to kray. i'll never figure out this matchup
33: BearsFan92 - didn't get to see much of you on sunday, but awesome hanging out with you eariler in the weekend
33: CoffeeMug - homie your graphic design **** is off the chain. can't wait to see the pictures
33: Mach - i always knew you were cool
1: Kray - i knew as soon as you said you made it to finals in the winner's bracket that i was taking 2nd. good **** dude, i ****ing hate peach and i always will.
2: Jbro - way to be a ****ing disappointment again, you piece of ****.
3: Tercel - ggs, sorry for the crowd being kinda *****, promise it wasn't planned
4: Hesh - same as tercel, awesome match, sorry if the crowd were being rude. had to win it for the locals
5: H Master J - nice meeting you friday, nice playing you sunday. i think we're really close in skill level and for us both to win and lose to each other made sense.
7: PiGuy - thank you for the best set of my career. also thanks for hanging last night, you guys were super chill.
9: Dokz - zak! best teammate 1982. let's do it again sooooon
13: MKYD - i feel bad for knocking mike d out of this tourney. that being said, i got to play mike d in tourney.
17: KallieKaze - i'm gay
17: Blue Urnes - ggs, wasn't trying to style on you in front of your friends, lol. hope you had fun.
17: Avro - always good to see you, cory, keep grindin

i usually do other miscellaneous shoutouts but i didn't really see anyone i knew out of the brawl players or anything.
shoutouts to peters' place for being good sports about a bunch of loud assholes in their restaurant.

carroll retiring? looks like 2014 is the year of jbrofest

Cia

das kwl
@Carroll

Thanks for hosting. Then convincing me to go. Then convincing me to enter. Then partaking in racist jokes with me.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Ok, shoutouts for real

TheLake: your comments are some of my favorite things about these tourneys, also your Zelda is inspiration for my life
Ambix: Thanks for providing me with entertainment while editing the photos. Best reactions NA
Abate: let me just say I'm glad I got your G&W and not luigi. That was a fun friendly!
Vudujin: I have to learn this matchup my gannon could not keep up. good ****
X and 4%: Wow you guys handed me and ders our asses. what a reality check haha
PGH Carroll: Thanks for putting this on again, it was my first PGH tourney and I had so much fun. Truly sad to see you go.
Sweet: Nice job dude, glad to see you go so far.
Dempt: Soon. you're going down.
S1: The hype you bring is awesome, best heckles/commentary all day.
Pat: one day I will know how to beat falco, thanks for being nice about it though.
Soap: No mercy in that match. ouch. I had fun though
ThethetheLyme and Mach: I knew you guys were cool.
Capt. Cleveland: always nice to see you sir.
Jbro: absolutely sick run through AM bracket.
Ders: thanks for taking all my friendly fire, and nice job in AM

Probably the most fun I had at a tourney this summer. Can't wait for another.

Also, PICTURE TIME.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
1: M2K - Hope you buy lots of milk with your winnings!
2: Best Riven NA - Nice job. Glad to see you entered.
3: TheLake - My man. I can't say enough about you. Amazing job placing third. Thank you for helping with gas money.
4: Ambix - Alright, so I'm pretty sure we should team for just about everything now. Had a great time, man, and additionally, thank you too for helping me with gas. :)
5: SilentSwag - Douglas.
5: Abate - Nice job in singles and doubles, man. Luigi is a tricky matchup, especially in doubles. Hope to see you again soon Jim Sturgess!
7: Vudujin - It was great seeing you again, Jacob. Nice set in doubles. Sad to see you go this year, but we've still got ya for a couple months. See you soon!
7: X - I didn't expect much from our set, but nice job. You're at the top of the NEOH rankings for a reason, lol. I got lucky game two. GG's. I gotta play you again soon.
9: PGH Carroll - Posting yours below.
9: Nakamaru - Fun friendlies at the end. Shame we didn't meet in bracket. Nice seeing you again Naka. Need to play against you again real soon!
13: KrazyKrox - I keep getting you and Knux mixed up since this was the first time I met you two. GG's in friendlies, sorry for my tired johns. Hope to see you two soon!
13: CaveDweller - OH MY GOD I AM STILL SO UPSET WITH MYSELF. D: Good games, though. You earned it. I'll getcha next time. :)
13: Sweet - Hey, you placed in the money at a melee event for once. You should've been top ten. Just gotta focus more.
17: S1 - Thank you for cheering me on at this. You're a great friend and training partner. I wouldn't have done as well as I did if it weren't for you. Saving personal shoutouts for end of summer shoutouts.
17: Pat - I don't think I got to play you at this, Pat! Hopefully we'll meet in bracket sometime soon!
17: Kitty - GG's in friendlies. Big Blue OP LOL. You're slippin' man. You gotta keep up with me! :p
17: KrazyKnux - I keep getting you and Krox mixed up since this was the first time I met you two. GG's in friendlies, sorry for my tired johns. Hope to see you two soon!
17: Soap - Good games, man. I really enjoyed your set, and I'm looking forward to playing you again! :)
17: Skyson - It's always a good time to see you. I don't think we interacted a whole lot other than our doubles set, but good games. Good seeing you. :)
17: Stro - I love your beard and your Link and your Link's beard and your beards Link.
25: ThethetheLyme - THETHEthethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethe coolest Mike I know.
25: Slarti - JESUS SLARTS, IF YOU'RE GOING TO DRIVE PEOPLE TO A TOURNAMENT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART, AT LEAST HAVE THE DECENCY TO SHOW UP ON TIME. JESUS CHRIST. GG's in doubles. :)
25: Lonnie D - Londell! Chillest guy ever. We gotta play more. I feel like our set at Goast House was just a little too intense for the crowd. Nice seeing you.
25: Z Axis - I didn't play you here, but hello!
25: Morning Thunder - Wow you got good. I got a little nervous there in our set. Good look at UP next year, and I hope to see you soon, man!
25: Shrouded One - Good games, Jaiye. We need to play again soon. :)
33: Dees - Yo, you got out of pools. Nice job. A HA HA HAAAAAAA, Jim would be proud.
33: Get Low - What're you doing all the way down here? :( Hope to see you at something soon in the future!
33: BearsFan92 - I've still got like three of your things. We'll get straight here soon enough. lol.
33: CoffeeMug - I still can't thank you enough for those overlays. The pictures and the posters were fantastic, and I don't believe you've been given enough credit. Big props to you, man!
33: Mach - Hi Mach. :)
33: Dirac - Good games in pools, man. You'll get there soon enough. The tech skill is showing, the execution just needs a little work. Gotta get up to that Standard Fox standard!

1: Kray - WOW. CARROLLFEST 4 MELEE SINGLES CHAMPION. GLAD TO SEE YOU RETIRING AT THE TOP!
2: Jbro - Davey, I love you. Don't quit because I'll miss you. Best of luck on paying rent to Pat and Carroll. :> <3
9: Stev - **** you.
9: Dokz - Zak Fox the Doc **** Fox Doc Main. I love you.
13: BeanWolf - Thanks for the main recording rig, man. It looked great! Big props to you!
13: MKYD - Mikey D, tho.
17: KallieKaze - Sit on my face.

PGH Carroll AKA Dad - This was arguably the best tournament I've been to. It's really saddening to see you go, but you've gotta do you man. You're a great friend, and a great teacher. I'll be coming down a few times sometime this school year, so maybe I can get you to play fight brothers with me, and if you get the chance to stop in Erie when Pat goes to NY, please don't hesitate to come here for a few days. I'm not gonna post everything until my end of the summer shoutouts, but here's to the blackest Fox this side of the equator, and a great friend. Love you, man. I'll see you soon, and thank you again for everything Nick.

Ambix

Smash Ace
after looking at the videos of our doubles matches, I think i might have taken more stocks from sweet than the rest of the other teams combined >_<

Top Bottom