• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carroll Fest 3: Results! Green Rangers ****. SO HUGE.

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
Was the level 9 luigi a player who called themself level 9 luigi, or did someone pay for a level 9 computer's entrance into bracket?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
This was a really fun tournament! Sorry if I seemed a little out of it when we were at eat n park, ended up getting a bad stomach virus T_T was a fun weekend anyway, glad I came!

shoutouts:
1: Mew2King - fun matches, lol@running into you in both games. that sheik too goooooood
3: Cactuar - nice seeing you again. it's weird, now that we don't play anymore, I kind of miss it :(
4: VaNz - our peach dittos were a lot of fun, ggs.
5: PGH Carroll - too good! fun matches, and good job hosting. I had a lot of fun ^_^
5: TheLake - nice seeing you again, too bad we didn't play :(
7: Hanky Panky- our peach dittos were so fun, great matches
13: SilentSwag - nice seeing you again, too bad you prevented double peach :(
17: KD Chad - ggs man, our matches were a lot of fun.
25: Dempt - ggs, had a lot of fun in our set.
1: Skyson - had a lot of fun playing you, good **** winning am bracket
4: Xzax - nice seeing you, good **** beating level 9 luigi!
9: Jbro - ggs man, our set was fun.
2: Kazi - our new hero! you got so much better since last time I saw you, good **** dude. Pittsburgh's new champion, get ***** mav!
4: Roller - it was nice seeing you again, and I'm glad we got to pika ditto ^_^
5: Vex - you're lucky mav rigged the bracket against me sonnnnn lol it was nice seeing you again, fun melee friendlies
7: Mav - thanks for driving me, housing me, and taking care of my sick *** all weekend. Glad I went!
13: JimmyFOSHO - nice seeing you again, enjoy your cake!
13: Lokii - it was nice meeting you, sucks we had to play so early :(
Ambix- nice seeing you again, stop working so much!
everyone else- <3 you all

Life

Smash Hero

That is all.

In any case this discussion probably doesn't belong here, feel free to take it to PMs/VMs if you'd like to argue so we don't spam this thread

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
1: Juggleguy - Great to see you again. I like how the only places I see you is very far from both of our homes. :p
1: Taki - Falcon UPSMASH
1: vanz - >_> We didn't get to play a full match
1: lake - Love doing random dittos with you man, that's pretty much the only way to determine seeding :)
1: Cactuar - thanks for bringing me out here! I had a lot of fun.
1: abu - you were the guy playing jiggs in teams friendlies right? We had pretty good synergy thanks it was fun.
1: M2K - uthrow - utilt is not always the best option just saying
10: naka - other than the teams match... i don't think i played you at all at this... wtf?
10: Ultima scout -- nobody checks the pools listing so nobody even remembers you were at this, get *****.
10: SilentSwag - nice teams matches, "almost" had you guys.
10: PGH Carroll - great tournament man, you do a great job as TO.
19: s1 - nice matches in pools man, sorry we didn't get to play more.
19: Cavedweller - nice meeting you and thanks for the few friendlies.
19: Green Ranger - we had some awesome matches in there, I really wish I could've faced you in bracket... but I had to leave :(
28: Pepe - gg's in pools. kinda messed up you hard countered me game one but I'm used to people doing that at this point.
28: Achilles - gg's in friendlies :D
37: Avro - gg's in pools keep at it. Learn to DI marths throws better so you don't always get tippered.
37: Xzax - entered melee cause YOLO
37: Links - I played a few friendlies with you I think mid dayish, I made mention to you doing a good job landing those L-cancels. Anyway always fun to meet another link player :D
37: Question Guy - Hope you had fun at your first tournament, I'm sure we'll continue to see you grow in the community.

Vex - Thanks for teaming, Falcon / Ganon team combo *****.
Loki - (brawl girl?) Thanks for chillin for a bit and showing me your artwork.

Skyson

Smash Ace
M2K: Doing work per usual. I didn't bother you at all this time around just because I had a lot of people to float around to, but maybe another time. I feel like there's a lot to learn from getting wrecked. I took a solid stock off you in doubles, more or less all my own, so I'll take it for what it's worth. The Sheik ditto is painful.

Abate: Good lord. So much unexpected hype. Dat Weegee. I am very glad I didn't get the pleasure of being stomped by you in pools or anything. You were on fire. Keep it up, man.

Cactuar: Should have played you. I had a chance at one point, but forget what I did instead. Something that was a waste of time. I need more practice against more good Foxes. Good work, though.

VaNz: A good car ride up, learned a lot of smash/league/stuff information! Per usual, of course. You seemed pretty happy with doubles, didn't catch much of how singles went near the end because I was doing AB ****, but it looks like you put in work. Teemooooooo.

PGH Carroll: What is with these high Carroll placings? You are becoming good at this game or SOMETHING. I'm totally confused. Not really, though. You put in an amazing amount of work. A very well run tourney, as well, despite nuisances here and there with time issues. For what it was, it was a good time. As it always is with PA. :D

TheLake: Laaaaaaaaaaaake. So happy I got to see you again. It's been FAR too long. And by that I mean every single day I don't have a dose of Aaron in my life, it just grows and festers into a great need. GOOD **** in doubles, again. I'm so dumb for not checking my Yugioh tin for actual Yugioh cards before I left. SUPER SALTY that we didn't have time to play Mario Party 3 (THE BEST MARIO PARTY GAME IN THE SERIES, IN CASE A DIFFERENT DUMB SHEIK MAIN HAPPENS TO SKIM THIS.) but I'm sure the time will come! It certainly will. Just a massive PAfest involving all kinds of things that are ridiculous and measure up to typically PA standards. Love ya, Lake. Always will. So good to see you again, glad we got to play RANDOM LOW TIER FRIENDLIES and the fun absolutely never ends with you. <:

Green Ranger: Putting in an excessive amount of work. Wish I could have awoken this in you for doubles. :p But like you said, DK bein' a big ol' target does hinder things a bit. Still, you're incredibly smart. For what you accomplish with.. ****in' Donkey Kong, you do very well. A handful of upsets lay in your path, by the looks of things. Very good stuff. Kick ***, man. Glad I got to meet you before, you're a super cool dude. Keep it up, and be the kong.

Hanky Panky: Glad I got to get a single game in with you. Would have preferred more, and I definitely rushed the game we did play. I would normally have been way more patient a stock or two in after seeing how well you force trades to always work out so badly for me. I was about to head into the grand finals for amateur and kind of rushed our game, probably explaining why I was so mindblown by your ability to just constantly trade and make me look hella dumb. xD But hopefully, next time I catch you, we'll play a bit more. Peach experience is a good thing to have as far as I'm concerned.

Umbra: 9th? Wow. I don't feel as bad about losing to you. I was kind of bothered because the match broke down so.. simply. I got really upset early on by down smash. Like.. it was beating me. I was losing straight up to down smash, and I didn't feel like anything was making a significant impact other than that. Then it just.. kept happening. It was so frustrating, and I eventually lost control and threw game 2 stupidly hard. I hate that. You mentally destroyed me and I absolutely hate it. Good placing, though.

abu: I would have been down to play friendlies or even money match you if you hadn't been so intent on trolling me as hard as you could. Like, I'm not up for consistently arguing that you didn't come close to beating me with your Marth at all, but lording it over me that you 'won with Marth' as if it actually happened did nothing but bother the hell out of me. I'm aware at this point that you don't care and you think I'm a ****ty player. What I don't get is why you have such an intent to make me hate you, now that I've done something and you're more in the mood to twist things than just be straight up about it. But I get it, you're trolling me. Hopefully I'll see you again sometime, and we'll play friendlies or whatever. Maybe one day you can clean up the money match that you 'handicapped' yourself out of. I shook your hand out of courtesy and I respect you as a [better] player, but I'm not in the mood to associate with someone who is solely out to make my experience less than enjoyable.

Taki: DODGED A BULLET AGAIN. ****in' Matrix up in this ****.

Juggleguy: I said you were getting a paragraph, and honestly, you are. The night before this tournament is probably the biggest reason that I hated this tournament. I don't know how to describe you as a player anymore, after playing you so much that night.. it was infinitely frustrating. You had solid tech skill in necessary Falcon fashion, but the thing that endlessly bothered me and made me question myself the whole night was just.. the way you started everything. Every single thing you started with felt like a recycled reaction to me doign the same things. I could never break an opening into you, and every time I tried something, it felt like the way you started a combo was absolutely effortless, even if it led into a series of really high-speed tech skill combos. Maybe it's just the way I always lose to Falcons.. Falcons make me feel so stupid when I lose. I get read at every turn, and it makes me feel like nothing but a predictable player. You beat me consistently, and I think I had one fluke game on Fountain that was pure abuse of the stage.. but it left me feeling really awful as a player, no lie. I couldn't shake it for the rest of the night, and I didn't know whether to attribute it to your skill as a player or my predictability as a player.. I picked the latter. I just couldn't shake the feeling that I could never improve and everything I was doing was hopeless and being read by a completely superior player. I spent the rest of the tournament trying to shake the feeling that I was getting anywhere positive.. then I got completely defeated by you in teams. Again. The second or third time I've met you in teams, and I absolutely lose control to you. Pretty sure you handled all of my stocks by yourself because I couldn't approach you at all. I give some credit to Falcon's control through speed... but you spent so much of the time just flat out reading me and being better.. it was an incredibly frustrating thing to deal with, and I never did end up doing it. I just conceded that I'm worse than you, and that everything I was doing was just predictable. It doesn't take any credit away from you being able to read and predict, two things I think you do amazingly well.. it was just frustrating to feel helplessly predictable. I've never been so mentally shut down by someone before..

All of that being said? It was fun playing you. I needed a humbling experience to show myself that my ability to read is certainly surpassed... by leaps and bounds. You were a good gauge of how much I need to improve to be able to really do anything. And the ride up to PA was fun. I have never heard 'grimy' used as an adjective in so many consecutive sentences before. Also from what I remembered, everyone ever got bodied. All the time. lol

[holy **** I typed a lot. but yeah.]

Pat: gay.

Nakamaru: My man! <: DOIN WORK IN DUBS. And then doin' work on me with Lokii's deck. D; Oh well. You were pretty chill, and we still have very fateful Link dittos to take care of, bro. Never forget!

SilentSwag: You're still 12 in my heart, Johnny.

KD Chad: GGs in pools. I assure you that nothing you did had an influence on me. I would have finished the up-b onto the platform (maybe not even onto the platform, judging the distance I was up-bing from; I was holding back on my controller in expectance of a ledgehop bair to put me back offstage) and you had the upper edge imo. It was a clutch *** set, but I was already kind of in a bad mood from the general experience of doubles + friendlies I was playing + losing to Umbra in a way I did not approve of. But I do believe I got outplayed in general. You made smart choices all throughout our set, and I got reckless at times that Sheik can't afford to do against Fox. I would love to play you again sometime, I felt on pretty equal footing with you most of the time.. I just couldn't pull it out. But no, don't take the first game into account of how I was playing. Also ggs in doubles. You kept a solid Fox throughout this tournament.

Sweet: Get that Zelda **** out of her. AND THE FALCO INSULT. HOW DARE YOU. Gimped for life.

S1: Don't give me fluke wins like that, even in a friendly.

Kitty: Less gay than Pat, still gets ***** in Ganon dittos.

Dempt: u wot m8. Losing to S1.. oh dear. That would be good motivation to quit playing for a while.

Skyson: Is this where I deserve to be? I guess it is. All that this looks like to me is 'best of the worst' and that's how I felt at this. I got rolled in multiple friendlies. I couldn't clutch in a single pools match and dropped games that I honestly shouldn't have. Then I skated through amateur bracket and barely won against an opponent that SD'd consistently... I really don't think I'm any good at this game sometimes. For one, I need to quit playing doubles. I think I'm going to reject any offers to play doubles from now on. I'm bad enough at singles, and the way I split focus and don't pay attention when necessary makes me a really ****ty doubles player. It's a second waste of money on top of the money I already waste entering tournaments with no result. But as I've already said.. I do it for the experience. For the fun of the community because I love PA and will always go to see PA people. But.. I don't know how I feel about playing right now. I'll never be happy with myself, but I guess I'll take home the fact that this is the first time I've gotten first place in anything Melee related.. oh well.

Achilles: Too appropriate of a tag. That achilles' heel.. clean it up. If you slow your pace down to where you don't make a technical mistake to cause an SD, you'll be deadly. You have so much precision in your techskill, it's scary. Nothing you do ever looks like a wasted tech or wrong move. Some slight technical errors that I think just stemmed from pressure (not my place to say, but some things you did to me in Winners' Finals you couldn't pull off on me in Grand Finals, idk what to attribute it to and I don't want to be a **** for saying 'don't crack under pressure') but overall you were clean in your execution. I could never beat you head on and had to resort to staying back and making appropriate reads, and that's where I think I beat you? You beat me clean in head-to-head clashes and I couldn't muscle past you, so I had to bait you into approaching most of the time. Very good sets, though, you kept it close pretty much every time unless I could get some clutch gimps. You're definitely a promising player though.. I wouldn't be surprised to see you place high in the future. Just clean up that Achilles' heel. :p

slarti: Dunno what to say. You did a lot of what I tried to do to Achilles' and muscle past him with what normally works on Fox. I think you just got read more than you were willing to stop and read. Overly aggressive Fox, too stronk. Anyway, I think you're better than this too, but I guess we both have the same issues? Oh well. Maybe next time!

Xzax: GGs. It became apparent after a while that you were moreso fed information about the ditto rather than having practical experience.. but I didn't realize you were a Brawl player going into Melee. Or.. something like that? Anyway, for someone who was just going off the fly, you did very well. I expected a lot less at the start, and had to pick it up. Good work. :p

garzel: Holy **** I don't remember playing you. I am a horrible person. I knew that I didn't remember my first AM match very well.. sorry about that! GGs, I think I just rushed through it and was salty about not making the pro bracket. No offense to you.

LvL 9 luigi: Good ****.

Jbro: Good games in pools, good friendlies. I dunno what else to do, Sheik is always my go-to and she does work for me. I'm surprised you didn't pull out das Ganon on me. He was a monster last I remember. Glad we got to play a bit more. Dat beard.

B.W.C. <3: <: YOU DIDN'T GIVE LVL 9 LUIGI THE CORRINNE SPECIAL. MAJOR DISAPPOINT.

hari: :D Hariiiii. Oh man I said your name wrong so many times, I am a horrible person. I couldn't get myself to say it correctly for the life of me. :S No hate. But look at dis 9th place! You whaaaaat. Girl, that Pit. Too strong. xD It was good to see you again, with the... one friendly we played. xD IKE DEMOLISHED ICS. :S Hopefully I'll get to see you again. Also, double hugs too strong. <3

Lokii: OH MY GOD LOKII. ALL OF THE LOVE. I can't figure out why we aren't the bestest of friends. The Diana/Leona epicness, the Yugioh stuff (HOW DID I NOT LOOK IN MY TIN TO MAKE SURE MY DECK WAS THERE? I dumb.) and the Brawl and the "HOW DO I SHEIK?" featuring epic yelling at how to down throw -> x -> y -> z -> fair. THAT'S SHEIK. do that. Anyway, it was absolutely wonderful seeing you and spending a ridiculous amount of time on the topics of Brawl/Melee/YGO/LoL/graphix. :D Hopefully more events like this pop up, and I've started playing Leona again so we can share quote spamming while we play. <: But such a good time. Very much so. <3 Do more league stuff.

Jiffy: CANTON. You wrecked me in our friendlies. D: I remember when I used to go even or I would even beat you. That Jiffy rage mode.

aaaaaand that's all.

All of this being said, I am definitely declining future offers to enter doubles. I'm no good at Melee, let alone doubles. lol

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Dempt: u wot m8. Losing to S1.. oh dear. That would be good motivation to quit playing for a while.
And get to play Taki for the 1,000,000th time in tourney, actually do decently getting him offstage and gaining control, only to lose because of a misclick, and lose to Sweet, and lose to Umbra g3.

All of my salt that will be redeemed in 2013.

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
How convenient, that I had to play twice as many matches going to loser's bracket so early the weekend before RoM.

:troll:
LOOOOOOOOOOL YEAHHHH OK GET ***** BY GREEN RANGER

im better than dempt. he's lost the last 2 moneymatches and i 2-0'd him. he's said it himself.

also i **** you too so **** you tony <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Shoutouts to:

Dempt for the much-appreciated housing, having a kick-*** dog, and staying free at the pool table ;]

Carroll for hosting this bad boy and helping organize a bunch of carpools from different regions

KD for driving the MI car and teaming with me, let's try it again when you come back out of retirement

Roller for coming in the MI car despite the presence of M2K/Vex/NEO/etc. making the Brawl tourney not free lol

Abate for providing the most hype set I've witnessed live probably since Darkrain vs SFAT at FC10R

Taki for being Taki

Nakamaru for giving me an in-person clinic on how to play Falcon in teams

TheLake for sitting down with me to play some friendlies! WE FINALLY DID IT

VaNz for stomping on me with Yoshi and Ganondorf in friendlies the night before

Hanky Panky for the multiple friendlies and tourney set, fun stuff and I want to play more next time

Abu for finding a way to lose in epic fashion for everyone's entertainment

Skyson for that wall-of-text shoutout... if it's any consolation, I think you've gotten way better since last time

Sweet's Fox for being the latest victim to fall to the infamous Jugglefox

Green Ranger for being a complete boss with a very difficult-to-play character

... and Vudujin for two of the greatest quotes of the weekend:

"I charged up a misfire... but it was a dud."
"Isn't there some smiley with the Denzel Washington face..."

:denzel:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I find the Slarts/Jbro feud/lovefest really, really funny. Probably funnier than I should.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Pffft. Amateur compared to Slarts and I.

Shootoots.

Mew2King: Glad I finally got to sit down and play you. Felt good that I could keep up with your Marth, even though it was friendlies. Next time, I'm taking that last stock though ;)

Abate: Congrats bud, you deserve it. Did work on us in teams, and did work in singles. Idk why but I enjoy watching your Luigi play soooo much. It's just way different than what I'm used to seeing. Keep the rust off brah, I'll see you next year.

Cactuar: Didn't get a chance to play you but I know you teamed with Jaden and I'm glad he got a good partner haha I'll have to try for next time, congrats to you also

VaNz: Yay! You won teams! :D About time you got a good partner lol Always a blast hanging with you and I love the car rides. Hope you kill it at the monthly or RoM and hopefully I'll be giving you a handful when I start playing again.

PGH Carroll: God you're getting so good, I'm like legit jealous. I remember when I could go toe to toe with you but I'd never win. Now look at you! You're placing high at what I consider a regional! Awesome tourney, thanks for having us and thank you so so much for helping get me there. :)

TheLake: I am so proud of you it's stupid. I really really really am jealous of your Falco. If you didn't main Zelda, I'd think that the bird was your main. I loved watching you and Chris in teams, you guys were a blast to speculate. If you guys team at RoM, kick some *** for me baby

Green Ranger: The Green ****hole. A pleasure as always. Your DK is getting really clutch dude. I watched your set vs Abu, and now I have to clean my floor from the mess I made. Holy bodily fluids. Do workkkk sonnn

Hanky Panky: Still haven't gotten to play you yet but you went really deep vs Carroll. Definitely gotta play you sometime.

Umbra: Super bitter I lost to you but I'm over it. I can't be dropping sets to anymore Peaches now can I? Lol good stuff dude

Abu: Falco? Really? Someone is either trolling or getting to cocky lol stick to Riggs dude, yours is ****. I watched your set vs swag and was sincerely surprised. We didn't play at all though lol next time though for sure, we'll squeak some games in.

Taki: I'm so sick of playing you in tourney lol Im pretty sure I've played you more than I play some of the kids from Cleveland haha next time though I'm not going to be whiffing every move out on you.

Juggleguy: I'm still trying to figure out why you like my dog so much haha but always a blast seeing you dude. Your Falcon is getting clutch as ****. Next time though, I'm not gunna be so free ;)

Pat: You're officially a Falco main <3 congrats dude. I can definitely see the improvement in it over the course of time. Now all we gotta do is break you out of that cc dsmash habit >_>

Nakamaru: Please don't ever let my Kirby beat your Falco again xD But I practically lost it when you got that knee in Texans vs m2k 1v1 I literally picked Juggleguy up and tossed him around the room. You did it homie! Best falcon in PA

SilentSwag: Johny! What happened vs Abu? That's Sheik all day baby not Falco lol hey no biggie just get em next time. I'll probably end up taking a page or too from you cause I'm in the process of learning Sheik. Keep it dope homie

Flip: Didn't see much of ya, you were probs busy as hell but you gotta start placing higher sonnn. Get that profit :p

KD Chad: Yooooo I never knew you got so pissed at this game like me haha its all good man. Anger can sometimes help your motivation and keep you focused. Just gotta stay with it, ya know?

Sweet: Whew, where do I start. Well I'm super bitter about that pools match but damn you took my Falco like it was nothing. I got super shaky g3 last stock but it's those moments that you know you're playing a good game. I'm really proud of you dude. Time to show these haters what you're ****ing made of.

S1: Yo. No johns, I got *****. But I'm going to make sure next time when I get a grab on you, I'm not letting you go until your stock is gone ;)

Cavedweller: Dude your peach is getting Paaaaaat. Doesn't help when you pull all the best **** under the sun straight out of your butthole though haha fun friendlies man and good seeing you

Kray: That **** you. About time you made it up to the man bracket :p you may not see it but you're improving. Its just tough to see when everyone else is too. Keep it up

Kitty: What the hell? Why are you tied with me? I'm bad. You're good. Stop being dumb and do work. <3

Dempt: ******.

Skyson: Quit being the best of the worst when you're capable of being so much more. Congrats on the win though. Good to see my Fox kept you in shape ;)

Slarts: ****ing Slarts. You shouldn't be down here either. What the hell Canton. Regardless, at least you got 3rd. Good ****. Woulda loved to have seen you and Tony in AM GF's.

JBro: PITTSBURGH GREEN looool my fave PA homie doing work brah. Keep at that Doc, it's getting ****ing gross dude

Hyperbolic time chamber time *****es. 2013 Spring can't come soon enough ;)

Top Bottom