• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple

Hi guys!
I dunno Snap, you're entitled to your own opinion about Marvel 3, but this is generally speaking the popular game right now, As much as i'd hate to say it, even if you like marvel 2 more, you won't get as much play time in marvel 2 as you would in marvel 3. You might even grow to like marvel three if you play it a bit more since the community at this moment is abundant (everyone feels their team could potentially become the next MSP, the possibilities seem endless), but no one's forcing that obviously; do what you want :).

That being said, I got my TE stick and my marvel 3 guide, so i'm about to go in on some training.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
no ones quitting marvel 3, kevin....

theres like hundreads of thousands of people playing this game right now.... and that is not an exaggeration.

get at my xbl rank

88,008 place

and im 3-0

so we in.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont buy hard counter, but I do buy counter. as I was drunkenly trying to explain to sneak last weekend, MODOK's really good at forcing sent into the air with shields and psionic blasts and then good at stuffing his already meh air approaches with shields, balloon bombs and s.L. idk where analyze cubes would come in handy, except maybe M versions for additional anti air

but MODOKs dmg output is kinda low so its very difficult to play against a good sent lol. but my combos are still pretty basic so I have awhile to go anyways.

Duo55

Smash Ace
i dont buy hard counter, but I do buy counter. as I was drunkenly trying to explain to sneak last weekend, MODOK's really good at forcing sent into the air with shields and psionic blasts and then good at stuffing his already meh air approaches with shields, balloon bombs and s.L. idk where analyze cubes would come in handy, except maybe M versions for additional anti air

but MODOKs dmg output is kinda low so its very difficult to play against a good sent lol. but my combos are still pretty basic so I have awhile to go anyways.
basically, analyze cube shuts down sents camp game completely and stops him from approaching unless he flies straight up and over. just spam y cube as fast as possible and if it hits shield (whitch it will) he can't do anything. Also cube causes his force fields and jammer bombs to improve. You can fly over his HSF and he has an very good approach on him S over head>anything = destruction. I might be over hyping it right now, but From the little I've seen it seemed to work great. And this was on 4th lords

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
omg KOS-MOS is in this thread

best name everrrrrrrrrr

hey Duo...tell him to play my MODOK. :troll:
lmao Stingers :D.

I was just lurking because I like to hear people's thoughts about Marvel 3. I'm personally going to give it a shot until EVO (pretty sure I'll be going). I have mixed feelings about the game right now, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

This game is really scrub friendly though I will admit...

I agree with Sanford to some extent.

EDIT: I don't think MODOK hard counters Sentinel lol

Purple

Hi guys!
Yeah, they are -counters- but it's not like any person playing ammy will beat a sent anyday, sentinel can swift body ammy in one combo lol

I only agree with Sanford on the fact it's scrub-friendly, which has nothing to do with the game's playability.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I have mixed feelings for the game because I know that by the time I get good at it there's gonna be a patch and another patch and another patch. To me it seems like a buffed up version of Brawl +/- ever-changing, unless there is only one patch, which is highly unlikely. Once I heard that a patch was coming out I just shut off my PS3 and started practicing Melee and haven't touched MvC3 since then.

Those are my general feelings towards the game. Its fun to see a dead character that I like in a recent game. (Zeeeero)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh yea i agree that ammy counters sent but we were talkin about this on the way to camrons and I also agree with dylan that all it takes is ONE read from sent and a c.M ****s up ammys whole lifebar. it's really just not equal risk/reward. maybe in a few months it wont be so bad but its like snake at the start of brawl, dudes just too easy

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I have mixed feelings for the game because I know that by the time I get good at it there's gonna be a patch and another patch and another patch. To me it seems like a buffed up version of Brawl +/- ever-changing, unless there is only one patch, which is highly unlikely. Once I heard that a patch was coming out I just shut off my PS3 and started practicing Melee and haven't touched MvC3 since then.

Those are my general feelings towards the game. Its fun to see a dead character that I like in a recent game. (Zeeeero)
If they do patch the game, I don't think it will be game breaking. Your character's BnB combos will probably still work. I hope they address the hitboxes in this game like *cough Chun Li's Hyakuretsukyaku cough* and Sentinel's *LOL I have super armor on my Cr. M and my Launcher LOLOL* that's silly...

I was good in MvC2. Played against IFC Yipes, Fanatiq etc. I had a mean MSS:).

Not sure how good I am at Marvel 3 though lol...it is a new game after all.

I've been thinking about moving to the east coast but meh...I dunno.

EDIT: Roxy about 4 hours a day I suppose if I don't have any other plans.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Look @ brawl... its not even HALF as popular as MVC3 is and it still has lots of interest... trust me MVC3 aint goin NOWHERE

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, give the game a chance before you bash it.

I spend most of my time in training mode, but I get together with some SRKers about twice a week and we play from like 6pm to 4am sometimes.

As much as I respect Sanford, he needs to quit whining. The only problem with this game is X-Factor and hitboxes.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Look @ brawl... its not even HALF as popular as MVC3 is and it still has lots of interest... trust me MVC3 aint goin NOWHERE
Dude, get that negativity out of here.. :/
Agreed, give the game a chance before you bash it.

I spend most of my time in training mode, but I get together with some SRKers about twice a week and we play from like 6pm to 4am sometimes.

As much as I respect Sanford, he needs to quit whining. The only problem with this game is X-Factor and hitboxes.

i dont know why i laughed so hard at this.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Lmao at patches being a reason to not play forever. People still play SSFIV. People still play Blazblue.

MvC3 patches ain't gonna change balancing, it's gonna change bullcrap like Zero's Sougenmu snapback glitch.

And why would people even consider Sanford's smack talk seriously? It's not even close to debate-worthy. You're supposed to listen to it for the lolz, not the amazingly deep inner-discovery you've been looking for.

Purple

Hi guys!
People are taking what he said as serious, hence why I took it seriously as well. I have yet to hear a person who dislikes MvC3 say that what he said was just a satire.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
btw, I'm not defending MvC3 because I haven't played it yet, but I can't stand, "Patches," being the reason to not play because what you really mean is, "I wasn't that interested in the first place."

Be tru to yourseeeeelf

edit: Doesn't matter if what he says isn't satirical or joking, it's still a joke. DoA4 isn't a funny game, but that's a joke. Don't use something like that as the absolute deal-breaker.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i mean, a game is only terrible when it's meant to be something skill oriented but is so broken that it comes down to some other factor...

sanford isn't saying that mvc3 is one of those games where the best player isn't the one that's going to win

he's saying that it's really ****ing easy.... it's "neutered"... "nooby"... "made for scrubs". he says this is the trend for new school games, and i can't disagree... the past 3 years have yielded some releases that are meant for mass audiences, not for hardcore gamers.

he also said that he's gonna step his **** up and **** remix, and i have no doubt he will cuz that guy is ****ing smart.... and i agree with his point that remix is only as **** as he is now because the game is very accessible. not saying he isn't talented, but i'm sure if sanford had been playing the same amount he would get ****ed up.

yeah, kells was whining like a ***** though, that's undeniable.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i mean, a game is only terrible when it's meant to be something skill oriented but is so broken that it comes down to some other factor...

sanford isn't saying that mvc3 is one of those games where the best player isn't the one that's going to win

he's saying that it's really ****ing easy.... it's "neutered"... "nooby"... "made for scrubs". he says this is the trend for new school games, and i can't disagree... the past 3 years have yielded some releases that are meant for mass audiences, not for hardcore gamers.

he also said that he's gonna step his **** up and **** remix, and i have no doubt he will cuz that guy is ****ing smart.... and i agree with his point that remix is only as **** as he is now because the game is very accessible. not saying he isn't talented, but i'm sure if sanford had been playing the same amount he would get ****ed up.

yeah, kells was whining like a ***** though, that's undeniable.

nobody is arguing that this game is easier than mvc2....

they are arguing the fact that it is a good game

where snap and sanford said it was not.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
No snap and sanford said it was an easy game

lol

Sanford said the game was Yuck, Dildoes and bologna ***

I just said it was too easy and had some serious problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom