• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cargo Combo help?

ATATA

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeeperBopper
Switch FC
5724-5551-5318
uyutyuytuytuytu

Last edited:

Donging

Smash Rookie
hmmmm...well, nair to fair typically involves double jumping after nairing so that you get slightly above the opponent to ensure the meteor hitbox of fair connects. Because of this, what you're describing would most likely require cargo uthrowing without jumping -> jump -> Nair -> double jump -> Fair. its a bit of a risky string because Fair has suuuuuuuch long startup that most characters can beat it with their own fair/nairs. With the best possible spacing you could probably avoid the incoming fair, and hit with your own. I'll lab it out when i get home from work and post back here later :idea:

phili

Smash Apprentice
NNID
phili11
I also posted this in the Q&A thread, but no replies; what are the best follow ups from cargo throw when you get a grab at 0%, assuming you don't want to stale up air? I have a basic flow chart for mid percent, and high percent is obviously up air, but at very low percents i'm dropped a lot of potential damage I think. Any help is greatly appreciated

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
At 0% cargo up throw upsmash, it technically isn't a true combo but the attack comes out on frame 1 or 2 after they are able to do something, but that's still faster than air dodge or jump.

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Until about 25-30 percent on most characters I always go with jump->cargo up throw->jump->nair->bair. Then when they land go for the re grab. Works very well at just the right percents.

Felth

Smash Apprentice
The Cargo up Throw -> Jump -> Fair is a combo? I tried on the training mode but is does not count as a combo. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong -.-

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The Cargo up Throw -> Jump -> Fair is a combo? I tried on the training mode but is does not count as a combo. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong -.-
It works normally around 50%-60% or so. At lower percents they won't get thrown high enough for fair to connect. It may work at higher percents too, but the main point of the fair combo is if uair won't kill yet and you don't want to stale it.

Last edited:

Felth

Smash Apprentice
Dre89 Dre89 I saw some videos of M2K doing the combo at lower percents but I'm not sure if they were combos or not

ATATA

Smash Rookie
NNID
BeeperBopper
Switch FC
5724-5551-5318
I think my problem with ding dong is rage and I don't know what to do if I have too much.
If you have too much rage it will only work at a lower percent and that is all there is to it. You cant connect it after a high enough percent with rage.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Anyone know if a chart for all char with their Cargo KO% exist? I poked around the other threads but wasn't able to find it.

I know DKwill labs these percentages a lot, although i dont know if hes made it public knowledge somewhere.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
yeah I just started playing again recently after nearly 4 months of having simply dropped sm4sh altogether, and one thing I never quite had down was looking for the different, correct use of cargo up throw to different moves given the character you're facing and their %'s. Apparently M2k got that part own pretty quickly and he uses it very well, and Dkwill is also very good at using the move the right way. almost all of my kills are not cargo up throw up airs, and that's a problem because I could make my wins so much easier if I just killed them when they were at the right %s. Think I just need to see how both m2k and dkwill make their approaches so I know how to get in without showing them that I'm going for the grab at all costs.

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO

Birdman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naysayerr
If you have too much rage it will only work at a lower percent and that is all there is to it. You cant connect it after a high enough percent with rage.
Since Big O's post only shows the ding dong kill percents without rage I think it would be good to know at which percentage DK can kill with maximum rage so that it's easier to guess kill percents during a match.

If I am not mistaken rage starts at 35% and maxes out at 150%, right? That means DK is at half rage at 93% (or roughly 100%) which would be another interesting value for kill percents (as a help for the guessing game). However this is a ton of work, especially because it would have to be tested in versus mode. I just haven't thought of a very good way to lab this other than 2 player versus with handicap and items to vary percents.
Has anyone ever done something like that? Do you think this would be helpful?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Since Big O's post only shows the ding dong kill percents without rage I think it would be good to know at which percentage DK can kill with maximum rage so that it's easier to guess kill percents during a match.

If I am not mistaken rage starts at 35% and maxes out at 150%, right? That means DK is at half rage at 93% (or roughly 100%) which would be another interesting value for kill percents (as a help for the guessing game). However this is a ton of work, especially because it would have to be tested in versus mode. I just haven't thought of a very good way to lab this other than 2 player versus with handicap and items to vary percents.
Has anyone ever done something like that? Do you think this would be helpful?
All I know is that I once killed a Falcon at like 56% when I had max rage. Falcon normally starts dying to ding dong in the 80s, if that's any indication of the rage scaling.

Birdman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naysayerr
All I know is that I once killed a Falcon at like 56% when I had max rage. Falcon normally starts dying to ding dong in the 80s, if that's any indication of the rage scaling.
That's just what I meant! After some quick testing I managed to kill Cpt. Falcon reliably at 58% with max rage on DK. For some reason I could not connect the Uair when CF had 56-57%. Maximum kill% was 79 (reliably) to 84 (rather by chance, since it depends on which limb is tumbling towards DK's head). As expected the damage window for ding dong kills shrinks the more enraged DK is.

DKGrayson

Smash Cadet
NNID
tauelf
I just can't land a ding dong once they are at kill percents I seemingly throw them to high to follow with a jump :S

Birdman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Naysayerr
I just can't land a ding dong once they are at kill percents I seemingly throw them to high to follow with a jump :S
As DKwill always puts it: you need to execute the ACUT in one smooth motion.
For that I would suggest you, once you got the opponent on your back, to press your jump button (X or Y) and A for the toss directly after each other by quickly lowering your thumb on first X/Y and then A (so in the end your holding both buttons with your thumb). Afterwards I personally mash jump to quickly follow the opponent and Uair ASAP. At the lower percents of the kill% window that's the way you can get the kill. However, at the higher percents of the window you need to delay the jump and Uair just a little bit as well as follow the opponent's DI by doing the Uair with the C-Stick. For if you do the jump and Uair ASAP when they're at higher % in the window you're gonna miss and it will look the way you described it. And always consider DK's rage of course, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
Top Bottom