• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
how do u take a stock off m2k while not being in the pro status???

lol anyway now for the actual question

wat are some good KO combos vs peach i always end up having peaches live til like 120+ and by then there are practically no combos to do

Do you use the D-tilt for ure approaches or the f-air? (or watever else there is) i think the d-tilt is better but i over use it as an approach wat other GOOD approaches are there

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
fthrow near the ledge. They'll DI towards you most likely, to avoid going further out.

In which case you should WD forward and fsmash. You can also fthrow Wavesmash peach at mid-high percentages too. depends on her Di though. so watch carefully.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
fthrow near the ledge. They'll DI towards you most likely, to avoid going further out.

In which case you should WD forward and fsmash. You can also fthrow Wavesmash peach at mid-high percentages too. depends on her Di though. so watch carefully.
well actually i see peaches DI away so they DONT get f-smashed i do that with my peach to avoid it then float over then attack, air dodge or watever.....

is there anythin else though?

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Sometimes the dthrow to fsmash works well (against fast fallers) and sometimes it dosent. Is there a percent reason for this? I know proper DI can stop the combo but most of the time I'll mix it up and it works.

Also, are there any reasons you use the jab? When and who is the best to use them on?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Should I double fair when I approch or just Shffl fair? Sometimes I also like to fair-uair...

And I'm just talking about approaching with fair, I know there are other ways to approach lol.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Should I double fair when I approch or just Shffl fair? Sometimes I also like to fair-uair...

And I'm just talking about approaching with fair, I know there are other ways to approach lol.
IMO shuffl f-air cuz its easier to control but im jus throwing my opinion out there

3GOD

Smash Ace

No - you should not approach at all. At least, that's how a lot of good Marth players play (not me - I'm not good).

Pritch

Smash Lord

Just for the record, any peach player who DI's marth's fthrow towards him in that situation deserves to lose that stock.:ohwell:

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Cactuar what is the next tournament you are attending. I gotta see your Marth again lol. Also MM? My Fox Vs your Fox best of 5 and My Marth Vs you Fox best of 5. Both for $1.
I don't know what tourny I'm going to next.

Yeah, sure @ the MMs.

im embarrassed to play peach now

anyway cactuar, at C3 i played you in pools and did decently the first match...then you tried and ***** me. if you remember, what bad habits did you pick up on? are there any safe approaches against marth?
I don't remember your playing specifically, sorry.

Pretty much every action in the game has a counter action. There are very few things that are completely "safe".

Slikvik even though you beat me you were predictable. Granted I couldn't take advantage of it you still got to switch up your style every now and then.

Also Cactuar Sheik's what to do about them??
Kill them.

lol scars pretty much got it right there. what i meant though was what should i do as samus to help beat marths. or if you would rather me phrase it into a more marth question: what kind of samus things is marth weak to?
I don't play samus. Average Marth players are weak to CCing.

how do u take a stock off m2k while not being in the pro status???

lol anyway now for the actual question

wat are some good KO combos vs peach i always end up having peaches live til like 120+ and by then there are practically no combos to do

Do you use the D-tilt for ure approaches or the f-air? (or watever else there is) i think the d-tilt is better but i over use it as an approach wat other GOOD approaches are there
Taking stock from Mew2King only results in him coming back with lower percents to CC grab you with. And Mew2Grabs = death combos.

I usually have problems KOing Peach, so I end up killing them with utilt the majority of the time. Or random fair into tipper fsmash.

I'm one of the more aggressive Marth players out there, so I usually approach with sh single fairs or sh nairs into "stuff". You have to figure out your own "stuff" though.

well actually i see peaches DI away so they DONT get f-smashed i do that with my peach to avoid it then float over then attack, air dodge or watever.....
is there anythin else though?
At mid range, throw -> wavesmash works most of the time even vs good peach players. I think there is a pretty wide frame gap to hit the fsmash with.

Sometimes the dthrow to fsmash works well (against fast fallers) and sometimes it dosent. Is there a percent reason for this? I know proper DI can stop the combo but most of the time I'll mix it up and it works.

Also, are there any reasons you use the jab? When and who is the best to use them on?
If dthrow to fsmash works often against your opponent, they don't know how to DI properly. It's not super difficult to react to throws.

Jabs are good for edgeguarding vs Spacie Illusions and for resetting opponents who are grounded. Other uses are spur of the moment really.

No - you should not approach at all. At least, that's how a lot of good Marth players play (not me - I'm not good).
Don't listen to 3GOD. Vs smart opponents, it is almost required that you at least feign an approach game or you will just get camped as you have no projectile to prevent it from happening.

I use single fairs when I approach. Fair to uair is good for combos assuming you hit the fair.

Cactuar do you love me???

:colorful:
With all my green skin and needles.

Cactuar, does QDVS still jump with the control stick?
Yes. And he's amazing for it. (But please, correct me if I'm mistaken :laugh:)

3GOD

Smash Ace
Don't listen to 3GOD. Vs smart opponents, it is almost required that you at least feign an approach game or you will just get camped as you have no projectile to prevent it from happening.

I use single fairs when I approach. Fair to uair is good for combos assuming you hit the fair.
This is why you have this topic and not me. As I said, I'm not good :). Do you think that empty short hops can be used to approach? If the opponent thinks you will control the space in front of you by doing a fair, you might be able to get a quick grab out of the empty SH. Obviously, one wouldn't want to repeat this over and over to avoid predictability.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eh, here's a pretty general question.

Marth's "chain grab" at 0%.

1) is there anyway to DI away from the 2nd/3rd grab(s)
and
2) is there anyway to avoid tipper, or are you forced to block/roll/dodge? (as in, can you DI completely out of the range?)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Cactuar said:
At mid range, throw -> wavesmash works most of the time even vs good peach players. I think there is a pretty wide frame gap to hit the fsmash with.
I was actually right. Lol...I'd been doing this for ages...I didn't think it would work on pro opponents with good Di. Hurrah for me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So, is there a guide, or something like that, that I can look at to find out what I am supposed to do at what %'s when I grab every characters?

Or at least,

Fox
Falco
Shiek
Marth
Peach
Samus
Falcon
IC
Doc/Mario
Link
Ganondorf.

>_>...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah, there is.

It's called experience.

That's your guide.

Oh and uhhh experimenting.

I heard both those guides are good ****.

;)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, there is.

It's called experience.

That's your guide.

Oh and uhhh experimenting.

I heard both those guides are good ****.

;)
I don't have experience with Marth >_>....I just want someone to tell me the %'s. Marth is easy technically, I just don't know all the grab stuff.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Eh, here's a pretty general question.

Marth's "chain grab" at 0%.

1) is there anyway to DI away from the 2nd/3rd grab(s)
and
2) is there anyway to avoid tipper, or are you forced to block/roll/dodge? (as in, can you DI completely out of the range?)
Edit: OOPS! Sorry Cactuar! I thought I was in the marth question and answer thread! hahahaha

Copy and paste goodness!

Grabbing (chaingrabbing) and throwing marth:

Marth has a true fthrow to fthrow chaingrab from 0-6% no matter how the opponent Dis. If the opponent Dis down or away, then at 6% the chaingrab no longer works. If the opponent Dis down, then fthrow to fsmash never works; if they DI away, then it works before ~20% and can lead to a tipper. I like to do the following grab sequence if I grab the other marth when he is at 0%:

grab(no hit after the grab)->fthrow to grab(again no hit)->fthrow to grab(with a hit)->uthrow to utilt or fair.

When the other marth is at mid-high percentages, then I like to grab to fthrow or dthrow either to throw the person off the stage or to tech chase to grab/fsmash. Never use bthrow except to put the opponent on a platform then utilt/fsmash/fair/uair/etc.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Both.

&you need to perfect >B combos. Its the only way you'll win.

In reality: spacing, combo-ing, tech-chasing, tipper range knowledge/application. I'm sure there are a multiplicity of other things I have neglected to mention. You'll be enlightened by the great Cactus soon enough.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
I can get spacing easily. I'm a Link main so..there. But the fact I can get too techy with characters such as Samus I keep forgetting that Marth doesn't need to be so techy that I keep forgetting. >>; Heck WDing with Marth is I can get in range for a F-smash or, Fair, Nair stuff.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I can get spacing easily. I'm a Link main so..there. But the fact I can get too techy with characters such as Samus I keep forgetting that Marth doesn't need to be so techy that I keep forgetting. >>; Heck WDing with Marth is I can get in range for a F-smash or, Fair, Nair stuff.
I know that Cactuar is going to ask where the question is located in your post.

Also, how come this thread gets so much activity? Do people's eyes automatically skip over anything with the word "STICKY" at the top of the page? *sigh*

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Don't be stupid like me.

Cactuar, do you ever get any johns for winning? Or epic johns for epic winning? And do you ever release some johns when you lose? Do you ever lose?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Charles I have a serious question for you.

How is it that I, who knows so much about Marth and this game is so limited in skill? I feel like when people play me they are dissappointed because I'm not a total beast or w/e in this game. I also feel like I may have let them down. And lately I seem to be playing worse and worse. How can this be? How can a well respected player who has knowledge and trains hard and knows how to train not be good at this game?

WTF is my problem in your opinion?

How in the world can someone like me who already knows alot of tricks and strats improve?

I would hate to think that I have hit my limit.

Top Bottom