• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Getting the damage on Puff is still really good. If you feel confident in your edgeguard it's fine to put her offstage though, a judgment call. And by pivot I mostly meant Fthrow pivot yeah. You can still hit her if she DIs away but you may have to WD.

You want to poke sometimes or she won't fear you. FH/SH into DJ Fair/Bair can help, and then faking with SH FF is a start.

Fair/Bair/Dtilt/occasionally Ftilt or jab I guess.

tytyty

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
One of my weakest positions feels like when I get the opponent in shield and I've landed a safe Fair/Dtilt on it, especially when they're not a character/at a percent where I can get much off a grab. What are you looking to influence them to do OoS in a situation like this, and what kind of hit do you ultimately want to land? What do you do different when you've spaced the Fair/Dtilt as opposed to only hitting it low and need to dash back/spotdodge to make it safe?

What might you start thinking when you bait an opponent and they don't take it?

I’m also struggling with effective whiff punishes, especially at lower percents when people just hold down and counterhit me, or spotdodge/shield/roll away if I try to space. Whiff punishing with Marth is weird because he’s too slow to set up something that beats CC AND make it a true punish most of the time. Should you just go for grab at low percents, even when the reward isn’t high?

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
One of my weakest positions feels like when I get the opponent in shield and I've landed a safe Fair/Dtilt on it, especially when they're not a character/at a percent where I can get much off a grab. What are you looking to influence them to do OoS in a situation like this, and what kind of hit do you ultimately want to land? What do you do different when you've spaced the Fair/Dtilt as opposed to only hitting it low and need to dash back/spotdodge to make it safe?

What might you start thinking when you bait an opponent and they don't take it?

I’m also struggling with effective whiff punishes, especially at lower percents when people just hold down and counterhit me, or spotdodge/shield/roll away if I try to space. Whiff punishing with Marth is weird because he’s too slow to set up something that beats CC AND make it a true punish most of the time. Should you just go for grab at low percents, even when the reward isn’t high?
Let me turn this first question around: what do you do when you hit their shield? What do they do that gives you trouble?

They either didn't pay attention to it or they didn't want to take it, which can open up approaches. They may also just have preferred to wait.

How would you recommend edgeguarding a marth that's good with the vertical/horizontal sweetspot and drift up-b?
https://youtu.be/PgbXqD_JAnw?t=32
https://youtu.be/PgbXqD_JAnw?t=521

How would you also deal with low recovery stalls as well?
https://youtu.be/PgbXqD_JAnw?t=187
https://youtu.be/PgbXqD_JAnw?t=370
https://youtu.be/PgbXqD_JAnw?t=591
For the first, it seems walk forward Dtilt would solve this, or walk forward Fsmash when you confirm he's farther away, or you could SH around when he has to up-B and just Fair, which has the added bonus of allowing you to shield a wall jump Fair, but it doesn't outright kill sometimes.

Technically you could haxdash in that first position and probably the others but I didn't look at them all. You can sometimes DJ if they go super low and regrab as they're coming up since they're so low. Sometimes it can just be easier to go out and get them to avoid this when possible.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
If I space on their shield, I'm probably either going to Dtilt or aerial again, but I realize now I don't know why I'm doing these. If I hit low on their shield I'm probably either going to dash back or crossup grab - again, I haven't really planned it out like I should. What gives me trouble is when they move away and if I jump behind me as well, but probably moving away the most, since I either don't get much off having made them shield, or I lunge forward too obviously and lose the next mixup. (This was a really simple change in perspective, but suddenly why I have trouble with the position makes so much more sense.)

maxono1

Smash Cadet
Dr Peepee Dr Peepee how do i deal with sheik run off fair/ wd or waveland off bair from the platform?
if im close enough i can interrupt it but when i cant im having trouble to not let them get away with it,get hit or let them start shield pressure. especially because when i try to postion myself to grab his fair landing lag or hit him with my own fair he can bair and its so long.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You have to be right outside of the range to punish. Luckily if Sheik uses Bair it takes longer to get to you so you have more time to react. If you're outside of range you can grab Fair iirc, or at least Fair/Dtilt the landing lag. Sometimes you have to just play the next position. It helps to test it out.

maxono1

Smash Cadet
thanks. i dont completely get how it takes longer for her to reach me with bair though.
do you mean that she has to wd off instead of simply running off the platform? or do you mean when i stand/move outside the range of fair it takes a bit to drift into me with the bair?
also do you mean any kind of specific timing when you say fair the landing lag? i could imagine rising fair being easier because you can use ground movement and with late fair you would have to barely evade them with drift and drift in to punish but its safer on cc/asdi then.

aqualad33

Smash Rookie
Let me turn this first question around: what do you do when you hit their shield? What do they do that gives you trouble?

They either didn't pay attention to it or they didn't want to take it, which can open up approaches. They may also just have preferred to wait.

For the first, it seems walk forward Dtilt would solve this, or walk forward Fsmash when you confirm he's farther away, or you could SH around when he has to up-B and just Fair, which has the added bonus of allowing you to shield a wall jump Fair, but it doesn't outright kill sometimes.

I wanted to add a little tidbit of info some people may know and some may not about fsmash and dtilt edge guarding. Look at the gifs for those two moves carefully. First fsmashs hitboxes are 3 overlapping circles. Memorise where the lowest point of the tipper hit box is and position yourself so that this point is right where your opponent will recover to make sweet spotting as difficult as possible.

Dtilt is even more interesting because it's hitboxes form a cone. This means that the tipper hit box is lower than the mid and close hit box. This means that if you aren't spacing dtilt to hit with the tipper, your opponent will have an easier time recovering.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
Are most of your DD sequences created and practiced in advance (and if they are, do you have different sequences for each matchup)? Or do you improvise based on your practice of basic actions and short sequences (like dash > WD back)?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
thanks. i dont completely get how it takes longer for her to reach me with bair though.
do you mean that she has to wd off instead of simply running off the platform? or do you mean when i stand/move outside the range of fair it takes a bit to drift into me with the bair?
also do you mean any kind of specific timing when you say fair the landing lag? i could imagine rising fair being easier because you can use ground movement and with late fair you would have to barely evade them with drift and drift in to punish but its safer on cc/asdi then.
Bair hits higher, so she has to drop lower before using it. And you need to be relatively spaced well, but if Sheik pulls back you'll need to be spaced quite well and timed well.

I wanted to add a little tidbit of info some people may know and some may not about fsmash and dtilt edge guarding. Look at the gifs for those two moves carefully. First fsmashs hitboxes are 3 overlapping circles. Memorise where the lowest point of the tipper hit box is and position yourself so that this point is right where your opponent will recover to make sweet spotting as difficult as possible.

Dtilt is even more interesting because it's hitboxes form a cone. This means that the tipper hit box is lower than the mid and close hit box. This means that if you aren't spacing dtilt to hit with the tipper, your opponent will have an easier time recovering.
Those are good reminders, thanks for sharing.

Are most of your DD sequences created and practiced in advance (and if they are, do you have different sequences for each matchup)? Or do you improvise based on your practice of basic actions and short sequences (like dash > WD back)?
I used to practice them specifically, and I need to do that again. Some of it will be creation in the moment as the situation demands, which good practice helps you generate.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
How detailed were your sequences (did you design them for baiting and then dodging specific options, for instance)? Did you have an upper limit on how many actions you would string together to form a single sequence?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I limited to 2-3 action sequences. I designed for matchups or for general things such as baiting or watching or offense. Then I adjusted with match experience.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
Trying to explore more of "pseuodo comboing" off landing a dtilt.

What is the purpose of dash back out of dtilt as opposed to jumping in place or moving in?

What's the impact between landing a tippered dtilt or a non-tippered dtilt?

Is double dtilt only good for those that try to CC the dtilt? If not, how can I take advantage of my opponent's intention to CC dtilt?

Also, how much longer do I need to wait this get-up when Sheiks recover this way?
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableRudeSlothTriHard

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dash back is safety and also covers them attacking. Jumping in place covers them coming in to a lesser extent and holds ground, while moving in you do when you want to pressure/take stage/pseudo combo more.

Tipper tends to freak people out more, and it pushes them farther away and damages more of course. People respect the tipper more.

Some people try to WD in OOS between Dtilts so it's good there too. It's also good if they dodge the first then try to run in afterward. You can punish CC with double but also with grab or aerial or your own CC or even Fsmash.

Another secondish.

Orange5000

Smash Rookie
Is there a guide on DI’ing falcon throws? Sometimes I DI uthrow slight behind I can dj out, but sometimes they still get the knee, and I’m not sure if this is the falcon’s error or if it’s % dependent. I have also DI’d uthrow away and dj’d out, but I’m also not sure if this is real. For dthrow, to my knowledge, you always want to DI down away. Sometimes you can dj out, but other times they get the knee, and, similarly, I’m not sure if this is % dependent or falcon’s error either.

I suppose in some cases it could be my fault for getting knee’d on an otherwise good DI, since maybe on my dj mash I didn’t get the jump at an early enough frame. But I’m assuming for now that it’s more likely there’s other stuff going on.

Last edited:

maxono1

Smash Cadet
i have been reading more of the knowledge compilation esp against falcon because i want to make dabuz style gameplans for every matchup which feels really tedious but i think its gonna help me a lot.
Dr Peepee Dr Peepee in the falcon mu or in general swinging at TR/when im farther away what moves/sequences would you recommend there? specifically how would i fit in late fair? i like nair to just establish my space because he cant DJ over it in time and hit me because hes so far away and dash in a bit inside TR and retreat with double fair (or only do the first one depending on his response) to give my dash in depth like you say often. i just feel like late fair against falcon doesnt have that many uses(my brain just doesnt give me any pictures when i try to imagine successful late fair situations) except maybe if im guaranteed to hit his shield or he is crouching for some reason.
Orange5000 Orange5000 https://discord.gg/AZtHzRj this is the falcon research discord, they have a channel which lists all kinds of combos and stuff. its called wekneedata. type in !vsmarth-throw or !vsmarth-throw2 to see all the followups

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Nair, empty SH, dash in WD back, any dash stuff, late Fair into wait/move/dash either way. Late Fair I don't think is too great vs Falcon unless you know he will shield or hold down, or come in late in your jump.

DickNixon

Smash Rookie
Hi PP,

When I'm expecting my opponent to throw out a fast attack (Sheik ftilt, Spacies utilt, Marth dtilt/jab) after lasering them, or in neutral when trying to dash dance grab as Marth, I often am too slow to punish. I usually end up high aerialing a shield or get hit by the double down when running in for the grab. Since I am expecting the attack, and can space around it from a pretty close distance, I feel like I should be able to punish directly rather than play around their whiff options.

When I watch players like Mango, they often can dash dance aerial or laser approach whiff punish as Falco. Are my reactions just too slow/untrained? Do you think that it would be better for me to not try to react and just delay my approach slightly to not get hit by the move? Or could I try reacting to any movement and then moving in without trying to confirm that it was indeed the move I was expecting? It feels too risky and unrewarding for me when I just try to Fsmash from out of range with either character.

This is an issue I run into playing as both Marth and Falco.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I would practice punishing their option using 20XX. I would also work on how you set up to punish it. It may be you dash too far away so you're too far away to hit them, and so hit their shield. You could even set yourself up with a SH to just input aerial if they come into you sometimes. But the issue may be you're unsure, and so you need to practice setting yourself up well for what they will probably do, such as WD back for a deep Fox Nair and such.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
How can I effectively slow down Fox?

In my off-days where I'm not playing at my peak, I still do fine in slower mu's because I still have time to think and their possible angles of attacking me is only so much. Even against Falco, he's slow on the ground so I can play mixup and note their tempo easily even in off-days.

However against Fox that has a good grasp of my tempo, it's hard for me to take account to how many angles he could attack me from running shine/dtilt/DA/usmash, sh aerial approaching/in place, FH angle, platform maneuver, fast dash dance, and lasering a bit. I get overwhelmed especially when I'm playing off and often come off predictable with my defense and approach.

Any advice on how to mitigate this issue I have?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Letting them laser helps this out because it gives you time. Letting them sit on platforms is okay too. Getting control and time to think is the most important thing in those situations. WD back is safe and assures a good counterattack if they rush in then pretty much, as does SH back oftentimes. If they do pullback aerials and you're not primed, don't go for it unless you're playing the next mixup, etc.

maclo4

Smash Apprentice
Against peach, how can you punish them faking pulling a turnip? All better peaches know that I want to punish them pulling turnips, so they do things like back off -> crouch -> FC bair. This tricks me into trying to punish turnip then stuffs me moving in. Recently I’ve dealt with this by letting the peach corner herself but not directly punishing the bair/whatever move they use to punish me.

On a similar note, I struggle with foxes who react to me moving in with defensive aerials too. For example if I dash in and the fox does a nair or drill in place and stuffs it. I’ve got some success recently with just stuttering my approach to come in after their aerial but Im not able to punish the aerials super consistently cause it’s a little bit of a read

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah just take stage. If you can react super well you could hit both, but it may require some training or big focus. It's pretty bad for Peach if you're close and she puts her shield up anyway.

Approaching with a spaced Fair/Nair would help here.

AirFair

Marth tho
I have questions about peach:

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=112
-first occurrence of this situation, I get hit by turnip for going to platform. I shielded at first cause I came up with a fair (shouldn't have) and then wanted to cover myself. I thought going to a platform would help get away from turnips, but maybe because we were closer together it wasn't as helpful. Let's say I didn't come up with the fair, should I have ran up naired at peach? I think that would help cause I don't think a wd dtilt would reach in time before she jumps for the throw.
https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=211
-second time, this time I ran and naired at him, but I think I went in to deep, so the aerial throw oos hit me and he got a bair off it. Had I spaced the nair, what can I do to beat the aerial throw oos?

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=126
-I think I got her to corner herself effectively, but I'm wondering if I could have punished her higher float.
-I also wasn't expecting the wd back oos into dash attack, and that caught me for trying to stay near him after spacing the fair on his shield. The fact that he ps'd the fair could have something to do with it, but maybe I needed to stall out of my dash back or something since peach seems like she's pretty much forced to make that kind of guess to get marth off her.

will post more later but it's so late at night and I have 1 more final tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The platform being low made that idea less effective as well. Run up Nair may have worked there.

You can jab, Ftilt, Fair sometimes. Or dash back if he's gonna throw down, or walk/SH back a bit I suppose.

Dash FH Fair would have probably worked at that position, which is why you saw such a hard float back. Not necessary to always make such a big commitment, I'd practice it. And yeah, WD back oos into DA is something of a trick Peaches use. Stalling out the dash back, or merely delaying it or jumping back slightly would have handled that fine. No need to instant dash back after the Fair in most cases.

AirFair

Marth tho
So for aerial throw, I want to wait for peach to jump oos and then hit her? at the moment I'd be worried about not reacting in time and getting hit by turnip throw, but I guess I'd just have to practice it.

On the other hand, there is grounded turnip throw oos, as well as roll, and I feel like it's not easy to effectively cover both for some reason. Is it possible to cover both effectively, or do I have to predict what peach will do when I get on her shield when she has a turnip?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah sometimes you can stand a bit farther away so you have more time to react. You can also retreating Fair/Nair/Bair to help if needed, or even counter/jab/Ftilt.

I would say mainly stay close enough to cover turnip throw, and then if she rolls it's not too hard to reposition yourself. If you hit her shield then jump it discourages throw and encourages roll for example.

MambaGreenFalco

Smash Apprentice
Was just practicing against marth's full hop fair and made an interesting observation - When I do dash back laser on the landing of marth's fh and he lands with another fair, it seems super strong for falco because marth either fades forward with the second fair and gets laser at a closer distance which gives falco a slightly better position/tempo head start or marth fades back and the position resets but he gets hit by the laser.

I'm posting here because I'm wondering what you marth guys think about this and how marth deals with this position/it's implications for the rest of the matchup.

Last edited:

maclo4

Smash Apprentice
Was just practicing against marth's full hop fair and made an interesting observation - When I do dash back laser on the landing of marth's fh and he lands with another fair, it seems super strong for falco because marth either fades forward with the second fair and gets laser at a closer distance which gives falco a slightly better position/tempo head start or marth fades back and the position resets but he gets hit by the laser.

I'm posting here because I'm wondering what you marth guys think about this and how marth deals with this position/it's implications for the rest of the matchup.
I think I’m general getting lasered in the air isn’t great cause you have pretty limited options. If you watch ginger vs Zain I think they play out the situation where marth is lasered in the air a lot.

Also I think marth full hopping in the first place isn’t that great for him. If you get below marth it’s rough for him

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
What positions or situations are you typically looking at when trying to discern an opponent’s tempo? Do you “measure” it in something like individual dash reps or DD reps?

Do you believe that tapping into and mixing up tempo is any more important in fast-paced matchups like Fox/Falcon than slower ones like Peach/Puff? Or do you consider it equally important in all matchups?

If you run or jump in at Fox and he FHs over you and lands behind you, what do you think Marth should do next?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You can always discern tempo, but in "pure neutral" (which is relatively rare) it's the easiest to see it. Any time you know they must decisions quickly it's also pretty handy. I measure more in beats or general rhythm groups than I do in terms of dashes to myself, as it can include waits(and their perception during those). I am not sure if this is useful.

In some matchups, you are forced to dash more. This can lead to a much greater variety of rhythms throughout a match. You could say this makes tempo matter more, but against floaties your tempo can still influence them. Is there not still much variety within a small band of tempos? Against Peach at least I'd say tempo matters less since you can just invalidate her more, so no need to outplay so often, but Puff can be different, at least sometimes.

Depends on exactly the spacing and timing and recognition, but I'd say generally I'd either dash/WD away to get turned around(or Bair away depending) OR dash in retreating Fair and those sorts of mixups, or just dash immediate WD down to reset and observe even if we are a bit close. There is plenty to do there and a lot depends on the players involved and recent positions played, etc.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, at the moment those are the places in which I’m looking for it most (it’s incredibly useful when your opponent has to make quick decisions, I’ve been finding). When you say you measure in beats, does that mean you have some rough BPM in mind? For rhythm groups, it is constructed like in eighth note or quarter note sets, etc.? Would a “rest” be a wait? This may be far more analytic than the way you think of it, but I’d like to understand better.

The Peach thing makes sense, and I would assume applies to mid and low tiers as well, but since Marth is a zoner, he still needs to pay a good amount of attention to tempo, right? Because having a good feeling of when they’re going to play their option or approach or whatever it is still helps him zone them out because he doesn’t want to swing to early or too late. Or am I giving these characters too much credit here?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's not something I explicitly think about now, but it would involve some faster and slower general measurements and beats. I thought about in terms of quarter and eighth notes for a time, but it's more subconscious of knowledge now. Given that I struggle to see dashes individually in matches currently, it's a bit hard to picture them and describe my thinking on them well. I think that using those notes would be helpful, as would defining what they may mean to people individually and in combination. I tended to stick to more general slow vs fast motions but was experimenting with more specifics. I would say keep it simpler and build complexity as a rule of thumb here. A rest can certainly be a wait.

I would say you're still giving the characters a bit too much credit. Of course, they can only win by largely outplaying you(assuming you have knowledge of how to invalidate them) so this is still important, but I caution against going too far there.

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
I'm struggling a bit to understand the note groups abstractly, so I keep coming back to applying them to dashes as something concrete in-game. In other words, atm I see two flick dashes as a set of two eighth notes and one long dash as a quarter note, etc. Do you think there are shortcomings to this way of picturing it? And hm, could you give me a starting point for "defining what [these sets] may mean to people individually and in combination"? A question to consider? I will try to be careful about starting simple, I know you have reservations about teaching this stuff, but I really am super interested.

I don't think I understand very well how to invalidate worse characters, so clearly I need to build on that first. The reason Marth can invalidate them is largely because of the size of his hitboxes, which are basically unchallengeable (directly) to them, because they don't have comparable speed or range, meaning they have to outplay him. Is all this correct?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's a fine way to evaluate tempo. I do have to express my concern that this may not be as useful as simply playing positions better for long term growth. An example is a short dash and a long dash. A short one is quick, upbeat. A long one is slow, downbeat. Together, it is a change from quick to slow and can be jarring to follow, which is more than the sum of its parts.

Yes and also his disjoint is so large.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
When should Marth jump vs Sheik? As in, why would jumping be better than staying grounded in some situations in pure neutral stance?

When do you discern when to swing vs Falcon as opposed to being slippery with movement? Aside from bullying Falcon in the corner, I'm thinking Marth should constantly play evasive as a more sustainable way to play the mu, as opposed to fishing for swinging hoping the Falcon comes in.

How do you deal with hate solely because of a character that you main? Seems like at least in socal, I'm getting increasing animosity for just playing Marth that isn't really going away anytime soon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the hate is already worse than people playing puff/icies here. Nearly nothing I say goes through their head when it comes to explaining/exploiting Marth stuff, and I've actually made people (ranked players!!) quit going their main vs me. Kinda sad tbh, but any advice dealing with this increasing animosity?

Last edited:

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
It's a fine way to evaluate tempo. I do have to express my concern that this may not be as useful as simply playing positions better for long term growth. An example is a short dash and a long dash. A short one is quick, upbeat. A long one is slow, downbeat. Together, it is a change from quick to slow and can be jarring to follow, which is more than the sum of its parts.

Yes and also his disjoint is so large.
By "playing positions better" do you just mean trying to beat their options directly? But okay, thanks, I will take your concern to heart and not lose focus on the fundamentals while I explore this.

AirFair

Marth tho
ok a few more peach questions:

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=297
-a juggle scenario. I feel like instead of doing those FHs, I should have gone from the left to the top platform as she floated above me, and then I can threaten sh from there I think.

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=327
-what do I do when I see peach go over my head? do I just try and stay between her and center with dashes and then wait for the landing?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
When should Marth jump vs Sheik? As in, why would jumping be better than staying grounded in some situations in pure neutral stance?

When do you discern when to swing vs Falcon as opposed to being slippery with movement? Aside from bullying Falcon in the corner, I'm thinking Marth should constantly play evasive as a more sustainable way to play the mu, as opposed to fishing for swinging hoping the Falcon comes in.

How do you deal with hate solely because of a character that you main? Seems like at least in socal, I'm getting increasing animosity for just playing Marth that isn't really going away anytime soon. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the hate is already worse than people playing puff/icies here. Nearly nothing I say goes through their head when it comes to explaining/exploiting Marth stuff, and I've actually made people (ranked players!!) quit going their main vs me. Kinda sad tbh, but any advice dealing with this increasing animosity?
Jumping around the outside of her Ftilt range, especially if you think she may dash attack/boost grab. If you're a bit inside Ftilt then jumping can be good if you predict a jump or her shield or something.

He should swing either really close or really far away/if Falcon attacks first imo. Less is more is taken to an extreme in that matchup.

I dealt with the same stuff and it only got worse as I got better. A strange thing happens after a while: you get so much better than them/beat them so often that they stop feeling bad about losing to you even if they hate your character. Empathizing is still important, but sometimes you just have to remember that they're going to do it no matter what you do because it's not really about you or the character, it's about them.

By "playing positions better" do you just mean trying to beat their options directly? But okay, thanks, I will take your concern to heart and not lose focus on the fundamentals while I explore this.
Beat options directly, understand advantages and disadvantages of a given position and available options, how positions relate to one another, etc.

ok a few more peach questions:

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=297
-a juggle scenario. I feel like instead of doing those FHs, I should have gone from the left to the top platform as she floated above me, and then I can threaten sh from there I think.

https://youtu.be/geuBeV7V_9I?t=327
-what do I do when I see peach go over my head? do I just try and stay between her and center with dashes and then wait for the landing?
Yep and/or top platform/

Once you get on platforms it's a lot harder for her to go over you, but yeah just start holding center and mixing where you'll be so she can't get down easily. May also find changing which platform you're on to be useful as well.

Top Bottom