• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Espi

Smash Journeyman
When is it appropriate to go for a Jab for things other than jab reset and edge guarding? maybe D-tilt into jab, wavedash in jab? Thoughts?

Dart!

Smash Master
I need help in Samus matchup . We're both intermediate players.
Stop jumping. Grab and up throw then keep her in the air and take her jump. Try to keep her from doing any of her missile stuff because once she's able to set her feet she can actually out space marth

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I need help in Samus matchup . We're both intermediate players.
this mu is actually relatively easy and marth has a definitive small edge (a large edge if you push both chars to the limit)

what you want to do is learn how to space and be threatening with your dash dance, samus has a very hard time dealing with getting sharked by run->down tilt and WD->down tilt because jumping is a huge commitment since she falls so slow (uthrow, f throw into cheesy tipper attempt at like <10%). she can't really whiff punish dtilt very easily unless you just do it in a bad way. keep enough space to have Dtilt be an option to poke her with while being close enough to make not want to shoot missiles. really though d tilt gives samus problems lol same with dash dance grab but it's not as easy to rely on.

you do need to establish the threat of your grab though cause then she'll just shield your pokes

it's also easy to swat her with fair and uair every single time she's above you, as a tip for juggling don't let her DI or fall behind you, it's much easier to juggle with fair & uair and take bair out of the equation.

just don't get hit by missiles, missile + nair running at you, and don't give up easy stocks. you're much more fragile but you can keep and push your advantages better than samus can

+1 to what Dart said, just stop jumping is kind of a loaded idea (if she's bad and in the air for no reason go out there and eat her lol, but that shouldn't happen that often)

Last edited:

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Most non-amazing Samus players recover pretty predictably from what I recall. Try using the very top hitbox of back air, or grabbing the edge.
When i grab edge i get knocked off. I tried edge hoping to keep invincibility but even then Samus gets back. What i do is when she bomb jumping back to the stage i try to b-air from the ledge and if she tethers i use ledge invisibility and nair. If Samus up-Bs its like a free spike for me. I just can't read her recovery so i was hoping to learn better options.

Last edited:

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Try staying on ledge if she is below you and using Bair accordingly
If she is recovering high do the same but stay on stage and use bair or dair
Samus will usually use a nair when coming back to the stage so you can punish that.
Also if she uses upB to make it to the stage just punish with Fsmash and make sure you ledge hog if she is not going to make it on-stage. This should be relatively simple

Lu10itfury

Smash Rookie
Title explains the purpose of the thread. Or I hope so anyway.

Please try and make a significant number of the questions Marth related to prevent the thread from being closed due to spam.

Other questions are welcome and encouraged though. :laugh:

I will edit some of the better question and answers to this first post.

If I feel your question is not legit or worth answering, I will likely answer it with a heavily sarcastic comment. These will probably be the answers most worth reading.
I'm sorry I don't know how to reply from mobile phone this is a nightmare I need marth advice for my Mario! Sorry I'm gonna ask a smash modderater to help me with replys

Last edited:

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to let @ Dr Peepee Dr Peepee know that you inspired me to main Marth again. Hypest of the hype matches from you tonight! Watching you made me wonder why I ever turned away from the blade :D

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Such beautiful Marth play PP!! Those dashdances were so crisp! Please, just main Marth forever lol

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Amazing play PP. Please continue to go marth and dominate with him. Make it 06 all over again :p

D

Deleted member

my name is dr peepee and i dont play for a year and then beat all the best players in the world with my secondary lolol

troll

real talk kevin, congrats, you totally earned it

Last edited by a moderator:

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Great play PP. In reference to your other writings about Motivation, it seemed like the you truly embodied LAAkuma's idea of a "game plan" at this tournament. I was wondering if you could elaborate / point to any resources that discuss the "acceptance training" you mentioned in your post-match interview?

Also, would you say that these philosophies of mental fortitude complement Marths optimal play style?

Last edited:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
LOL I was telling people that while PP wasn't my favorite pick to win (Leffen fanboy ew), I had a feeling he'd win Apex. People were thinking you wouldn't even get top 8 or some BS, LOL. As if you are hindered by hiatus. Good stuff Kevin!

Also I really hate that you made this dumb broken piece of garbage character popular BUT that's a discussion for another day. At least people see the light.

Last edited:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LOL I was telling people that while PP wasn't my favorite pick to win (Leffen fanboy ew), I had a feeling he'd win Apex. People were thinking you wouldn't even get top 8 or some BS, LOL. As if you are hindered by hiatus. Good stuff Kevin!

Also I really hate that you made this dumb broken piece of garbage character popular BUT that's a discussion for another day. At least people see the light.
Well I could definitely also have seen myself not getting top 8 with certain brackets LOL. Thanks a ton, and no worries about being a leffen fan, he's a really talented player.

Yeah people gonna know about some sword guy =p

D

Deleted member

yeah im not gonna lie when i saw you play s2j i was like **** leffen is going to win and then you shut me the **** up

in a good way

real talk im also glad that its you and armada GF since you're my 2 fav players at this point

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

bro can i crash that stream party bro

get some cactus up in there

talk some filthy ass marthing live

D

Deleted member

im not gonna lie, not hanging out with you cactus and kirbykaze is the only regret i have for not going, but like.... meh i know i can bump into you guys at some other point thats less stressful

can we play those charlie brown videos on your stream LOL

tonic

Smash Cadet
Hey PP, huge props on your win at Apex! I had a question about your amazing Marth vs. Peach games with Armada. While more contemporary matchup theory dictates that Marth should upthrow (and I remember watching you vs. peach in the past doing this) and try to cover Peach as she tries to land. At Apex, it seems that you really rewrote the books on the grab game, going almost exclusively for mixups between fthrow, dthrow, and even back throw. I think you might have only thrown up once or twice, including that really high % upthrow on Pokemon. Can you expand on your thought process behind that? And did it have anything to do with how well PPU dealt with Hbox in a similar fashion at the same tourney?

Last edited:
Top Bottom