• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Platform Combos Guide : Part 1

Kesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
KesaGiri13
Hello my dear Falcon friends!

I was labbing platform combos with Falcon and "discovered" some cool things so i decided to make a guide about it :
I hope you will like it !

If you did, Part II is already in the making so stay tuned :)

- Kesa

D

Deleted member 269706

Awesome video, thank you for sharing this with us! Have you tested whether or not someone can DI out of the uair to knee? Either way, great stuff, looking forwards to the next video

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Has this been tested on real people ? Because the combo counter in training mode is busted and should not be trusted.

Even though that's some good work you put there, I'll remember these. Good job !

Kesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
KesaGiri13
Thank you for the kind comments !

Concerning DI, i have to test it more thoroughly but :
From my experience, both upairs are always a true combo and are pretty safe, The knee can be difficult to pull off if they DI away and you don't have enough room on the platform to run before the jump.

My goal for this video was to cover a basic example of how to pressure opponents while they are on a platform, more than showcasing the combos.
Even if the knee combos do not work when people DI away at the edge of a platform, my goal was that the people watching would try to do the combos and in the process learn about the upair stuff and also how to space the jumps and upair in this exemple.

Since there will be lots of similarities, this will make it possible for me to cover many more examples of platform pressure and optimization in the second part of my guide.

I hope it makes sense !

Last edited:
Top Bottom