• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Very nice thanks for the hard work.
What's the meaning of the W and B letters in the BKB column ?
The "defense" bar should be as low as the recovery bar I think.
Perfect autocanceled Bair has 7-9 frames of lag, that's some Sheik level of safety right here.
Usmash has more lag than I thought, and Dsmash2 is as safe as I thought.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Perfect autocanceled Bair has 7-9 frames of lag, that's some Sheik level of safety right here.
W = weight based, B = normal base

For some reason usmash 1 has both weight based knockback and base knockback at the same time. I have no idea how that works together.

Also yeh Bair... I vomited a bit when I saw it, not gonna lie lol

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
It's only 3 frames when accounting for the late hitbox, right? Sorry, I must be confused. What does FAF stand for and where are you getting the 7-9 frames from?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
FAF means first actionable frame.

The idea behind a perfectly autocancelled bair is to land on frame 19. After landing you still suffer either 2 or 4 frames landing lag depending on if you are fast falling or not.

So assuming a perfectly autocancelled bair, and you hit a shield on frame 10, you have to wait until frame 19 to land and another 2-4 frames of landing lag before you can move. tl;dr perfectly autocancelled early hit of bair is 11 frames before you can move on soft land and 13 on hard land.

If you hit with the late hit then it's less frames (if you hit a shield on frame 15 then it's 4 frames to land and 2 or 4 depending on how fast you're falling) but this is a very unlikely situation.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
FAF means first actionable frame.

The idea behind a perfectly autocancelled bair is to land on frame 19. After landing you still suffer either 2 or 4 frames landing lag depending on if you are fast falling or not.

So assuming a perfectly autocancelled bair, and you hit a shield on frame 10, you have to wait until frame 19 to land and another 2-4 frames of landing lag before you can move. tl;dr perfectly autocancelled early hit of bair is 11 frames before you can move on soft land and 13 on hard land.

If you hit with the late hit then it's less frames (if you hit a shield on frame 15 then it's 4 frames to land and 2 or 4 depending on how fast you're falling) but this is a very unlikely situation.
Thank you very much!
Edit: I'm not sure if you are able but it would be nice if someone could sticky this post.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Not that unlikely actually @ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer
It happens all the time against small characters, you can SHFFAC weak Bair on their shield. That's one of the things that make the Pika/Kirby matchups bearable.

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Thank you so much for this, I'll be adding it shortly to the directory!

As a small nitpick, I think the data for angled fsmash is not correct. The knockback angle for each version is slightly different, and the last patch nerfed the low-angled fsmash (used to be the best at KOing, now is the worst). I am not sure exactly what changed, but I believe knockback was adjusted but the angle was left alone.

Values at 1.0.4 (taken from here):
Low angled: 40°
Normal: 43°
High angled: 45°

Everything else looks correct to me. Thanks again!

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Nice data, I can't help but notice the defense stat though. What is it based on? Falcon has one of the worst disadvantages in the game if not the worst as most combos work better on him than Dedede or Fox for example. His OoS options are also pretty nonexistent as up b and usmash are both slow and the former relatively unrewarding. On the other hand he's fast, has a quick jab and some safe zoning moves to keep people off of him when it comes to neutral. I think his defense bar should be about half full.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nice data, I can't help but notice the defense stat though. What is it based on? Falcon has one of the worst disadvantages in the game if not the worst as most combos work better on him than Dedede or Fox for example. His OoS options are also pretty nonexistent as up b and usmash are both slow and the former relatively unrewarding. On the other hand he's fast, has a quick jab and some safe zoning moves to keep people off of him when it comes to neutral. I think his defense bar should be about half full.
Thank you for your input.

I think it's a bit too high also.

I think Falcon's biggest defensive trait is his speed and ability to use it defensively (think melee wavecheating)

I'll update the images as I reevaluate each page with data from 1.0.8.

Hopefully I'll have found a good artist to create better images by then.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
How about the person that made your avatar ? This is the kind of high standard that is needed imo.

Nate22Hill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nate22Hill
Thank you for your input.

I think it's a bit too high also.

I think Falcon's biggest defensive trait is his speed and ability to use it defensively (think melee wavecheating)

I'll update the images as I reevaluate each page with data from 1.0.8.

Hopefully I'll have found a good artist to create better images by then.
This is really good frame data. But as a new player what do i do with frame data??? Do they help me see which moves have priority over others?? or they they just tell me what my fastest moves are

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How about the person that made your avatar ? This is the kind of high standard that is needed imo.
I drew this masterpiece.
This is really good frame data. But as a new player what do i do with frame data??? Do they help me see which moves have priority over others?? or they they just tell me what my fastest moves are
This is an insightful post on how to use frame data.

http://smashboards.com/threads/ganondorfs-frame-data.406058/#post-19459670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom